Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. (8800 Views)

Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / How Man Took Aphrodisiacs And His Girlfriend Paid Dearly For It / Trying To Forget Someone You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 28, 2015
Burningstar:

A lady gat to keep her pride embarassed
The reason why u re unable to forget him is that, you will be thinking he may come back to you when you least expect him. That thought is deadly. What you should do is that: give yourself some time like a year before thinking of relationship again. If he doesn't come, dnt hate him; like him more. That will give you a sense that helped a weak soul with forgiveness and see it as a kind gesture to somone in need of 4giveness. Then, open ur heart again 4 another man. I did that for a very beautiful girl. She is still, til today, surprised about why I dont hate her. Her child recently died. Without knowing anything, when she saw me on a bike in town, she fixed her gaze on me for minutes. I then asked a friend why stil feel somtin for me. Then, I was told her child died. I went to her fabric store to console her. She loved it and wished I could be hers again.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by idu1(m): 11:56pm On May 28, 2015
Burningstar:

I'm an introvert so your point 2 is somewhat not that easy as for 4 there only one source of communication and its in my head even when I don't want to send a message, after a long while I just do it.
I presume he's facing some kind of stress over there. That he want to be alone to get things fixed.

I advise u give him more time....
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 11:58pm On May 28, 2015
Daseed4:
The reason why u re unable to forget him is that, you will be thinking he may come back to you when you least expect him. That thought is deadly. What you should do is that: give yourself some time like a year before thinking of relationship again. If he doesn't come, dnt hate him; like him more. That will give you a sense that helped a weak soul with forgiveness and see it as a kind gesture to somone in need of 4giveness. Then, open ur heart again 4 another man. I did that for a very beautiful girl. She is still, til today, surprised about why I dont hate her. Her child recently died. Without knowing anything, when she saw me on a bike in town, she fixed her gaze on me for minutes. I then asked a friend why stil feel somtin for me. Then, I was told her child died. I went to her fabric store to console her. She loved it and wished I could be hers again.

From your first statement its as if you entered my thoughts embarassed Funny enough we didn't date, we were just good friend who were in love with each other, it was at the point we should start dating that everything crumble and that was three months ago.

I don't have any problem forgiving him, infact I don't even see any wrong, All I wish is just that we could be together or at least explain to me why he can't date so I'll just understand .

I guess I'll follow your advise and just get the thought out of my head.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 12:00am On May 29, 2015
idu1:
I presume he's facing some kind of stress over there. That he want to be alone to get things fixed.

I advise u give him more time....

Then he should just tell me embarassed
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Crieff(m): 12:18am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar, which continent are you in?
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 12:19am On May 29, 2015
Crieff:
Burningstar, which continent are you in?

Africa
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Crieff(m): 12:26am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

Africa

Ok.
Take it
Step by step
Day by day
Time will jade memories of him until it becomes obscure...like a frosted glass.
Your heart will love again.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by oshe11: 12:42am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:
Well it turned out that I fell totally in love with the wrong person and though he claims to love me more but for reason best known to him we can't date and the distance between us (continents apart) which I don't even care about. The problem now is we hardly communicate, we used to but he just stopped when he found out I fell for him and its been month but still I can't purge him out of my system, trying to has been the most difficult job I've ever done.

Please I need ideas on how to forget about him before something else happens sad
tryin puttin a loaded gun on ur forehead n pressin d trigger......

If afta dat U stl cnt stop lovin him contact IFA
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Rexnegro(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:
Well it turned out that I fell totally in love with the wrong person and though he claims to love me more but for reason best known to him we can't date and the distance between us (continents apart) which I don't even care about. The problem now is we hardly communicate, we used to but he just stopped when he found out I fell for him and its been month but still I can't purge him out of my system, trying to has been the most difficult job I've ever done.

Please I need ideas on how to forget about him before something else happens sad
Be my girl pls, I need a girl like u in my life. Please don't doubt me/us .
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by okedafe(m): 12:52am On May 29, 2015
Hnmmm
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by okedafe(m): 12:56am On May 29, 2015
peeparty:
And if he is not worth dying fo.

1.Read ur books

2.Hangout more with frends

3.Learn a trade

4.Change anyfin daht as a link to him.

5.Plead d blood of jesus

Lol... I love that last part, pleading the blood.
But to be serious, have been there before only that I didn't take people's advise, so I spent 3years hurting. So, how did I get over it? My sister I sought refuge in another. Trust me that's the only way
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 3:21am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

From your first statement its as if you entered my thoughts embarassed Funny enough we didn't date, we were just good friend who were in love with each other, it was at the point we should start dating that everything crumble and that was three months ago.

I don't have any problem forgiving him, infact I don't even see any wrong, All I wish is just that we could be together or at least explain to me why he can't date so I'll just understand .

He likes you. His problem (like mine) is that he thinks 'the higher you go, the cooler you become'. I.e, the more you ascend the societal rung of hierarchy, the more sophisticated or wealthy women you get chance to marry. That's when a man rates sophistication above beauty or virtues. Like getting married to a president's daughter. And as men who might have never been shown love during our hustling years, we justify doing this as a revenge against women folk.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Phboy1(m): 4:17am On May 29, 2015
I agree with you that it is really difficult to forget someone you really love. i just passed through a similar situation. In my case, i blocked her facebook acct so that i dont get to see her pix or her posting. deleted all her photos in my phone/laptop. Though we still talk/chat but after a couple of months, i noticed i no longer miss her like before coupled with the fact that she got married cos that's d reason we broke off. Take it easy u will pull through it with time.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Obinovictor(m): 7:01am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

Well its kinda annoying because he feels the same way and I've given this time but the void is just still there.

If he claims he feels the same way buy does not want a relationship, have you tried asking him why.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 7:03am On May 29, 2015
missclasssy:
There are two ways to do this.
You can choose either of them.

1) Replace the love you had for him with another.
Find someone else to love. Spend time with the person, do what you would normally do with this other guy with this new person.
Enjoy rounds of sex. Build up friendship.

In time you will find out that you would begin to forget about that other guy.
See, Love is an emotion and all emotions wear off at a certain time.

2) Just hate him. Build up hate for him.
Trust me this works for me and it works like magic.

Just Replace every memory of him with hate.

Feelings like anger build up hate. So whenever you are angry, just find a way to blame it on him.
When you are in any sort of pain, even menstral pain, picture him in your hate and create an mental picture of him being the cause or the one inflicting that pain on you.

Trust me in a couples of weeks, you would hate and forget him.

Hmmm. One has to be careful around you
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by DrGroove(f): 7:09am On May 29, 2015
It's sad how and why you even started loving somebody in the first place.
That was a costly mistake. Take heart

JUST HATE HIM... FOR NO REASON.. JUST HATE AND HATE AND HATE!!
Get busy. Make new friends!! You will forget it
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 9:57am On May 29, 2015
Crieff:

Ok.
Take it
Step by step
Day by day
Time will jade memories of him until it becomes obscure...like a frosted glass.
Your heart will love again.

I hope so.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 10:00am On May 29, 2015
okedafe:

Lol... I love that last part, pleading the blood.
But to be serious, have been there before only that I didn't take people's advise, so I spent 3years hurting. So, how did I get over it? My sister I sought refuge in another. Trust me that's the only way

Believe me, I've tried that.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 10:01am On May 29, 2015
Daseed4:
He likes you. His problem (like mine) is that he thinks 'the higher you go, the cooler you become'. I.e, the more you ascend the societal rung of hierarchy, the more sophisticated or wealthy women you get chance to marry. That's when a man rates sophistication above beauty or virtues. Like getting married to a president's daughter. And as men who might have never been shown love during our hustling years, we justify doing this as a revenge against women folk.

Hun shocked

He can't do this to me on purpose.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 10:03am On May 29, 2015
Rexnegro:

Be my girl pls, I need a girl like u in my life. Please don't doubt me/us .

If it was that easy, I won't be single by now .
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 10:04am On May 29, 2015
Obinovictor:

If he claims he feels the same way buy does not want a relationship, have you tried asking him why.

I have, he kept mentioning the distance but I made it clear that he shouldn't bother about that, I know there are other reasons he's refusing to tell me
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Obinovictor(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

I have, he kept mentioning the distance but I made it clear that he shouldn't bother about that, I know there are other reasons he's refusing to tell me

Dear, just forget about him. He doesn't deserve you. Time will heal that wound. Cheers
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

I don't get why you think he needs your forgiveness, he did not string you along, he was never your boyfriend and he explicitly told you he cannot do long distance. The way I see it you have difficulty taking his NO, you want to understand why he is not in a relationship with you even though he has already told you why.

Would it have been ok if he said yes just not to let you down then go ahead to dish shabby treatment? Accept his NO and set yourself free find something else to fill that void in your heart, this is a beautiful time to discover what lifts your soul. Looks like you are bored.

I am sorry if I sound too firm I just want you to set yourself free.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Rexnegro(m): 12:10pm On May 29, 2015
Burningstar:

If it was that easy, I won't be single by now .
Pls don't doubt getting to meet me.. I'd love to have someone like u in my life...pls how can I drop my number so we can chat on whatsapp or talk privately. Burningstar pls
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 12:11pm On May 29, 2015
andromida:

I don't get why you think he needs your forgiveness, he did not string you along, he was never your boyfriend and he explicitly told you he cannot do long distance. The way I see it you have difficulty taking his NO, you want to understand why he is not in a relationship with you even though he has already told you why.

Would it have been ok if he said yes just not to let you down then go ahead to dish shabby treatment? Accept his NO and set yourself free find something else to fill that void in your heart, this is a beautiful time to discover what lifts your soul. Looks like you are bored.

I am sorry if I sound too firm I just want you to set yourself free.

Hmmmmm, you're very correct, Thanks a lot.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 10:09am On May 31, 2015
Burningstar:

Hmmmmm, you're very correct, Thanks a lot.

hey you
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
rogerdat:

hey you

Sir
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Burningstar:

Sir

Mam

how are u?
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Adaeze003(f): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Any update? Me sef too like gist.

But madam op sha, loving someone that is in another continent. I think he did you a favor coz you truly might not love him but rather the "idea" of him.

you know that false personality we attach to that false picture of people in our heads? Been there, done that. I can bet N50 that if he was here in Nija or where ever you are, you won't date him.

Oh... just incase you're still hurting, don't hate him or give him time or delete his pics n all that. just accept the situation. He wants to be just friends? Be his friend, he wants to be left alone? Let him be. It's just easier that way. Forget about dating him though.

You'll find someone else... just be open minded. wink wink
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by taharqa: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Burningstar:

When you saw him like 3 months ago why didn't you guys discuss it since you say you are friends and love each other?

PS: oh! My bad. You said in another comment that you guys live continents apart. I guess he left Nigeria 3 months ago ie assuming you are the one in Nigeria.
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 8:59am On Jun 11, 2015
rogerdat:

Mam
how are u?

I'm good, you?
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Forget Someone I Love Dearly. by Burningstar(f): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2015
taharqa:

When you saw him like 3 months ago why didn't you guys discuss it since you say you are friends and love each other?

PS: oh! My bad. You said in another comment that you guys live continents apart. I guess he left Nigeria 3 months ago ie assuming you are the one in Nigeria.

I'm the one in Nigeria and we've not met.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Sex Facts That Will Make You Laugh / Things Women Say After They Have Finished Having Sex And What It Means (pix) / Why Do Guys Like Sex So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.