Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794964 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by edimolu(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2022
Generaloluseye:

Go to Iwo road sir
You do realize I can't just go on a goose chase to iwo road, to avoid baranda people. I know many places where they sell these things, I'm only trying to get from a reputable store. Lobatan
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Opistorincos(m): 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Good evening house.

I have a 1.5kva lingben generator that i have been using constantly for 2 years now. December 2021, I replaced its engine due to the followcome one being weak. Everything was fine until recently. The gen goes off by itself mid operation and before it comes back on, I have to clean the plug or replace the plug. According to the repairer, the plug is "not firing" and the base gets dirty. Kindly help.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Generaloluseye: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=edimolu post=112171656]
You do realize I can't just go on a goose chase to iwo road, to avoid baranda people. I know many places where they sell these things, I'm only trying to get from a reputable store. Lobatan[/quote

Ask.of thermocool office when you get to Iwo road

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Generaloluseye: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
Israeltt:

I bought it for 212k at the Iwo road showroom but the price tag on it was around 225k

What's the kva sir?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Amypriti(f): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
Please sir what could be the issue when the generator is powered on but not supplying light
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by hopefulLandlord: 7:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Amypriti:
Please sir what could be the issue when the generator is powered on but not supplying light

1. could be a problem with the sockets. either the internal socket of the generator or the external socket which you log into the generator

2 it could be the wire that connects the generator to the changeover

3. It could be the Avr or brush or both.

4 could be a coil issue
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Samwise001: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2022
Hello guys,

I just got a senwei ( sv6200e2), 2.5 kva, key start

I want to confirm how good is this product,

Anyone who Can help with such information

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2022
Samwise001:
Hello guys,

I just got a senwei ( sv6200e2), 2.5 kva, key start

I want to confirm how good is this product,

Anyone who Can help with such information
You bought it already, you should be the one to tell us how good it is. We await your review

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by vickgrad: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
do you have any idea the fuel consumption rating of this generator? how many hours can a full tank of 15 liters last for?

50desh:
Finally got this tec optima 4000es today.
Price: 194k
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Parzival001(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2022
vickgrad:
do you have any idea the fuel consumption rating of this generator? how many hours can a full tank of 15 liters last for?

Full thank is 13L but 11L recommended. On almost max load for me, it's 1L/hr
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by bignero: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2022
Generaloluseye:

What's the kva sir?

i have a question to ask you,.. Its important, please whats your mail let me ask?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by whogatti: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please can a 2.0kva gen power a 0.75hp pumping machine.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
whogatti:
Please can a 2.0kva gen power a 0.75hp pumping machine.
2kva? What's the name of the generator?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by LTRAVIS(m): 2:58am On Apr 26, 2022
space9880:
tec major and hustker are the same just different series. I'll follow your advise and leave it in default settings

How’s your tec opt 3500es ? Still gulping fuel … want to get one
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by LTRAVIS(m): 3:01am On Apr 26, 2022
olalee7:
Hi everyone, please I need your urgent and honest opinion. I'm trying to buy Thermocool gen but I don't know which one to choose between the Optima 4000ES 3.75kva and the Hustler 3500ES 3.75kva. They claim to have the same capacity. While the TEC-OPT (the blue one) is 210k, the Hustler max (yellow) is 204k. I don't care about the price difference, I just want to make sure I get the better one between the two in terms of performance, durability, low noise and fuel efficiency and so on. Please help me.

Which one did you buy …? How’s the fuel efficiency

Cc: GpTech, Suco01 and others.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ebubemg(m): 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
[quote author=LTRAVIS post=112278580][/quote]that TEC-OPT 4000ES I looked for it today and it was no where to found at there Lagos stores
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
[quote author=LTRAVIS post=112278580][/quote]

They are same but for fancy and the VFT display go for the optima.. that last time I bought it, was 190k a month ago
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by LTRAVIS(m): 11:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
suco01:

They are same but for fancy and the VFT display go for the optima.. that last time I bought it, was 190k a month ago

Ok… what I’ve seen so far is this Tec major 3500es,I don’t know if it can take both 1.5hp air conditioner and 350ltrs freezer
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by LTRAVIS(m): 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ebubemg:
that TEC-OPT 4000ES I looked for it today and it was no where to found at there Lagos stores
Yea it’s scarce
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Got this brand new gen about 2 weeks ago. A Bruhm 2.5kva generator for approximately 136k.I wanted to have a feel of it before giving it a review here. I'm going to be honest and factual about the pros and cons of this gen and this will help other prospective buyers to decide.
Pros :
1. 100 percent copper confirmed.
2.Power output is very strong. Carries my medium sized fridge, 1000w lg home theater, 32inch TV, standing fan, 850w blender and some energy saving bulbs inside and outside the home same time. Though when I tried to iron my clothes the sound changed but it carries it too.
3. Has a limited warranty for a year. If it develops any issues, it can be fixed for free. Bought it from laundromat, an authorised distributor.
Has an AVR switch to automatically regulate your power and protect your appliances.
4. Even though it's a manual gen, it starts with just one pull. Since I've been using it for the past 2 weeks, I no pass 2 pulls max.

Cons:
1. The Gen is a bit louder than your average generator of same kva power At 75db, that's loud for me compared to a lutian 3kva generator of 67db noise level. I'm yet to tweek the throttle though to reduce noise level.
2. It's quite bulky and heavy to move around. Has no wheels.
3. It's a new gen in the market, hence parts may be scarce for now if u are not buying from authorised distributors.

Verdict : If u don't mind the noise level and the bulky and heavy nature of the gen and also the fact that it is relatively new in the market, though the brand is well known for making quality air conditioners like thermocool, u can go for it. You can as well do your own independent research on it. It has the electric variant which is 2.7kva and more expensive. The choice is yours.
I will give more detailed review as time goes.
The Tec 2kva thermocool gen was my first choice, but it was really scarce then, so I opted for this.

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Israeltt: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2022
edimolu:

You do realize I can't just go on a goose chase to iwo road, to avoid baranda people. I know many places where they sell these things, I'm only trying to get from a reputable store. Lobatan

Thermocool showroom opposite SAO filling station along Idi Ape-Iwo Road axis. The place is very conspicuous. I bought mine there

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Israeltt: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2022
Generaloluseye:

What's the kva sir?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Generaloluseye: 9:08am On Apr 27, 2022
bignero:

i have a question to ask you,.. Its important, please whats your mail let me ask?

Sessy002@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 2felix(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2022
donshady:

Change of OIl
Change of Sparkplugs.
clean Air Filter.

if you use 4hours daily then you can change oil every month and clean your spark plug.
Read my previous post or few pages back where i mentioned the fuel consumption.
Please how do you clean the air filter?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by revkay: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
Good afternoon house , I need your expert advice please
My Firman gen 6.5kva , less than 2 years old, is siginicantly weak capacity wise .
It used to be able to power 2 ACs , fridge and the rest of my gadgets no problems . But over 3 months now , it hardly powers half of my gadgets.

PS. I should add that I use it for long periods at a time , basically anytime NEPA goes off .

My questions
- is this a common occurence with generators i.e do they get weak over time
- is there anything I can do to restore its lost power (or time to get a new one?)

thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
2felix:

Please how do you clean the air filter?
The procedure is written on the air filter cover, just bend down and read grin.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
revkay:
My Firman gen 6.5kva , less than 2 years old, is siginicantly weak capacity wise .
It used to be able to power 2 ACs , fridge and the rest of my gadgets no problems . But over 3 months now , it hardly powers half of my gadgets.

PS. I should add that I use it for long periods at a time , basically anytime NEPA goes off .

My questions
- is there anything I can do to restore its lost power (or time to get a new one?)

thanks.
Have you called anyone to service it? How often do you change oil? Its possible the running speed has reduced drastically.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ebubemg(m): 8:03am On Apr 28, 2022
Ebubemg:
that TEC-OPT 4000ES I looked for it today and it was no where to found at there Lagos stores
decided to go for the normal one,got it for 190k, the people(cash and carry price was 245k) that had that blue one where calling 245k and 227k

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by revkay: 10:14am On Apr 28, 2022
Yes , I have had Firman affiliated engineer service it a few times , last month even. I change the oil every 2 weeks.
what can be done for the running speed? is it fixable ?
Thanks!
Gptech:

Have you called anyone to service it? How often do you change oil? Its possible the running speed has reduced drastically.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Generaloluseye: 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ebubemg:
decided to go for the normal one,got it for 190k, the people(cash and carry price was 245k) that had that blue one where calling 245k and 227k

Pls what is the difference between the blue and yellow one
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by joetoocute: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2022
Good day house, please i need recommendation on a
durable gen that can comfortably power the following:
1.5 HP Ac
Fan
Laptop
Printer
And small fridge. Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Benwems(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2022
revkay:

My questions

thanks.

I have a few questions

are the 2 air conditioners power saving AC (inverter AC)

do you make use of both Air conditioners at the same time ??

how many horse power are the air conditioner?

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.