Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? (2187 Views)

26-year-old Man Brags About His 57-year-old Girlfriend On Facebook (photos) / I Am Gonna Propose To My Albino Corper Girlfriend On Our P.O.P Day / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend On The Road In Ojuelegba (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by focusM: 4:33pm On May 27, 2015
Well,my friend(29yrs) and his girlfriend(26)(which he loves so much and plans to marry) went out on a date and snapped some pictures. He uploaded the picture on his facebook wall and the picture had lots of likes. Well,it didn't go down well with his girlfriend's mum who scolded his girlfriend seriously. His girlfriend's mum told his girlfriend that she is messing up her life because if her present boyfriend ends up dumping her,she may not get any decent guy because she has given out too much publicity for a relationship that has not been legalised. She added that the guy has not done formal introduction to the family and has no right to upload her daughters picture in a public platform because that may discourage other serious suitors. My friend has been feeling down since then because they both love each and want to get married but he is still trying to set himself up financially. So is it a bad thing for guy to post his serious girlfriend's picture on facebook and can this discourage serious suitors in future?
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by agarawu23(m): 4:35pm On May 27, 2015
which one be serious? so you have the ones you date for fun?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by ArchEnemy(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2015
The Mum has a point
He should delete the pictures. Simple
Some don't see it as a big deal; some do
Just blend and move on. YOLO.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 27, 2015
Not that bad, it depends on the two matured minds.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by damseyl(f): 4:55pm On May 27, 2015
that's kiddish
Pictures of their marriage cermony, fine!
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by MizJanet(f): 4:55pm On May 27, 2015
" what an adult see while sitting down , a young person cannot see even if he climbs the tallest tree "

The mum is right .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by 2dice(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2015
damseyl:
that's kiddish

Pictures of their marriage cermony, fine!
uhmn... U wanna swear no guy has upload ur picsure b4??
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by 2dice(m): 5:11pm On May 27, 2015
The mother mean business Oo...in my own view ... She can't wait for u or is it your friend to Hammer .... Any financially ready-made guy ... Oboy your babe don port be that ....

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by dlex21(m): 5:26pm On May 27, 2015
Well... It isn't bad though depending on the parties involved... Though there shouldn't be too much publicity cos if for some unfortunate reasons the relationship didn't work out...eyebrows will be raised and questions will be asked.

I once did the same thing but when I realized it was gaining too much publicity, I hid all the pictures asap cos everyone ranging from family to friends, far and wide were like "so na your babe be that" and I don't like such.

So your friend shouldn't be too down about it. He should brace up, work harder, make the thing formal, prove her mom wrong and all will be fine. May God bless our hustle

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by damseyl(f): 5:44pm On May 27, 2015
2dice:
uhmn... U wanna swear no guy has upload ur picsure b4??
at all!
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by IamLEGEND1: 5:51pm On May 27, 2015
some nigerian parents just too razz abeg
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by DrGroove(f): 5:52pm On May 27, 2015
Her mum is right
There is nothing like serious girlfriend
I once uploaded a picture I took with a colleague, just a friend at school on my whatsapp. My parents saw it,all hell broke lose

It's shameful for a girl to be associated with a guy who isn't her husband in public

Relationship should be a secret till it materializes

A man can flaunt 100 girls as girlfriends, another 100 girls are waiting to marry him

But for a woman,once you have been identified with one man...sorry! Other men run away from you and if the relationship ends,nobody gon approach u..nobody wants a leftover.
moreover, It's not just nice to showcase who you are having premarital sex(That's what people do n call it relationship ) with to the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by Rapsodee(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2015
So far she is still at girlfriend level,will never do that,only marriage pictures or engagement pics I can upload.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by 2dice(m): 6:48pm On May 27, 2015
damseyl:
at all!
eerm... which of Dem is U @dp ... Lemme break the jinx
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by forandy(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2015
DrGroove:
Her mum is right
I once uploaded a picture I took with a colleague, just a friend at school on my whatsapp. My parents saw it,all hell broke lose

It's shameful for a girl to be associated with a guy who isn't her husband in public

A man can flaunt 100 girls as girlfriends, another 100 girls are waiting to marry him

But for a woman,once you have been identified with one man...sorry! Other men run away from you and if the relationship ends,nobody gon approach u..nobody wants a leftover.
moreover, It's not just nice to showcase who you are having premarital sex(That's what people do n call it relationship ) with to the world.

This comment got potential
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by focusM: 7:39pm On May 27, 2015
DrGroove:
Her mum is right

Hmmmmm,ok o
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by focusM: 7:40pm On May 27, 2015
dlex21:
Well... It isn't bad though depending on the parties involved... Though there shouldn't be too much publicity cos if for some unfortunate reasons the relationship didn't work out...eyebrows will be raised and questions will be asked.

I once did the same thing but when I realized it was gaining too much publicity, I hid all the pictures asap cos everyone ranging from family to friends, far and wide were like "so na your babe be that" and I don't like such.

So your friend shouldn't be too down about it. He should brace up, work harder, make the thing formal, prove her mom wrong and all will be fine. May God bless our hustle

Best reply so far
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by marcondo13: 7:43pm On May 27, 2015
The mother has a point! But, she was protecting her daughter. Dont forget that this is Africa. Women are an endangered specie.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by focusM: 10:55pm On May 27, 2015
marcondo13:
The mother has a point! But, she was protecting her daughter. Dont forget that this is Africa. Women are an endangered specie.

Ya,that's true.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by kandiikane(m): 11:24pm On May 27, 2015
DrGroove:
Her mum is right

Nonsense. One can't take photo with even a friend again? Change your mindset mehn, it stinks.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by DrGroove(f): 11:38pm On May 27, 2015
kandiikane:

Nonsense. One can't take photo with even a friend again? Change your mindset mehn, it stinks.
One can take pictures with friends but uploading them on social media is not wise. The society reads "meaning" into every association btw a man and a woman.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by mrdrizzy(m): 1:40am On May 28, 2015
Yeah her mum is right

but eh

wetin d mama dey find for facebook??

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by suzzy16(f): 1:55am On May 28, 2015
mrdrizzy:
Yeah her mum is right

but eh
wetin d mama dey find for facebook??
lol,funny
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by Cutest001(f): 8:11am On May 28, 2015
DrGroove:

One can take pictures with friends but uploading them on social media is not wise. The society reads "meaning" into every association btw a man and a woman.

He should delete it or I slap him..
I have a picture I snapped with a guy (just a friend) on my BBM... We were on a ride at a park and the picture was cool >>>(so I think)
I found out my crush just talks to me using monosyllabic words... Even when I asked about how he manages with fueling his car... he just said " I am ok with it"
THat has been on for like a week because I forget to change/check my DP .. I am so going to remove it now
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by temmym4(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2015
DrGroove:
Her mum is right

colleague? not even a school mate Mummy's boy. u better grow up. ;-D

DrGroove:

No offence, but are you an S.U? You mean I should tell my fiancee to hide behind the tree till evening or probably see her inside the thick bush before we could talk. Make she dey pass window come inside my room cos we must not be seen associating.

DrGroove:

Another reason for people to cheat with maximum effort. continue.

DrGroove:
for a woman,once you have been identified with one man...sorry! Other men run away from you and if the relationship ends,nobody gon approach u..nobody wants a leftover.

Very funny, even girls that are into serious and open relationship, some guys striving so hard to snatch her from her bobo.
bro you need to see the outside world and stop making suggestions based on your own interest. no offence.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by Nobody: 10:43am On May 28, 2015
What are we saying here?
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by focusM: 1:00pm On May 28, 2015
temmym4:

colleague? not even a school mate Mummy's boy. u better grow up. ;-D

No offence, but are you an S.U? You mean I should tell my fiancee to hide behind the tree till evening or probably see her inside the thick bush before we could talk. Make she dey pass window come inside my room cos we must not be seen associating.

Another reason for people to cheat with maximum effort. continue.

Very funny, even girls that are into serious and open relationship, some guys striving so hard to snatch her from her bobo.
bro you need to see the outside world and stop making suggestions based on your own interest. no offence.

Abi o
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by solid3(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2015
focusM:
Well,my friend(29yrs) and his girlfriend(26)(which he loves so much and plans to marry) went out on a date and snapped some pictures. He uploaded the picture on his facebook wall and the picture had lots of likes. Well,it didn't go down well with his girlfriend's mum who scolded his girlfriend seriously. His girlfriend's mum told his girlfriend that she is messing up her life because if her present boyfriend ends up dumping her,she may not get any decent guy because she has given out too much publicity for a relationship that has not been legalised. She added that the guy has not done formal introduction to the family and has no right to upload her daughters picture in a public platform because that may discourage other serious suitors. My friend has been feeling down since then because they both love each and want to get married but he is still trying to set himself up financially. So is it a bad thing for guy to post his serious girlfriend's picture on facebook and can this discourage serious suitors in future?

The bonded part is the reason the girls mum was not happy about the whole thing.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by octopusfreaky(f): 3:18pm On May 28, 2015
DrGroove:
Her mum is right

Nawa oooo but it's true sha,,it drives potential suitors....
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by amokeme(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2015
The mum is right.. I learnt my own lesson the hard way.
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by tohpahz(f): 4:11pm On May 28, 2015
Mehnn.. the mum is right in a way..
Re: Is It Bad To Upload Pictures Of You And Your Serious Girlfriend On Facebook? by Brugo(m): 4:40pm On May 28, 2015
If you want her, go and see her mother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now We Breaking The JINX , Naija Brothers Are Wising Up. / When Ever Your Ex Texts You... (pic) / Why Do You Think She Does This? Is It Like True Love Or Pretence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.