Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,555 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1048324 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 1:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
nurseafrica:

Please run away from university of wollongong, please the town only sucks students dry, no jobs, no anything, please, their major income is students, please don't say I didn't warn you. And Nigerians here are very unhelpful. Please go to brisbane, sidney, malbourne, please , please

Na wa o, So it's this bad?! How much did u pay for accommodation to start with?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
bellong:

I think with the MBA, it should fly.
Gooday, I still await my tourism visa bit I want to help.my elder brother through the PR route he has a B.Ed in Guidance and counselling he will be 34 by dis June not written any English test he has worked with the psychology board in kano for nysc and well in our family company as a risk cousellor and also in a primary school as a welfare officer. We HV checked jobs as a counsellor be will be assessed by VETASSES which HV bin hvin issues with people here saying they don't asses our bachelor degree well(my brother got to university via direct entry meanin he even used 3yrs) the other occupation welfare officer is assesed by ACWA dnt think anyone here has bin assessed by them...plz advice...he HS started prepin for pte tho
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Swimgood,

What did he study prior to getting admission via direct entry and which university?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bhanjjie: 2:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
Brizzy

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
bellong:
Swimgood,

What did he study prior to getting admission via direct entry and which university?

More like an A'Level package, predegree(Ogun state cooperative college Abeokuta affiliated to olabisi onabanjo university) u know how naija admission dey be Na he wanted to study banking and finance or sociology..but didn't make the cut off so he was given guidance and couselling in OSU(olabisi onabanjo university).that's the school he finished from
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Swimgood:

More like an A'Level package, predegree(Ogun state cooperative college Abeokuta affiliated to olabisi onabanjo university) u know how naija admission dey be Na he wanted to study banking and finance or sociology..but didn't make the cut off so he was given guidance and couselling in OSU(olabisi onabanjo university).that's the school he finished from

Funny enough, OSU is part of the schools VETASSES asseses positively but with the three years, I don't know. He will need to add his diploma. In addition, you should confirm if there is no registration requirements with the body in charge of counsellors.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
bellong:

Funny enough, OSU is part of the schools VETASSES asseses positively but with the three years, I don't know. He will need to add his diploma. In addition, you should confirm if there is no registration requirements with the body in charge of counsellors.
That 3 years na d wahala too plus the forst college aint a diploma school its just like preliminaries like A' Level...that's why we started lookin at the welfare worker as an alternative their site is a little bit friendly that is the ACWA that assess welfare workers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Swimgood:

That 3 years na d wahala too plus the forst college aint a diploma school its just like preliminaries like A' Level...that's why we started lookin at the welfare worker as an alternative their site is a little bit friendly that is the ACWA that assess welfare workers

Check their requirements. You can also check if you need a BSc to work as a counsellor. Some occupations require only a diploma

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
bellong:

Check their requirements. You can also check if you need a BSc to work as a counsellor. Some occupations require only a diploma
I have it is diploma or higher but everything needs to be sent online but most schools here don't give transcript by hand how do we go pasf this one o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Curiousalexy: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hello house
Please has anyone applied for community worker( 411711) nomination lately and did you get a positive response ?
Will appreciate a response
Thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bellong: 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
Swimgood:

I have it is diploma or higher but everything needs to be sent online but most schools here don't give transcript by hand how do we go pasf this one o

You have nothing to fear since diploma is required. VETASSES will assess it to at least a diploma. VETASSES requires that your institution post the transcript directly not attached online.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Send it to me: erictack2003@yahoo.co.uk

Boladam45:

It is from the CO Directly.
How can u help me check it ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
Send it to me erictack2003@yahoo.co.uk

Boladam45:

It is from the CO Directly.
How can u help me check it ?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
Ok Bro! You are the Man.

johnHadey:

hmmmm.....uu making sense bro...didnt think of it that way...now I get ur point...wld know what to share publicly next time....thumbs up..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by erictack203(m): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Yes Bro! You are correct! But just to clear his curiosity.

Mikey:

I have a friend that had same issues, he emailed his co and she replied that it might be from the server that his visa is in their system and he's got nothing to worry about. Today he's in Brisbane, I'd say that if his visa is valid he's got nothing to worry about
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abbyjo: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dear bellong sir,i pm'd u,plus a little hlp with. My. Inquires wld b apprecciated
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 7:21am On Feb 29, 2016
nurseafrica:

Please run away from university of wollongong, please the town only sucks students dry, no jobs, no anything, please, their major income is students, please don't say I didn't warn you. And Nigerians here are very unhelpful. Please go to brisbane, sidney, malbourne, please , please

You're right about the unhelpful manners of some nigerians...u should find a job in sydney..you've no choice now!

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 9:13am On Feb 29, 2016
TempusQ:

Like how much can one budget for the courses?
Thanks!

Please someone should answer this part. Like how much can one budget for the 3- 6weeks training for Aged care, disability... and which state can one get this fast-track courses done?

Tnx.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 9:17am On Feb 29, 2016
ideamaster:

Curtin University is a good school. We have a couple of Nigerians here too. There are casual jobs in Perth but the limit of 20 hours per week could be a challenge.

However, to make life easy for you, come prepared to do a short course/training in aged care, disability, traffic control or security/crowd control. Any of these certificates would make it easier for you to get jobs. But it means you have to come with enough money and come a bit earlier because some of the courses take between 3 ~ 6 weeks full time.

There are also jobs working as kitchen hands, working in retail, construction etc but they are harder to get.

Thanks!
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

Please someone should answer this part. Like how much can one budget for the 3- 6weeks training for Aged care, disability... and which state can one get this fast-track courses done?
Tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mystical10: 11:58am On Feb 29, 2016
pristine88:

You're right about the unhelpful manners of some nigerians...u should find a job in sydney..you've no choice now!
Is better for you guys to change to another Uni in nsw. Is easy for Bachelor Uni and tafe but I don't know for masters. There's no job in Brisbane
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mystical10: 12:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
abekeade1:
ideamaster:

Curtin University is a good school. We have a couple of Nigerians here too. There are casual jobs in Perth but the limit of 20 hours per week could be a challenge.

However, to make life easy for you, come prepared to do a short course/training in aged care, disability, traffic control or security/crowd control. Any of these certificates would make it easier for you to get jobs. But it means you have to come with enough money and come a bit earlier because some of the courses take between 3 ~ 6 weeks full time.

There are also jobs working as kitchen hands, working in retail, construction etc but they are harder to get.

Thanks!
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

Tnx.
Depends on the training agency.$1500 aud. Sydney or bris. Is very Easy to do in cities than regions

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 12:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
As much as we appreciate your contribution, we shouldn't sound negative, there's job for everybody who believes and have faith that things will work for him/her, we share different fates, that fact that A couldn't find job doesnt mean B wouldn't. Dont generalize failure, be positive.
mystical10:

Is better for you guys to change to another Uni in nsw. Is easy for Bachelor Uni and tafe but I don't know for masters. There's no job in Brisbane

8 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by alaoeri: 12:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Royat1:
Please is it possible for someone to go through the pr route without work experience
Yes its possible.
Royat1:
Is it a must for someone to have a two year work experience when going for the pr route!!!
Is not a must but if you want to claim points for working experience it has to be minimum of 3years which is 5points & you have to prove it.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by johnsontade: 3:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
alaoeri:

Yes its possible.

Is not a must but if you want to claim points for working experience it has to be minimum of 3years which is 5points & you have to prove it.

Its only Engineering Occupations that don't require work experience and thats because EA didn't make it compulsory. Vetassess and other assessment bodies would require you to have at least 1yr related work experience before you can be positively assessed.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mystical10: 3:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Stanleych007:
As much as we appreciate your contribution, we shouldn't sound negative, there's is job for everybody who believes and have faith the things will work for him, we share different fates, that fact that A couldn't find job doesnt mean B wouldn't. Dont generalize failure, be positive.
Be positive is a word Nigerians pastors are using to deceive some people. Thinking both negative and positive helps one to correct a mistake that's about to occur . There's more job opportunities in some regions and cities. Same in Nigeria. There's more jobs in Lagos, ph, Kanu than abakalike or ilori

5 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
good day all.
I just finished my masters in control engineering and came back to Nigeria but I have not had job experience. I worked as a health care worker in UK and still got my training certificates. I was thinking of applying for another masters in australia. maybe masters by research but I feel it's waste of money. I need your advice. without experience can I apply for PR. is there any agent I need to go through? or should go ahead and apply for another masters? thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Stanleych007: 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
This has nothing to do with Nigerian pastors bro, its a positive mindset, people still get jobs in remote areas, don't contradict urselft, I only implied u don't discourage him from goin to Brisbane cos u assume theres no job there, same Brisbane people kip saying there are even more job opportunities, my point is rather sounding negative keep ur opinion to urself...#Bless
mystical10:

Be positive is a word Nigerians pastors are using to deceive some people. Thinking both negative and positive helps one to correct a mistake that's about to occur . There's more job opportunities in some regions and cities. Same in Nigeria. There's more jobs in Lagos, ph, Kanu than abakalike or ilori

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bambizzle4k4556: 4:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
good day all. I just finished my masters in control engineering and came back to Nigeria but I have not had job experience. I worked as a health care worker in UK and still got my training certificates. I was thinking of applying for another masters in australia. maybe masters by research but I feel it's waste of money. I need your advice. without experience can I apply for PR. is there any agent I need to go through? or should go ahead and apply for another masters? thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 4:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
mystical10: 3:05pm
Stanleych007:
As much as we appreciate your contribution, we shouldn't sound negative, there's is job for everybody who believes and have faith the things will work for him, we share different fates, that fact that A couldn't find job doesnt mean B wouldn't. Dont generalize failure, be positive.

*Be positive is a word Nigerians pastors are using to deceive some people. Thinking both negative and positive helps one to correct a mistake that's about to occur . There's more job opportunities in some regions and cities. Same in Nigeria. There's more jobs in Lagos, ph, Kanu than abakalike or ilori
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Unlike) (Share

*** pls @ mystical10, so which region can u state here that has more job opportunities then, just an advice for us coming along sir.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 11:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
Bambizzle4k4556:
good day all.
I just finished my masters in control engineering and came
back to Nigeria but I have not had job experience. I worked
as a health care worker in UK and still got my training
certificates. I was thinking of applying for another masters
in australia. maybe masters by research but I feel it's waste
of money. I need your advice. without experience can I
apply for PR. is there any agent I need to go through? or
should go ahead and apply for another masters? thanks

You do not need to apply for another Master in Australia. You are eligible for PR because of your Engineering degree. Read previous posts on this thread and you will be able to do it yourself. If you need to consult an Agent, you will definitely be charged.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 10:21am On Mar 01, 2016
johnsontade:

Hello johnsontade,
Does the "documentary evidence of employment" for EA assessment have to be the 'reference letter showing roles and responsibilities'?
Or that's for DIBP Skilled employment points claimed?

Also, can you kindly mail me that EA declaration page? Can't find it online yet...email is my moniker at yahoo dot com.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.