Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1043874 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
elawdafinest:
Okay then it's okay but I believe it's usually better to run the medicals before submitting
Yea. But I have already submitted my application
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
awoononi:
South African airways, Abuja to Johannesburg, Jo'burg to Perth, then Virgin Australia from Perth to Sydney cost about NGN338,000.
What was d duration of d flight and please how is their services ( South African airlines) in terms of food hospitality and how much delay u had at stopovers? I intend flying with them or etihad...enjoy ur new home wink
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
jorgan:

He is indeed! Congrats
congrats
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oudodi: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
Swimgood:

What was d duration of d flight and please how is their services ( South African airlines) in terms of food hospitality and how much delay u had at stopovers? I intend flying with them or etihad...enjoy ur new home wink
check wakanow as etihad is cheap over there. You can get it at les than 200k.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlenchy: 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
Thanks my ogas I got the PTE materials. Am sure trashing PTE asap.
Regards
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by awoononi(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
Swimgood:

SAA services is alright, the cabin crew are nice and friendly. It was 5 hours and some minutes from Abuja to Jo'burg, stopover was around 5 hours, then 8 hours 43 minutes from Jo'burg to Perth, stopover was around 8 hours(the wait no be here), then around 4 hours and some minutes from Perth to Sydney. Just take your time and look around for a flight with one stopover, mine was due to booking at short notice.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 9:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello, @oudodi I see that you tried to PM me on two different occasions but I can't see ur messages...so pls don't think I hv ignored dem purposely. If you wish to reach me, u can do so via direct emailing at Jorgan.ogz@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
alaoeri:

Assess your skills & certificate with the relevant authority, submit an EOI through skillselect, apply for state or territory nomination & wait for invitation. The only advantage over 189 is you get extra 5points if nominated by a state & 10points if nominated by a regional area but 189 seems straight forward because you won't have to wait for a state or territory for invitation.
@scrollmeout congrat bro.

Thanks for your response. For the assessment, is it only the Bsc that I should assess? Read somewhere on the thread that post-experience qualifications do not really count. Is this true?

I have Bsc, ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) and MBA. I have 9 years work experience but acquired the MBA after about 4 years of work experience. The ACIB was acquired before I started working.

Would appreciate your response.

Looping: NNBB2012, bellong, scrollmeout, Kunlay11, Bosslady, Bellong, Manweysabi, lawland, other gurus in the house
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lawland: 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks for your response. For the assessment, is it only the Bsc that I should assess? Read somewhere on the thread that post-experience qualifications do not really count. Is this true?

I have Bsc, ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) and MBA. I have 9 years work experience but acquired the MBA after about 4 years of work experience. The ACIB was acquired before I started working.

Looping: NNBB2012, bellong, scrollmeout, Kunlay11, Bosslady, Bellong, Manweysabi, lawland, other gurus in the house
I do rather say that pre qualification experience doesn't count, if you are confident that your Bsc will sail through and you have enough evidence to support your 4 yrs work experience, then assess your Bsc afterall, Msc and Bsc are same 15points.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello guru in d building .. Is it possible to apply for foundation program likewise bachelor in the same university at a time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 1:05am On Mar 21, 2016
40manlappy:

What is your occupation? You need to know your occupation with reference to the SOL or CSOL and also know the requirements of the relevant assessing body. For example, if you were to be assessed by VETASSESS, I would advise that you should include your MBA except if you finished from some Universities in Nigeria.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 1:25am On Mar 21, 2016
NNBB2012:

What is your occupation? You need to know your occupation with reference to the SOL or CSOL and also know the requirements of the relevant assessing body. For example, if you were to be assessed by VETASSESS, I would advise that you should include your MBA except if you finished from some Universities in Nigeria.

The most relevant skilled occupation class to my job function is Financial Institution Branch Manager under CSOL (149914).

I got the MBA from Lautech, Ogbomoso. Which universities do you have in mind @bolded?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peleson: 2:03am On Mar 21, 2016
Prince242:

Try check USC.. University of the Sunshine Coast if they offer d program. Tuition affordable (around 11k per semester). Free OSHC. Best of luck..

Prince242! U mean 11,000 NAIRA??
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NNBB2012: 2:27am On Mar 21, 2016
40manlappy:

The most relevant skilled occupation class to my job function is Financial Institution Branch Manager under CSOL (149914).

I got the MBA from Lautech, Ogbomoso. Which universities do you have in mind @bolded?

oK. You only need Associate degree or Advanced Diploma though for the Financial Branch Manager occupation. It means you do not need your MBA to get a positive assessment from VETASSESS. If you are positively assessed and your degree is equivalent to an Associate degree, you will only have 10points for that. But then you will have 8years minimum years of experience and if that is what you have as a Financial Branch Manager, which means you have maximum 15points from experience, so altogether, you will have 25points. If you submit your MBA as part of the qualifications for an assessment, eventhough is not required, you may or may not be assessed based on that. If it was assessed based on that, you would be left with only 5points and then gain only 20points from both qualification and experience. I think the former scenario is better based on simple Maths, which would give you 25points. That's my little cents.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 3:39am On Mar 21, 2016
peleson:

Prince242! U mean 11,000 NAIRA??
Lol you funny no be small
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Swimgood: 3:39am On Mar 21, 2016
awoononi:
SAA services is alright, the cabin crew are nice and friendly. It was 5 hours and some minutes from Abuja to Jo'burg, stopover was around 5 hours, then 8 hours 43 minutes from Jo'burg to Perth, stopover was around 8 hours(the wait no be here), then around 4 hours and some minutes from Perth to Sydney. Just take your time and look around for a flight with one stopover, mine was due to booking at short notice.
Nice one sent you an email tho
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tunai(m): 4:41am On Mar 21, 2016
40manlappy:

Your MBA in Lautech( if you did financial mgt option) is equivalent to AQF Graduate diploma and this earns you 15 points on eoi,but if you are sure your first degree is highly relevant to your chosen occupation then you are fine with it( most 4 years courses end up sitting on AQF Associate degree and this gives you 10 points) I just got a positive response from them and it was my Mba that saved me as my first degree was not relevant to my CSOL. Am sure this might aid your decision.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 6:47am On Mar 21, 2016
tunai:

Your MBA in Lautech( if you did financial mgt option) is equivalent to AQF Graduate diploma and this earns you 15 points on eoi,but if you are sure your first degree is highly relevant to your chosen occupation then you are fine with it( most 4 years courses end up sitting on AQF Associate degree and this gives you 10 points) I just got a positive response from them and it was my Mba that saved me as my first degree was not relevant to my CSOL. Am sure this might aid your decision.

Thanks, I had B.Sc in Banking & Finance, so I think it is relevant to my occupation.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:08am On Mar 21, 2016
@NNBB2012: Thanks for further insights smiley
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pristine88: 7:25am On Mar 21, 2016
So who is enjoying sydney?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GodsClan(m): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2016
pristine88:
So who is enjoying sydney?
I am o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by meekmk(m): 9:06am On Mar 21, 2016
Respect to everyone who has contributed their time and wealth of knowledge to this thread , I'm sure its really appreciated.
I have a number of questions and things i'm quite confused about and would need help with, regarding work/study/living in australia.

I turned 23 in February this year, I have a BA Philosophy from Lagos State University, I've been running a transport business since then, and also in between my NYSC. I recently applied and got an offer from Edith Cowan University to study Human resource management,
this course requires first a 4 month course from ECU/PIBT, Before moving on to start the masters itself fully, with this i would've had to spend about 2.4 years in Aussie.

My agent makes everything seem all fine and dandy, but I'm scared, mainly because I know Human Resource Management isn't on this SOL list, My course would be about 50k plus AUD in total, and I have saved my complete tuition for my duration already. All i need to save for now would be my feeding and accomodation also.

Now my problem is, What should I do, I know nothing about Australia, their immigration and the others, I don't want to commit and find out that i could've done something better of followed another route, But i would really love to stay and work in Australia, and after 3 years working, I would love to also get an MBA, part time maybe. Please any help would be Highly appreciated

and also
Would my background with a BA in Philosophy be a problem, even though it makes me a much more critical and analytical person?
Also, Is my age too small
Also any general advice and recommendations would be appreciated
Do I need to practice and take the IETLS also, even though my school doesnt need it?
Also If I'm taking it, Do i need to practice?

I know my questions are a bit much, But I would appreciate a comprehensive answer and explanation also. Thanks a great deal everyone for your Time.. Perth( I'm on the way) Heeeheee...

Timi.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peleson: 9:30am On Mar 21, 2016
Good-day good people, I have followed this thread for a long time and I'm proud of all the contributions from the gurus.
My queries are as follows:
I have a degree in Elect/Elect Engr. 2013. Work experience:
Procurement,cost survey,purchasing logistics. All in maritime and oil and gas.
Company is own by me as an entrepreneur. Sometimes I went to offshore to deliver supplies, advice on some technical equipment and also designed Ship logbooks for oil tankers in Nigeria.
I was running these things and in the process, I gained lots of operational experience in oil and gas.
I supplied and calibrated alots of flowmeters in various oil tanker vessels in nigeria waters(outsidebar). Went with choppers and sometimes flying boats! I have all the necessary permits and mandatory to work in the sea/ship. E.g safety/mandatory cert., marine/seafearers int'l passport, Advanced Diploma in Shipping, port administration and management.unilag. I'm a fellow Nigeria Maritime Researchers and Member Nigeria Shippers Council.
I have managed men and women who worked for me whenever I had jobs. However,when the project finished, everybody would leave.
Money are being paid directly to the company's account controlled by me from the oil companies I serviced. However, this trend died down due to oil crash!
I Got a job in a trading company thereafter as a supervisory manager(warehouse supervisor), I did the job for 9months and left because the pay was little. Now I'm about starting a moderate job with a marine company as a business developer..more or less using my experience to help get jobs and maintain relationships with bigger and firms of their interest.
Now my paradox!
Looking at all these explanations, one can tell that I v worked outside my area of study in Elect/Elect degree.
Applying for a PR 189 in Australia is my target.
Pls house and my beautiful people,help me get answers. How can I present my case to be assessed by EA.

I have crazy experienced within couple of years that I have to impact on some who have been in the field for over 10yrs.
Please advice!
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2016
tunai:

Hi, bro. I'm having a little issue which I need answers to.
I want to apply for 189 visa, the problem is that I have no relevant qualification for the skill I'm applying for, but I have experience. I hold a B.Sc in political science and also a P.G in Customer Relationship Management, but I have about 4years teaching experience (its actually one year, but this can be fixed, my mom owns a school), so I want to go with teaching as its on the SOL list.
My problem is if my lack of qualification in the profession will be a problem.
Secondly, my educational qualifications and ACTUAL experience qualifies me for the Customer Relationship Manager profession, but it is just on the CSOL list, this means I will have to wait to be nominated, and the process maybe cumbersome.
Please what do you suggest I do? And again do i need to take the IELTS exam? Justwise, bellong
NNBB2012 awoononi
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by awoononi(m): 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
7Alexander:

Hi, bro. I'm having a little issue which I need answers to.
I want to apply for 189 visa, the problem is that I have no relevant qualification for the skill I'm applying for, but I have experience. I hold a B.Sc in political science and also a P.G in Customer Relationship Management, but I have about 4years teaching experience (its actually one year, but this can be fixed, my mom owns a school), so I want to go with teaching as its on the SOL list.
My problem is if my lack of qualification in the profession will be a problem.
Secondly, my educational qualifications and ACTUAL experience qualifies me for the Customer Relationship Manager profession, but it is just on the CSOL list, this means I will have to wait to be nominated, and the process maybe cumbersome.
Please what do you suggest I do? And again do i need to take the IELTS exam? Justwise, bellong
NNBB2012 awoononi
I'm so sorry bro, unfortunately I don't know anything about PR application.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ENGRJCJ(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
kunlenchy:
Regards
Pls Bro forward those materials to justinanyaoku@yahoo.com...pls try bro
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
south african airline is 240 to 250 thousand. dont let anyone cheat you
Swimgood:

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
you apply for foundation then when you done. You will enter the same school for undergraduate
lodded:
Hello guru in d building .. Is it possible to apply for foundation program likewise bachelor in the same university at a time.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
how far jobs? what jobs are easy to get? do you have one now.
GodsClan:

I am o
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
hello. your age is fine. just go through a good agency and you would be fine
meekmk:
Respect to everyone who has contributed their time and wealth of knowledge to this thread , I'm sure its really appreciated.
I have a number of questions and things i'm quite confused about and would need help with, regarding work/study/living in australia.

I turned 23 in February this year, I have a BA Philosophy from Lagos State University, I've been running a transport business since then, and also in between my NYSC. I recently applied and got an offer from Edith Cowan University to study Human resource management,
this course requires first a 4 month course from ECU/PIBT, Before moving on to start the masters itself fully, with this i would've had to spend about 2.4 years in Aussie.

My agent makes everything seem all fine and dandy, but I'm scared, mainly because I know Human Resource Management isn't on this SOL list, My course would be about 50k plus AUD in total, and I have saved my complete tuition for my duration already. All i need to save for now would be my feeding and accomodation also.

Now my problem is, What should I do, I know nothing about Australia, their immigration and the others, I don't want to commit and find out that i could've done something better of followed another route, But i would really love to stay and work in Australia, and after 3 years working, I would love to also get an MBA, part time maybe. Please any help would be Highly appreciated

and also
Would my background with a BA in Philosophy be a problem, even though it makes me a much more critical and analytical person?
Also, Is my age too small
Also any general advice and recommendations would be appreciated
Do I need to practice and take the IETLS also, even though my school doesnt need it?
Also If I'm taking it, Do i need to practice?

I know my questions are a bit much, But I would appreciate a comprehensive answer and explanation also. Thanks a great deal everyone for your Time.. Perth( I'm on the way) Heeeheee...

Timi.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cremeuc: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
please forward it to me too. ucnwankwo@yahoo.com
kunlenchy:
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.