Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,142 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal (3558 Views)

My Dad Just Disowned My Elder Brother! / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal by Enoquin(f): 7:56pm On May 26, 2015
cococandy:
First of all,she needs counseling. As a matter of urgency. Pls help her get it if possible.
Losing a child especially when she's wanted it for so long can be very traumatizing. I don't need to experience that to know it. I can almost feel her pain. Pls seek professional help on her behalf.

On a general note, this is why it is not good to expect so much from life. It helps when one has at the bottom of their consciousness that anything can happen to anyone. All those notions "I was a Virgin, why am I suffering this while the randy girl is having it easy": is just us thinking we deserve to be rewarded for something we think we've done right and then when it doesn't come, we begin to feel something somewhere is punishing us.

Life can be random like that. It does not mean she's created to feel pain. Pls tell her to remove that line from her mind.

Gbam for the second part of your post.

OP: Let her go for a one week holiday either with a family member or friend. There aregood spots in Nigeria she could visit and recuperate. During, the holiday, the hubby when calling or texting should not dwell on their sorrows or negativity but focus on their strengths spiced with heavy flirting. If possible, the one week can be carefully planned by the hubby to be the week before the 'heat' period lipsrsealed.
After that, the hubby must ask her for what she plans to do about the matter, fertility clinics, faith clinics etc...that would at least take her mind off her predicament as she will be focused on a solution

During my IT, I became friends with an elderly female staff. She was always so nice. One day, we talked deeply, this was around 2006. She married her hubby in 2002 as a virgin after they had courted 4 years. When I mean virgin, I don't mean all these pako virgin, that only 'non penetratio.n' except every other thing is their achievement.
The church was strict on courtship and so they had a chaperon on every visit; the most they ever went was a peck on the cheek in the presence of the chaperon.
BUT during discussions, she asked the fiance then, what would happen if they didn't have children (That's one advise I took from her, to ask that pertinent question); the husband replied with; "To some God gives children but no wealth, to some wealth but no children, to some both. Whatever happens, I married you for you"

I kept in touch, all through the years nothing, prayed about her even had dreams. Of course, I do not know if she had miscarriages along the way or if nothing. Late 2013, she delivered a girl.

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal by shalomp: 3:18pm On May 27, 2015
She can adopt too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transgender Woman Sent Back To Male Prison Despite Appeal / Women Pray For Their Spouse But The Men Send Theirs Packing When Caught Cheating / Enugu Govt. Denies Report On Alleged Stoppage Of Issuance Of Birth Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.