Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Shattered Glass - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered Glass (64176 Views)

Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story. / Shattered Dream (episode 1) / Unveiling The Truth(shattered Heart) - By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 6:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Dis monica is annoyin

3 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by Zeeenas(f): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2015
Wat memory loss've joined 2geda(doye et biebi) let no monica put assunder. Nice work MzNelly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2015
cutieberie1:
Nyc work try uploadin more o

Relax naa, u just dey shout upload more, more. Its really not that easy you know. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2015

This Monica is a Biatch sad angry angry

What I don't seem to get is how she was pregnant for doye and his parents never got to know for over 9months, nor did doye know even while they were dating. Quite sure he didn't spend 9months in the hospital.

Waiting for the twist and the actual plot. @Mznelly. grin

Nice one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by cutieberie1(f): 12:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
kinglekan:

Relax naa, u just dey shout upload more, more. Its really not that easy you know. smiley

I nor shout ur name na..i kw its nt easy dts y i told ha to try
Mznelly shout out 2 u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Norenal(f): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
In as much as I feel bad 4 Biebi, I blv she's bin stupid if she lets dz shit n dat baitch kum in btw her n Doye...
she no get worse n dirty secret ni?
gal shud jst chillas n use d moment 2 tell her own secret so dy wud both heal slowly 2geda

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
"So na that thing come dey pain you?" Vosa asked, semi annoyed after Biebi had narrated her ordeal at Doye's house. Biebi kept mute, still pondering over the beauty of Monica. Head to toe, she was gorgeous. And she could in no way compare to her. She was, fair, tall and had the face of a goddess. While she, on the other hand, a common ex-prostitute.
"I see why they're getting married." Biebi breathed, sadly.
"But why you no give him chance to talk nau, Biebi?"
"Cos I didn't want him to break my heart even further." She sniffled. Vosa wrapped an arm around her shoulders and comforted her.
"Wetin you feel? You think say im like you abi that other girl?" Biebi shrugged.
"She has everything I don't. Besides, I'm not anything to him. I'm not even his girlfriend." Vosa sighed.
"So wetin dey your mind?"
"Just forget about him. I have to. I have to move on with my life. Get on with my fashion designing. Do something"
"Hmmn. Okay o, if you say so, Biebi. But I still feel make you go talk to am. If I don see am before, I go know whether im like you or not." Biebi chuckled, in spite of herself.
"Have you figured out whether Richard likes you or not? So what are you saying?" Vosa hissed and got up from where she was sitting.
"See person I dey try help sef" She stood up and wiped imaginary dust from her behind. She picked up the card Bolu had left and handed it to Biebi.
"That ashawo girl, Bolu... She say make I give you this one"

Biebi looked the card over severally.
"Tim Reed?"
"Na the same Tim Reed?" Vosa asked.
Biebi nodded.
"Yeah, Tim Reed of Reeds & Motors."
"Hmmn" Vosa sighed and sat down. They both meditated deeply on this important personality who'd shown up in Biebi's life some years back.

Biebi remembered that night vividly. She had run to Vosa, asking for help because her sister was admitted in the hospital. Vosa proffered the only solution she knew best-prostitution. Biebi's first customer was 'the oyinbo man.' She kept fidgeting and crying that he refused to have anything to do with her, especially after finding out she was a virgin. He had tried to calm her down, tried to get her to talk about what was bothering her because he felt she wasn't cut out for what she was doing, but she declined talking about it. Eventually, he handed her some money; still she declined, insisting that she hadn't 'earned' it. She remembered Vosa yanking her ear painfully, when she had told her she rejected his offer.
Tim Reed left the hotel, wowed by her and promised to help her out of her predicament. However, time was not on Biebi's side; her sister was dying and she needed some money. The next evening, she was paired with a rich, fat Alhaji. He wasn't so gentle and pounced on her when he was told she was still a virgin.
Bleeding and sobbing silently, she kept still as he ravaged her mercilessly. Afterward, he dropped the sum of #200,000, patted her on the thigh and left. For the next few months, he became her regular customer and she struggled to put up with him, while avoiding Tim Reed whenever he came.
She felt dirty, used and not worthy of anything good.

Now he was back again, she wondered what he wanted. Didn't Bolu tell him about her past? What did he really want from her?
"You go call am?" Vosa interrupted her thoughts.
Richard walked in at that moment, his hands filled with grocery bags.
Vosa stood up immediately.

"Wetin you buy?" She asked, inspecting the bags.
"Brushes, board, pallettes-help me, would you?" She took some bags from him and transferred them to his bedroom. He immediately began setting them up.
"They give you the loan?" Richard nodded.
"When you go return am?"
"After a year."
"How much you collect?" He stared at her. She shrugged, innocently.
"What?"
"I collected how much I needed. Now go and keep your friend company"
"You still dey vex?"
"Vosa, I'm busy." She hissed and walked out.

"He draws?" Biebi asked Vosa as she walked back in.
"Yes"
"Who dey buy drawing for Naija?" Vosa shrugged.
"No be wetin im sabi im go do?"
"Anyway..." Biebi stood up. "I'll be leaving now. I'll get back to you when I reach him"
"Who?"
"Tim Reed, of course."

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
Doye could barely concentrate as he scribbled down some words on the file before him, absentmindedly. He thought about Biebi; her pretty face shining brillianty in thr sunlight. He knew he would give the would to be with her. He knew she meant that much and even more.
He sighed and tore up the paper containing his jumnled thoughts. Reluctantly, his thoughts shifted to Monica. Was she being honest? She did seem certain of every word she uttered., a son? Well, he had to confirm from his parents. It was impossible that she was pregnant and they knew absolutely nothing. They had to know something.
He barely heard his P.A come in to announce the arrival of his parents. He murmured approvingky and they were ushered in.

"Abidoye?" He looked up, tiredly. The visible bags unders his ehes confirmed his Mom's fears-he wasn't having enough sleep.
"Good day Mom, Dad" His Dad nodded and they both waited for the answer to his Mom's question.
"I've had a rough night-day....life" He concluded, scratching his hair, irritated.
"I know that Monica is giving you a lot of worries" His Dad stated, matter-of-factly.
"Even worseBiebi wants nothing more to do with me. She doesn't pick up her calls and won't even let me explain." His parents looked dazed.
"Biebi?" They chorused.
"Yes, Biebi. The girl I told you about; the girl I said I was interested in."
"Oh" His father smiled, remembering,
"She knows about Monica?"
"Yes Mom. I'm so confused-And a little frustrated"
"Well,I don't know much about her" His Mom replied, skeptically. "I hope she isn't another foreigner" Doye chuckled.
"No, she's a Nigerian. Her name means 'Beautiful'"
"Let us sort out this issue of Monica before dragging someone else in" His Dad offered. Doye sighed.

"Actually Dad, I've been thinking about it. And, you know...I was wondering; Monica said she was pregnant with my child. And since you guys were aware of our relationship, how come you didn't know anything about the pregnancy?" Mr. and Mrs. Yemi shifted uneasily in their seats.
"You see, Son..." His Father cleared his throat, severally. "There's something we haven't told you"
"Yes," His Mom added. "We were hoping you would gain back your memory and we would be saved the discomfort of reliving such experience."
Doye wondered at the mystery of their words.
"Dad, Mom... I think the main reason I haven't regained my memory is simply because I don't want to. I'm happy this way... I think. So tell me whatever it is and let's get it over with."
Mrs. Yemi broke down in tears.
"We cringe whenever we remember what happened two years back." His Dad explained. "We disowned you, we disowned you son. When you brought that Monica girl and insisted on marrying her, we severally warned you against it, saying she was up to no good. But you insisted, so we cut off all ties.
Up until recent when we started searching for you to beg for your forgiveness. We asked Monica, but she said it was over between the both of you.
However, on our insistence, she led us to the house you both lived. We wanted to plead that you forgive us for turning our backs on you and that we were ready to accept you wholeheartedly; but you'd already forgotten everything. So that's why...if Monica is lying or being honest about having your child or not, we can't say.
We're honestly sorry, son"
Doye watched the both of them, struggling with his emotions. He didn't want to be mad at them, but he couldn't help himself. They disowned him, just like that?

2 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Bolu stood before Mr. Tim shyly. She looked down at her feet and rubbed her sweaty palms. Her mind going over their recent agreement; he had promised her a sum of #100,000 if she contacted Biebi and an additional #200,000 if Biebi got in contact with him. He had given her #150,000 when she told him she had reached Biebi, now she was....
"Boh-lu, your request is preposterous. I told you specifically, I won't give you another dime unless I hear from Bee-Bee" He closed the file before him and lighted another cigar. She eyed him from the corner of her eye, seething. If she hadn't spent that whooping sum shopping, she wouldn't be here smearing her dignity all over the place. She smiled as she thought of dignity.
She, who was ready to be Mr. Tim's sex slave just so he could forget about that Biebi and spend all his dollars on her.
"But she'll contact you, Sir. I swear on my mother's..." He raised his hand to stop her false swearing.
"No need, Boh-lu. You'll hear from me when-" Ikenna, his P.A walked in, announcing the presence of a client. Tim got up and adjusted his suit.
"I'm sorry, but I'll have to dismiss you now, Boh-" His words got caught in his mouth as Biebi walked in, looking as radiant as ever. He stared at her, mesmerized; his heart rate tripled instantaneously. Bolu stared at the cause of the distraction and was filled with mixed feelings as she saw Biebi.
"The bîtch" She cursed, under her breath.

"I'll send in the money, later, Boh-lu" He dismissed her with a wave of the hand. She left, not even once glancing at Biebi. Biebi ignored her and walked straight into Tim's posh office. She stood before him, reminiscing all that had happened between them. She noticed how he stared at her, exactly the way he stared at her some years back-awed.
She didn't want to be distracted. She just wanted to know what he wanted and leave.
"Ahem" She cleared her throat. "You...wanted to see me"
"Oh yes..." He said immediately, snapping out of his reverie.
"Well, I'm here now"
"Have a seat please." He smiled at her, motioning to the seat before her. She sat down and crossed her legs.
"It's been a while" He remarked.
"Yeah...that's true" She commented, flippantly.
"Tea? Coffee? Wine?"
"Please...Mr. Reed, I want to know why you want to see me after so long. You know...who I am, what I do. What do you want from me? I'm no longer into the business, by the way, so-" He smiled. Biebi noticed he had a charming smile.

"That's good."
"What?"
"I didn't call you for that, Bee-Bee. You see, I haven't been able to get you out of my mind since then" Biebi stared at him, surprised.
"Bee-Bee, I want to get to know. I mean, really know you. Your likes, dislikes, aspirations, goals, everything! I want to be your friend, confidante, everything. Cos I-" And he looked down like a shy school boy when he said this. "I really like you Bee-Bee"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
"What? Monica, no! s'il vous plaît ne prenez pas cette" She pleaded further, in French.
"Oh Mother, please" Monica clicked her tongue, annoyed. "Some minutes ago, you were complaining about the boy, I ask you to send him over and now you're pleading?" She transferred the phone to her left ear and rolled her eyes. She wasn't interested in her Mother's long speeches. She just wanted her son-the ticket to Doye's life...forever.

"Monica? Monica? Yes, the boy makes me upset and drives me nuts, but I love him. I love him so much, Monica and you know it! Besides...besides, if you take him away, his father will be furious. Albert will be upset with you for taking away his son..."
"Mother! Don't bore me with your stories. He is my son and I've always been in charge of anything concerning him. Albert is just a poor, useless nobody with no future in sight. I won't remain poor forever, okay? I'll send you some money; get my Money ticket ready and get him on the next available flight..."
"Monica, I won't send him away!" Monica stiffened for a moment. This woman dare not mess with her plans.
"If you won't send Trèvor, I'll cease sending you any further stipend. You will die in penury, old woman and no one will be there to bury your rotting carcass" The voice at the other end paused and Monica smiled, knowing she had hit her where it hurts.
"How dare you?! How dare you Monica?!"
"Send him on the next available flight to Lagos. If you don't, you will regret it for the rest of your life"
And she hung up, rest assured she would send down Trèvor in the next 24 hours.

Doye walked in, almost immediately.
"Oh, you're home early!" Monica walked up to him, beaming. She took his suit case and attempted to remove his suit. He stopped her.
"What's wrong, dearest?"
"My parents told me...everything" She smiled, secretively.
"You mean the part where they disowned you and abandoned us and their grandchild."
"Listen, whether or not we have a son, a lot of things have changed. I have someone else I'm intrerested in. So I may care for him, but... I love her"
"Seriously, Doye? You feel no shame in saying that?" Doye rubbed his head, frustrated.

"Monica... Tell me the truth, do we have a son?" She chuckled lightly.
"This is honestly so sad. That you can't remember that I birthed your child-Trèvor. What kind of a father are you anyway? The only thing you want to do is roam around with that girl, what's her name again? Oh, you should remember that quite clearly. But you don't remember your son, nor when he was born, nor his first words-_" And she paused for effect, trying to squeeze in a tear or two.
"Doye, you don't remember the promises you made to me. You don't remember telling me you would marry me, that I would never have any reason to shed a tear, taking my virginity. You don't remember that. You don't remember the family you once had. All you can think about is you and that disgusting little wretch. You haven't thought about your son or how this news would crush him. You want to give him a step mom? That's fine.
Hand him over to someone who will mistreat him. Just do what you please" With that, she left him standing there, guilt gnawing at his heart,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by dherbee: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Applaudise 4 my LADY O! welcome baq MzNelly............... u wia greatly missed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Now dat wz a nice one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by kinglekan: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2015

Tim Reeds cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mznelly weldone grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
kinglekan:

Tim Reeds cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mznelly weldone grin

Thanks darl' smiley

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Biebi stood up abruptly, grasping her purse tightly and looked at him, surprise written all over her face.
"Sir...?" Tim Reeds stood up as well.
"Please call me 'Tim'..."
"I'm not interested" She blurted out immediately. "I don't want to know you, I don't want you to know me."
"But why?" He asked her, advancing forward.
She stepped back, keeping her distance.

"You represent a past that I want to forget. You're everything I don't need in my life. I don't want to be reminded of work I was. I'm done with that, Mr. Tim Reeds."
"Bee-Bee, I'm not asking you for a relationship or for sex. I just want to be your friend. I wanna be there for you...please."
"And do I look to you like I'm incapable of handling my own business? Do I?!"
"I never suggested that. I know you're a pretty independent woman." He thrust his hands in his pocket stared at her.
"I'm sorry. Friendship is...based on choice. So I can't force you" She looked away from him. She wasn't changing her mind for anything or anyone. No one was gonna come into her life and remind her of her horrible past.

"How's your sister?" He asked, sincerely.
"She's fine" She replied, tight lipped. "I have to go" She added, sliding her purse over her right
arm.
"Bee-Bee, let's see some other time" She shrugged and walked out.
She knew she was never going back to see him. She hurried into the elevator and took out her phone.

"Vosa?" She breathed, the moment she answered.
"How far?" The other girl asked expectantly.
"He wants us to be friends. How repulsive! I never want any memorabilia from my past"
"Tchww" Vosa hissed loudly. "E be like say you no wan marry, you this girl. Fine, fresh bobo dey toast you, you dey form 'memobabylon'. Ewu"
"Vosa, I don't care about marriage right now. I have things going on for me, things I need to complete first"
"Na because no be Doye dey ask you out. If na im, you no go dey tell me this kain mumu story" Biebi shook her head and adjusted for the next person who entered the elevator.

"He didn't ask me out. Just said we should be friends"
"An so? No be how e dey start? I think say you get sense"
"Vosa, at least shut up and listen to me..."
"If you want nothing from your past, why you no throway me comot? Ehn? After all, na me introduce you? Ehn, Biebi?" Biebi paused, short of words.
"Lissen to me, baby girl" Vosa continued. "Heaven is giving you another chance to be happy. Take it, you hear." And she hung up on her.
Biebi stood staring at her phone for some seconds, pondering about what she had said.

The screen of the phone lighted up and she saw Doye's number displayed across it.
"Oh God" She murmured. She noticed how her heart skipped a million beats. This was the hundreth time he'd called her that week.
She didn't want a second chance, she didn't want heaven dictating her love life for her.
She didn't want no Tim Reeds in a fancy jacket, she wanted this stubborn man, Doye; him with all his baby mama drama. She wanted the only man who wowed her with his every word, every stare, every move; who never failed to make her smile.

With that resolution, she answered on the third ring.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by dherbee: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
mouth watering.................. sad shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by HizMissy(f): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok, this was lovely
Re: Shattered Glass by PricelessCharm(f): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
So amazing. #still following#
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Visa walked in on Richard, clutching at his paintbrush trying to figure out what to draw. He tore up the paper in front of him and groaned angrily.
"What's wrong?" She stepped forward, cautiously.
"No inspiration! I can't fvcking draw!" He kicked down the canvas and palettes and went to stand by the window.

"You no fit draw wetin dey your mind?" He sighed and looked at the mess he'd made. There was no point explaining to her. She wouldn't understand.
"Vosa, please leave me alone" Vosa frowned at him, upset.
"But na me bring up this idea. I want make e work for you. No dey push me comot. I no like am"
He stared at her. She seemed genuinely wprries, but he really wanted to be alone.
"If you must be here, then... I need you to speak perfect correct Queen's English"
"Eh?"
"You heard me" She shrugged, undisturbed.
"Okay." She picked up the materials he had thrown down. "Tell me what's wrong, Richard"
He half smiled. He wasn't kidding when he told her he was turned on when she spoke concise English.

"I need inspiration, Vosa" She set the canvas and carefully refilled the palette, taking care not to step on the spilled paint.
"Err... Wetin- I mean, what do you want to draw?"
"I don't know... I want to draw something that inspires me as well as something that sells, you know"
"Women.. unclothedness.." A smile played across her lips. She hit him on the arm. "unclothedness dey sell nau"
"Vosa stop" He shifted towards the canvas he'd earlier abandoned. "I'm serious here"

He took up his paint brush and attempted to paint again then thought about it. Yes!
Yes! This crazy girl was right! Nüde art! Of course!
It does sell! And he'll have no trouble getting inspired for that.
"Vosa, you're brilliant!" He hugged her, overjoyed. She stared at him confused. What was with him? What about the grumpy mood he was in minutes ago?

"Now, I just need inspiration for some nude art" He said, thinking. Suddenly, he stared at her. An idea had hit him.
"Hey, since you got me into all of this mess. How bout you get me out? How bout you provide me some...inspiration?" She stepped back, shocked.
"You dey mad?! You wan make I comot cloth for you?" She immediately raced to the door to leave.
"Vosa, it's just art I swear. I mean, I could Google out pictures of nakêd women, but it won't provide me the inspiration I need like your body would. It tells my story, your story, out struggles, your beauty. Please...?"
She kept mute, thinking about it.

"My face no go show?"
"No problem, Vosa." She stared at the night gown she was wearing, turned her back to him and dropped it in a split second and she was completely nüde in front of him.
He gulped nervously and adjusted his boxers. Think business, think money, think art, he whispered to himself; then put a brush to the canvas.

Vosa stood still, terrified. Here, she was completely nakêd in front of this man. It was art, he said. He was going to draw her and display her to the world. Somehow, she felt good about it. Like, he was actually telling her story. Her pains, agony, loneliness, the life she lived, everything...

"Richards?"
"Yes?"
"Don't start yet. I changed my mind" She picked up her nightgown.
"Vosa please-" Then she turned to face him.
"Now, you can draw"
"Are you sure? I mean, you want your face shown?"
"Yes"

She watched him as he drew. He looked poised and unbalanced by the fact that she was actually náked in front of him. He focused solely on his drawing and one would think he was drawing a mere chair. She was bothered and irritated, but she kept the smirk on her face for the whole 2 hours it took him to draw her.
The minute he was done, she wore her night robe and stormed out.
He folded up the paper and went to meet her in the dining.

"Okay, Vosa, I'm going to submit this and sees what happens."
"Bye" She said, nonchalantly.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes" She responded and left for her room.

What was with her? He thought.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
Try to write a story. Just try to write a story once.

No, really, sit down in your room, pick up your pen and think of a plot. Think of what she/he looks like. Think of what should come next. Think of the suspense build up to keep your readers wanting more. Think of the denouement, tragedy, climax, anti climax, everything.

Try it.
And maybe, just maybe when you see how difficult it is, you would realize how important compliments/constructive criticisms are.

4 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by llaykorn: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
MzNelly:
Try to write a story. Just try to write a story once.

No, really, sit down in your room, pick up your pen and think of a plot. Think of what she/he looks like. Think of what should come next. Think of the suspense build up to keep your readers wanting more. Think of the denouement, tragedy, climax, anti climax, everything.

Try it.
And maybe, just maybe when you see how difficult it is, you would realize how important compliments/constructive criticisms are.

Awwww, this just pulled at my heart MzNelly. sad
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
llaykorn:

Awwww, this just pulled at my heart MzNell. sad

I'm glad. embarassed
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
But MzNelly I can't find anything to criticize. U r already doing a good job! cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2015
More pleaaassee!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Shattered Glass by ugoblaze1(m): 9:46am On Nov 14, 2015
great job
Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2015
Where is MzNelly nah
Re: Shattered Glass by oscarlloyd(m): 8:57am On Nov 16, 2015
Nice one here mznelly... U really are doing justice to this story... I'm enjoying every piece of it, keep it up and most importantly update pleeeaasssseeee
Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2015
Biebi watched him as he ate.
God, he was dreamy
Exactly why she left whatever she was doing and picked a low-profile restaurant where they could just hang out and talk-no distractions, paparazzi or baby mama drama.
He had explained everything she needed to know and she was willing to stand by his side, nonetheless.

He looked up from the chicken he had barely devoured and cleaned his mouth with a napkin.
"Ahem. What are you staring at? Fine boys no dey your area?" She hissed, mock annoyed.
"See the way you're eating like an animal"
He smiled and drank the half-drunk juice in front of him.
"When you will be forming vex and won't cook for somebody" Biebi chuckled.
"Lazy brat. You can't even cook a decent meal to save your life"
"I'm a man" He stuck out his tongue as he said this. "And besides, Monica can't cook either" Biebi frowned slight at the mention of this name.
She threw her fork at him and he swiftly dodged it.

"So even if she cooks, you'll eat it?!"
"No o!" Doye said immediately. "No o, how can I? Never" He noticed she calmed down and smiled at her. "Jealousy"
"Learn how to cook your meals." She stated, sternly. "Your gender is not an excuse. My brother is a pro with various African dishes. That one does not remove his balls"
"Yes Ma" He nodded and continued eating. "So you won't cook for me?" She smiled sweetly.
"Of course I will" He blew her a kiss; she looked down at her food, blushing deeply.

"Do I still need to ask you to be my girlfriend?" She rolled her eyes at him. "Oh sorry, we are dating already, ba?" He grinned.
She shook her head.
"You're not romantic" She said, pouting.
"I am. Biebi, date me."
"I won't"
"You must"
"Or-?"
"Or.. You'll die of the excess love you feel for me." She threw her napkin at him.

"Oya please-" He asked again, laughing.
"Those boys that ask a girl out in the front of the whole restaurant, do they have two heads?" Doye sighed and stood up.
"Girls ehn..." He murmured while getting to his knees. "Just to ask someone out.."
She smiled, pleased with herself. By this time, everyone's attention was on the both of them.

"Biebi.." He began, solemn. "The love of my life, the woman of my dreams... I.. I dunno what life was without you, but I don't ever want to know, because I am certain there is no life without you. I love you, crazy girl. I love you so much it scares me. I know we've known each for roughly 6 months, and this may seem cliché, but it's been like I've known you my whole life. I don't ever want to lose you, that's why I wanna ask you Biebi-" He brought out a tiny red box from his pocket, and took out a diamond ring. Biebi's eyes shone, already tearing up. Was he really-?
"I want to ask you to be my wife, Biebi. Will you, will you marry me?"

She nodded, speechless; tears rolling down her face. The audience in the restaurant clapped, some taking pictures of the special moment.
Doye got up and slipped the ring in her finger. She hugged him tightly, still crying.
"I hate you, how dare you surprise me like that?" She pounded his chest, still short of words.
He smiled ruefully and kissed her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shattered Glass by Eniqurl(f): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
OMG! thnks fr d update MzNelly smiley

More please !!!!

1 Like

Re: Shattered Glass by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Monica paced about, worried. Doye had broken the news about his proposal to her and she was confused as to the next step they take. All she knew was that she couldn't let that marriage happen. She had to do something and she had to do it fast. She paced some more, biting on her nail. Her son hadn't arrived yet, if he did, she would be able to stop this once and for all time.
Doye stepped out of his room with her luggages.
"It's time for you to leave, Monica. Your fun trip has come to an end-" Monica stared at him, surprised.
"Doye! Doye!" She went on her knees, begging him.
"Doye, our son is arriving in the airport, right this minute. We need to go pick him up" He kicked the box toward her.
"Oh, we will go pick him up, Monica. But you're leaving this house. I'm engaged to be married and I won't have you staying around here..."
"Doye, I'm your child's mother!"
"But I don't love you..."
"But our child-" There was a knock at the door and Doye went to open up. A small head poked in and smiled, excitedly.

"Ma mere." He called out to Monica in French. Monica stood up, wiped her tears instantly and went to meet him.
"Trevór baby.." He entered and she hugged him. "You left the airport on your own?"
"Grandma gave me some instructions- To get a Uber and come down here"
She smiled at him. "That's my boy" She stared at Doye, who stared on, surprised. "That's your father, son."
"Really?" He ran up to Doye. "Papa! Ma pere!" Doye was confused as to how to react. Could this be his son? He didn't even look like him... But.. What if he was?
"I'm happy, Mama!" Trevor exclaimed, overjoyed. "Finally, we're one big family" He hugged Doye's knee.
"Come on, let me take you to your room" She took him upstairs, watching Doye from the corner of her eye, pleased with his reaction. Let's see how you kick me out now.

She got back to Doye in a jiffy and began packing her luggage to restore them back to her room.
"Monica.. I haven't changed my mind."
"I'll leave Doye, eventually. But it isn't reasonable to welcome our son like this. Give it some time, okay? This isn't just about you, Doye. Stop thinking about only yourself" He took in a deep breath.
"Fine. I want a DNA test." She seemed calm and relaxed.
"Fine, we'll get one tomorrow. Can I go in now?"

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

>>>> How Are The Mighty Fallen? <<<< ( A Must Read ) / Saved By Amnesia / Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.