Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa (3273 Views)

Imagine if 45 Million People Of The Country Of The Caribbean in Quote / Gaddafi Flies In Black Africans To Quell Protests As Libya Descends Into Anarchy / Gaddafi Wants Atleasts 5 Billion Euros/yr from EU To Prevent "black Europe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by comfort3: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2009
Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi has said he would like a United States of Africa to include "Caribbean islands with African populations".

Col Gaddafi, speaking in Tripoli as the African Union's (AU) new chairman, said this could include Haiti, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.

The Libyan leader also sympathised with Somali pirates, describing their actions as self-defence.

Last week he said that multi-party democracy was not right for Africa.

The BBC's Rana Jawad in the Libyan capital says Col Gaddafi's critics believe he is too erratic to be chairman of the 53-nation AU.

A week into his appointment his agenda for Africa is expanding and his views remain as controversial as ever to some people, she says.

Praise for pirates

Celebrating his new role at his compound in Tripoli on Tuesday, Col Gaddafi suggested Caribbean islands should join the AU and become a bridge between Africa and Latin America.

He went on to tell a gathering of some 400 guests that Somali pirates were only hitting back against other countries stealing marine wealth from the region's waters.

Col Gaddafi said the United Nations should protect Somali waters from the piracy of other countries.

He also said he would use his 12 months at the helm of the AU to try to resolve Africa's conflicts, including Darfur and Somalia.

Last week, the Libyan leader used his inaugural address as rotating head of the AU in Ethiopia to push his long-cherished pet project of a United States of Africa.

He envisages a single African military force, a single currency and a single passport for Africans to move freely around the continent.

But the response from many of his fellow African leaders was lukewarm, with some saying the proposal would add an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy.

He also raised eyebrows by saying that multi-party democracy only led to bloodshed in Africa and that the best model for Africa was his own country, where opposition parties are not allowed.

SOURCE:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7883178.stm
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by SamMilla1(m): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2009
what if he is right?
what if his philosophies is the best for us.?
the problem people have in Africa is that they are embracing western propaganda with alarming velocity.
i must remind us that America is not our best friend.

imagine having a single African passport and currency?
what do you think Europeans are doing now?, bringing together every country in their region, introducing single currency system,
must we be the last in everything?
or is it a bad idea because Ghaddafi proposed it, i m sure sure his country is better than almost all other african countries
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Lagosboy: 11:09am On Feb 12, 2009
Honestly this is interesting and in as much as i dont fancy Ghaddaffi to a great extent I think having the carrebean countries join the AU i find very intresting and i think it would be a good idea.

One passport like the EU passport with the issuing country in there is very good and one currency like the euro would make Africas economy stronger. It is high time we begin to unite, the bane of africas development i must say has been ethnic and tribal wars mixed with curruption. It is not every country democracy works for and Gaddaffi has a point there no matter how people might seem to diasgree. I am not a real fan of Ghaddaffi but i think he has a point. Democracy has brought nothing to Nigeria except looting, and electioneering wars. All the infrastrucutre of Lagos were built during the military era of 1970 - 1975 with the exception of 3rd mainland bridge by IBB. Africa has to look inward and see what is best for it and not copy western style democracy word for word.

Morons like Mugabe however do not help matters, Zimbabwe is democratic but one idiot has held the whole country to ransom. Nigeria for example for the next 60 yrs would never get a leader they vote for unless the people revolt. How is democracy benefitting us then?

US of Africa with the countries still remaining autonomous is a good idea i think but not with Ghaddaffi has its head. The head of such state should be rotational like it is done currently in the AU but with a 2 yr term to bring a degree of stability.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by c33b33(m): 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2009
Gaddafi should go and sit down,if Africa was sensible,people like him would not smell the seat of AU, a foolish tight sit leader.Hope he won't hold on to AU like his father's property
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Muza(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
pls sm1 should pls wake Ghaddafi up
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by JustGood(m): 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
I told Ghadaffi to stop taking hard drugs undecided
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by mustafar1: 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
he is taking soft drugs, cos i dint think hard drugs would make him want the Caribbean to join in.

i would want to know why he would want the Caribbean to join in. honestly.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by lucabrasi(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2009
must_a_far:

he is taking soft drugs, cos i dint think hard drugs would make him want the Caribbean to join in.

i would want to know why he would want the Caribbean to join in. honestly.

why wont the carribean want to join in?whats so special with them apart from patronage from white tourists who treat them virtually like slaves? besides they will gain more economically and more relevance in the world stage if they join and they will be taken more serious rather than the stereotype of the smiling black steward who is always ready and willing to make his master happy.
@post
i think the man has very good and grand ideals "IN PRINCIPLE"what i am worried about is his own personal agenda,cause it seems to me that he is only trying to use the united states of africa as a weapon to get back at his arch enemy who he has had to go crawling back to beg america, however if adequate checks and balances could be put in place including seperation of powers then it could work, i dont see the union being like the united states, maybe symbolic and taking joint decisions when it comes to addressing global issue more like,trade co operations e.t.c
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Lagosboy: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
Good point lubcrasi
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by naijaking1: 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
Gaddafi -the dreamer
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by bawomolo(m): 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2009
Last week he said that multi-party democracy was not right for Africa.

lucabrasi - what's good about this idea in principle
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
Sam Milla:

what if he is right?
what if his philosophies is the best for us.?

What if he is wrong? What if his philosophies will bring amageddon quicker to Africa and the black race? Ever heard of the word EXTINCTION? We are not immune.

Sam Milla:

the problem people have in Africa is that they are embracing western propaganda with alarming velocity.

Can you definitively prove that is actually the problem in Africa? Does setting people who do not agree with you or vote your way Western? Are the ethnic wars that today plague most of Africa western in nature? You will need to prove the above claim to convince me that you are even close to he right track here mister!

Sam Milla:

i must remind us that America is not our best friend.
Did America apply to be our best friend? What has this got to do with what is going on in Africa today?

Sam Milla:

imagine having a single African passport and currency?

Does having a single African passport and currency mean anything? We have a single currency in Nigeria and so far we have yet to prove we are competent enough to handle things as a people. Same case in all countries in Africa. What about the commonwealth that allowed people to travel from country to country without need for a visa? Did that solve or heal those nations in anyway?

Sam Milla:

what do you think Europeans are doing now?, bringing together every country in their region, introducing single currency system, must we be the last in everything?

In one you say we should not subscribe to western propaganda, in another you want Africa to copy the west, which one you be sef?

Sam Milla:

or is it a bad idea because Ghaddafi proposed it, i m sure sure his country is better than almost all other african countries

You are sure that his country is better than almost all other African countries?? shocked can you please show some proof of this.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2009
Gaddaffi is obviously a confused man. Who likes being associated with war, poverty and disease.

I dont know why African countries end up with these kind of leaders. Pathetic
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2009
Lagosboy:

Honestly this is interesting and in as much as i dont fancy Ghaddaffi to a great extent I think having the carrebean countries join the AU i find very intresting and[b] i think it would be a good idea.[/b]

One question, Why?

Lagosboy:

One passport like the EU passport with the issuing country in there is very good and one currency like the euro would make Africas economy stronger.

Prove the above statement please!

Lagosboy:

It is high time we begin to unite, the bane of africas development i must say has been ethnic and tribal wars mixed with curruption. It is not every country democracy works for and Gaddaffi has a point there no matter how people might seem to diasgree.

Well, democracy is simply government for the people by the people. What country, apart from south Africa, has been able to walk those lines without tainting it in anyway, and then proven it to be wrong type of government for them?

Lagosboy:

I am not a real fan of Ghaddaffi but i think he has a point. Democracy has brought nothing to Nigeria except looting, and electioneering wars. All the infrastrucutre of Lagos were built during the military era of 1970 - 1975 with the exception of 3rd mainland bridge by IBB. Africa has to look inward and see what is best for it and not copy western style democracy word for word.

We successfully implemented millitary rule in that country, right? Then we realized that there were problems as time went on. Have we successfully worked on implementing democratic rule before we can rule it out as a choice? What gaddafi is offering is dictatorial rule, is that what we want as a nation next?

Lagosboy:
Morons like Mugabe however do not help matters, Zimbabwe is democratic but one idiot has held the whole country to ransom. Nigeria for example for the next 60 yrs would never get a leader they vote for unless the people revolt. How is democracy benefitting us then?

I am afraid that after reading your analyzes on democracy in africa in the last paragraph, I decided I may be wasting my time.

Lagosboy:

US of Africa with the countries still remaining autonomous is a good idea i think but not with Ghaddaffi has its head. The head of such state should be rotational like it is done currently in the AU but with a 2 yr term to bring a degree of stability.

WOW!!
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2009
African States like Biafra, like Arewa, like Odua, will all have their autonomy, as a state inside the USAfrica.

I am 100% in support of this in as much as each state of USAfrica will control their resources, I don't mind who will be the president or prime minister or what ever they like to call him of Africa.

Advantages are many as well there are disadvantatges, e.g. there will be no more borders for all African citizens, a Nigerian will just buy an air ticket and fly to Johannesburg, or Cairo, or anywhere in Africa, likewise the others, holding a passport for United States of Africa, you will be very proud where ever you go as an African, and another advantage is most of the crisis presently ongoing in Somalia, Sudan, etc will be stopped, because what they mostly wanted is Autonomy, it is easy to get state autonomy than country, though I don't know what their plan is for the USAfrica, but I am sure they will plan it the way it will be more peaceful, wealthier, and stronger.

Imagine using one currency for all Africa, maybe we should call it "AFRO" I am sure it will be very powerful and it will compete with other world currencies, and that will make the economic wellbeing of Africans better.

There will be more job opportunities, most of the problems job seekers are facing is strict borders, e.g. There are many doctors in Nigeria while there are many vacancies for doctors in South Africa, if there is a United States of Africa for example, people from Nigeria will move freely and legally to South Africa to fill the vacancy without immigration issues.

The only problem this great African Unity will face is jealous from the developed countries, the simple fact that our people do not understand for long is most of these developed countries do not want to see Africa become developed, they just want to be pumping aid to Africa, and that's it, you will hear them shouting on Food Aid, but they don't shout on Sustainable Agriculture in Africa, there is a very big land for cultivation in Africa. This is a special issue, and can take up different direction.

By the way, United States of Africa will be largest country on Earth!

1 Like

Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 12, 2009
auwal87:

African States like Biafra, like Arewa, like Odua, will all have their autonomy, as a state inside the USAfrica.

I am 100% in support of this in as much as each state of USAfrica will control their resources, I don't mind who will be the president or prime minister or what ever they like to call him of Africa.

yeah, just exactly like the hausas have allowed us autonomy eh? Pls you arab goons shld go and sit down somewhere.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by naijaway(m): 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2009
for some reasons i like most of his views excerpt the one about multi party not good for Africa. Only a fool thinks that way cuz in my view he's trying to say that there are no other smart and intelligent people excerpt for those that would be in power. All the same i like the idea of the carribieans being a bridge and the idea of one army and also taking back of resources. He would have been so legit if not for holding onto power as if is it was saudi arabia.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
davidylan:

yeah, just exactly like the hausas have allowed us autonomy eh? Pls you arab goons shld go and sit down somewhere.

Read this topic and don't come back here to say hausas haven't allowed you autonomy.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2009
auwal87:

Read this topic and don't come back here to say hausas haven't allowed you autonomy.

I read it . . . Dikko is simply saying that had the north agreed to break up then it would be no better than Niger Republic today. Of course we all knew that a long time ago . . . you poor rats feeding on the rest of the nation.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
davidylan:

I read it . . . Dikko is simply saying that had the north agreed to break up then it would be no better than Niger Republic today. Of course we all knew that a long time ago . . . you poor rats feeding on the rest of the nation.

No, there is more to it than just the title, read the excerpt below;

"He continued: "I can still remember vividly how one Emir in the North, he is still alive told some of us who went round to tell our people in all parts of the North why we should no longer support the idea of the country breaking up. The Emir told us that we have gone to collect money to suppress the idea to break up Nigeria. When the time comes I will mention his name that is when I am writing my book."

1. I am sure he is the Emir of Kano because he is the longest living Emir in the North
2. This shows the true Northern leaders are supporting the breakup
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2009
Also below, Edo and Delta said No to breakup, but all other regions supported the idea, including the North.

"So, we went, some people were saying Nigeria should break up. All the regions supported the idea, except Midwest (now Edo and Delta states), which said no, the federation should remain and continue. We went as Northern delegation, led by Sir. Kashim Ibrahim, Governor under the Sardauna to Lagos to discuss the matter."
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Finally: 11:53pm On Feb 12, 2009
What is the difference bewtween the Africa we have now and the USAfrica that Mallam Ghaddaffi is proposing.

Would a change of name, a central currency and possibly a central government resolve all the problems the continent is having? The corruption, bribery, the sit-tight attitude of most rulers etc. Me thinks not!!!!!

Western democracy might not be the best for Africa. If Ghaddafi has a better form of government that might suit Africa, lets hear it. I hope he is not thinking about the one he is currently practicing in libya shocked
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 11:57pm On Feb 12, 2009
Finally:

What is the difference bewtween the Africa we have now and the USAfrica that Mallam Ghaddaffi is proposing.

Would a change of name, a central currency and possibly a central government resolve all the problems the continent is having? The corruption, bribery, the sit-tight attitude of most rulers etc. Me thinks not!!!!!

Western democracy might not be the best for Africa. If Ghaddafi has a better form of government that might suit Africa, lets hear it. I hope he is not thinking about the one he is currently practicing in libya shocked

No one can say all of Africa's problems will be solved if a USAfrica is formed, but at least there will be so many advantages for Africans when that is done for sure, as well as some problems especially on the top, but who will care about the president or prime minister, if your state have control over their resources (note "state" here I mean the present countries in the future USAfrica).

Yes, single African Currency, single African Passport, and single African military will be very important to the Economy of Africa, e.g. look at the European Union, look at the United States of America, they were all divided before, now they are one, but each state have their own autonomy, haven't you recently heard that California is in recession, New York is copping, etc etc. This is an indication that each state have control over their resources.

So, IF the Ghaddafi's plan will give all African states their own autonomy, then denying it can be regretful.

Remember selfishness can only lead to delusion, but reality is what you should be for your future and the future of your children and your children's children.
But His Libya is thousand times better than your Nigeria, economically and socially.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by potiglo: 12:03am On Feb 13, 2009
i need to share my starcomms evdo on 6 desktop through wired lan cable with switch pls give me dtails potiglo@yahoo.com
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by udezue(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2009
I like the idea of including Carribean nations but Ghadafi needs to get the hell out of here please
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Feb 13, 2009
auwal87:

No one can say all of Africa's problems will be solved if a USAfrica is formed, but at least there will be so many advantages for Africans when that is done for sure, as well as some problems especially on the top, but who will care about the president or prime minister, if your state have control over their resources (note "state" here I mean the present countries in the future USAfrica).
Could you in, concise statements, share with us some of these advantages and explain how it solves or helps solve any one of the many problems we have in Africa today?
auwal87:

Yes, single African Currency, single African Passport, and single African military will be very important to the Economy of Africa, e.g. look at the European Union, look at the United States of America, they were all divided before, now they are one, but each state have their own autonomy, haven't you recently heard that California is in recession, New York is copping, etc etc. This is an indication that each state have control over their resources.

Are you of the mind that each state that makes up America today or the EU today had problems at the same levels as countries in Africa do today when the union was formed in each case? I mean what country in the EU had exactly the same issues we have now in any other country in Africa today when it joined the union? I ask because it seems your are saying the only reason why the EU or America works is simply that each country/state united--- no consideration to be made to the state of the local economy and political landscape of the time of joining .( please let me know if this is not clear)
auwal87:

So, IF the Ghaddafi's plan will give all African states their own autonomy, then denying it can be regretful.
African states already have their autonomy today, what good has come of it so far? Why are you already handing power to decide to Ghaddafi?
auwal87:

Remember selfishness can only lead to delusion, but reality is what you should be for your future and the future of your children and your children's children.
But His Libya is thousand times better than your Nigeria, economically and socially.
But South Africa is way better than Libya, so why are we going for Libya here again?
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by auwal87(m): 1:41am On Feb 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Could you in, concise statements, share with us some of these advantages and explain how it solves or helps solve any one of the many problems we have in Africa today?
The most important ones are Job Opportunities and Trade Opportunities, e.g. Factories in Lagos can freely sale in Addis Ababa without borders.

Are you of the mind that each state that makes up America today or the EU today had problems at the same levels as countries in Africa do today when the union was formed in each case? I mean what country in the EU had exactly the same issues we have now in any other country in Africa today when it joined the union? I ask because it seems your are saying the only reason why the EU or America works is simply that each country/state united--- no consideration to be made to the state of the local economy and political landscape of the time of joining .( please let me know if this is not clear)

Mr. Kobo, imagine to say each state in the USA is another country with its own president, or imagine that the US Federal government controls 100% of the country's resources, imagine EU also to control 100% of Europe's resources. Will there be any good from that? Likewise USAfrica, it is not the leader that matters or who makes the decision, it is what is laid in reality that will make effect on each citizen of Africa, e.g. Can you say the economy of lets say Nigeria will not improve if Nigerians have the ability to make products and sell them anywhere in Africa without borders? You cannot compare EU, or USA, with USAfrica, even if we become one country, we will have long way to go, but at least, there will be strong hope.

African states already have their autonomy today, what good has come of it so far? Why are you already handing power to decide to Ghaddafi?But South Africa is way better than Libya, so why are we going for Libya here again?

Each country in Africa has autonomy, but where the problem lies is not all the countries are able to stand with their feets, with one military power, one currency, and one central government, each country (future states) will only focus on economic and social matters.

NB: NB:
I am just saying based on what I understand, because I do not know if they have any hidden agenda, I cannot trust Ghaddafi either as a dictator (though good for his country), but if all what is said on the plans are true and there are no hidden agendas, like aiding for the One World Government, since we have USA now also looking towards the South and Canada, and the EU already there, GCC in the middle east on their way, USAfrica coming also, so it might just be a way to form a One World Government, which I strongly oppose.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Nobody: 4:05am On Feb 13, 2009
Q: Are Africans stupid?
A : Maybe!!!!

Arabized and Islamized Africans are the reason Africans are more than 1 thousand years behind. Especially West Africans. The Islamized blacks and Arabs burned down the what would've been one of the oldest university in the world which was 500yrs old when they destroyed it in the 10th century A.D. A university the whole world used to learn from destroyed. Now Africans go abroad to study what they used to teach. Nigeria should be an example for Africans. Arabized fulanis don't have respect for any culture not Arabic or Islam in nature. They destroyed the Hausa culture and now the Hausas think like them and the crusade against African cultures go on. Arabs and Moors (mixture of Blacks and Arabs) destroyed Timbuktu. Gaddafi doesn't love Africans it's a fact proven by his government. He supported the First civil war in Sudan which was against the Southern Sudanese people (Blacks) in an attempt to make Sudan part of Libya. supporter of APC people are Moors and they think they are Arab not Black so they support Arab's agenda. A little history should be a guide when making decisions. I hope Africans see through Gaddafi's PROPAGANDA.!!
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by lucabrasi(m): 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2009
@bawomolo
for one it will allow africans to be able to harness the powers it has in negotiating a better deal for themselves,look at the agricultural rebate thing,if we all rejected it including the neo liberal imf,wto and co that are designed to keep us in perpetual slavery then we will be better off for it.

second we have oil,coca,diamonds,cofee e.t.c they need us more than we need them,the only thing they have better than us is superior technology mostly warfare and nuclear and a better government,copled with the fact that while their so called advanced world is being decimated by environmental polution,we still have unspoiled and natural atmosphere,rainforest e.t.c
therefore if we all came together as one and used our collective powers i.e what is written above,we will e in a better stance to negotiate(sort of in the original fascist ideology of being more powerful as a bunch)

the only concerns which i see there is ghadaffi trying to foist his ideals on the rest of africa including being a dictator,well he cant do that if there are adequate checks and balances,so he either agrees with the multitude or piss off to a corner and sulk, irrespective of his sinister motives,all he has done is espouce his own ideals which is open to negotiation,consencus or outright rejection,he knows and the rest of theleader knows this as well
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Lagosboy: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2009
9jaganja:

Q: Are Africans stupid?
A : Maybe!!!!

Arabized and Islamized Africans are the reason Africans are more than 1 thousand years behind. Especially West Africans. The Islamized blacks and Arabs burned down the what would've been one of the oldest university in the world which was 500yrs old when they destroyed it in the 10th century A.D. A university the whole world used to learn from destroyed. Now Africans go abroad to study what they used to teach. Nigeria should be an example for Africans. Arabized fulanis don't have respect for any culture not Arabic or Islam in nature. They destroyed the Hausa culture and now the Hausas think like them and the crusade against African cultures go on. Arabs and Moors (mixture of Blacks and Arabs) destroyed Timbuktu. Gaddafi doesn't love Africans it's a fact proven by his government. He supported the First civil war in Sudan which was against the Southern Sudanese people (Blacks) in an attempt to make Sudan part of Libya. supporter of APC people are Moors and they think they are Arab not Black so they support Arab's agenda. A little history should be a guide when making decisions. I hope Africans see through Gaddafi's PROPAGANDA.!!

Nothing but sham!!!!

Some people just see everything thing through their religous and ethnic pin hole mind.

Here is lubraci and Auwal , kobojunkie analysing issues intellectually and debating with sense/

Here is another person rattling islamic this islamic that , hausa this hausa that. Nobody is saying Ghaddafi should be the leader of this USA but look at the message with an open mind and disagree with it intellectually.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by ScanLess: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2009
It beats my imagination how this despot made it to AU presidency, but that's the tragedy of Africa, where humans allow animals to rule them. sometimes i think this guy that posted "movement for the recolonisation of Africa" was right, just how does an arab terrorist get to become president of AU really baffles me the end is at hand, i tell you.
Re: Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
auwal87:

The most important ones are Job Opportunities and Trade Opportunities, e.g. Factories in Lagos can freely sale in Addis Ababa without borders.

We ram the claims of job opportunities and Trade opportunities into most every thing we can today but can we for once deal with facts? As we are today, nothing, I repeat, nothing stops any African country from trading with it’s neighbours or other Africans countries. We do not see jobs and trade increasing. Does dropping the borders solve that? How?

auwal87:

Mr. Kobo, imagine to say each state in the USA is another country with its own president, or imagine that the US Federal government controls 100% of the country's resources, imagine EU also to control 100% of Europe's resources. Will there be any good from that?

Forgive me but I am really shocked that you would ask me to imagine such. What the USA has now is simply democracy. What we have in Nigeria today is not even close to what the US has. Why does this help the case for Gaddafi’s fantasy?

auwal87:
Likewise USAfrica, it is not the leader that matters or who makes the decision, it is what is laid in reality that will make effect on each citizen of Africa, e.g. Can you say the economy of lets say Nigeria will not improve if Nigerians have the ability to make products and sell them anywhere in Africa without borders? You cannot compare EU, or USA, with USAfrica, even if we become one country, we will have long way to go, but at least, there will be strong hope.

a) Nigerians have almost always had the ability to produce/make products and sell them anywhere in Africa, and right now, to most of the world. How has that so far improved anything?
b) When you say Borders, what do you imagine Borders are?
c) Are you saying Countries that are part of the EU do not currently have borders?
d) Strong hope for what? What are you talking about?

auwal87:
Each country in Africa has autonomy, but where the problem lies is not all the countries are able to stand with their feets, with one military power, one currency, and one central government, each country (future states) will only focus on economic and social matters.

a) Why are some countries unable to stand on their own feet in Africa?
b) Name one country in Africa that is unable to trade with other African countries if border is really a part of the problem.
c) We right now have one central government in Nigeria; states are able to trade with each other and focus on economic and social matters now in Nigeria, why is it not working? ( And don’t give me the “ it will only work if we add more people to the mix” round answer that does not explain anything)

auwal87:
NB: NB:
I am just saying based on what I understand, because I do not know if they have any hidden agenda, I cannot trust Ghaddafi either as a dictator (though good for his country), but if all what is said on the plans are true and there are no hidden agendas, like aiding for the One World Government, since we have USA now also looking towards the South and Canada, and the EU already there, GCC in the middle east on their way, USAfrica coming also, so it might just be a way to form a One World Government, which I strongly oppose.

Can you prove that Ghaddafi is so far good for his country? Do you know the history of libya and how things only started changing for the best more recently?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reverse Migration. White Euros Immigrate To Angola In Truckloads / Will Removing The "State Of Origin" From The Constitution Make Nigeria Better? / Professor Osinbajo And All APC Members Must Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.