Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (785140 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 3:59pm On Mar 22
Nakedman:

Don't buy Thermocool. They don't last. Go for Firman

Mine has.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nakedman: 4:31pm On Mar 22
aieromon:

Mine has.

Which of the thermocool do you use and how long have you been using it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22
Nakedman:

Which of the thermocool do you use and how long have you been using it?

TEC Optima 7500RS since March 2020.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nakedman: 6:07pm On Mar 22
aieromon:

TEC Optima 7500RS since March 2020.

I used the hustler Series 3.75kva. In Just 1year, I changed AVR, The coil and armature got burnt, I had to recoil the gen. The engine was consuming oil as if its life depends on it, the silencer got torn that I had to get a welder to weld it together everything was falling apart. In the end, I had to give it out. I bought firman FPG4800 E2 the following day, operating on the same load as thermocool, serviced with the same oil,(total sae40 or 20w50) and it's 16months now, Firman is running fine, the only thing i changed in firman was the petrol tap because it was not closing properly. That is my honest review.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by olaboyeh(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23
Nakedman:

If you like yourself, Better buy inverter A/C.. You can go for Scanfrost 74% energy saving. For the Generator, Just buy Sumec FPG4800E2 it's parts are readily available and it works well. I have been using it for over 16months now and i use it for atleast 10hrs daily everyday. And it's going strong. grin grin grin. I service with sae 40 Total Oil every 20days.

Inverter AC is expensive o
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nakedman: 9:07pm On Mar 23
olaboyeh:

Inverter AC is expensive o

Find a way and buy it if you want to use Air condition even if it's a fairly used one. That's the advise i can give you.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Bellalight: 10:43pm On Mar 23
Hello everyone
2nd time posting this:

Please what is the price range of repairing armature and excited for an elepaq generator?

Maybe at oyingbo or anywhere.

Also, the price of fireman AVR and brush

Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chuks239: 6:41pm On Mar 24
Hi everyone, my second time of making this post 😔pls i need a respond... who kns about this generator called Sunshow SS3600, is it good and reliable?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Bankyshinani(m): 11:44am On Mar 25
Good afternoon all,
What type of generator is good to run a 1hp submersible pumping machine and a fridge?
That's going to just be the what the generator will be doing?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Entanglement: 11:56am On Mar 25
Nakedman:

Don't buy Thermocool. They don't last. Go for Firman
who told you this lie? undecided

Mine that have been using for more than 4yrs with little or no repairs undecided

Firman that the fake is all over than the original!
You can't even differentiate fake firman from the original, and even authorised seller are replacing the original with fake.

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Nakedman: 12:37pm On Mar 25
Entanglement:
who told you this lie? undecided

Mine that have been using for more than 4yrs with little or no repairs undecided

Firman that the fake is all over than the original!
You can't even differentiate fake firman from the original, and even authorised seller are replacing the original with fake.

I have used both of them and I still stand on the point that Firman is better than thermocool in every aspect. When it's time for repairs on your thermocool, that is when your lamentations will start because you won't get their parts. Concerning the fake/original palava, Buyers should buy from authorized dealer or buy from their website.. Every part of firman is engraved with Firman so it's easy to spot the fakes.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Entanglement: 2:27pm On Mar 25
Nakedman:

I have used both of them and I still stand on the point that Firman is better than thermocool in every aspect. When it's time for repairs on your thermocool, that is when your lamentations will start because you won't get their parts. Concerning the fake/original palava, Buyers should buy from authorized dealer or buy from their website.. Every part of firman is engraved with Firman so it's easy to spot the fakes.
oga part dey everywhere!
I have even contacted their service engineer for someone's hustler and they fit it with the required part!

And mind you! Other part can work on thermocol gen! So please stop spreading this false lies

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jummymine(f): 3:47pm On Mar 25
Hello,everyone!
Please can I go for this generator?
It's UK used

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jummymine(f): 8:13am On Mar 27
Please,can someone help me with this?
I dont want to buy and regret later.
Jummymine:
Hello,everyone!
It's UK used
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Entanglement: 9:07am On Mar 27
Jummymine:
what I know if I may be wrong, 7.2kva gen are usually bigger!
This particular gen can't be 7.2kva! Hence maybe fake

I have never seen a medium size 7.2kva generator most 7.2kva gen are usually bigger because of their engines size!

This should be the first sign of a fake generator!
And mind you! There is nothing like London use generator
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 10:16am On Mar 27
Jummymine:
People can only give you informed opinion based on their usage of a Generator, i would suggest you watch Youtube videos of this particular gen to get more info.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 12:14pm On Mar 27
Jummymine:
Hello,everyone!
It's UK used

Predator is a US brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQaTE3v85bY?si=_ItTLeqXea1xDhpr

Contact michlins for more information.

michlins:
go and find predator generator. I personally use it for heavy duty welding and haven't changed plug.

michlins:
double your budget for something really good. I got this one called predator. It's a foreign used but trust me, it's almost over a year of steady usage and I only buy engine oil.

Many people who bought after I did,(all these China imported) have either replaced or managing their own. And it's used for welding works

I got it from this nairaland sef
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 12:20pm On Mar 27
Entanglement:
what I know if I may be wrong, 7.2kva gen are usually bigger!
This particular gen can't be 7.2kva! Hence maybe fake

I have never seen a medium size 7.2kva generator most 7.2kva gen are usually bigger because of their engines size!

This should be the first sign of a fake generator!
And mind you! There is nothing like London use generator
look at how someone is speaking from a place of ignorance and doing it proudly too

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michlins(m): 12:22pm On Mar 27
Jummymine:
Hello,everyone!
It's UK used
go for it. I use it at my workshop for welding works

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Entanglement: 12:24pm On Mar 27
michlins:
look at how someone is speaking from a place of ignorance and doing it proudly too
I said I maybe wrong 🤔

You could have educate us instead of spewing rubbish about ignorance and proud! undecided
Everybody is ignorant of one or two things undecided

You people can't just talk without insult. What is wrong with your brain?
Is it that your brain is full of iron and oil?

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Charley2020: 3:34pm On Mar 27
I just bought an SPG 3000 Firman generator, and I'm wondering how often people service big generators that have a separate engine oil compartment.

I've only ever owned an "I pass my neighbor" generator (the type that requires a gasoline/engine oil mixture to run), and it needed servicing every 3 weeks when used daily.

Please if you have a generator that has a separate oil compartment, let me know how often you use and service it.

Note: Servicing = opening up the generator and removing the carbon deposits, not changing the oil.

Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 3:50pm On Mar 27
Charley2020:
I just bought an SPG 3000 Firman generator, and I'm wondering how often people service big generators that have a separate engine oil compartment.

I've only ever owned an "I pass my neighbor" generator (the type that requires a gasoline/engine oil mixture to run), and it needed servicing every 3 weeks when used daily.

Please if you have a generator that has a separate oil compartment, let me know how often you use and service it.

Note: Servicing = opening up the generator and removing the carbon deposits, not changing the oil.

Thanks
Read your manual. Since the gen is new, your first time oil change should be more sudden than normal. Some manufacturers require you to do this after using the gen for 40 hours, check yours. After the first change, you can do subsequent change of oil after 60-70 hours, also depends on what you have in your manual.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27
Charley2020:

Thanks
its almost 2 years have een using that SPG3000 I haven't open anything except plug cleaning and change abd changing oil...you dont need all those you mention as long as you are changing oil...

The surprising thing is my key starter is working for almost 2yrs now

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Charley2020: 5:41pm On Mar 27
Gptech:

Read your manual. Since the gen is new, your first time oil change should be more sudden than normal. Some manufacturers require you to do this after using the gen for 40 hours, check yours. After the first change, you can do subsequent change of oil after 60-70 hours, also depends on what you have in your manual.

Thanks. Mine says after the first 20 hours, and every 100 hours subsequently.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Charley2020: 5:44pm On Mar 27
fijiano202:
its almost 2 years have een using that SPG3000 I haven't open anything except plug cleaning and change abd changing oil...you dont need all those you mention as long as you are changing oil...

The surprising thing is my key starter is working for almost 2yrs now

Nice. Mine has a manual starter.

The manual says to clean the air filter after every 50 hours of use and combustion chamber after every 300 hours.

Is it OK to ask a mechanic to clean the air filter and combustion chamber for me like twice a year even if the gen is working perfectly?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 7:53pm On Mar 27
Charley2020:

Nice. Mine has a manual starter.

The manual says to clean the air filter after every 50 hours of use and combustion chamber after every 300 hours.

Is it OK to ask a mechanic to clean the air filter and combustion chamber for me like twice a year even if the gen is working perfectly?
and change coil every 100 hrs..have never clean combustion chamber before
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Charley2020: 11:27pm On Mar 27
fijiano202:
and change coil every 100 hrs..have never clean combustion chamber before
What about the air filter? Do you clean it yourself? How easy is it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28
Charley2020:

Everything is in the manual, just read. To clean just wash with warm water and soap, rinse with warm water then dry. When its completely dried of water, soak it in clean engine oil, squeeze (take note, dont twist it, you'll end up damaging it if you do) out the oil, then put back into the gen.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Charley2020: 6:11am On Mar 29
Gptech:

Everything is in the manual, just read. To clean just wash with warm water and soap, rinse with warm water then dry. When its completely dried of water, soak it in clean engine oil, squeeze (take note, dont twist it, you'll end up damaging it if you do) out the oil, then put back into the gen.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 10:54pm On Mar 29
Charley2020:

very very easy

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 10:56pm On Mar 29
Gptech:

this is not in the manual.....

Manual said wash not dip in engine oil

Why would you dip it in Engine oil when you just washed off Engine oil
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jummymine(f): 12:22am On Mar 30
Thank you so much for this review.
How is the fuel usage?is it fuel efficiency?
aieromon:

Predator is a US brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQaTE3v85bY?si=_ItTLeqXea1xDhpr

Contact michlins for more information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.