Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1050172 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shapoh(m): 7:54am On Jun 11, 2015
thank you, if you go back and read the messages, u'll see y i asked you. i know of master google before asking you.
FutureDon:

Master Google knows better actually. Bros, no one will give you a list of uni offering "health related courses under svp program" -- you need to get busy. Like seriously? there are hundreds of health related courses sef..
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mrnilobrawn: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2015
youngpboy:

Okay I really understand your point. I want to be honest with them. First do I
tell them I want to defer to enable me complete my NYSC
or tell them that am still in service and I will be complete it
soon and let den decide? pls response
I hope the employment details you submited are genuine, because you have to clear the doubt of how you are working and running National Service.
If your PPA is the same with the employment details in your application then you are safer.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by laimartins7(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2015
missakomaye:

Svp - Streamlined Student Visa takes from 5 working days to 4 weeks.(Best option is search for courses under SVP)
Normal student visa takes 9 working days to 3 months
Yes you can work wit a student visa. (You will have to apply for a student working visa wen u arrive Oz. After school registration and after you have seen your time table and shit)
Yes they recognise ALL the degrees/certificate/diplomas/adv diplomas offered in Australian universities. They even recognise some degrees from Nigeria University/colleges of Education/Polytechnics.

@missakomaye thanks. Are u a student in Australia or an applicant lije me?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2015
Dav6:
@ ferdimako @bellong thanks a bunch...@ futuredon no comment en?lol

I had to read your post several times -- bros, your shorthand writing no be for here oo.

To the best of my understanding, DIBP is asking you to provide them with 2 letters from your employer. (i) to prove that you are truly working with them and, (ii) to confirm that you will be allowed to return to your current position, or another new job offer following the completion of your studies. I would like to think that such request by DIBP was triggered by what you had written on your SoP.

My advice - ask your employer to provide you with a letter confirming that you are actually working with them. To fulfill the second requirement, your employer also need to state the possibilities of returning to your job following the completion of your study. One letter should suffice for both requirements, however the wordings of the letter needs to be direct and assuring in order to convince your case officer. Additionally, you may also include your employment letter for your current position if you have it.

Good luck broda smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by FutureDon(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2015
missakomaye:
Guy I have never heard where NYSC will defer the service year for two years especially since you have started the servoce year already. Except ofcourse the commandant is related to you. (I stand corrected though but it has never happened before. And if it has there must be a very good enuf reason.

I have several homeboys who ditched NYSC and went abroad to study as soon as we finished from Uni. Some have returned to Naija to serve whereas some do not still care about it cos employers don't care about it in their respective countries. Yes, it's possible to defer service for two years and more. One may even leave halfway - that person will be recorded as an absconded Corper, the discouraging part is that s/he would have to return to their institution for re-mobilisation and start afresh. No, you do not have to know any commandant before absconding..

Yes, people work in Naija without NYSC certificates or exemption letters. I know it's a requirement for most Govt, banks, multinationals job positions, however some private firms care less about it. I have real-life examples.

youngpboy - I hope this post helps you with your decision making. I would be surprised if you decide to defer your application at this stage.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

I finised from comp sci and turns out that the transcript office is now in my dept.I collected it in feb this year although I graduated since dec 2009.

You and I entered UI together then.

Yea...records dept is temporarily in Computer Science dept. You're lucky they gave you yours.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 11:07am On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

You and I entered UI together then.

Yea...records dept is temporarily in Computer Science dept. You're lucky they gave you yours.
Ow did you receive yours ten and ow much did you pay?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

Ow did you receive yours ten and ow much did you pay?

Last year. Paid 9k to send...can't remember how much I paid for issuance.

It was sent directly to VETASSESS, and VETASSESS semt me a soft copy when I needed it fpr the visa app itself...as UI could not find my transcript again despite it being issued just a few months earlier.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 11:26am On Jun 11, 2015
coldgate:
Praise the Lord! Finally, the eagle has landed (as they say in some parts). Visa grant 572. Application date was 08/05/2015.
Grant came today, 10-6-2015. I had almost lost hope. SA here I come!
Congratulations. ...is it svp or non svp, still awaiting mine prayerfully!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kcluv2men(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

It was sent directly to VETASSESS, and VETASSESS semt me a soft copy when I needed it fpr the visa app itself...as UI could not find my transcript again despite it being issued just a few months earlier.

madam, pls what is granny flat?
and also, is it as safe as the other types of abodes?
am just asking cos they(granny flats) appear to be cheaper than other types.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

ok.greatest uites....you must have stayed at either idia or awo grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by teeflow09: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
coldgate:
Praise the Lord! Finally, the eagle has landed (as they say in some parts). Visa grant 572. Application date was 08/05/2015.
Congratulations. ...is it svp or non svp, still awaiting mine prayerfully!
richnet:
My people, pls I need your advice. my 572 application was received on 22 of April. I wrote an email to Aussie embassy on 10th may to know my student visa application status, they replied on 11th may saying standard processing time is 3 month.
I want to know if, the person that replied is my CO, also do I need to write anothe email to them, becuase I have been waiting and praying..waiting is killing and anxiety as well. Till today I have not written to them & not heard from them and my uni resumes on 20th July.
Also, I didn't include SOP in my app, but on the app form there is section requesting me to itemize my purpose of which i wrote and also attach a separate sheet along with the application.
My school is TAFE is Melbourne and my totalbank statement has about 4.7M my brother gave me his about 3M and i included mine about 1.7M. we bear same surname. I also included a land property documents and am single.
Pls I need your advice, what are my chances and the waiting is really killing me. Should I write them again to know my application status, should write to know who is my CO. Pls I need your comments. kindly respond.
brother.....d Lord is your strength I am also waiting patiently they even called My sponsor,last week,just keep paying
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

ok.greatest uites....you must have stayed at either idia or awo grin

Greatest Awoites!!! Lol.

You entered 04 abi
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
mobuch:

madam, pls what is granny flat?
and also, is it as safe as the other types of abodes?
am just asking cos they(granny flats) appear to be cheaper than other types.

Granny flat is something like a BQ in Naija.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bossladymo1: 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
kcluv2men:
@bossladymo1
I sent you an e-mail, I don't know if you got it yet. I am an intending applicant for a TAFE course but I haven't made up my mind yet as to which area to apply to. I am considering regional areas and per time job prospects before making a decision. As I would have to work to support myself. Can you help me shed more light in this regard please

You can work to feed and pay bills, but you can't work to pay your tuition. It's very hard combining both.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

Greatest Awoites!!! Lol.

You entered 04 abi

june 6th 2005...mellanbites
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kcluv2men(m): 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

You can work to feed and pay bills, but you can't work to pay your tuition. It's very hard combining both.

Okay but I saw in previous posts where Jenny made mention of people working and sending themselves to school. I don't know how true it is though
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RedReact: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
^^^
It is possible, but not to that easy at all. Besides, you are only entitled to 40hrs of work per fortnight. How would you cope with that and studies (assignments and group studies)? What of housing and feeding?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by biggysmalls: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello guys, i hv bin following this thread from page 1 thread 1,i have read and re-read it, i want to study in Australia masters course work, bt d issh about my case is i hv a degree in history, and my occupation is nt on the sol list, but its on the csol list,if i chose to do my masters in international relations will i be qualified for a post graduate visa? i will appreciate honest answers ..! Thanks house
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missakomaye(f): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
biggysmalls:
Hello guys, i hv bin following this thread from page 1 thread 1,i have read and re-read it, i want to study in Australia masters course work, bt d issh about my case is i hv a degree in history, and my occupation is nt on the sol list, but its on the csol list,if i chose to do my masters in international relations will i be qualified for a post graduate visa? i will appreciate honest answers ..! Thanks house

Hi,
If you want to apply for student visa then its gonna be svp. Even diplomas qualify for student visa
If you want to go through the route of permanent residence then You can do the needful from the csol list (Cos u will know which body is assessing you) Start your assessments and see how many points you will get.(How many years working exp, age, ielts,degree etc) PR doesn't need 'post graduate visa' like u put it. There are many other subclasses of visa.

So it all depends on which route you wanna take.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
No you don't. Download the form 157a, and the Nigeria Student Visa checklist from the Teleperformance website. Fill those forms carefully, certify the docs you'd need. Take along 2 passports, the forms, the certified docs and about 90k to the Teleperformance office in Lagos or Abuja. Submit.

FEMINONI:
My school is under SVP and I do have the necessary documents. Do I still need to go through an agent for the visa application? Who's heading to Sydney? UNSW?

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ernestudezi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
July 20th is still a bit far away. You can just relax. By 22nd of June, it will just be a month since you applied. I think somewhere in their website, they particularly say one shouldn't send unnecessary enquiries, if your visa application is still within the standard processing period. My advice is chill.

richnet:
My people, pls I need your advice. my 572 application was received on 22 of April. I wrote an email to Aussie embassy on 10th may to know my student visa application status, they replied on 11th may saying standard processing time is 3 month.

I want to know if, the person that replied is my CO, also do I need to write anothe email to them, becuase I have been waiting and praying..waiting is killing and anxiety as well. Till today I have not written to them & not heard from them and my uni resumes on 20th July.
Also, I didn't include SOP in my app, but on the app form there is section requesting me to itemize my purpose of which i wrote and also attach a separate sheet along with the application.

My school is TAFE is Melbourne and my totalbank statement has about 4.7M my brother gave me his about 3M and i included mine about 1.7M. we bear same surname. I also included a land property documents and am single.

Pls I need your advice, what are my chances and the waiting is really killing me. Should I write them again to know my application status, should write to know who is my CO. Pls I need your comments. kindly respond.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lchilax: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
coldgate:

congrats.........

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

Granny flat is something like a BQ in Naija.

Errrm, and i tot you'll be a Qeenite grin... Since u re called BossLady shocked
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

june 6th 2005...mellanbites

....hmmmm... 1st hall, still caging till date grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pmiller1:

....hmmmm... 1st hall, still caging till date grin

That hall sweet die cheesy cheesy
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
bossladymo1:

Its hard, but not impossible

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

That hall sweet die cheesy cheesy

Dude U and I kw wat am saying, that hall is for sec sch, @BossLady sef can testify ... tongue...Trenchard Hall is way better dan Mellanby, Kuti, Teddy grin

U knw the two hall that rocks shey?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stepo707: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Pmiller1:

Dude U and I kw wat am saying, that hall is for sec sch, @BossLady sef can testify ... tongue...Trenchard Hall is way better dan Mellanby, Kuti, Teddy grin

U knw the two hall that rocks shey?
zik and indy wink

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pmiller1: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
stepo707:

zik and indy wink

Now you're talking... The only living hall grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.