Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (49095 Views)

Blackberry Or Nokia C6? / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 / Sony Ericsson k7001 WAP Configuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mamba(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2005
Sonyericsson W900 is out finally and it's my next target, this sure is a Nokia killer...
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by sotsamy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2005
i know the w900 is to bad what nokia phone compares up to that(excluding the n series) oh wat happend cat got cha toung cheesy wink
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by seeni4ever(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2005
every brand of phone is ok it's all depends on what each or their model can perform. and when we are talking about phone nokia and ericson is nothing compare to sony and motorola
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by madam: 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2005
Sagem!!! Sagem!!! Sagem !!! cool
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by jhydosky(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2005
Honestly,of d two i dont know who's to adjudge the best. Though i tilted to say NOKIA considering thatav used quite a no. of their sets; but recent sony erricsson sets are making me think otherwise especially when you considertheir features!

But one thing remain indubitably outstanding...Sony Ericsson are integrating digital photography into their handset and there's no SE handset whose camera does not beat a nokia equivalent.

User friendliness however gives all nokia range the obvious advantage!

doubt this? I have my proofs!!!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by jhydosky(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2005
Sorry guys, do you know of any Nokia model better than sony ericsson's W800

Equivalents please!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2005
Alrite girls and boys... let me tell you a lil' about my SonyE bluetooth enable phone.... apart that I can browse HTTP on it via blueT... I can remote my notebook computer with it. I hardly use my digital camera and mostly use my SE as a imaging capturer and when I upload it... the pictures are ... cool?...no thats not the word...the pictures are wow (see the picture below).
Ok Nokia enchained... lets me not lore y'all into getting a SE phone cuz its interactivity is way to off the hinges 4 y'all and u might end up delecting all your contact...it nothing like nokia's oneway old-school navigating softkeys. grin

Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 11:07am On Dec 30, 2005
Nokia's the cup wink
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by cushman(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2005
eslynera:

Nokia's the cup wink

Yeah baby, let them know smiley
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Farriel(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2005
Nokia. Sony Ericsson. These are really great phone makers but Nokia undoubtedly is running away with the title of world's No.1 phone manufacturer. Whether it's as a result of the huge numbers of phones they produce or the quality of the phones, I'm not very sure which right now - but maybe, it's quality over quantity.

I'd personally go for a solid Nokia phone anytime than stick to a comparatively high SE phone that isn't extensible, except their P9 series which are really excellent smartphones. My reason for a Nokia is simply because their phones use the Symbian OS, which is by far the best OS out there for mobile devices and are rugged - perfect for our Nigerian terrain. Some SEs do have the same Symbian OS, but most don't, and ruggedity is a problem to the ones that do have.

For the much hyped W800, I think that's simply a solid MP3 player phone, but it's core functionality as a user-friendly phone to me is found wanting in lots of areas.

All in all, to me, Nokia is better. Sony Ericsson is the closest and most powerful rival in the chase for the greatly coveted title owned by Nokia - The World's No.1 Mobile Phone Manufacturer.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2005
Nokia is nice.... I have to give it its kudos. If depends on what you are looking for in a phone. If you are looking for a phone with functionality I will advice you go for SE but if you are so clumsy and drop you phone alot go for nokia.
Nokia was built with one thing in mind... AFRICA.
SE is build with one thing in mind... THE FUTURE (of both africa and the other continent though).
Check out the new Nokia N series... it some how spell SONY ERICSSON... alot of functionality there belongs in SE.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by kusharki(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2005
Hello all, I prefer Nokia because of its durability, rugedness, easy to repair and good for naija life of struggle.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by dennizman(m): 8:37am On Jan 03, 2006
The arguement here is really crooked,i m sorry to say.whether it is SE or nokia,what we are supposed to use as a debating subject should vary since both phones have where they beat each other. Talking about longevity,nokia is no doubt the king due to its longer date of use till its end time. Talking of durability,reliability or other qualities in this line,it much depends on the model and users preference. Coming to phone functions and tasking,similarly comparable models of both phones will show that sonyericson is better. Nokia has the market at the moment,and is selling more than se,but in truce,it cant be compared with se in its functions and high-tech...<from conventional sources>.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by pearlrocks(m): 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2006
its relative,all depends on what features ure looking for in a cell phone!!!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 10, 2006
The arguement here is really crooked,i m sorry to say.whether it is SE or nokia,what we are supposed to use as a debating subject should vary since both phones have where they beat each other. Talking about longevity,nokia is no doubt the king due to its longer date of use till its end time. Talking of durability,reliability or other qualities in this line,it much depends on the model and users preference. Coming to phone functions and tasking,similarly comparable models of both phones will show that sonyericson is better. Nokia has the market at the moment,and is selling more than se,but in truce,it can't be compared with se in its functions and high-tech...<from conventional sources>.

That dennizman was made from the clone of my blood..... tell them brother like it haven't been told before.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2006
Ya guys still debatin
Nokia's the crown
Sony's the cup.....
seeeee??
it's nokia ofcourse, nothing else
debate over... cheesy cool cheesy cool cheesy cool cool cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by queen2(f): 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2006
SONY ERRICSON all the way. its the best
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2006
Nokia all the way, it's the best wink
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by queen2(f): 9:54pm On Jan 11, 2006
smiley rolleyes rolleyes rolleyesrolleyes
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2006
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes tongue
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2006
Till Next year Next generation Nokia i guess will still be taking the lead.Sry sony users u can always sell ur phone and buy Nokia may even start 4rm 3310 lol
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by cushman(m): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2006
mikebuddy:

Till Next year Next generation Nokia i guess will still be taking the lead.Sry sony users u can always sell your phone and buy Nokia may even start from 3310 cheesy

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 10:07am On Jan 13, 2006
3310?? funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 11:22am On Jan 13, 2006
Yes of cos i hope u dont expect them to go and buy 9300 immediatly.Thats where they will start b4 they get to Ngage i will be @ that Communicator(9500) l.o.l
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 12:30pm On Jan 13, 2006
yeah, that's ryte!!!! cheesy smiley cheesy
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2006
@ eslynera Thumbs Up!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2006
@mikebuddy, thumbs up!!1 kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2006
@ eslynera Kool Notin dey hapen!. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by dblock(m): 6:06am On Jan 19, 2006
Sony ericsson Rules Go W800
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2006
Nokia Rules Go 9500
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by kulex2k1(m): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2006
Nokia fan for life
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2006
Up Nokia!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What's The Best Midnight Data Plan Available? / Useful Android Hidden Codes / Xiao Wang Is Disabled, 7 Years After Selling His Kidney For IPhone 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.