Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! (11511 Views)

Advice Pls : Which Model Of Toyota Sienna Is Fuel Efficient And Easy To Maintain / Good Doing Business With Chucky234 / Please!!!has Anyone Ever Done Business With Kings Autos??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 24, 2015
@ FiftyFifty testify ur 607 guy.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by thegame(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2015
themodernman:
Hello guys, pls I'm about doing business with a nairalander called kakaki. I want you guys to serve as his referee so I can know the type of person I'm dealing with & know if I can entrust him with my hard-earned 8months money.

I'm sending part of the money to his account for him to help me ship a benz from Germany. Your response will be appreciated.

Thanx guys.

@OP, I have just one question and a piece of advice/suggestion...the bennz you are trying to get, is it vintage and can't be sourced locally or found on nairaland Cos the thing is...If you are not a patient person, pre order is not for you o. And then you have to keep worrying about the dealer and if he will backstab or runaway, or better still, deliver car in not that top notch condition you thought it would be.

Wwhy don't you just wait and search for the car here on nairaland or locally, check out the Vin, pay the person that checks Vin on front page and if car checks out, pay and drive home in peace. This preorder business is good but I'VE BEEN ON NAIRALAND LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT SOONER OR LATER, THAT CAR YOU LONG FOR EVENTUALLY SHOWS UP ON SOMEONE'S THREAD, sometimes even cheaper and neater.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 1:24am On May 25, 2015
chucky234:
Why ship a car from Europe/US and wait for 35 - 45 days to enjoy your car when I can get you first grade supr clean and fresh car with actual low mileage in 72hrs in Cotonou, full duty paid.
No story....

I'm scared of cotonou prodjcts joor...them too dey give oerson headache abeg....
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 1:33am On May 25, 2015
thegame:

@OP, I have just one question and a piece of advice/suggestion...the bennz you are trying to get, is it vintage and can't be sourced locally or found on nairaland Cos the thing is...If you are not a patient person, pre order is not for you o. And then you have to keep worrying about the dealer and if he will backstab or runaway, or better still, deliver car in not that top notch condition you thought it would be.

Wwhy don't you just wait and search for the car here on nairaland or locally, check out the Vin, pay the person that checks Vin on front page and if car checks out, pay and drive home in peace. This preorder business is good but I'VE BEEN ON NAIRALAND LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT SOONER OR LATER, THAT CAR YOU LONG FOR EVENTUALLY SHOWS UP ON SOMEONE'S THREAD, sometimes even cheaper and neater.

Cheers

No its just a C320 benz...my problem is dat most rides in naija have been accidented in naija & then repaired to be sold back at cheap prices....a carfax can't see any problem with the VIN....thus I shy away from Naija products...i'm just gonna settle down with my close neighbour in Texas jarey....no wahala.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by walexyll(m): 1:51am On May 25, 2015
@op you obviously av trust issues...and I am scared you might end up making a wrong decision...the agreement thing is ur best bet here since you don't trust local dealers as well....

My 2cents...you need a little bit of trust to live a great life...everything must not make logical sense every time...u just av to allow ur instinct (6th sense) to drive u sometimes and u will be amazed at how far u go in life

2 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 2:09am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:
@op you obviously av trust issues...and I am scared you might end up making a wrong decision...the agreement thing is ur best bet here since you don't trust local dealers as well....

My 2cents...you need a little bit of trust to live a great life...everything must not make logical sense every time...u just av to allow ur instinct (6th sense) to drive u sometimes and u will be amazed at how far u go in life

You can't blame someone who has been hurt b4....I know what it took me to get ds money for someone to just zoom off with it in a twinkke of an eye...I'll rather keep my money than get cheated...

And finally I make sure there's LOGIC in everything I do and I don't bank on trust anymore as I've reserved that word for GOD alone...as long as you're a human being I do not trust you and I NEVER will...nothing personal as I do not expect you to trust me too since I'm not GOD. That way my peace of mind is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 2:12am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:

I've seen a guy try to sell me a shoe & he swore to the high heavens that its d real deal...only for me to open the official page of d shoe factory to show him the true price...den he started stammering trying to cover up....I've learnt not to trust anybody & still live happily.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by walexyll(m): 2:55am On May 25, 2015
themodernman:

You can't blame someone who has been hurt b4....I know what it took me to get ds money for someone to just zoom off with it in a twinkke of an eye...I'll rather keep my money than get cheated...

And finally I make sure there's LOGIC in everything I do and I don't bank on trust anymore as I've reserved that word for GOD alone...as long as you're a human being I do not trust you and I NEVER will...nothing personal as I do not expect you to trust me too since I'm not GOD. That way my peace of mind is guaranteed.

Since you trust no one, why did you open this thread? You should not trust our judgement and recommendations...I can bet you, you will still have to trust someone in this transaction, beacuase you do not have the resources to pull the whole importation through from start to finish!

....I suspect the type of work you do does not permit you to trust anyone but you have to start drawing the lines between your work life and your LIFE. I perfectly understand you do some background checks before committing, but you can not do away with the place of trust in life. You will be surprised some great business deals were sealed based on trust! Learn to trust, when/if you start your own business, you will need some people to trust you to be successful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by walexyll(m): 3:02am On May 25, 2015
themodernman:

I've seen a guy try to sell me a shoe & he swore to the high heavens that its d real deal...only for me to open the official page of d shoe factory to show him the true price...den he started stammering trying to cover up....I've learnt not to trust anybody & still live happily.

I read ur thread on the shoes ishhh....You just created a needless scene, I do not see what stopped you from placing an order from reputtable online fashion stores such as asos,next...perharps you dont trust the stores who had been in business for years!

1 Like

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 3:03am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:

Since you trust no one, why did you open this thread? You should not trust our judgement and recommendations...I can bet you, you will still have to trust someone in this transaction, beacuase you do not have the resources to pull the whole importation through from start to finish!

....I suspect the type of work you do does not permit you to trust anyone but you have to start drawing the lines between your work life and your LIFE. I perfectly understand you do some background checks before committing, but you can not do away with the place of trust in life. You will be surprised some great business deals were sealed based on trust! Learn to trust, when/if you start your own business, you will need some people to trust you to be successful

Listen to me Mr Man....I only trust LOGIC not the man himself....if I can't get enough recommendations from ppl you can't expect me to trust such a person & even with the recommendations I go still dey monitor you like eagle cos I know d heart of man....even the owner of his heart will be amazed at the things that spring out of it...that's me don't bother trying to change me...I prefer things dat way....I've seen too much things in my lifetime than to trust ppl...seriously they don't deserve it.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 3:05am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:

I read ur thread on the shoes ishhh....You just created a needless scene, I do not see what stopped you from placing an order from reputtable online fashion stores such as asos,next...perharps you dont trust the stores who had been in business for years!

A needless thread yet you kept mum over it...why coming here to talk about assos when you could have said it over there...or was dat not the essence of my opening the thread? you dont have a point. Live your life & let others live theirs #shikena.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 3:08am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:

And for your info, I've gotten what I needed from a Marks & Spencer shoe store for £125 all due to my paying attention to details & proper scrutiny....if you like trust anybody you see just because you wanna trust....its your life afterall live it the way you wannit.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by walexyll(m): 3:09am On May 25, 2015
themodernman:

Listen to me Mr Man....I only trust LOGIC not the man himself....if I can't get enough recommendations from ppl you can't expect me to trust such a person & even with the recommendations I go still dey monitor you like eagle cos I know d heart of man....even the owner of his heart will be amazed at the things that spring out of it...that's me don't bother trying to change me...I prefer things dat way....I've seen too much things in my lifetime than to trust ppl...seriously they don't deserve it.

I wish you goodluck in your endeavour and the way you live your life...

4 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 3:11am On May 25, 2015
walexyll:

I wish you goodluck in your endeavour and the way you live your life...

Same here.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by chucky234(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2015
themodernman:

I'm scared of cotonou prodjcts joor...them too dey give oerson headache abeg....
You prolly didn't buy first grade then, in the quest to buy something way cheaper than naija selling price customers end up buying third grade cars in Cotonou.
Cotonou cars are the best price, direct from US/EU, you can check the BMW X5 on this my thread and see clean and fresh it is, direct from US:
www.nairaland.com/2331520/pre-order-get-car-72hrs
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:38am On May 25, 2015
Reading through all of Op's comment I will say pre-order is not for you.

The Naija car you can touch and feel yourself, you dont trust it.
The Cotonou cars that are cheaper and you can see and touch, you still don't trust.

Now you want to go and buy from Germany where u can't even see or feel except through pictures.

You have big trust issues!!!

Maybe you should send the money to your cousin as you earlier said.

Cos i see trouble for anyone who you decide to entrust with your money.....as in big trouble!!!

20 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by USAutoBuy(m): 2:07pm On May 25, 2015
RoyalRoy:
The Cotonou cars that are cheaper and you can see and touch, you still don't trust.
Now you want to go and buy from Germany where u can't even see or feel except through pictures.
Cos i see trouble for anyone who you decide to entrust with your money.....as in big trouble!!!

This is the best comment so far. When all the options available is "flawed" in one way or the other as far as the OP is concerned, it might be a reflection on the OP more than anything. There is always a advantage & disadvantage to any decision we make in life. You just choose the one with the least consequences you can live with.

I don't think pre-order will be the best for you. At least i will hate to be your dealer. Sometimes when you try and get a car, there might be issues that will prevent you from making the deadline as promised (though not in all cases but it happens) so there will be hell to pay for whoever is the dealer.

I will say, buy in Nigeria but take a very experienced mechanic with you. That's all you can do

Good luck out there

8 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 4:55pm On May 25, 2015
RoyalRoy:

You don't know the meaning of trust so I will engage you in a discussion....there's a difference between being skeptical & pessimistic which I'm the former...

if I had trust issues I won't come on a public forum to seek reference to someone in d first place....dats not trust issues, dats being a skeptic....

And ofcourse the person I give my hard earned money to will be in trouble cos I'll keep him on his toes....I no be dangote pikin like you wey get money to throway...period.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by write2obi(m): 7:48pm On May 25, 2015
themodernman:

You don't know the meaning of trust so I will engage you in a discussion....there's a difference between being skeptical & pessimistic which I'm the former...

if I had trust issues I won't come on a public forum to seek reference to someone in d first place....dats not trust issues, dats being a skeptic....

And ofcourse the person I give my hard earned money to will be in trouble cos I'll keep him on his toes....I no be dangote pikin like you wey get money to throway...period.
Op please don't mind them, i don't think their is anything wrong with someone seeking assurance before committing his money in the hands of a faceless guy, their are genuine guys online, aswell scammers. Do a proper background check before parting with your money.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 10:04pm On May 25, 2015
write2obi:

Op please don't mind them, i don't think their is anything wrong with someone seeking assurance before committing his money in the hands of a faceless guy, their are genuine guys online, aswell scammers. Do a proper background check before parting with your money.

God bless you my brother...
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by willibounce1(m): 10:22pm On May 25, 2015
If you love yourself and your hard earned money, do not deal with any phucking kakakri or femmy nonsense.

Keep your money or go through your cousin. If your cousin gba you, you still have hope of getting your money. All this phantom success story from the kakakri and femmy na arrangeeee. You don't know the length people can go to plot their scam.

Either you buy your car from someone you can see face to face or fogerrit.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 11:24pm On May 25, 2015
willibounce1:
If you love yourself and your hard earned money, do not deal with any phucking kakakri or femmy nonsense.

Keep your money or go through your cousin. If your cousin gba you, you still have hope of getting your money. All this phantom success story from the kakakri and femmy na arrangeeee. You don't know the length people can go to plot their scam.

Either you buy your car from someone you can see face to face or fogerrit.

Lmao cheesy "phucking kakakri" or "femmy nonsense" grin

This broz harsh die walahi!!! cheesy Me sef know sey ppl don tear eye like mad....I dey watch as dem dey gba oyinbo ppl in some rugged scams, I know of a yahoo guy during camp & most of hin tricks....most of these guys wey dey rant are probably just using reverse psychology to make me succumb to dr scam.....dem tink sey I wear g-string.... cheesy
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2015
themodernman:

Lmao cheesy "phucking kakakri" or "fhemmmy nonsense" grin

This broz harsh die walahi!!! cheesy Me sef know sey ppl don tear eye like mad....I dey watch as dem dey gba oyinbo ppl in some rugged scams, I know of a yahoo guy during camp & most of hin tricks....most of these guys wey dey rant are probably just using reverse psychology to make me succumb to dr scam.....dem tink sey I wear g-string.... cheesy

Do you even have any car to buy at all? Or you just want to create this thread to display your personal insecurity. Cos really u sound like you are just here to catch fun!!

How funny it is that you are the one everyone wanna scam.

Stop raining on kakakibuy and Fhemmmy autos parade due to your lack of trust.

They didn't put a gun on your head to do business with them.

#Paranoia

Smh.

8 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 6:55am On May 26, 2015
RoyalRoy:

How funny it is that you are the one everyone wanna scam.

Stop raining on kakakibuy and Fhemmmy autos parade due to your lack of trust.

They didn't put a gun on your head to do business from them.

#Paranoia

Smh.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by lightheart(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2015
All these subtle hints here and there of a brother-in-texas tho'. undecided

BUT
Op, is there a reason why you really don't want to use your brother-in-texas yet?

8 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 9:35am On May 26, 2015
lightheart:
All these subtle hints here and there of a brother-in-texas tho'. undecided

BUT
Op, is there a reason why you really don't want to use your brother-in-texas yet?

Was dat d essence of d post
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by andre82(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2015
Erm, mind if I cut in. Kakakibuy and Femmy or Phemmy has been doing business on nairaland and beyond since a long long time. I'll suggest u go through their threads and that of their clients to get better understanding. I'm not vouching their authenticity or genuiness, I'm just urging u 2research them. I don't sell cars, just an ardent follower of this section. If ua still not comfy with them, go with ur cousin but who says ur cousin can't still scam u. If u don't trust people, I think ur cousin shouldn't be an exception; if he doesn't, then it's all gud. I wish u gud hunting...

1 Like

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by lightheart(m): 9:44am On May 26, 2015
themodernman:

Was dat d essence of d post

Sorry. My bad. You actually said cousin-in-texas not brother-in-texas. Apologies again.

Did you hear where somebody gave you the option of a lawyer and conditions? You even had to ask where to hire a lawyer sef.

What's the essence of this your post again?

3 Likes

Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 9:53am On May 26, 2015
lightheart:

Sorry. My bad. You actually said cousin-in-texas not brother-in-texas. Apologies again.

Did you hear where somebody gave you the option of a lawyer and conditions? You even had to ask where to hire a lawyer sef.

What's the essence of this your post again?

Why should I explain what even a toddler can obviously use his brain to figure....
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 9:55am On May 26, 2015
andre82:
Erm, mind if I cut in. Kakakibuy and Femmy or Phemmy has been doing business on nairaland and beyond since a long long time. I'll suggest u go through their threads and that of their clients to get better understanding. I'm not vouching their authenticity or genuiness, I'm just urging u 2research them. I don't sell cars, just an ardent follower of this section. If ua still not comfy with them, go with ur cousin but who says ur cousin can't still scam u. If u don't trust people, I think ur cousin shouldn't be an exception; if he doesn't, then it's all gud. I wish u gud hunting...

It's really hard to get people off a thought pattern once they're stuck to it...I don't have d luxury of time...cos in d long run people will still think what they wanna whether it makes sense or not.
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by themodernman: 9:57am On May 26, 2015
If nobody has nothing sensible to say again they should just keep shut....but they be stubborn by continuing to yap about.

They'll surely be no response from me....
Re: I'm About Doing Business With A Nairalander-advice Pls!!! by kayjasper(f): 10:44am On May 26, 2015
themodernman:
If nobody has nothing sensible to say again they should just keep shut....but they be stubborn by continuing to yap about.

They'll surely be no response from me....

Surely you have a big ego and that's a big problem . You dont trust people, and yet you have a very bad interpersonal attitude.

Anyone who is gonna do business with you as someone earlier said is surely going to have a big headache. You seem not to be trustworthy yourself.

Opening this thread initially seemed logical but along the line, with your comments and posts it seems you and your "friends" just want to give Kakakibuy and Fhemmmy a bad name for no reason.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Good Lathe Machine For Sale (very Affordable) / Mercedes Benz 2004 E320 4matic *sales suspended* / Has Anyone Ever Bought Car On JIJI? I Guess Its Not Real!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.