Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1046992 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by elawdafinest: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Okay thanks Bro cos mine still shows that the medical bla bla bla has been submitted to dibp
samge:

Yes, assuming the medicals was passed it will show "Health Clearance Provided - no action required", there will def be a change in the status.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aaffluent: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
@Wallsbunny Congratulation. Please I have few questions to ask concerning 572. Please can you send me your email ?
Wallsbunny:
Cheii..God is good

Oya make una sharply help me Praise GOD

I must appreciate the efforts of some great people on this thread, (they are people I call the A-Z Guru's and Oga's). You guys are doing a great job God reward y'all greatly. Been a silent reader after i was denied 572 visa last year(Depressed). I keep asking myself "Can u BELIEVE one more time? i Jump off and shake my refusal, dust documents, REFIRE.

If i shout it wont be enough! You are the great and mighty God, so beautiful to be PRAISE. It was a very tough journey all through the process! and a Long wait which i almost lost hope.

I lodge SAME 572 application in Jan and to God be the Glory I got my Grant Yesterday. To all Expectant, Grace will speak for you this season, in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
matand:
Hello house, thanks for all the advice big appreciation all the Oga's in the house. We just got tickets for me hubby and our two kids from IOM the whole process took about 14 days counting weekends and the easter break....the price was sooo consoling about 590k for us all, luggage 40kg for adults and child,10 kg for baby. Newcastle here we come. Hubby just sent his assessment for ACS keeping fingers crossed na all we dey do. Any one needing info on how to use IOM for booking ask ur questions .God bless us all and fulfil our dreams.
Am surprised with this ur story I saw it here that IOM ve been blocked for students. Anyway congrats about that I just want to ask u some questions
Whats are the documents requested for?
Which IOM(Lagos or Australia) sent you the quote?
When the you book?
Which airline was offered?
Is the flight direct from Lagos to Newcastle? If NO how are you going to get Newcastle from Sydney or Melbourne

Will be expecting answers to these questions
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
NOTE

If you want to go Newcastle University for an undergraduate program just know that you maybe ask to provide Statement of Account(SOA) I don't know about post graduate studies and also if you want to go to Deakin University be ready to write a standard Statement of Purpose(SOP)
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by matand: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
I mailed IOM Nigeria and Australia.Till date Nigeria hasn't replied.IOMAustralia replied immediately .The documents submitted are
-case detail sheet;u'll get it from their site
-Visa
-Passports
For payments I told them I wanted to pay in naira so they contacted iom Nigeria who gave the account no.
after payment was confirmed tickets where sent
Emirates lagos-dubai-sydney
I'm in touch with happycab for the Sydney -Newcastle part
Solitin40:

Am surprised with this ur story I saw it here that IOM ve been blocked for students. Anyway congrats about that I just want to ask u some questions
Whats are the documents requested for?
Which IOM(Lagos or Australia) sent you the quote?
When the you book?
Which airline was offered?
Is the flight direct from Lagos to Newcastle? If NO how are you going to get Newcastle from Sydney or Melbourne

Will be expecting answers to these questions

3 Likes

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by matand: 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Your school doesn't need to send the transcript to them.Get a certified copy scanned and upload to them.Read the instructions as per size from their site.
bblessed:

Please I want to ask while applying online will my school still send my transcript direct to them or can I also send it online if I have a copy of my transcript.tnks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mPop(f): 12:00am On Apr 09, 2016
WestAfrican:

Pop into any Aldi or Coles stores near you. It cost $1.70 in Aldi and almost $3 in Coles. Different brands but same quality.

hmmm really, will check, thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missymii: 2:34am On Apr 09, 2016
Congrats to erictack203 sorry it's coming a bit late. All the best in ur endeavours.
Pls has anyone applied to Charles Darwin University? How long does it take to get a response from them?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hello everyone.....I will like my kid bro to go study in Australia instead of Canada cos Australia visa processing seems to be more straight forward and easy compared to Canada's.

Here are few questions I need clarifications on;

1. Does Australia give post graduate work permit after studies? If yes, how many years?

2. How many hours can one work as a full time student?

3. Postgraduate Diploma and Masters which is cheaper?

4. Which school, city or province can one recommend for a civil engineering student based on how easy to get a student job and lower living expenses.

NB: he made second class lower (less than 3.0) in his undergraduate in Nigeria
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Solitin40: 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Omonjoe:
Hello everyone.....I will like my kid bro to go study in Australia instead of Canada cos Australia visa processing seems to be more straight forward and easy compared to Canada's.

1. Does Australia give post graduate work permit after studies? If yes, how many years?

4. Which school, city or province can one recommend for a civil engineering student based on how easy to get a student job and lower living
expenses.

Read this Australia section from the beginning to the end all the answers to your questions have been answered tell ur bro to read it if you can't from page 1 this will help you than giving you short short answers

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Sammybbb: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hello House ...Please I want to ask,is it possible to fail medicals for migration to Australia
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Sammybbb:
Hello House ...Please I want to ask,is it possible to fail medicals for migration to Australia

Of course it is possible, for some visa subclass you may be entitled to signing a health waiver...after some processes though.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by magastefan: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
Gurus in d house...pls do u have an idea what my chances wud be if I apply for a student visa and include my hubby and 2kids.. Pls will I be granted or denied... Need ur reply urgently tenks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Omonjoe(m): 3:18am On Apr 10, 2016
Definitely we will do that but I just need qiuick answers to those questions to help us make a decision quickly before settling to read in details.
Solitin40:

Read this Australia section from the beginning to the end all the answers to your questions have been answered tell ur bro to read it if you can't from page 1 this will help you than giving you short short answers
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by udz: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2016
who is attending victoria university. how long does it take to get feedack when one applies. i aplied thru their authorised agent here.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 10, 2016
jorgan:

Hello, After you are given an offer from the school, you will be notified directly by the school or in some cases your agent will send your offer letter to your mail.

Your agent has no business with hand lung your fees, it's your sole responsibility to see that you send your fees across to the school.

The school will state the mediums through which you can pay your fees on the offer letter. The most common is through the Western Union Business Solution. Here, you will generate a payment invoice sort of, from a global pay link from the school website (or link provided in your offer letter). The sum stated on the invoice will be what you will use to fill your Form A with your bank. Hence fund your bank account sufficiently (equivalence of dollar to naira ~197/$).

Cheers.

Thanks Jorgan for Ur satisfactory explanation.

Am very grateful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:19am On Apr 10, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Thanks Jorgan for Ur wonderful reply.

Considering I bank with Diamond bank where I ve my funds intact, To pay my fees, will I have to withdraw the amount nd pay in favour of the school or the withdrawal will be automatically debited from my account.

Pls Dont be dissapointed with my question
I only want to ensure I make no mistake at all at all
There is no need to make withdrawal. Just make sure the money isn't on a fixed deposit. Contact your bank for guidance, in line with your school payment method. Most likely WU Business solutions. Some banks have their requirements, such as nysc cert( if you going for PG)
. Just contact your bank to know what the required dox are
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

There is no need to make withdrawal. Just make sure the money isn't on a fixed deposit. Contact your bank for guidance, in line with your school payment method. Most likely WU Business solutions. Some banks have their requirements, such as nysc cert( if you going for PG)
. Just contact your bank to know what the required dox are

Choi.
This reply is coming earlier than anticipated.

Cotty, I can't thank you enough. Even as I was trying to modify my last question Ur reply flew in.

So shall God reply u amen.

1 Like

Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oobidike(f): 10:56am On Apr 10, 2016
Whao, your prompt responses are always helpful. Thanks a lot
please paying of school fees is quite tough for me, I have left my filled form A with first bank since 3weeks now but it still hasn't gone.
Please which bank is quite faster with this process.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ideamaster(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2016
Omonjoe:

4. Which school, city or province can one recommend for a civil engineering student based on how easy to get a student job and lower living expenses.

Some quick answers for you.

1. Yes, you can get a post graduate work visa, if and only if you do a minimum of 2 years study. Note that some offers for some Masters program is usually for 18 months or 1.5 years which doesn't qualify for a post graduate work visa. The number of years you get on the post graduate visa could be 1.5 or 2 years. I am not sure how they decide that.

2. A full time international student is legally allowed to work 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight.

3. I am not sure what you mean by this question but I do know that some people are not given Masters admission directly. they have to do a pgd in the first year and complete the Masters in the second year. if this is what you mean, then the fees for a pgd would be cheaper since its just for one year.

4. no one can really recommend a city for you. In my opinion, there are jobs available in all the major cities. you could just apply to various schools, get the admission offers and see which one would be best for you. And just like someone suggested, reading the thread would help as you can pick out schools people already mentioned.

The gurus can please correct me if I am wrong in any aspect. thanks
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 10, 2016
Helo guys

I am about paying my school fees but am kind of worried if the scarcity of American dollars rocking the nation will affect Prospective students who wil be paying their fees to Australian institutions.

Am just worried over this as I keep hearing that commercial banks don't ve dollars at the same time am being told that I will fill a form a form.

Since I heard President Buhari sold his house to access forex for his children I just tire.( a whole President)

Is there any faster way or I should relax nd wait for my bank
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Stanleyelege:
Helo guys

I am about paying my school fees but am kind of worried if the scarcity of American dollars rocking the nation will affect Prospective students who wil be paying their fees to Australian institutions.

Am just worried over this as I keep hearing that commercial banks don't ve dollars at the same time am being told that I will fill a form a form.

Since I heard President Buhari sold his house to access forex for his children I just tire.( a whole President)

Is there any faster way or I should relax nd wait for my bank

I don't think I heard the news of BUHARI selling his house to access forex. Notwithstanding, the other option is if you have a relative outside the country who can make the transfer on your behalf then you deposit naira Equivalent . I am also stuck with this $ thingy, mine is worse cos since I got admission, I have had to wait for nysc certificate which my bank does require. I guess we just have to do our part and pray.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
oobidike:
please paying of school fees is quite tough for me, I have left my filled form A with first bank since 3weeks now but it still hasn't gone.
Watch and pray. 3 weeks is quite much though, from which branch (state) did you apply and When is your program start date?
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jorgan(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
oobidike:

Pls prepare ur mind to defer your admission, don't try to withdraw ur form A application unless u have a concrete option.

Keep the pressure on your bank and if possible get the phone number of the telex officer that you submitted your form to. Inform your school of an imminent deferment.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ImaIma1(f): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello people i stumbled across this helpful thread. My husband and i are contemplating moving to Australia.

He wants to study general medicine. He has already has a 1st degree in medical sciences from Nigeria and I work in a bank presently. No kids yet.

Please how do we go about it? Do we apply for the school first or move first?

Also what are my chances of getting a job for myself when we move there?

Where do we begin? I would really appreciate your responses.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lodded(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello house.....Please who are those going to Flinders university for the June intake.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enabs20: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Franzeez:
Hi family,

At last after the wait and wait and wait, I have my grant. Is anyone in Canberra here? I will be hitting Sydney on Thursday? Anyone wants to pick me up?

The wait was long and tiring. But it is over.

Congrats bro. The wait is over, All the best ahead.
Re: General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
Sassy123:
Hello house, please does NYSC and one year internship count as working experience ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (511)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.