Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience (5230 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Why Is Cooldude62 Being Banned? / An Open Letter To Seun.I'm Tired Of Being Banned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2006
Hello all.

I thought it would be nice for people to share their experience on being banned from nairaland. I think it will help others from making the same mistakes.
You can start by answering the following:

1. How long was your ban?
2. Reason for your being banned?
3. How you felt?
4. Any suggestions?
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2006
I'll go first

1.  72 hours
2.  Insisting on a distracting signature (my image signature was too large)
3.  I felt really really bad at not being able to sign onto nairaland for so long. It actually came as a shock because after i had put in my signature, Seun tried to make it smaller for me. I had no clue he did that, i thought i had somehow put in the wrong codes (as I was still trying to test out my signatures with BBC codes). And i changed it back to the larger image.
4.  I think it would be nice if people are given a warning and told what they did wrong, before being banned or suspended.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mamaput(f): 8:13am On Sep 15, 2006
I have been banned once for fighting.
I do not know how long because it was late and i went to bed.
I have had a few warnings. Like 4 or 5.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2006
Hmmmm i have been banned once for going off-topic, dont remember how long it lasted.
I have been warned twice and the lastest warning, am sure mamaput knows what i mean lol
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mamaput(f): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2006
Yes i do?
I went like OMG. Who annoyed Oga today that he is looking for a scape goat.
I had just gone online and a message jumped into my eyes.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 8:43am On Sep 15, 2006
yes o, i was alrdy logged on reading when the red thing started flashing blocking my eyes
me and aloib were like okayyyyyy, what did we do today? Then i noticed the other people included in the list.
But its all good sha, so long as we are not banned cheesy
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mamaput(f): 8:48am On Sep 15, 2006
I was happy that i was not the only one grin grin
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mamaput(f): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2006
But if we do not stop talking about it we may get banned wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Douzy(m): 11:11am On Sep 15, 2006
mamaput:

But if we do not stop talking about it we may get banned wink

Reason I didn't feel like talking about my banning experience with Seun, cos it was almost like a feud when he banned me the second time on the grounds that I insulted his intelligence by trying to confuse him with cheap lies. Duh! Then, I replied to his mail with a seven-paragraph mail. Well, the result: I was unbanned much earlier than the time I was told I would remain banned.

@Mr MOD
Thanx, though. Sometimes, I go back to read the mails we sent to each other and tweak up a wry smile. cheesy
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2006
you guys that got warning are lucky. I didn't get a warning, unless we count that his change of my signature was a warning

Anyways its all good, at least we are learning more and more of the things that can lead to being banned.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2006
Yes indeed we are learning
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2006
;d
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2006
unless we count that his change of my signature was a warning

It definitely was.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2006
Now i know, then i didn't like i explained in the email.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by aloib(f): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2006
hmm got banned the 1st time for an hr for posting one topic twice, then the 2nd time, for being a nuisanse, lol that was like for a weeek or so cant remember, got warned once, mamaput and iice wink
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2006
@ aloib

hey girl wassup,
looks like you 3 (mamaput, iice and you), like playing pranks  cheesy wink

do you know if you can delete a topic if you mistakenly post one twice?
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by aloib(f): 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2006
hahah i'm good o, prank, lol no we got the same warning bout our locations, lol

i dont think so how are u and school?, are u in school, lol
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2006
I know your good, just messing with you.

I'm fine and school is fine. this is my last semester so i only have two classes that are independent study (i'm left on my own to do my research and have a presentation in december)
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by aloib(f): 3:35pm On Sep 15, 2006
wow lucky u, sha lets stop spamming b4
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2006
yup, we better grin
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by edygirl(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2006
I begged suen to ban me for 1 month and he didn't. I tot that was mean.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2006
girl your not serious shocked
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2006
where you trying to get over your addiction to nl?
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mrmayor(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2006
My people,

I got the badge of honour by being banned for 24hrs,because I gave a hypothetical answer to hypothetical question,you know one of those "What would you do if" kind of questions.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by nilla(f): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2006
mrmayor:

I gave a hypothetical answer to hypothetical question,you know one of those "What would you do if" kind of questions.

Are we not allowed to do that
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by ZuluNation(m): 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2006
Mr Admin Banned me for an hour for going off topic, without private massaging it's hard to see someone you know and not want to say Hi or find out how they doing. I'm sure iice knows what I'm talking about.

If you reading this Mr Admin, when are you going to bring back Private Massaging ?
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by edygirl(f): 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2006
I really want to be banned.Even if it is permanently, I am ok. I just need it for real.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by Brownsuga(f): 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2006
lool edygril!!

I think one should be warned before being banned!
I myself, havent been banned, but would like to be warned beforehand!
gosh i didnt know there were sanctions on cyperspace too!
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by mrmayor(m): 11:49pm On Sep 15, 2006
The whole point of on-line discussions is where everyone is allowed to say what the want,regardless of how irrelevant it is.Recently in Ireland there is a new TV show called Extreme Views,where everyone from the IRA,Islamic Fundamentalist,White Power and Aryan Nation have being given the opportunity to speak.You may find their opinions disgusting but you can't deny them or arrest them because a man says he supports the 9/11 attacks.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by ZuluNation(m): 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2006
I don't want you to be banned edygirl, you my sister and I'll miss you sad
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by edygirl(f): 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2006
Zulu my dear, it seems as if I can't concentrate much on what I am doing cuz of this so I really need it. Though I have been off line for some days now. I mean nairaland is so addicting like it got ammonia in it. grin grin grin. Same reason smokers can't seem to stop smoking.
Re: Ever Being Banned? Share Your Experience by iice(f): 4:57am On Sep 16, 2006
@zulu yeah i remember that time lol

I agree with mrmayor on the point of being allowed to air ones views but i think sometimes i understand why the bans happens in tems of when people start to fight and it gets really nasty, i suppose the band is to allow them to cool their heads however for minor cases i really dont see why someone should be banned. Yeah why not bring back the PM just to avoid the going offtopic thing grin

Edygirl, i feel you o, thankfully i got other things occupying my mind but something i still make time to come to this place even if its just for a few minutes case in point i have to run in a few but yet am here reading and replying. Addicted indeed! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4)

I Go Die New Look / Practice NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Past Questions And Answers Here / Craziest Haircuts You Must See!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.