Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force (12058 Views)

Hard Working Policewoman 'Mama G' Promoted In Bayelsa State. Photos / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Dandeson1(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
Join the Revolution today as we marched to protect the Great Nigerian woman Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who through her hardwork and achievement have proved that Nigerian women are the greatest capable of doing not only what men can do but doing it Better..

#SupportNgoziOkonjoIweala#

Sign Below

https://www.change.org/p/yale-university-ignore-the-call-for-stripping-dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-of-the-doctorate-of-humane-letters-presented-to-her-on-monday-may-18-2015-during-yale-s-commencement-ceremony-in-new-haven-connecticut-alongside-eight-others
which hard work the hard work that has left Nigeria in a big Economic mess, i know you have bn paid... Congrats,... FOOL

1 Like

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by esperiense(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2015
Stop collecting bribe, always do the right thing and u will be promoted
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 11:42am On May 23, 2015
He hasnt been collecting enough money at the checkpoints
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Captainswag225(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2015
he should write a petition to the igp of police and give him reasons why he thinks he deserves promotion.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by gebest: 11:44am On May 23, 2015
police promotion is based on vacancy and seniority, asp u are complaining, as a cadet inspr. Two years in d job u were comfirmed insp. Den seven years later u were promoted to asp unconfirmed two years later u were confirmed asp, as a confired asp u should be six years or seven now. So check d recent promotion dey just released whether ur name is there because i know for sure u will be promoted this year.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by tayebest(m): 11:46am On May 23, 2015
blueto:
can you provide it for him?
Am I government official or an agent?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 11:50am On May 23, 2015
police officers deserves no pity. Bunch of killers
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 11:54am On May 23, 2015
I would advice u visit the police service commission, go to the open registry, find someone who can have asses to ur file, giv him a tip, maybe some required document for ur promotion is missing or deliberately removed, in both cases make photocopies and re-add them , when its time for ur promotion exercise trace back to the commission and find someone to help u follow up , a messenger, typist or a p.a will do with a tip .ur promotion is sure....mind u this tip am giving is a sure banker cos having served in the service commission , a lot of internal politics. Case of missing file, hidden file and or file not getting to commission for promotion seating when its needs to is a rear case of the service anomaly.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Sunbassen(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2015
How is May 1, 2000 till May 2015 16 years?His composition is also not fabulous and he claims to be better than others? To be promoted, you have to be bold, be good at your job,have good command of English and be LOYAL to your boss. Also, add more to your academic achievements..,
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by holluwai(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2015
Getting from the rank of an ASP is usually long, he should know better since he is in the system. He will get promoted soon if he remains loyal to his career.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Mishydoo(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2015
benedictnsi:
It may sound bad buh i guess you should....

QUIT

If not dat I repented recently,i wld av sed u speak frm ya arse,bt I wldnt say dat.
Jobs arnt easy to come by...u'll be supprised dia hundreds of people prayin day and nyt to be in his position.
Our mistake is we loose focus of what u have and focus on wat we dont have.
@Op...tell him to sit put,wrk hard...and begin search for a better place.once he sees,he shld move immediately!!!
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Sweetguy25: 12:00pm On May 23, 2015
I suspect tribalism.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by derolemode(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
Join the Revolution today as we marched to protect the Great Nigerian woman Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who through her hardwork and achievement have proved that Nigerian women are the greatest capable of doing not only what men can do but doing it Better..

Sign Below

https://www.change.org/p/yale-university-ignore-the-call-for-stripping-dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-of-the-doctorate-of-humane-letters-presented-to-her-on-monday-may-18-2015-during-yale-s-commencement-ceremony-in-new-haven-connecticut-alongside-eight-others
Just like telling me 2 support broad daylight robbery. tufiakwa. Okonjo ni iweala ko!
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Mbkite(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Sometimes I wonder, if working harder, smarter and faster won't solve my career problems, what will?
__and my hubby would say, 'barbie, at a point in your career: it moves from what you know to WHO YOU KNOW'.

He is at that point. The significant problem he is facing now cannot be changed by the same level of reasoning that created them.

No amount of hardwork and miracle would get him his desired want/promotion .
As is pertinent in any Government controlled agency/organization...wareva grin, he needs to 'asslick', i.e he needs a godfather(mother).

Find one Oga at the top and start famzing...
It doesn't remove any letter from your surname @complainant.

In a nutshell change formation...if 4-4-2 isn't working ...try 4-3-3. cheesy

You hv written well. Pls, kindly remove the part where you included "miracle"
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by emex50: 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
He needs a serious deliverance from a powerful man of God
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by tete7000(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2015
Those promoted, what are they doing differently? You need to find out first. Be close to one of them and ask questions. It is only then you can know what you are not doing that others are doing well.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by thecommunist(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2015
because he is a NIGERIAN POLICEMAN, i cannot and will not give any good advice to him....even if i have. they are just crass, arrogantly ignorant, and wicked. i have been quite unfortunate to bear the brunt of their brutality in the past.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by pomporiking: 12:13pm On May 23, 2015
Do you know of any witches in your family
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Biscute(f): 12:26pm On May 23, 2015
My friend you know where to lodge your complaint as a senior police officer .. Stop disgracimg the force.. Go and find out what is wrong with your files .. very simple go to luis Edet house and your problem will be solved or you qute out of service and look for another job..
Dont expect Mr president elect to step so low to come and treat your case which a constable in force headquarter can handle...
take note
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 23, 2015
if he is not a graduate, I think promotion will stop at a particular level. Judging with the civil service, He should go read Public Service rules
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by mechanics(m): 12:36pm On May 23, 2015
Dont give up, u need to draw closer to God n pray always.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by mechanics(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2015
VenusBetty:
if he is not a graduate, I think promotion will stop at a particular level. Judging with the civil service, He should go read Public Service rules
u ar rite.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by femi4: 12:40pm On May 23, 2015
Ishilove:
I received an email from a Nairalander who doesn't want his identity revealed because he is still an active member of the Nigerian Police Force. He needs advice on how to pursue his promotion.

Below is the message. Names and numbers have been removed to protect their privacy:

"Pls hide my I'd to avoid dismissal. I joined Nigeria police force on 1 May 2000 as a cadet Inspector and by today am 16 years on this Job.and I've been promoted once only to ASP. I've never been queried nor found wanting on my Job. By today my mates are DSP's but I keep asking if this is right. This complaint involve 120 out of 214 recruited on 1 may 2000. People from course 35/2000. Cadet inspectors and we have complained to the police force secretary through his PA, DSP **** with phone no 0816******* for ur confirmation. who is our courses mate but no help.

Personally those promoted are not better than me both in Acedemy results and field work, I can provide all infor u may need about this but we course 35/2000 cadet inspectors and only me standing for all of them that are denied our rightful promotion is begging General Buhari to help us to restore our rightful promotion date. Pls help me."

So Nairalanders, what do you suggest?
Every time, na only you dey receive mail from Nl member? Watching you in HD
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by noblegrex: 12:42pm On May 23, 2015
topblazetk:

No oda work!! U wnt to die a police??
give him another work and see if he'll refuse it or better still give a good offer and see if he's going to remain a police man
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Beface(m): 12:48pm On May 23, 2015
You should learn from the current Inspector General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase who enter the Police force as a cadet ASP in 1981 and as at 2002 was still Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP). Meaning he got only 4 promotions in 21 years in service. So he was having 14 more years to retire (2016),within that 14 years he got 6 promotions that got him to where he is now. You have to be patience and be diligent in your work and with time you will definitely smile.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by charlesucheh(m): 12:49pm On May 23, 2015
Still playing the good corp? Bros you know how the system works, do what you have to do and your promotion will be smilling at you. Like you said,those being promoted aren't better than you, but they all SOJI'eD and are flexing their heavy shoulders. If you want you can take the good part but just look below:
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by charlesucheh(m): 12:52pm On May 23, 2015
Still playing the good corp? Bros you know how the system works, do what you have to do and your promotion will be smilling at you. Like you said,those being promoted aren't better than you, but they all SOJI'eD and are flexing their heavy shoulders. If you want you can take the good path but just look below:

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Ezebinaugwu(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2015
Ishilove:
I received an email from a Nairalander who doesn't want his identity revealed because he is still an active member of the Nigerian Police Force. He needs advice on how to pursue his promotion.

Below is the message. Names and numbers have been removed to protect their privacy:

"Pls hide my I'd to avoid dismissal. I joined Nigeria police force on 1 May 2000 as a cadet Inspector and by today am 16 years on this Job.and I've been promoted once only to ASP. I've never been queried nor found wanting on my Job. By today my mates are DSP's but I keep asking if this is right. This complaint involve 120 out of 214 recruited on 1 may 2000. People from course 35/2000. Cadet inspectors and we have complained to the police force secretary through his PA, DSP **** with phone no 0816******* for ur confirmation. who is our courses mate but no help.

Personally those promoted are not better than me both in Acedemy results and field work, I can provide all infor u may need about this but we course 35/2000 cadet inspectors and only me standing for all of them that are denied our rightful promotion is begging General Buhari to help us to restore our rightful promotion date. Pls help me."

So Nairalanders, what do you suggest?

Bros how can you be promoted? When you have been swimming in BRIBERY AND CORUPPTION . See if you stop collecting bribe promotion will come tell your colleagues
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by philGeo(m): 1:08pm On May 23, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

Sign Below

How much they pay you?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by eleko1: 1:09pm On May 23, 2015
Corrupt tip.U dnt need all dis to RISE.DO UR work accordingly,in due season,Ur lifting/mecy gonna locate U not a short cut.I believe he won't be stranded.
Phinity318:
I would advice u visit the police service commission, go to the open registry, find someone who can have asses to ur file, giv him a tip, maybe some required document for ur promotion is missing or deliberately removed, in both cases make photocopies and re-add them , when its time for ur promotion exercise trace back to the commission and find someone to help u follow up , a messenger, typist or a p.a will do with a tip .ur promotion is sure....mind u this tip am giving is a sure banker cos having served in the service commission , a lot of internal politics. Case of missing file, hidden file and or file not getting to commission for promotion seating when its needs to is a rear case of the service anomaly.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 23, 2015
The walking corpse prolly.... doesnt have any form of degree nor has he added value to himself.... just another dummy waiting to be slaughtered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos) / Plant Sciencists And Biotechnologists, Wat Career Opportunity Do Dey Ave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.