Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (49096 Views)

Blackberry Or Nokia C6? / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 / Sony Ericsson k7001 WAP Configuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by cushman(m): 6:07pm On Feb 07, 2006
No going back! tongue

Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Jachoz(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2006
SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Motee(f): 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2006
As much as I know NOKIA is rugged, I still think they are both good and that is comparing the upper grades of the two.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 9:03am On Feb 09, 2006
Nokia lasts longer than sony erickson.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by beautiple(f): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2006
Nokia for life
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by mikebuddy(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2006
Sagem nko? hahaha
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by olawalle: 3:17am On Feb 23, 2006
The issue is not which phone is best, but which features, including economicones, have greatest importance.Nokia continues to lose market share worldwide. They once had good quality control on their product, but this day, they ride on that former reputation. They dump phones of lower quality on Nigerian market, including an increasing number of chinese made ones. Those Nigerains most challenged for Naira in their pocket, thus find themselves stuck to Nokia. But,today they are merely a primarily cheap cell phone seller for the masses, with questionable reliability and durability. Sony Ericsson is number two seller by volume in the world to Nokia, not because ofbettter fancy features, but because these phones have greatter range, and as a result also will drop fewer calls. Their phonees always were built with greater range than nokia phones- In the same area, with the same SIM card, an S-E would amplify up and receive a weak signal from the same tower. What you got, andd still get, is beetter range of coverage with an S-E phone. That is in part why S-E phones also cost more than nokia- but you get what you pay for, in the technology. But all of these claims of fancy features are an ignorant brother's rant. S-E has a few higher end phone features, but they do not makee their money on the high endd, but formthe center masses in most countries. If one wants the very most addvanced andd fancy cutting edge, one goes motorola. In terms of most advancced phones in the world, motorola makes the most technologically complex- from the RAZR to the SLVR to ROCKR. They also make the most advanced smartphones with the best Java implementation, and prodduce the greatest number of quad band phones. Most internationall travelling businessmen, particulalry white men from UK andd USA, you will see use such motorola phones. But one doesn't see motorolaphones n nigeria, because the networks by comparison to Europe and USA are weak andd infantile. GPRS is ubitious andd evverywhere in those countries, as is 2.5 G such as EDGE, as well as G3. Why would motorola even try to sell in a country of people with average salaries so low, with networks that are so base? The answer-they will not. Pick a phone based on your economic need- andd regardless of Nokia or Sony Ericsson, then that is the best phonefor you.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by REDBOAR(m): 12:33am On Feb 24, 2006
Who is talking about motorola here? Wrong idea. Motorola doesn't go anywhere near multimedia.

Even the "sendo x" beats all the motorola series ever made. The "Sendo x" is a 10 times multiple award winning phone. Check the net. Make sure that you don't buy the fake though. There is a lot of the fake in Nigeria. I'm using the original and it's superb.

Sony ericsson is now jumping with thier P990i and M600i phones. They use symbian uiq operating system as against the symbian 60 and 70 series by Nokia.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by eslynera(f): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2006
N smiley
O wink
K cheesy
I grin
A wink
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kissJUST NOKIA kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss IS THE BEST kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss 4 LYFE kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Badman888(m): 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2006
Sony ericsson
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by wormedup(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2006
NOKIA 4 life !!!!!!
sony ericsson is not a bad spec tho, they always have loads of memory and all.
but we looking at symbian operated mobile phones which make it more like ur PC.
just get the software version u want and install, i mean any application at all.
with most others, it's mainly games.
I's say nokia is the phone to have.

Motorola - majorly low battery life.

Samsung - damn, too fragile.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by kraftman: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2006
first i count myself a gadget freakazoid n if u ask me i tell wen it comes to sound and picture quality sony ericson is the bomb nokia is all about durablility sony ericsson is entertainment just picture www.gsmarena.com compare and contrast i guess u can tell from there
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by wormedup(m): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2006
kraftman:

first i count myself a gadget freakazoid n if u ask me i tell when it comes to sound and picture quality sony ericson is the bomb nokia is all about durablility sony ericsson is entertainment just picture www.gsmarena.com compare and contrast i guess u can tell from there

why don't u go to that site and compare the best phone u can get from sony erricsson to Nokia N80, come back and tell me whassup,
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by teckman: 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2006
well,i feel ericsson got better prices for omo boys like us and in most cases nokia like shortchanging peeps,really hate that 3220:no ir,no bluetooth,jus gprs,voice/video recorder so u gats go cop the pc adaptor?, sickens me,and this nokia with ir,no bluetooth,video/voice rec,no mp3 but still more expensive than k700i, well am now a sony fan, nokia is still dope sha, but will rather settle 4 my ericsson anyday, matta of fact gats upgrade to that w800 soon, hahaha
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Bright2(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2006
I am viewing at that perspectively,nokia is operating with past glory. I am using samsung D500 tri-band,but i so love sony erricson,they are really on modern.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2006
nokia allllllll the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thou my fone is a sony ericsson
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:15am On Mar 26, 2006
kai Rhodalyn cheesy cheesy
y we no get poll for dis topic, can someone put a poll
I cheesy think nokia would win hands up
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by kulex2k1(m): 6:36am On Mar 26, 2006
Una still never end this Subject? Nokia is way better than the sony ericsson. There is no comparism, its Nokia all the way and its nokia for lie. NOKIA CONNECTING PEOPLE!
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by vokalguy(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2006
one thing about nokia is their phones last much more longer than most phones, if u drop ur nokia phone in water, its gonna keep on ringing, thats amazing
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by shollyp(m): 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2006
nokia is better and it is the best phone in town
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by owoblo345(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2006
It all depends on what you're looking for in a phone. Personally i'm a music/gadget freak and for me it's SE all the way. I've used a couple of Nokia phones but had to switch to SE for better satisfaction. I'm using K750 presently and intend going for W850 next.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by ualmaz: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2006
Nokia
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by Neoteny(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2006
@olawalle
sho! oboy where u dey get your info from?!!? nokia is still THE MARKET leader in mobile phones in terms of sales and output.  rokr, razr and slvr are more technologically advanced phones!??  sigh. ok, first razr WAS the slimmest phone but LG trumped that claim, second slvr is nothing more than a slab variant of razr and rokr was a poor attempt at marrying ipod with cellphone. didnt work, and ALL THREE PHONES HAVE THAT ANNOYING MOTOROLA INTERFACE!!!!! what are the features in all three that are radically different from say any other recent motorola? now sum up all three and compare with nokia N93 which has a 3.2-megapixel camera with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens, 3x optical zoom and up to 20x digital zoom, as well as autofocus and close-up mode and can capture VGA video at full 30 fps, DVB-H for watchin mobile TV, UMTS, WiFi/WLAN, QVGA Screen (240x320 pixels), GPRS, EDGE, UMTS/WCDMA, Bluetooth 2.0 and to top it all its based on the series 60 THIRD edition running on symbian OS 9.1. indeed, your motorolas cannot touch even the old 3650 talk more of bangers like 7610, 6630, N70 N80 etc which are all relatively old.
the current slimmest fone is samsung's x820 although motorola's new soon-to-be-launched motophone will beat that, but that doesnt render it any mass appeal neither will the overhyped 3G motorazr maxx which to me is still as shite as the original v3.

nokia anyday.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by hayprof(m): 2:47am On Jul 27, 2006
cool Argue Nomore Sony Ericsson Is Here cool[color=#000099][/color]

Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:54am On Jul 27, 2006
Nokia is the SHIT
But MOTOROLA is up there too
Sony Ericsson is prolly 3rd
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by idea(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2006
hi guys, i'm new here and i like the way issues are trashed hereas well as the way things are presented.thumbs up, i need to know the price of a new sonyericsson K750i in computer village, pls someone to help me out, thank you.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by gbabu: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2006
I have used a lot of phones in my time, and i wonder why SE is not in everybodys hand. Go for SEw810i its the real deal. Nokia is the market leader-why not selling a lot to the make your call people 3310. Niger we like it cheap and common. SE da best. Nokia common mans meat. eat and be happy. if u cant get a SE go 4 a Sagem Myx something until u can upgrade. Nokia d dull.
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by hayprof(m): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2006
@idea u welcome! Where do u stay,r u in Lagos I'll advice u take a stroll down to computer village to see for ur sef and make enquiries.Its beta to b there than to be told,
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by slary(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2006
ERICSSON of course, for anybody that have taste! grin grin grin
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by slary(m): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2006
ERICSSON of course, for anybody that have taste! grin grin grin
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by cushman(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2006
If you want both taste and style go for Nokia
Re: Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? by biomic(f): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2006
nokia is better,sony ericsson gives headaches after a certain period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

What's The Best Midnight Data Plan Available? / Useful Android Hidden Codes / Xiao Wang Is Disabled, 7 Years After Selling His Kidney For IPhone 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.