Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Shattered Glass - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64909 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2015
Nyc kip updating,i dont want audio
I prefer the writin mznelly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by sparcolette: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
Following
Ur doing great with ds story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Annstar(f): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
mznelly
WHERE ART THOU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by daxlasaint(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
MzNelly plsssssssss na, abeg na.... this suspense is killing moi... biko let us have more.... na beg I dey o!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by dherbee: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
UPDATE Z WAT I NEED
Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2015

Eniqurl check this out. You would love it. smiley wink
Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 1:36am On Oct 01, 2015
kinglekan:
I love the story die cheesy
Nice write up MzNelly smiley

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 1:36am On Oct 01, 2015
kinglekan:
I love the story die cheesy
Nice write up MzNelly smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 01, 2015
"Monica!" The confused man called out as she threw the last of his luggage at him. What was wrong with her, he pondered. What happened all of a sudden to his loving and caring Monica?
"Leave my house, Frank" She commanded, sternly.
"Monica, what's going on with you? Did I do anything wrong?"
"Yes....you were born. Now leave! Before I'm forced to do something silly"
Frank slowly picked up his luggage.
"Is this because of the news? I heard the Yemi's have found their son"
Monica rolled her eyes.
"Monica, are you leaving me because of that spoilt brat? Haven't I done more than enough for you?"
"Well....he has more money. I can't enter this country and leave poorer than I came. Doye was madly in love with me. I bet he still has. I just have to win back his heart."
"But what about me, Moni? What about us?"
"Urgh, leave already! We're done, it's over!"
"Monica please-" She left him on the porch and entered the house, shutting the door behind her.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 01, 2015
daxlasaint:
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
Mz.Nelly plsssssssss na, abeg na.... this suspense is killing moi... biko let us have more.... na beg I dey o!!!

Lol

I'm sorry

I'm here now tho....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Pukka36(f): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol

I'm sorry

I'm here now tho....
Too short Ma'am....More like a teasecrycry

Happy New Month anywayscheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 01, 2015
Vosa giggled like a 2year old infant.
"So he tie you for chair dey do you yama yama thing?" She laughed again.
"Don't be disgusting, Vosa. He did no such thing."
Vosa punched her playfully.
"You fit leave the ashewo, but the ashewo no fit leave you" Biebi slapped her back.
"Shut up jhoor. It wasn't sexual"
"The kiss nko?" And she mouthed at her.
"Get away. You think I'm like you and Richard, ba?" Vosa mellowed and looked down, wistfully.
Biebi smiled. Finally, she would give her a moment of peace.

"Biebi, I no like am...I no like wetin you dey do" Biebi laughed.
"Because of you now, im father don disown am." Biebi hit her again, she hit her back.
"No be my fault, Biebi"
"Then whose fault, yeye ashewo?" The knock on the door interrupted the two girls. Vosa stood up from where she sat and went to the door. She opened to reveal an angry scowl on Richard's face, his luggage in one hand.
"Richard?" He pushed his way forward.
"Where you dey go?"
"Where would you have me stay, oh home wrecker?"
"So because of that one, you go juss barge inside like say you own the place?"
"Vosa, move"
"Haba. On top my own house again"
Biebi stood up, amused.
"I think I'll leave you two alone." She left the house.

"And who is she?" Richard asked, eyeing her behind.
"Heyyy!" She poked his head. "She has a boyfriend."
"Is that what I asked? What? Jealous?" Vosa hissed.
"Leave my house"
"Our house, you mean. Where'd you want me to stay?"
"Then talk am nicely" Richard sighed, getting annoyed.
"Let me in, you crazy woman" Vosa folded her hands, waiting.
"'Please' dey hard you to talk?"
"Please...." He pronounced reluctantly. "Let me in." She stepped back and let him in.
"See the house I'm begging to enter" He commented dryly.
"Spoilt brat"
"Crazy woman" He took his luggage and headed to one of the rooms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by daxlasaint(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol

I'm sorry

I'm here now tho....

Hallelujah! grin
Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
Richard and Vosa now cheesy
Weldone MzNelly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Annstar(f): 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
Now u are talking smileysmileysmiley
Re: Shattered Glass by Pukka36(f): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lol,this update funny gan!

Itfreda,come here biko.
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
Pukka36:
Lol,this update funny gan!

Itfreda,come here biko.
tenlks MA..following#
Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2015
Mznelly update na pls
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
cutieberie1:
Mznelly update na pls

Gimme some minutes please smiley

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Doye looked around, hardly believing this was his life. He strolled leisurely in his suit as his parents showed him around his office building. Each employee stood up and greeted him, slightly bowing. He was both astonished and pleased. This was his life!
He was a lawyer. The lawyer of the biggest firm in the country! He chuckled, drawing attention from his mother.
"Doye?" She inquired, questioningly.
"Mom, is this really my life?" She smiled. It wasn't the first time he had asked her that, but she wouldn't mind answering it for the next fifty times he asked. What mattered was that she had her son-right in front of her. God was indeed good.

"Yes, my dear. It's a pity you don't remember all this. You were a good lawyer. The best there was. There was never a case you lost. Not one!" Doye chuckled again.
"Well....show me to my office then. Let me start work immediately....if I can figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do."
"That's what your P.A is for. Rachel?" The slender, pretty lady with nerdish glasses stepped forward with a file.
"Yes Ma'am?"
"Your boss is back. You know what to do-show him the ropes"
"This way, Sir" She said as she led him to his luxuriant office. "Your Law degree came from the prestigious University of Chicago School of Law." She explained to him as they entered his office.
"Wow!" He exclaimed, more at the office than at his qualification. He marvelled at the expanse of the office, the effort put into every detail and the syndicate arrangement of each file. He sat down on the revolving chair and adjusted his tie.
Rachel smiled at him as butterflies in her tummy swelled. For six years, she had devoted her time and love to this man. Now, he was back. With no girlfriend in the way(her biggest obstacle) and an even more handsome face, her chances were pretty big.
"Rachel, give me a moment with my parents, would you?"
"Okay then. I'll give you an update later." She left.

His parents sat, facing him, whilst beaming at their only beloved son.
"You still don't remember?" His Mom inquired. Doye shook his head.
"But maybe it's best this way. I know the basic things and I don't need to remember anything else. Plus... I've found something,...or someone that's worth keeping."
"Not that Monica girl" His father groaned.
"No, Dad. It's someone different, she's special" He smiled, madly in love. He hadn't even told her how he felt, nor asked her to be his girlfriend; but the feelings were beyond control. He loved her to pieces, every goddamned thing about her he loved and cherished. She was the woman he saw himself married to, the woman he saw birthing his kids.
"Dad, I'm in love with this incredible lady. You have to meet her. She's amazing." His father smiled at the pure joy in his son's eyes.
"Who is she?" His Dad asked.
"Her name is Biebi. Obiebi. It means 'Beautiful'. Inside and out."
Rachel barged in, announcing someone's visit. Hardly had she finished when Monica walked in.

"Doye!" She smiled, expectantly.
"Monique?" He asked, confused.
"Monica."
"What is this witch looking for in here?" Mrs. Yemi asked, angrily.
"I could call security." Rachel offered.
"Get out of here, you little slût." She turned her attention to Doye the minute she left. "We need to talk, Doye."
"What about?"
"We need to talk alone."
"No o, I won't let you poison the mind of my son any longer."
"Poison?" She laughed throatily. "It might interest you to know that you have a grandson"
"Ehn?" Mr and Mrs. Yemi both looked at her in shock.
"Doye" His Mom asked. "Doye, is it true?"
Doye looked shocked too.
"I...I don't know."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by daxlasaint(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
MzNelly:
Doye looked around, hardly believing this was his life. He strolled leisurely in his suit as his parents showed him around his office building. Each employee stood up and greeted him, slightly bowing. He was both astonished and pleased. This was his life!
He was a lawyer. The lawyer of the biggest firm in the country! He chuckled, drawing attention from his mother.
"Mom, is this really my life?" She smiled. It wasn't the first time he had asked her that, but she wouldn't mind answering it for the next fifty times he asked. What mattered was that she had her son-right in front of her. God was indeed good.

"Yes, my dear. It's a pity you don't remember all this. You were a good lawyer. The best there was. There was never a case you lost. Not one!" Doye chuckled again.
"Well....show me to my office then. Let me start work immediately....if I can figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do."
"That's what your P.A is for. Rachel?" The slender, pretty lady with nerdish glasses stepped forward with a file.
"Yes Ma'am?"
"This way, Sir" She said as she led him to his luxuriant office. "Your Law degree came from the prestigious University of Chicago School of Law." She explained to him as they entered his office.
"Wow!" He exclaimed, more at the office than at his qualification. He marvelled at the expanse of the office, the effort put into every detail and the syndicate arrangement of each file. He sat down on the revolving chair and adjusted his tie.
Rachel smiled at him as butterflies in her tummy swelled. For six years, she had devoted her time and love to this man. Now, he was back. With no girlfriend in the way(her biggest obstacle) and an even more handsome face, her chances were pretty big.

"But maybe it's best this way. I know the basic things and I don't need to remember anything else. Plus... I've found something,...or someone that's worth keeping."
"No, Dad. It's someone different, she's special" He smiled, madly in love. He hadn't even told her how he felt, nor asked her to be his girlfriend; but the feelings were beyond control. He loved her to pieces, every goddamned thing about her he loved and cherished. She was the woman he saw himself married to, the woman he saw birthing his kids.
"Dad, I'm in love with this incredible lady. You have to meet her. She's amazing." His father smiled at the pure joy in his son's eyes.
Rachel barged in, announcing someone's visit. Hardly had she finished when Monica walked in.

"Monica."
"Get out of here, you little slût." She turned her attention to Doye the minute she left. "We need to talk, Doye."
"What about?"
"We need to talk alone."
"Poison?" She laughed throatily. "It might interest you to know that you have a grandson"
Doye looked shocked too.
"I...I don't know."

Ghen Ghen! And the plot just took a new twist...
Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Thanks fr d update MzNelly smiley
Following u like Twitter cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Missmossy(f): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
Ghen ghen a new turn of events, keep it coming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Zeeenas(f): 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
New twist nd turns. Richard et vosa nd Doye is a dad. More idea 2 ur memory Mznelly
Re: Shattered Glass by faith551(m): 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
MzNelly:

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Monica."
"What about?"
"We need to talk alone."
Doye looked shocked too.
"I...I don't know."

Wow! Just wow!!!!
Re: Shattered Glass by dpete1: 10:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Dis z becoming more cute

at least,i shuld say
Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
Mznelly o,dis suspense z too much
Try uploading as soon as u can
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
Cutieberie1 and others, I'll be updating in the next 1 hour or more.

Some issues will come up and there will be certain....turning points.

Stay tuned and whatever you do, DO NOT MISS IT!

Because it will be synonymous to missing heaven grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Vosa hurriedly hopped put of the car, holding her grocery bag under her arm and fishing for the money in her wallet hurriedly. She threw the #100 at the driver and spat out some abusive words.
"No be me you go kill" She murmured as she walked away. "Old people wey life don already finish kpata kpata go dey find 'youngies' like us wey dem go use join body; go dey drive like mad man" She hissed and continued walking towards her house, stumping her boots impatiently at the stones on the pathway.
"Vosa! Vosa o!" She stopped and turned to see who called her name.

"Bolu?" She whispred, unsure.
"Na me nau" The tiny girl in a long black dress and oversized handbag responded. Vosa eyed her over.
"You go burial?" She scrutinized the girl's face, noting she had become incredibly skinny, since the last time they saw. She noticed her weave had lasted for longer than two months, her lips were parched and she looked hungry, or so Vosa thought.
Vosa was jolted out of her thoughts with a screechy laughter.
"Vosa, you no dey ever change o. I juss come from church nau." It was Vosa's turn to laugh. She imagined Bolu seated calmly in a pew, praying fervently to the Holy Virgin. Bolu, the only ashewo in Tropical Hotel who was down for doggie, blowjôbs, 69 and all else, IN CHURCH?
She stood akimbo and looked her over again.
"Church? Bolu, wetin you go find for church? You miss road?" Bolu made a shooing gesture with her hand.
"My sister, life no easy o. You know when last I don geh customer for that useless hotel. E don tey o." She clicked her fingers to signify the length of time.
"So wetin join church with this one now?" Vosa asked, amused.
"My sister, I don dey old nau. You no see me? See my hair." She patted her worn-out weave. "See as I dey look like say AIDS don hook me. I no remember the last time when I chop better food. I gats find husband nau. I don old finish" Vosa shook her head, still smiling.
"After you don fvck all the boys for this area, you want make one of them wife you up? Shey you get sense so? Na why you come see me?"
Bolu eyed her, upset with her comment.
"You nko? Na only me be ashi? I know say na because of Chief Benson and im person na in you no dey come work again"
"Bolu?"
"Wetin?"
"Why you come my house?" Vosa asked, not in the mood to discuss that topic.
"Eh hen." She fished in her handbag and got out a business card, handing it to the skeptical Vosa for scrutiny.
"Mr. Tim Reed. CEO of Reeds & Motors. So?" She asked her, looking up.
"Im talk say im wan see Biebi. He always dey come dey ask for her. E be like say im dey interested. And na white man o. So make she call am, go meet am.."
"Biebi don stop all this yeye work too nau"
"I no know if that na wetin im wan talk. All im tell me say Biebi don do....small thing for am before for the hotel and e wan see her sha."
"E give you money, abi? Cos I know say you no fit do this own on your own" Bolu smiled sheepishly and adjusted her handbag.
"Just tell her to call sha. So im go double my money"
"I be her mama? If she no wan call, wetin consign me?"
"Abeg o, Vosa"
"Later jare" Vosa turned to go inside, pocketing the card in her jeans. She opened the door and dropped the purchase she had made at the market at the dining.

Richard stepped out, naked to the waist. He had only a jean on and was holding a plate of 'dodo'(fried plantain)
"So you're finally back, eh?" He asked, sarcastically. She stared at his abs and arranged the dining absent mindedly.
"Oh..." He smiled, staring at his abs. "Are you only used to my Dad's pot belly?"
"Shut up!" She retorted angrily.
"I should shut up? You put me in this condition and you have the nerve to talk?!" She picked up the nylon and headed to the kitchen.
"Shey na pig you be?" She asked, staring at the used, oily pans. "You no sabi wash?"
"Well...." He answered, munching on a piece of plantain. "In my house where I'm supposed to be right now-if not for a particular somebody-we have maids who do that..."
"Wetin come concern me?"
"All this is your fault, Vosa!"
"So as you don talk am over hundred times now, wetin don happen? Anything change?"
He dropped the plate on the cooker and left the kitchen. She followed suit and found him seated on a couch, pondering meditatively.

"I fit talk to your papa" She offered.
"No." He sighed. "He thinks I can't do without him. He's probably right." She sat down, facing him.
"No dey talk nonsense. You see me so. I bin get papa, mama, with two boys before. They come get accident one time like that. Only me remain. My papa bin get money o, forget. But some mumu mumu relatives dem come collect the whole thing. I juss...have to struggle for myself." Richard smiled appreciatively.
"Who would've thought-Vosa, a motivational speaker?"
"I no know wetin you dey talk. My own be say make you find something wey you fit dey do with your hand?"
"I'm an excellent illustrator. I can draw. I'm an artist"
"Na una dey draw all those yama yama thing way person no fit understand?" Richard chuckled and stood up.
"Art....is not meant to be understood. It's drawn to be felt. How you feel when you see that painting is what matters."
"Hmmn..." Vosa stood up too. "Well...you fit get loan for your bank nau"
His eyes lit up as he hadn't thought about that yet
"Vosa! That's a GREAT idea! How come I didn't even think of that? Of course, they'll give me a loan.... I'm still Chief Benson's son, afterall. Thank you"
"Issokay." He picked up a shirt from the arm of the cushion and put it on.
"And by the way Vosa, I didn't mean it when I said I would've slept with you in your drunk state. I said it out of spite. Even if I knew the consequences ahead of time, I would never take advantage of you." Vosa's heart swelled and she secretly wondered why.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nyc work try uploadin more o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Doye paced up and down his house, his hands in his pocket. He kept glancing at his wristwatch at intervals. What was taking her so long? She was supposed to be here any minute. Then he would ask her out, to be his girlfriend, the woman of his dreams, his everything. His heart beat quickened rapidly. He was nervous. He wasn't sure he'd done something this before, but he knew this was quite special.
The door bell rung and he hurried to get it. It was Biebi and it was time.

"Doye?" Monica asked curiously, as she saw the look of disappointment on his face. She pushed him aside and dragged her luggage inside. "Expecting someone else?"
"What are you doing here?" He asked as he shut the door.
"I'm here to stay with my baby daddy. What does it look like?"
"I thought we agreed to save all these until I saw your alleged son"
" Our son." She stated, emphatically. "And he's not just alleged. I already called my Mom and asked her to bring him down from Cameroon. He'll be here next week"
Doye sighed, exasperated.
"Monica, listen to me. I don't know what you meant to me in the past, but what I know right now is I'm in love with someone else- Besides, you broke up with me. And we're supposed to have a child together?" She shrugged non-chalantly.
"It was a minor argument. You weren't giving me any attention..."
Doye ignored her to go get the door. Monica followed him, quick at her heels.
"Biebi-" The smile on Biebi's face vanished on seeing Monica.
"Um..."
"Baby mama and future wifey here" Monica outstretched a hand to Biebi.
"Um...Doye, you have a child?"
"A cute little boy." Monica grinned. "Oh...you're the side distraction he's been talking about? Aw, that's sweet. Well, you don't need to bother anymore. Monica's here. I'm Monica, by the way."
"Monica please-" Doye implored.
"Okay. I'll leave you guys alone then" She walked away.
"Biebi, um...just let me explain..."
"No, you don't owe me an explanation. I'm nothing to you.
"No, Biebi, you're...."
"Have fun with your future wife" She turned to leave, heartbroken.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Monica LA bad market

Weldone MzNelly smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / >>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.