Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash (33807 Views)

BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends / Akwa Ibom State Can Solve Nigeria’s Fuel Scarcity – Gov. Udom Emmanuel / What Foreigners Think About Nigeria's Fuel Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by zubysnook: 11:17am On May 23, 2015
I
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by chrisja(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2015
The response from Nigerians shows the level of enlightenment... The car battery can be charged by solar energy... Idiotic response from people who think they know something...

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by ngmgeek(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2015
Ben Murray-Bruce

Another out of touch politician, living in and tweeting from his mansion. So so talk and no with no common sense. Now, get your own "melecine" and put your tail behind your legs like a scared nkita.
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by morereb10: 11:22am On May 23, 2015
That man is a slowpoke ooo, why is it that we always shy away from problem? I used to belive is this country for crying out loud. Now I don't tink is going to be ok ever.
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by jenti: 11:23am On May 23, 2015
I guess Ben Bruce had been misunderstood. In an attempt to boost his ego, he said he introduced the elecric car. What Ben Bruce had was a SOLAR CAR which is powered by the sun . Solar energy is abundant in Nigeria more than even Asia where the car was manufactured. It is the kind of car Nigerians who can afford it should buy.
Im praying to God for money to buy one. The only area of worry is the maintenance and servicing in the event of a breakdown.
Nigerian must begin to adopt the solar approach to solve the power problems. I used solar at home snd office and Im glad I did. No govt can solve our energy crisis. It had lingered on for too many years. Our ultimate solution is to gradualy embrace solar technology to supplement the regular supply

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by umarc19: 11:25am On May 23, 2015
Fourwinds:
remember it was someone's Opinion to remove fuel subsidy which is a scam in 2012 and it became binding on every Nigerians. So it is better to attack d idi..ots with deir senseless opinion. I hope u understand now

In as much as I want to believe you I still don't agree with your comparison, the fuel subsidy saga is national while this one is personal, look at what he said:

"With the fuel scarcity I feel for my people in Nigerian. That's why I introduced the electric car. I drive it without bothering about fuel."

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Nobody: 11:27am On May 23, 2015
how many nigerians can buy keke let alone eletronic car? abegggii
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by smsdigito: 11:29am On May 23, 2015
car not affordable by the common man, electricity to charge the car not available either. so not really on point for now until maybe decades later.

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by jjk24(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2015
Uses solar power too, aa fink, buh wtf introduced?.
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by samx4real(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2015
I be think say this man get sense before na!

Advice for Mr M. Bruce... Abeg dey cross check before u drop this kind status next time!

+I pity my country! Even those @ d top can't even provide a simple solution to our problems!

Na wa oh!
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Abelmoscus(m): 11:33am On May 23, 2015
Ha oga Bruce! I bn dey respect Ur opinion b4 o, but for dis own, Ojo Madueke beta pass U. U get light so tey U forget say some pple no dey see light for months. Diaris God oo
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2015
Mumu oshi. Brainless moronic fellow.
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by 989900: 11:36am On May 23, 2015
chrisja:
The response from Nigerians shows the level of enlightenment... The car battery can be charged by solar energy... Idiotic response from people who think they know something...

I was going to say the same, the car has a solar panel roof.
Which means, you just need to drive it during an averagely sunny day to get it charged, or basically you shouldn't have much problem getting around in it during the day (depending on what the specs are).

And maybe short trips at night . . . overall, it is a limited function car, ideal 'toy' for the rich at almost N6m, and you still need to charge it regardless.

How about the 'Keke' owners, the 'Okadas', the 'Danfos', the man still paying back co-operative loan on his N750,000 car?
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by deehusby60: 11:38am On May 23, 2015
Ben Bruce made the mention because he does not know poverty, it's like telling Bukky Saraki that you haven't eating for 3 days, it will sound so funny to him because he has never been hungry all his life. those that are from poor home that had the opportunity to be in Government, has been battling with complex, insecurity will make them loot until the end. Because, his scared never to go back to poverty.
Raiders:
yeye politicians. This senator should shut up because he is part of Nigeria problems
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by samx4real(m): 11:39am On May 23, 2015
chrisja:

Bros u eh?

Did Mr M. Bruce tell u that his car is solar powered? What about the amount... Over 5million naira, how many Nigerians can afford that?

"Level of enlightenment my foot"

Bros u self need Enlightenment oh!
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by sleekymag(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2015
pendy79:
There is one thing synonymous with PDP leaders and their daft, dull and brainless followers, they are all stupid.

How can a NIGERIAN claim to introduce ELECTRIC CARS, [b]what should TOYOTA, HONDA, KIA and other manufacturer say?

[/b]No wonder a former minister of information said JONATHAN brought FACEBOOK to Nigeria.

Nigeria seems cursed with the calibre of leaders at the helm of affairs.

Thank God for the BROOM REVOLUTION.

IMAGINE "ELECTRIC CAR I INTRODUCED" is Nigeria such a backward country that people say frivoulous things like this.

Guess he own the patent to electric cars

If you've been watching his tv station Silverbird, you would have seen the electric car he is talking about. And yes, it is from KIA motors. He is probably trying to help KIA introduce it into the Nigerian market. He is also advocating for it to be powered by solar, which is what i think he uses, as the programme showed. Nigerians like displaying their ignorance, just because they don't understand what he's on about. He also challenged Nigerian inventors and engineers to come up with a kind of battery that can last many hours, such that the car can run a lot of miles before needing to be recharged.
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Nobody: 11:40am On May 23, 2015
I hate people that just get insultive to get their points across angry,insulting someone that is probably older than you,wallahi if na me i go track any bastarddd when insult,kidnap the person with police make dem flog u wella
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by chukied(m): 11:42am On May 23, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
more

Lol....like what on earth was he thinking? As if it's only cars that need fuel....even diesel to power the gen that'd charge the car isn't available either....DUMB ASS!!!
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by chukied(m): 11:45am On May 23, 2015
WhoBeThisMan:
But be has a good point b4 sha, how much is the car?

5million naira
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by cao(f): 11:48am On May 23, 2015
Aww...poor Ben, he's forgotten he lives in Nigeria...by the time PHCN deals with your car, it will be like film trick when the car explodes from electrical surges...Imagine when your car loses power in the middle of the road with no charging station in site. Oh Ben...**sings MJ's Ben**

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by olareed(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2015
No electricity,you can't charge your car,even if you would use gen,you must need fuel...so basically, your electric car is useless without fuel....
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by solarview(m): 11:49am On May 23, 2015
BBM= Ben Bruce Morris
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by STEVENcrack(m): 11:52am On May 23, 2015
Iranu abacha
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by sucess001(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2015
[size=18pt]anyone attacking the guy must be super daft. Someone suggests an alternative to u and u insult him. U say u don't have electricity to charge it...whoever told u it's electricity dt u nid to charge it. dt it's an electric car doesn't mean u nid electricity to charge it dumbheads. When the US started research on shale .were they being daft? Now they have forced price of fuel down. Most of the pple attackin d guy don't even knw d details of how the ar works...d biggest problem with Nigerians is really daftness...I wud rather ask him to gimme more details on d product dan attack him[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by samx4real(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2015
youmour:
I hate people that just get insultive to get their points across angry,insulting someone that is probably older than you,wallahi if na me i go track any bastarddd when insult,kidnap the person with police make dem flog u wella

I hail oh!

Just imagine how many people Oga Jona & him wife Dame Patient go don flog!
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by networkrecharg: 11:54am On May 23, 2015
I THOUGH THE CAR USES SOLAR.
BUT IF SOLAR IS DAT CHEAP POOR MEN WPULD HACE ABANDONED SMALL TIGER GENERATORS.

BEN BRUCE WANNA USE US FO MONEY MINTING MACHINES.....
INTRODUCE ELECTRIC CAR IN NIGERIA.... EHEN HUNGER N JOBLESS NESS FULL EVERY WHERE
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Nobody: 11:58am On May 23, 2015
d guy na fool
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by sucess001(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2015
samx4real:

Bros u eh?

Did Mr M. Bruce tell u that his car is solar powered? What about the amount... Over 5million naira, how many Nigerians can afford that?

"Level of enlightenment my foot"

Bros u self need Enlightenment oh!

Actually it's u dts nids enlightenment. Its actually solar powered but cos u re so eager to attack bruce...u openly display ur ignorance.

Most gud cars on d road re more dan 5m...d ones u see in naija.

even mine is just less dan 5m...so if u get one dt doesn't have to use fuel...it makes sense. find out tins before u attack it
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by chronique(m): 12:04pm On May 23, 2015
The fact is that majority of Nigerians are actually plain stupid and most don't even think before talking or responding. Furthermore,the poor educational background of most Nigerians,makes their stupidit shine bright like diamonds.

First of all,Ben said He "introduced" not invented. Whyy are Nigerians so quick to insult Him? Has anyy of the major automobile manufacturers introduced the electric car to the Nigerian market? Even in Europe where these cars are majorly found,the % of people using it there,is low. Diesel cars sell more there cos diesel is cheap. Moreover,the electric cars haven't gained much ground there cos its relatively a new technology,and it's still evolving. This car uses solar energy(as far as I know) and we all know the Europeans don't have access to as much solar energy from the sun,as much as we have here in Africa. This could be a factor as to why the electric car hasn't gained enough grounds as it should over there.
With the amount of scortching sun we receive here in Africa,it would only make sense that we take advantage of this technology. I'm surpised people are talking about lack of electricity to charge the car;this just shows how ignorant most Nigerians are. A solar powered car would definitely keeping charging itself so long as it can draw energy consistently and constantly,from the sun.

Nigerian youths really need to change their myopic way of reasoning,and open their minds to learning and reading more about issues before they dabble into such discussions. I have driven a hybrid car that is powered by both petrol engine and a battery,and I understand fully how an electric car works. All the battery needs,is a constant source of electricity/energy and this can be provided by constantly drawing direct energy from the sun,or by having power being supplied to it from a petrol or deisel powered engine.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 23, 2015
Same man that stole NTA money to start Silverbird TV?
Oko stella grin
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by bigtt76(f): 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
Ode … he will soon introduce solar car grin
Re: Ben Bruce Proffers Solution To Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity, Suffers Backlash by Cossette: 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
Even if it is solar powered, is it affordable by majority of Nigerians given the state of the economy, if it is not then what is the point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Caught Flogging A Man In Jos (Video) / President Buhari Approves Review Of Grazing Reserves In 25 States / I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.