Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (785336 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Openair: 9:52am On Jan 20
aieromon:

Consider replacing the carburettor.

Okay chief. Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by fijiano202(m): 3:08pm On Jan 20
aieromon:

grin grin

What do you think you have been doing all this while?

Add air filter cleaning to your preventative maintenance and use quality engine oil.

thanks boss
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by brian91(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22
Yamleg:
I have an armature coil for sale.
Goes for 20k
Sango ota - agbara axis.

Is this still available?
Could you drop your contact
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Yamleg: 9:29pm On Jan 22
brian91:

Is this still available?
Could you drop your contact

Still available. o81468o9 44 9

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Lordkobes: 10:40pm On Jan 22
Hello, pls I have a sumec spg3000 series and I have been having issues with it.

It goes off by itself even when the fuel is at halftank.sometimes it comes on for 30mins to 2hrs tops. It usually goes off like the gen is running out of fuel meanwhile the fuel in the tank should last about 6hours.

I have serviced the carburettor and changed the plug same issues still persists. Anybody in the house that can advise on what to do thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 10:46pm On Jan 22
Lordkobes:
Hello, pls I have a sumec spg3000 series and I have been having issues with it.

It goes off by itself even when the fuel is at halftank.sometimes it comes on for 30mins to 2hrs tops. It usually goes off like the gen is running out of fuel meanwhile the fuel in the tank should last about 6hours.

I have serviced the carburettor and changed the plug same issues still persists. Anybody in the house that can advise on what to do thanks

Consider replacing the carburettor.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by CAROLYN19: 10:20am On Jan 23
For your Industrial Power equipment such as Gaston Batteries, Stavol Stabilizers, Emerson UPS, Leums UPS ,Xantrex Inverters , Artronics & Outback Inverters, call us on 08066332919. We have Offices in Lagos and Abuja

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Emaprince: 9:33pm On Feb 01
aieromon:

2.5kva is 2000W which is sufficient to handle your power load.

If you must purchase from Jumia, make sure the product is from their official store account.

I recommend Thermocool.
Do you know how one can get parts of thermocool generators? It's seems quite hard to find anywhere...not even in their own outlets/showroom

I have a 3.75kva thermocool which I bought last two years. Seeing any of its parts have been difficult as it recently started having issues. Currently, the engine seems to be almost gone and I want to get a half engine as advised by the repairer. He even said the half engine he might buy for me won't be a thermocool product. That's worrisome to me.

I have also gone to the showroom where I bought it, and they gave a resounding NO to my inquiry of the parts

Where can I get one...and like how much can it cost now?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 10:05pm On Feb 01
Emaprince:
Do you know how one can get parts of thermocool generators? It's seems quite hard to find anywhere...not even in their own outlets/showroom

I have a 3.75kva thermocool which I bought last two years. Seeing any of its parts have been difficult as it recently started having issues. Currently, the engine seems to be almost gone and I want to get a half engine as advised by the repairer. He even said the half engine he might buy for me won't be a thermocool product. That's worrisome to me.

I have also gone to the showroom where I bought it, and they gave a resounding NO to my inquiry of the parts

Where can I get one...and like how much can it cost now?

The repairer is right. You can't get a replacement Thermocool engine.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Emaprince: 6:57am On Feb 02
aieromon:

Hmm.... This means I won't be buying any other thermocool product if they can't make the parts availlable. Not every problem requires disposing the current one to buy a new one....especially in Nigerian current situation where one have to be careful in his management of money.

Normally I would have considered buying a new one. But the price have gone up from 170k ( which I bought it) to over 400k now. And half engine is just over 100k...so I decided to go for a half engine.

Maybe I will resign to the repairers intention of buying another product. I just hope it fits and works very well with it.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sulejamade: 11:57am On Feb 02
aieromon:

Bro, I bought a thermocool 10kva yesterday. on trying it this morning, I realized the remote starter key is not starting it. When I press it, the red light on the remote flashes, but the gen does not respond at all.

I want to know if I am doing something wrong, or if the remote is bad and I should go back to the store
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 1:21pm On Feb 02
Sulejamade:

Bro, I bought a thermocool 10kva yesterday. on trying it this morning, I realized the remote starter key is not starting it. When I press it, the red light on the remote flashes, but the gen does not respond at all.

I want to know if I am doing something wrong, or if the remote is bad and I should go back to the store

Check the generator battery. The remote works fine if the red indicator light comes on.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sulejamade: 1:24pm On Feb 02
aieromon:

Check the generator battery. The remote works fine if the red indicator light comes on.

But the generator starts with the onboard button. Just not the remote.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 1:32pm On Feb 02
Sulejamade:

But the generator starts with the onboard button. Just not the remote.

If you press the ON button on the remote at a close range and the generator fails to respond, I suggest you return it to the dealer. The remote start sensor on the generator might be faulty.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Emaprince: 3:22pm On Feb 02
Sulejamade:

How much did you buy this gen?

I've been considering getting something bigger than the one have currently
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sulejamade: 3:28pm On Feb 02
Emaprince:
How much did you buy this gen?

I've been considering getting something bigger than the one have currently

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chimzy4real: 1:42am On Feb 03
Please I am at the verge of getting a new generator tomorrow which can comfortably power a 1hp Dual inverter AC.

I am looking at the Sumec firman FPG 3800 or SPG3000 series 2.5kva, Thermocool 3.75kva. (please also factor in maintenance wise)

Please kindly advice. Is this Okay to run the AC, 1.5 or 1hp dual inverter, 65inches tv, pc and desktop screen, Hisense 8kg inverter washing machine. They do not have to run concurrently.

Your replies will go a long way before prices shoot up again.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Easyjay: 6:11am On Feb 04
anyone knows how good and reliable are ELEPAQ gasoline generators?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by 08dominic: 6:21am On Feb 04
I need help on the type and in terms of capacity of generator to buy.

I have a 3.5kva inverter plus 4 (12v 220ah) batteries setup. I want to be able to charge the batteries comfortable with my generator and maybe plus pumping machine once in a while.

which would you advice please. Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Chimzy4real: 7:44pm On Feb 04
Please can anyone help with this

Chimzy4real:
Please I am at the verge of getting a new generator tomorrow which can comfortably power a 1hp Dual inverter AC.

I am looking at the Sumec firman FPG 3800 or SPG3000 series 2.5kva, Thermocool 3.75kva. (please also factor in maintenance wise)

Please kindly advice. Is this Okay to run the AC, 1.5 or 1hp dual inverter, 65inches tv, pc and desktop screen, Hisense 8kg inverter washing machine. They do not have to run concurrently.

Your replies will go a long way before prices shoot up again.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Sulejamade: 4:44pm On Feb 05
aieromon:

If you press the ON button on the remote at a close range and the generator fails to respond, I suggest you return it to the dealer. The remote start sensor on the generator might be faulty.

I called them, they called thermocool, and thermocool sent a service man to my location. The problem ended up being the remote, and they replaced it thanks.

One question: if I want to use the remote start without leaving the house, that means I have to leave to fuel house and circuit breaker on, hope these won't cause any problems in the long run
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05
Sulejamade:

One question: if I want to use the remote start without leaving the house, that means I have to leave to fuel house and circuit breaker on, hope these won't cause any problems in the long run

Mine has been in the ON position since 2020. Avoid running the generator on empty tank and you should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by EmmanuelCena(m): 6:19am On Feb 06
nwaozzugwor:

Check the valve...let them ground it and set...

Only if you are sure the above listed things have been done properly..

Good morning bosses.
So I converted my Sumec Fireman FPG4800E2 to the Gas Carburettor and it's been fine for over 4 months now.

I noticed that The generator suddenly drops power for like 6 seconds and goes back to normal. This continued for about 2 days.

However, Yesterday, I noticed it dropped power to around 140 V for about 1 minute and did not return to the usual power to about 220V.

However, when I put it off and started it again, It started running at the usual 220V , but soon dropped to around 140V again.

Could it be that that part where one reduces the voltage flow if faulty?
Or could it be the gas supply ?

PS: As at when I purchased it newly, I used to notice very slight variations in the light ... I noticed this thought the light on the bulb.
I however shrugged it off since it was extremely slight variations.

Please, What could be the issue ?

Cc:
nwaozzugwor

enochogaga
Gptech
Aieromon
Suco01
Repairzone
Earthrealm
nwaozzugwor
enochogaga

Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06
EmmanuelCena:

Good morning bosses.
So I converted my Sumec Fireman FPG4800E2 to the Gas Carburettor and it's been fine for over 4 months now.

I noticed that The generator suddenly drops power for like 6 seconds and goes back to normal. This continued for about 2 days.

However, Yesterday, I noticed it dropped power to around 140 V for about 1 minute and did not return to the usual power to about 220V.

However, when I put it off and started it again, It started running at the usual 220V , but soon dropped to around 140V again.

Could it be that that part where one reduces the voltage flow if faulty?
Or could it be the gas supply ?

PS: As at when I purchased it newly, I used to notice very slight variations in the light ... I noticed this thought the light on the bulb.
I however shrugged it off since it was extremely slight variations.

Please, What could be the issue ?

Cc:
nwaozzugwor

enochogaga
Gptech
Aieromon
Suco01
Repairzone
Earthrealm
nwaozzugwor
enochogaga

Thanks

Check your AVR

4 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Lowlah1623: 8:18pm On Feb 14
Hello everyone. Such an amazing thread here. Please I know you may have gotten this question over and over again but please I need advise on a gen to buy,fuel efficient too ooo,preferably 3.5kva,just to carry TV fridge and my thermocool deep freezer. Someone recommend corolla to my hubby and am like, hollup 😒 which one is corolla again?! Abeg has anyone used this? I can't find any reviews. The heat in this Lagos is smh please this is urgent. We have been using this thermocool Gen for over 10 years now but the thing is choping fuel! Economy isn't smiling either. Please I need advise on genuine brands. We once used a fireman ruby line, not
sure if it still exists. I can't tag all the handles but abeg🙏. Help a toddler mum.
@enochogaga
@Gptech
@Aieromon
@Suco01
@Repairzone
@Earthrealm
@nwaozzugwor
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 12:12am On Feb 15
Lowlah1623:
Hello everyone. Such an amazing thread here. Please I know you may have gotten this question over and over again but please I need advise on a gen to buy,fuel efficient too ooo,preferably 3.5kva,just to carry TV fridge and my thermocool deep freezer. Someone recommend corolla to my hubby and am like, hollup 😒 which one is corolla again?! Abeg has anyone used this? I can't find any reviews. The heat in this Lagos is smh please this is urgent. We have been using this thermocool Gen for over 10 years now but the thing is choping fuel! Economy isn't smiling either. Please I need advise on genuine brands. We once used a fireman ruby line, not
sure if it still exists. I can't tag all the handles but abeg🙏. Help a toddler mum.
@enochogaga
@Gptech
@Aieromon
@Suco01
@Repairzone
@Earthrealm
@nwaozzugwor
Forget that corolla. Go for Thermocool, Firman or Maxi. Since you are talking about fuel economy, if your freezer is not too big, get a 2.5kva gen instead.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15
Gptech:

Forget that corolla. Go for Thermocool, Firman or Maxi. Since you are talking about fuel economy, if your freezer is not too big, get a 2.5kva gen instead.

I thought that you people were saying that Thermocool gen spare parts no dey again?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Openair: 2:21pm On Feb 16
Good day Bosses, please my 'I beta pass my neighbour' generator now goes off by itself after about 2 hour of usage, I then leave it to cool for awhile then turn it on and it'd last about an hour or even lesser .
Please what should I do? I even added oil to the fuel inside the tank and still it's same thing. I noticed it yesterday and same thing again today.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16
GabrielYulaw:

I thought that you people were saying that Thermocool gen spare parts no dey again?
Na similar parts dem dey use. Which part in particular are you referring to?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16
GabrielYulaw:

Spare parts are available. Thermocool will not sell a replacement half or full engine. They prefer you buy a brand new generating set instead.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by aieromon(m): 4:54pm On Feb 16
Openair:
Good day Bosses, please my 'I beta pass my neighbour' generator now goes off by itself after about 2 hour of usage, I then leave it to cool for awhile then turn it on and it'd last about an hour or even lesser .
Please what should I do? I even added oil to the fuel inside the tank and still it's same thing. I noticed it yesterday and same thing again today.

This thread is for you
https://www.nairaland.com/6920744/abc-tiger-generator-pass-neighbour
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16
Gptech:

Na similar parts dem dey use. Which part in particular are you referring to?

No part in particular. Just been hearing a few folks here complain of lack of spare parts availability.

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos. / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.