Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One (40551 Views)

Save Money This Xmas!!! Swap Your Old Phone With New Phone / 800 Years Old Phone Discovered In Austria Gives Proof Of Ancient Civilization / Why Don't You Swap Your Old Phone For A Brand New One With MTN Trade-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by YMCgyna(m): 10:32am On May 28, 2015
My 3 months note 3....wanna change to s6.....how much wil it cost?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by ray48: 4:38pm On May 28, 2015
Can they swap tablets?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Macmilla(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2015
psalmyY:

It doesn't matter if it wasn't bought from SLOT, but it matters that it doesn't have a receipt. You need to have a receipt for the phone to do this.
And what if I bought the phone from Konga 2yrs ago? Do they expect me to still have the piece of paper that came with it?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by baba11(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2015
Macmilla:

And what if I bought the phone from Konga 2yrs ago? Do they expect me to still have the piece of paper that came with it?
I don't have receipt for mine and it was bought in slot....do I have any hope?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2015
Enypie:

Pls, can i swap two old phones for one?

You can get two vouchers for the two phones and probably combine them to get a new one.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:31pm On May 28, 2015
YMCgyna:
My 3 months note 3....wanna change to s6.....how much wil it cost?

The Matrix Rep at the SLOT stores will be able to tell you how much they think your Note 3 is currently worth after valuation.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:42pm On May 28, 2015
ray48:
Can they swap tablets?

Sorry, I don't have that answer. You may find out from their online support at slot.ng
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:43pm On May 28, 2015
Macmilla:

I believe that piece of paper is always important, even if not for SLOT Buy-Back.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:45pm On May 28, 2015
baba11:

I don't have receipt for mine and it was bought in slot....do I have any hope?

Receipt was one of the criteria they listed. I believe it's just to strongly ensure that people don't steal other people's phones, run to present it to them so they can get new ones.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 28, 2015
psalmyY:

You can get two vouchers for the two phones and probably combine them to get a new one.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Macmilla(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2015
psalmyY:

I believe that piece of paper is always important, even if not for SLOT Buy-Back.
But you know that piece of paper does not contain the serial number. So it's not proof of purchase.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by baba11(m): 12:09pm On May 29, 2015
psalmyY:

Receipt was one of the criteria they listed. I believe it's just to strongly ensure that people don't steal other people's phones, run to present it to them so they can get new ones.
Since slot has records/ databases of all their sales,I'll sort myself out when I get there...
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Akamo5(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2015
pls how much will infinix zero worth after valuation
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:30pm On May 30, 2015
baba11:

Since slot has records/ databases of all their sales,I'll sort myself out when I get there...

That's nice. Good luck.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 11:33pm On May 30, 2015
Akamo5:
pls how much will infinix zero worth after valuation

Only the Matrix Reps at the stores can give you the best answer. Besides, prices will defer depending on state, age of individual phones.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by dominique(f): 8:30am On May 31, 2015
Nice concept. I'll take my phone to the Slot branch I got it from and see how much it's worth. Too bad that it recently got a small crack on the corner of the screen, even with that I should be able to get a good deal.
@psalmyY, can one add accessories like charger and earpiece to boost the value of the phone?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nastydroid(m): 10:16am On May 31, 2015
Any successful transaction?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by psalmyY(m): 12:46am On Jun 01, 2015
dominique:
Nice concept. I'll take my phone to the Slot branch I got it from and see how much it's worth. Too bad that it recently got a small crack on the corner of the screen, even with that I should be able to get a good deal.
@psalmyY, can one add accessories like charger and earpiece to boost the value of the phone?

Hmm, that would have really been nice; unfortunately, I don't have an idea. Could you try and post a feedback here later?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by dominique(f): 5:09am On Jun 01, 2015
psalmyY:

Hmm, that would have really been nice; unfortunately, I don't have an idea. Could you try and post a feedback here later?

I'll go there later this week and give you a feedback.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2015
psalmyY:
Exchange your old phone for a new one in slot

The Slot trade-in is currently on in all the stores in Lagos, Abuja, Abeokuta and PortHarcourt

How it Works:
You simply bring in your old phone to any of the stores and present it to a Matrix (Matrix is the company SLOT is partnering with to make this happen) Rep, fill a form to tell the phone's present state.
The Rep inspects it and values it.
If the price is okay by you, you get a voucher for that amount.
Then you add some more money to what you have on the voucher to get a new one

I hope they won't price my phone for 2k5?
Well, they didn't disclose how they will arrive at the values for the phones, but phones such as the iPhone 5 (working one) will get a minimum value of N65,000 while BlackBerry Passport will be N75,000.

Find out more about the SLOT Buy-Back here

i don't think the bolded is true. iphone 5 for 65k maybe you meant 5S
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by dominique(f): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
My people I don go come o. So I took my Samsung grand neo which I got for 34k barely 3 months ago to exchange for Samsung grand prime which currently costs 35k. The lady just took a look at the phone and asked me to add 27k. Meaning they're buying the phone for just 8k. I told her not to bother and I left the place. I knew they were going to under price the phone but not this much. Someone else can give it a try sha.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Olammy76(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
dominique:
My people I don go come o. So I took my Samsung grand neo which I got for 34k barely 3 months ago to exchange for Samsung grand prime which currently costs 35k. The lady just took a look at the phone and asked me to add 27k. Meaning they're buying the phone for just 8k. I told her not to bother and I left the place. I knew they were going to under price the phone but not this much. Someone else can give it a try sha.
pls did dey ask for receipt?
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
my gionee m2 dey go
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by dominique(f): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Olammy76:
pls did dey ask for receipt?

Not at all. She just took a look at the phone and told me how much it's worth. Maybe if I had agreed to the transaction, she would have asked for receipt or any kind of evidence.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by ddjay: 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Wat if u use court affidavit/police report to confirm its ur phone if don't have a receipt
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Electronzeez(m): 12:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Nice thread op but slot-matrix currently swap blackberry, samsung, apple and nokia. Though there are plans to provide services for other brands soonest.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Electronzeez(m): 12:16am On Jul 24, 2015
dominique:

@Bolded point to why she might have priced your phone for 8k. Be inform that cost of fixing the crack screen will be considered when pricing your phone. I,e if the intended price she is to give you is 20k and it cost 10k to fix the screen such amount will be deducted from the 20k.
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by dominique(f): 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Electronzeez:

@Bolded point to why she might have priced your phone for 8k. Be inform that cost of fixing the crack screen will be considered when pricing your phone. I,e if the intended price she is to give you is 20k and it cost 10k to fix the screen such amount will be deducted from the 20k.

Yes I figured as much
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by oluwafemi4371: 7:17am On Nov 08, 2016
pls I want to swap my hot note to not3
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by Chiscomax(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Will they ask me for receipt? Me I do not know where that document is
Re: All You Need To Know About SLOT Trade-in: Exchange Your Old Phone For A New One by uyisteven(m): 12:50am On Nov 18, 2016
what if you did some changes to the casing and touvhpad of your old phone to appear as new....Would they still collect it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Cheap 4G LTE Phones You Can Buy For Less Than 50k / New Codes For Checking Your Current Call Tariff Plans On All Network / TECNO Camon 15 Series Unveiling: Images And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.