Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794599 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by rapthugx(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2022
RepairZone:

Your oil/fuel mix ratio is too rich with oil. Thus more soot formed have now accumulated in your exhaust. Overtime it would block the exhaust and hinder the generator's performance.

Please what is the best way to clean exhaust of I pass my neighbor that is clogged. I usually insert a long screwdriver inside to clean mine. Just thinking there could be a better way of getting everything out. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BIZZWEALTH: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2022
Description
Mercury 30kva Online UPS Inverter 3 Phase (384v)
The Mercury 30Kva Online UPS Inverter 3 Phase In and Out was designed from the ground up to provide the most reliable on-demand backup power available. If you want the ultimate protection for your mission-critical applications the Mercury transformer-based UPS Inverter series offers the best quality-price fit, giving you the opportunity to acquire high-performance power backup systems at the best market price.

Learn more : 07037451701

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sylva1(m): 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hello house, please the voltage supply from my gen is fluctuating. It fluctuates between 220+ Volts and up to 246 Volts as attached. I recently changed the AVR and serviced it. I have adjusted the carburetor valve to as low as possible, yet it still persists. What else could be done to return the voltage to the normal range?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tziz(m): 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2022
Please how much and where can I get original Piston and Rings for Sumec Firman SPG2900 gen in PH? Pic attached..

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gentlelord(m): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2022
Ebubemg:
decided to go for the normal one,got it for 190k, the people(cash and carry price was 245k) that had that blue one where calling 245k and 227k

Where did you finally get this 3.75kva? I am looking at getting a 2.5kva bobo 2800es, wanted to know the amount. You can also share their contact information.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2022
sylva1:
Hello house, please the voltage supply from my gen is fluctuating. It fluctuates between 220+ Volts and up to 246 Volts as attached. I recently changed the AVR and serviced it. I have adjusted the carburetor valve to as low as possible, yet it still persists. What else could be done to return the voltage to the normal range?
So long its fluctuating within a safe range as you have shown I see nothing to worry about.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2022
revkay:

what can be done for the running speed? is it fixable ?
Thanks!
Yes, you can adjust the screw turning it to your right to increase it.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sylva1(m): 3:31am On May 01, 2022
Is 246 Volts not too high? Before now, it's used to be stable at 220Volts, thereabouts!

Gptech:

So long its fluctuating within a safe range as you have shown I see nothing to worry about.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2022
sylva1:
Is 246 Volts not too high? Before now, it's used to be stable at 220Volts, thereabouts!

Its within safe limit.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aladeokin1000(m): 12:49pm On May 01, 2022
Please house,I have an SPG 1800 Sumec Generator, I wanted to find out if it can power my 65 inches Samsung qled TV alongside my ps4 console and two energy saving bulbs.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sylva1(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2022
But my surge protector keeps tripping off at that voltage

Gptech:

Its within safe limit.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2022
sylva1:
But my surge protector keeps tripping off at that voltage

Your surge protector is made to work that way.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by InfinixMine: 9:43pm On May 01, 2022
Generator professors

My budget is 70k please kindly recommend a good brand of generator..

Please..

Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 10:49pm On May 01, 2022
Gptech:

Your surge protector is made to work that way.

You're not giving him a good response, you know.
Your answers are contradictory.

The voltage is fine but can't power the surge protector, so what's the point?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:25pm On May 01, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

You're not giving him a good response, you know.
Your answers are contradictory.

The voltage is fine but can't power the surge protector, so what's the point?
Naaa, you are not getting it. If a voltage of 260V is unsafe and you have a surge protector, it doesn't necessarily need to wait till the voltage gets to 260V before tripping off, in many cases it does so at voltages close to the unsafe voltage.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 1:59am On May 02, 2022
Gptech:

Naaa, you are not getting it. If a voltage of 260V is unsafe and you have a surge protector, it doesn't necessarily need to wait till the voltage gets to 260V before tripping off, in many cases it does so at voltages close to the unsafe voltage.

Bros, read his complaint again.

He said his gen goes up to 246v & his surge protector trips off as a result. He wants to bring it back down to normal 220v where it doesn't trip off.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by InfinixMine: 6:34am On May 02, 2022
Don't air me

InfinixMine:
Generator professors

My budget is 70k please kindly recommend a good brand of generator..

Please..

Thank you
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by joetoocute: 6:56am On May 02, 2022
Kinldly help
joetoocute:
Good day house, please i need recommendation on a
durable gen that can comfortably power the following:
1.5 HP Ac
Fan
Laptop
Printer
And small fridge. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

He said his gen goes up to 246v & his surge protector trips off as a result. He wants to bring it back down to normal 220v where it doesn't trip off.

In my own case, the voltage supply from my Tec 3500Es gen goes below 220+ Volts to as low as 185 volts. Though it still carry my fridge , should i be worried?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2022
sylva1:
To return to normal stable voltage first check If the sound of the generator fluctuates. If it does, then the governor should be checked. If the generator sounds normal then the AVR is still the issue.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:07am On May 02, 2022
2felix:

In my own case, the voltage supply from my Tec 3500Es gen goes below 220+ Volts to as low as 185 volts. Though it still carry my fridge , should i be worried?
Your own na low voltage. You'll have issues if you want to use it to power some appliances like pumps. Have you checked the AVR?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:08am On May 02, 2022
joetoocute:
Kinldly help
At least a 3.5kva generator will do.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by emperorgwin: 9:19am On May 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:

Ok listen carefully. I understand this concern perfectly. I use Thermocool TEC IGWE 8100ES. The fluctuations experienced is simply because the frequency has dropped below 50hz. Initially when you bought the gen you had a stable voltage at say 220V +/-2V fluctuation but now it goes as high as 246V. Observe using an 80W bulb that this fluctuations doesn't fluctuate the current in the bulb. Your gen frequency should be around 45-46hz. If you run your gen without putting on a deep freezer or an AC, you will observe that the voltage is stable around 220V, but the moment you on a heavy appliance, voltage starts fluctuating to as high as 246V as in your case. This is simply because the frequency of the gen has dropped from 50hz to about 45hz and thermocool gen automatically raises the voltage to effectively power the heavy equipment. This doesn't mean other appliances won't operate safely, they will.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2022
Gptech:

Your own na low voltage. You'll have issues if you want to use it to power some appliances like pumps. Have you checked the AVR?

No i am yet to
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 10:03am On May 02, 2022
2felix:

I'm not an engineer o
I'm here to learn too that's why I didn't understand the reply gptech gave to that guy's issue.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by sylva1(m): 11:46am On May 02, 2022
Thanks bro, I wasn't too comfortable with his reply, so I searched further on YouTube and discovered that I can actually adjust the voltage supply from the AVR. There is a potentiometer at the back of the AVR which when adjusted anti-clockwise reduces the voltage supply. I did that and the voltage has normalised.
DoggoneDogg:

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by DoggoneDogg: 11:48am On May 02, 2022
sylva1:
Thanks bro, I wasn't too comfortable with his reply, so I searched further on YouTube and discovered that I can actually adjust the voltage supply from the AVR. There is a potentiometer at the back of the AVR which when adjusted anti-clockwise reduces the voltage supply. I did that and the voltage has normalised.

Wow
Nice
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2022
sylva1:
Nice! DIY is one of the best forms of knowledge, bravo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gentlelord(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2022
Great engineers in the house please help,

I just got the gen below today from Thermocool showroom.

After turning it on I noticed it makes so much noise, and when I connect only Hisense 160l Ref 222, it makes a sharp noise then stabilize, and after working, my surge protector trips and goes red.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Folahanmi19(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2022
Good day engineers, i just stumbled on this thread and i think you're doing an amazing job, God bless you.... Please my Gen is smoking too much, someone said i need to change the piston and ring or something, please is that the problem and how much will i change it
.. Thanks in advance
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BUCHUMKPA(f): 9:32pm On May 02, 2022
Pls can I use Sumen Fireman 2900 generator to repair 3000, will it work
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:02pm On May 02, 2022
Gentlelord:
Great engineers in the house please help,

I just got the gen below today from Thermocool showroom.

After turning it on I noticed it makes so much noise, and when I connect only Hisense 160l Ref 222, it makes a sharp noise then stabilize, and after working, my surge protector trips and goes red.

Dem suppose test am for you before taking it home. Check that VFT display, press the little button just below it to show the frequency. It should not be less than 50.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.