Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. (2278 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2015
PART 1
A few acres of farm land is available for the cultivation of cucumbers using modern techniques to quarantee a stable monthly harvest.
Farm site located in a secure estate at ofada, ogun state has been brushed early in the year.

1 Like

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 7:22am On May 25, 2015
PART 2
METHOD:
The process require the use of grow bags and Bamboo staking on one acre.
COST:
Land preparation 30k.
Bamboo post 40k.
10,000 Loaded growbags 100k.
Agrochemicals 20k.
Seeds & fertilizer 10k.
Farm asst salary (2 months) 40k.
Logistics 10k.
Total estimate: 250k.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 8:39am On May 25, 2015
PART 3
PROJECTED MONTHLY SALES:
Sale is projected at between 500k to N1m monthly starting from August to October 2015.
R.O.I.
August harvest:
Investor 50%.
Farmer 30%.
Running cost 20%.
September harvest:
Investor 40%.
Farmer 40%.
Running cost 20%.
October harvest:
Investor 50%.
Farmer 50%.
End of season.

For inspection, MOU & visiting: monday - sunday. 7am - 7pm.
Austin (farmer) 09050568071.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Bluescape01(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2015
Hmmm ..looks interesting tho.. Pls send your number and email ,to my mail box (damocino@yahoo.com)..so we can talk better
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2015
Bluescape01:
Hmmm ..looks interesting tho.. Pls send your number and email ,to my mail box (damocino@yahoo.com)..so we can talk better
Alpha2k@gmx.com is my email.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 4:16am On Jun 01, 2015
Pictures will be uploaded stage by stage as we take off with the loading of growbags this week.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Loading of 10,000 presently in progress. The sand loading, organic manure, nematicides and seed injection and sprouting is scheduled for june 1st to 15th.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2015
Pix 1. Loading growbags.

1 Share

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by saliubello(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
This is interesting! Im here with rapt attention
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:40am On Jun 02, 2015
Following.......
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Austin234(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2015
kinly folowing
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Theanointed3(f): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
Following
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Paulordiah(m): 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2015
WHAT spacing WILL ALLOW 10000 BAGS IN ONE ACRE
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by bolayei: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
Paulordiah:
WHAT spacing WILL ALLOW 10000 BAGS IN ONE ACRE
I do not think spacing is necessary since its grow bags...not sure though...op do the needful
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by eminikansoso(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
bolayei:
I do not think spacing is necessary since its grow bags...not sure though...op do the needful
50cm by 50cm spacing
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by wabilah: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ur no pls..let's talk am interested
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Please I need help on the procedures to be taken to grow cucumber. I wanna go the sees I bought at songhai farms but dunno how to go about it. The less is less than one plot. Tnka
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
Work in progress. Farm cleaning done while growbags laying ongoing.

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
Work in progress. Farm cleaning done while growbags laying ongoing. 09050568071

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by jethro2: 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
Alpha2k:
PART 2
METHOD:
The process require the use of grow bags and Bamboo staking on one acre.
COST:
Land preparation 30k.
Bamboo post 40k.
10,000 Loaded growbags 100k.
Agrochemicals 20k.
Seeds & fertilizer 10k.
Farm asst salary (2 months) 40k.
Logistics 10k.
Total estimate: 250k.
Great work at OP but please help me with some questions as someone that want to invest.
1. Why are you using growbags? And not planting directly?
2. What type of soil did you put in the grow bag? Is it treated soil, just any soil, loamy or sandy soil.
3. How do you intend to water the cucumber considering the irrationality of rainfall?
Is there a well nearby or borehole?
Is it drip irrigation or sprinkler?
Is it hand wetting?
4. What type of land preparation is 30k?. I meant is it uprooting of trees or clearing and burning? Is it ploughable land?
5. What quantity of bamboo do you source at N40,000? 100 pieces or more
6. What type of staking are you looking at?
7. How much with fixing the bamboo cost?
8. How many pieces of bamboo will an acre require?
9. What type of sack are you using. Is it the recomended one or an alternative source?
10. Whats the name of the agrochemicals? What will be the application rate? per week or per month or everyday? What quantity will i be using?
Is it Liquid fertilizer or NPK? Is it organic or conventional?
11. Which brand of seed are we using? Hybrid or open field? Whats the quantity requirements in grams per acre? How long did it take to germinate? What is the colour of the cucumber?
12. Is it only one farm assistance?
Will he be the one to handle the labour work for the one acre?
Or we will later need more hands.
13. Is the 10k logistic for a month or two month?
14. What will be the yield of the cucumber in tonnes or kilo or in bag?
How do we sell the cucumber?
Who are the expected buyers?
Will they come and buy on the farm or we transport to them?
What is the distance of the farm to the nearest market?
15. What will be expected price of our products if its peak period or low petiod of sales.

Sorry for the long story. But once bitten twice shy. One needs to be very very careful especially with nairaland farmers.

1 Like

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by jethro2: 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Alpha2k:
PART 3
PROJECTED MONTHLY SALES:
Sale is projected at between 500k to N1m imonthly starting from August to October 2015.
R.O.I.
August harvest:
Investor 50%.
Farmer 30%.
Running cost 20%.
September harvest:
Investor 40%.
Farmer 40%.
Running cost 20%.
October harvest:
Investor 50%.
Farmer 50%.
End of season.
For inspection, MOU & visiting: monday - sunday. 7am - 7pm.
Austin (farmer) 09050568071.
1. Is the ROI of N500k to N1m per month or for the period of 3month?
2. Are we planting in batches on the one acre or planting once?
3. How do we harvest to have 50%, 40% and 50% respectively in August, September and October.
4. Who is the farmer and how is the farmer involve ?
5. I would also love to know how you calculate the yield in bags, tonnes or kilo with the expected price in August, September and October. This will help me in calculating the ROI by myself.
Still apologising for the long questions.
Thank you
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sprouting from 1st batch of 10,000 growbags.

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by jethro2: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
Alpha2k:
Sprouting from 1st batch of 10,000 growbags.
@ Alpha. You did not attend to the concerns i expressed.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Juliana7: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
@ALPHA2k, pls we will like u to give answers to d questions JETHRO asked. Shying away from it will truly not help ur credibility about this project u want us to invest our resources.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by Alpha2k(m): 4:01am On Jul 18, 2015
Project is running. No room for this period. Dry season estimates will be released by end of august just as harvest of this ongoing one commences.
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by endy231: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
Waiting for update sir
Re: Modern Outdoor Cucumber Farm you can own near lagos with Monthly harvest. by obafunke(f): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Scam by Internet farmers

(1) (Reply)

A Comprehensive description of an intensive snail farm and snails fattening feed / Lucrative Business that could earn you millions / Strange Breed Of Fowl With Black Meat And Egg Discovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.