Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046895 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by abekeade1: 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
@ lodded SVP what visa sub class? this is when efamily can answer ur question bro.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tyot(f): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
@Scrollmeout, thks for the clarification. God bless
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by WestAfrican: 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
It is subclass573
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
ada4all:
Is it true one can enter Australia before OSHC commences? Please I need confirmation on this.
Hi I'm currently living in Melbourne. and yes you can enter b4 ur oshc starts, all u have to do is to contact d school if d oshc was organised by them or contact the insurance company if u did it urself. and let then know u want to update ur oshc as u want to come earlier. I did d same, d date of expiration was changed n dat was when I got here...
Good luck n welcome to Melbourne in advance
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chi50(f): 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
oudodi:
Please guru in da house I want to seek clarification on this..... My OSHC will start by June 18 Buh I want to enter Aussie by May. Please does it pose any problem at the point of entry.
I just answered this question for ada4all... no problem, just do what I said .
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ada4all: 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
chi50:

Hi I'm currently living in Melbourne. and yes you can enter b4 ur oshc starts, all u have to do is to contact d school if d oshc was organised by them or contact the insurance company if u did it urself. and let then know u want to update ur oshc as u want to come earlier. I did d same, d date of expiration was changed n dat was when I got here...
Good luck n welcome to Melbourne in advance

Thanks Chi50.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2016
lodded:
It is subclass573

I applied using the following documents for SVP 573:-

A Copy of birth certificate

CV

All Photocopies of Academic Certificates and Transcript (Master`s Result and Transcript, Bachelor`s Degree Result and Transcript, SSCE WAEC Result)

Photocopy my Employment Letter

ECOE Letter

Statement of purpose

Offer letter from school

A Reference letter From my Work Place which was addressed to the Embassy

4 passport photos

Two Valid Data page of my International Passport

Medical test receipt of payment

Extra documents that gave me an edge which I also submitted are:-

Photocopies of my Uk entry visas
Then finally:-
A sprinkle of God's grace

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
@lodded I forgot to add "oral polio certificate"...that was included too
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 12:00am On Mar 20, 2016
Hi all,
I just applied to Flinders and Edith Cowan without any ENGLISH test scores, I only got a letter of attestation of ENGLISH language proficiency from my school. I want to know if writing PTE later won't affect my chances of getting a visa. I hope they won't say,my ENGLISH test scores came after my offer.thanks.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2016
Phemorinho:
Hi all,
I just applied to Flinders and Edith Cowan without any ENGLISH test scores, I only got a letter of attestation of ENGLISH language proficiency from my school. I want to know if writing PTE later won't affect my chances of getting a visa. I hope they won't say,my ENGLISH test scores came after my offer.thanks.

No, it won't affect your chances of getting an offer neither will it affect your Visa. Furthermore, from my experience, Edith Cowan will give you an offer to study without requiring an English test from you... same goes for some other Australian Universities.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 12:23am On Mar 20, 2016
jorgan:

No, it won't affect your chances of getting an offer neither will it affect your Visa. Furthermore, from my experience, Edith Cowan will give you an offer to study without requiring an English test from you... same goes for some other Australian Universities.
thank you so much for your prompt response. but can ENGLISH test be skipped at all *covers face*
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 12:32am On Mar 20, 2016
Phemorinho:

thank you so much for your prompt response. but can ENGLISH test be skipped at all *covers face*

Yes it can but its mandatory you write it. U will need an English test in the future when you want to apply for student/part-time/casual jobs (in some cases) then most importantly if you want to extend your stay in Australia after your student visa has expired. You will need it for your post study visas or permanent residency visas
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Phemorinho(m): 12:38am On Mar 20, 2016
jorgan:

Yes it can but its mandatory you write it. U will need an English test in the future when you want to apply for student/part-time/casual jobs (in some cases) then most importantly if you want to extend your stay in Australia after your student visa has expired. You will need it for your post study visas or permanent residency visas
Well said bro. I will make sure I write the exam before leaving,because of getting the jobs. I'm just being meticulous jare, I'm channeling all funds to getting the visa first.I really appreciate your advice.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 1:46am On Mar 20, 2016
abekeade1:
@ada4all ur Oshc is part of your visa requirment so I don't think that is possible

@oudodi you have to enter aussy when ur oshc start that means you can't enter Aussy until the date on ur OSHC certificate.

Let more family in the house answer this but I am sure this is part of the rules as far as I know.
I actually entered Australia before my OSHC commenced and it wasn't an issue but that was in 2013. Btw, your OSHC starts on your school resumption date, and its practically impossible to travel on that date as you have orientation to attend.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ada4all: 5:46am On Mar 20, 2016
lawland:
I actually entered Australia before my OSHC commenced and it wasn't an issue but that was in 2013. Btw, your OSHC starts on your school resumption date, and its practically impossible to travel on that date as you have orientation to attend.

Thanks lawland. I think I will just contact my school to adjust my cover like chi50 advised since I will enter over a month before my program starts to avoid issues at the border. Cheers.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ada4all: 5:48am On Mar 20, 2016
abekeade1:
@ada4all ur Oshc is part of your visa requirment so I don't think that is possible

@oudodi you have to enter aussy when ur oshc start that means you can't enter Aussy until the date on ur OSHC certificate.

Let more family in the house answer this but I am sure this is part of the rules as far as I know.
kk...Thanks @abekeade1
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 6:21am On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks alot @jorgan.But won't they demand for my sponsor statement of account.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 6:35am On Mar 20, 2016
@phemorinho. I too i was also given admission in Flinders university without any English test. Although has time goes on they demanded for English test.So is a must for you to write the English test.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 9:39am On Mar 20, 2016
Okay then it's okay but I believe it's usually better to run the medicals before submitting
ENGRJCJ:

My agent adviced me to wait for Pretoria to ask the medicals.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 10:26am On Mar 20, 2016
chi50:

I just answered this question for ada4all... no problem, just do what I said .
thanks dear
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jayooh: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2016
For how many semesters?
jorgan:
AU$32,800
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2016
jayooh:
For how many semesters?
3 Trimesters, 1 year
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by awoononi(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2016
Hello everyone, landed in Perth some hours ago, waiting for my connecting flight to Sydney. Everyone seems nice and laid back here. Later folks.
My OSHC starts tomorrow and I landed in Australia today, no use my case do example o. grin

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Osama10(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 11:32am On Mar 20, 2016
awoononi:
Hello everyone, landed in Perth some hours ago, waiting for my connecting flight to Sydney. Everyone seems nice and laid back here. Later folks.
My OSHC starts tomorrow and landed in Australia today, no use my case do example o. grin
What airline did u fly with nd how much.... grin
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kayswag726: 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
ideamaster:

As at the last time I checked, Biomedical science is not on any list. Hence, you can't use it to get a PR. Do your research well.

thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ome240: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
IELTS General test results
Listening 7, Writing 7, Reading 7 Speaking 8.5. Overall bad score 7.5. Isn't God wonderful? That's 10points

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by awoononi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Swimgood:

What airline did u fly with nd how much.... grin
South African airways, Abuja to Johannesburg, Jo'burg to Perth, then Virgin Australia from Perth to Sydney cost about NGN338,000.

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
ome240:
IELTS General test results
Listening 7, Writing 7, Reading 7 Speaking 8.5. Overall bad score 7.5. Isn't God wonderful? That's 10points

He is indeed! Congrats
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by matand: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
University of Newcastle nsw cheesy
mPop:

congrats what school
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2016
awoononi:
My OSHC starts tomorrow and I landed in Australia today, no use my case do example o. grin
how great. enjoy the country my friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa