Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration (32275 Views)

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Slimtj(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2015
for where?dem b small pikin.declaration my foot.
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by pupsyd: 10:49am On May 24, 2015
NOTHING CONCERNS ME!
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 10:49am On May 24, 2015
Unfortunately, it won't be made public
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 10:51am On May 24, 2015
akpanikpe:

Does he has any asset to declear in the first place?

In your mind, you think he doesn't?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by nerodenero: 10:51am On May 24, 2015
Jail dey smell. Buhari will definitely look for a scapegoat to send the right message. Dont ask me who that would begrin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Autolord: 10:51am On May 24, 2015
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by bogolobango(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2015
Na naija jona go declare as assets cos he don suck dis country finish
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by PassingShot(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2015
Firefire:
Muhammadu Buhari, the president-elect, also vowed to openly declare assets and liabilities after taking over office.

Buhary must not only declare his assets, all his political advisers and appointees must follow suit.

Trust Buhari on this.
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ybalogs(m): 10:53am On May 24, 2015
After declaring what they want to declare, what else? I'm pretty sure they're not so dumb as to put all their assets in their names only. Yé-yé dey smell.
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by AskProf: 10:54am On May 24, 2015
missbehave247:
President Goodluck Jonathan and his vice, Namadi Sambo, were directed by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) to declare their assets.

Moreover, 29 governors, 42 ministers, 109 senators and 360 House or Representatives members were ordered to do the same, The Punch has obtained.

The officials were said to have been given a 30-day deadline to return the completed Assets Declaration Forms.

Kolade Omoyola, CCB acting secretary, last Tuesday noted that “political office holders to declare their assets on assumption and vacation of office in accordance with Paragraph II of the 5th Schedule of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria as amended”.

The Bureau representative also issued a warning that those who fail to declare their assets, as required by the law, “shall attract on conviction any or all of the following: (a) Removal from office (b)

Disqualification from holding any public office, (c) Forfeiture to the state any property acquired in abuse of office or dishonesty”.

It was gathered that only seven senators and 40 reps had submitted their forms so far. Tony Okocha, Rivers state official, said that Governor Rotimi Amaechi would soon submit the
completed form: “The Governor Rotimi Amaechi that I know will
submit his form to the Bureau very soon. He has no skeleton in his cupboard and has nothing to hide anywhere in Nigeria and anywhere in the world.”

Jacob Edi, the special adviser to Kogi state Governor Idris Wada, said that the governor, and all the other political appointees in the state subject to the law had submitted the forms. Edo state
governor Godswill Akpabio had submitted the form before he was sworn in, his aide provided.

A representative of Oyo state governor said that Abiola Ajimobi “certainly will” declare his assets.

It should be recalled that late Musa Yar’Adua is the only Nigerian president who has declared his assets.

Muhammadu Buhari, the president-elect, also vowed to to openly declare assets and liabilities after taking over office .

Meanwhile President Jonathan last year refused to make such a move. GEJ explained he had already done this while being deputy to Yar’Adua.
He claimed in the course of the third presidential media chat:
“The issue of public assets declaration is a matter of personal principle. That is the way I see it, and I don’t give a damn about it, even if you criticise me from heaven. When I was the vice-president, that matter came up, and I told the former President
(late Musa Yar’Adua) that let’s not start something that would make us play into the hands of people and create an anomalous situation in the country.

“The law is clear. A public officer should declare his assets, and if there are issues, then the relevant agencies would have a basis to assess whether you have amassed wealth or not. When it is said that people should declare their assets in public, it is not
only the president or the vice-president; it includes everybody, including ministers.

“When I was a governor in Bayelsa State for about a year before becoming vice-president, I was investigated thoroughly. I have nothing to hide.
But because I was under somebody and it was becoming an issue, because of the media, and because my boss had declared, it was said that the vice-president must. I declared, not because I
wanted to.

“Initially, I said they can talk about it from morning to night, I will not. It is not proper. If one amends the law to say that only the president and the vice- president should declare assets publicly, fine. But, presently, everybody who is holding political office is expected to and I say it is not right.”

In another development General Theophilus Danjuma (retd.), the former defence minister, yesterday advised Muhammadu Buhari to probe President Jonathan’s administration over the $60 billion debt the new administration will inherit.

According to Daily Trust, Danjuma lamented: “It is disheartening to know that the incoming government of Buhari will have to contend with a debt of over $60billion and there is nothing to show for this huge debt.

“Well, we would know what happened to these monies, because I believe that the Buhari administration has to, and should, in national interest, investigate the administration so that we
would know what happened.”

Source:-http://www.naij.com/445077-jonathan-given-30-day-deadline-for-assets-declaration.html

Cc:lalasticlala

WHY Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ZYZZA: 10:55am On May 24, 2015
haywire1:
Gengen action movie don start oooo. At last the yansh of the useless house of rep member in my area go open. All those mouth opening cars go disappear soon.

Bushmeat gonna catch d hunter

#
this your own na pure bad belle o
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Captainswag225(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2015
how gej became a billionaire while serving nigeria
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by justmenoni: 10:56am On May 24, 2015
@op I beg last time I check; that handsome non-corrupt apc/change agent is the governor of edo state, so how come government akpaibo became the government of edo without Nigerians been informed,,, hmm dis naija politics ehn ehn so akpabio down bone akwa ibom run go edo to develop dat area no wahala God dey grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Firefire(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:

Trust Buhari on this.

we are waiting and watching... let the CHANGE start from you, oh APC!
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by phemie007(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] grin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by princejayboss: 11:00am On May 24, 2015
eliment:
Jonathan is a corrupt man. He will never willingly declare his asset.

Really?..... Nigerians really are not yet of age to have freedom of speech... Africa in a whole will often abuse that chance of freedom of speech... Don't worry from May 29 try am and see if decree 4 will not send you 6 ft below .... Summary... Don't insult your president cos your father was never one and you may end up not becoming CEO of a company talk of president of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by DaBullIT(m): 11:01am On May 24, 2015
Firefire:
Muhammadu Buhari, the president-elect, also vowed to openly declare assets and liabilities after taking over office.

Buhary must not only declare his assets, all his political advisers and appointees must follow suit.

He already did during his campaign , but what about clueless did he ever declare at least once since he'd been there ?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by haywire1: 11:01am On May 24, 2015
ZYZZA:
this your own na pure bad belle o

Bad Belle is allow grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by temitemi1(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2015
What will happen if Mr President decides not to declare his assets GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by anonimi: 11:04am On May 24, 2015
What of outgoing governors

Has anyone seen that of-

- Obasanjo
- Saraki
- Tinubu
- Atiku
- Akume

Etc etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by maxit2(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2015
olasmith10:
For the sake of national interest, GEJ should just do d needful.. Aside dat I think he has skeletons in his cupboards..And if found wanted, he should face d music.. No time for national nonsense

It's "if found WANTING"
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by rigarmortis: 11:05am On May 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

He already did during his campaign , but what about clueless did he ever declare at least once since he'd been there ?

What kind of declaration?

You mean the ''at least 1M in his bank account and only 150 cows''?

And the next day his wife donated about 150M to various hospitals?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by anonimi: 11:06am On May 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

Declared during his campaign on Facebook, right?

Since when did Facebook become same as CCB grin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Firefire(m): 11:08am On May 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

The clueless is leaving for the clue-full.

FOUR YEARS is not too far.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by anonimi: 11:10am On May 24, 2015
rigarmortis:

What kind of declaration?

You mean the ''at least 1M in his bank account and only 150 cows''?

And the next day his wife donated about 150M to various hospitals?

Let the nitwits keep deluding themselves instead of realising they have been taken for a ride like true mumu consigne grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2151923_10959780101527066886056781674305683697845804n_jpeg88571234fc99d5765ef94ba8883de888
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by solara: 11:10am On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:
declare which assets?

d type buhari declared during campaign

and d wife later donated drugs worth more than 150 million naira to hospitals

how many assets did Abacha's family declare

atink buhari said Abacha ddnt loot any money

Common sense in not common
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ZYZZA: 11:13am On May 24, 2015
it not hard na .jona has at list 1million and at list one house e never finish*
Gmb style
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by DaBullIT(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2015
Firefire:

The clueless is leaving for the clue-full.

FOUR YEARS is not too far.
True
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ronald4lif(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2015
How can someone who never declare his asset while resuming office now declare while leaving office?. I don't think GEJ and his gang of thieves will honestly declare their assets. Let's see if they would and I hope CCB will make it public. Nigerians deserve to know their net worth upon assuming office and now. Change is here finally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ZYZZA: 11:16am On May 24, 2015
haywire1:

Bad Belle is allow grin grin grin
9ja
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by DaBullIT(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2015
anonimi:

Declared during his campaign on Facebook, right?

Since when did Facebook become same as CCB grin

Apart from" I have no shoes" , Clueless offered nothing more

GMB said he has 150 cows, no foreign banks , 2 or 3 houses( i am not sure) , and more than a million in bank account . so if anything changes in his official asset declaration, then we'll know they tricked us , but i doubt there'll be any change in his assets so i am comfortable with his Facebook declaration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / Anyaoku Rejects Ipob’s Appointment / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.