Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech (52028 Views)

Read President Buhari's Newyear Message To Nigerians / Fani- Kayode, Anenih, Other Speak On Buhari’s Inaugural Speech / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Sweetguy25: 4:42pm On May 29, 2015
Elsewhere relations between Abuja and the States have to be clarified if we are to serve the country better. Constitutionally there are limits to powers of each of the three tiers of government but that should not mean the Federal Government should fold its arms and close its eyes to what is going on in the states and local governments. Not least the operations of the Local Government Joint Account. While the Federal Government can not interfere in the details of its operations it will ensure that the gross corruption at the local level is checked. As far as the constitution allows me I will try to ensure that there is responsible and accountable governance at all levels of government in the country. For I will not have kept my own trust with the Nigerian people if I allow others abuse theirs under my watch.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by gadedayoo: 4:48pm On May 29, 2015
in tackling boko haram; moving defence headquater is such a good idea i hope it works out finein tackling boko haram; moving defence headquater is such a good idea i hope it works out finein tackling boko haram; moving defence headquater is such a good idea i hope it works out fine

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by kazman117: 5:29pm On May 29, 2015
Krestkross:
Said baba
Haba! U go kil dis man. Is d load not 2 much 4 him to otueke
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 29, 2015
nothing special.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by malonephill(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2015
gajike:
No more state and local govt joint account.

Hope Aregbesola is listening.
4years in office without local government election.
All south west state
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 29, 2015
Well said my president... You shall live long to shame those that wish you death.

Long live Mr president
Long live the federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by CecyAdrian(f): 6:45pm On May 29, 2015
mickey45:

Did you notice he blamed everyone from 1999 downwards? Thank God he knew GEJ isn't the only one responsible.
So now, OBJ knows his scores aren't too great with GMB either
His statement "l belong to everybody and I belong to nobody speaks volume.
He is not here to hide anyone's shady deals or past

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by jaytee01(m): 7:23pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
Whoever wrote that speech deserve some respect, can't say same regarding the delivery. Buhari needs elocution lessons fast, he speaks like someone with cola-nut in his mouth.
Orator, read the speech in your own voice and upload it for comparison.

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by ollyruffy: 8:17pm On May 29, 2015
Very good speech. The only one i disagree is not to probe those past thiefs that have stolen the country dry.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by medar(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2015
Ymodulus:

I love this part
Me too
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by princedegreat(m): 9:23pm On May 29, 2015
Our situation somehow reminds one of a passage
in Shakespeare’s Julius Ceasar
There is a tide in the affairs of men which,
taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life,
Is bound in shallows and miseries.

when buhari begin read novel !!!!
shaa he should read his hand written speech
but this country is lawless without NYSC discharge letter no job but without certificate u fit be President nawaooooo!!!
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by mickey45: 9:44pm On May 29, 2015
sammhi:

I wonder why he thinks the rot started in 1999...if so why did he overthrow Shagari...Nigeria has been rotten for decades..it is becoming more pronounced as our population increases...

I at least we can explain the military rule era as not being a collective one.
But the "democrats" have little to no excuse for not bettering their peoples' lot for they were in one way or the other elected on by the populace for that very reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Motolank: 10:08pm On May 29, 2015
Imanuelle:
Reading...

Baba, me I no gree oh! We haven't suffered for nothing.

All those that have frustrated us, and pushed us to the wall must be probed and made to face the law.
let's read this instead,

For their part the legislative arm must keep to their brief of making laws, carrying out over-sight functions and doing so expeditiously. The judicial system needs reform to cleanse itself from its immediate past. The country now expects the judiciary to act with dispatch on all cases especially on corruption, serious financial crimes or abuse of office. It is only when the three arms act constitutionally that government will be enabled to serve the country optimally and avoid the confusion all too often bedeviling governance today.

2 Likes

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by mickey45: 10:19pm On May 29, 2015
sammhi:

I wonder why he thinks the rot started in 1999...if so why did he overthrow Shagari...Nigeria has been rotten for decades..it is becoming more pronounced as our population increases...

If my little knowledge of history serves me well. I remember reading/hearing from somewhere that he was only foisted in since he was then the most senior army official.

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Caseless: 2:02am On May 30, 2015
GbengaJimoh:
Buhari needs a translator, seriously. Was he communicating in English
if u have a better accent than buhari, post a voice note for us to judge.

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Caseless: 2:03am On May 30, 2015
Mogidi:
Whoever wrote that speech deserve some respect, can't say same regarding the delivery. Buhari needs elocution lessons fast, he speaks like someone with cola-nut in his mouth.
can u post the voice note of ur dad here so we could know how he speak?

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by bashydemy(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2015
That's my President,

LONG LIVE GMB
LONG LIVE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by PassingShot(m): 2:47am On May 30, 2015
abnsugbe:

In the Year 2011,with Tears in his eyes after loosing election,Buharisaid and i quote: i will make jonatan Government ungovernonable'
Today,he is the President of Nigeria,Expecting every thom dick and harry to respect him,obey and abide by the law,forgetting the Law of ‪#‎ Karma‬.....
You're a poor student of history. It was a PDP chieftain that said that and not President Buhari.
Or are you simply a bigot?
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by PassingShot(m): 2:55am On May 30, 2015
bumeks:
u ar beginning to like him as if he wrote d speech himself.....NONSENSE!!!! Pls his supporters shld let him knw we have issues hearing him or better still he shld look 4 translator bc obviously he can't read well
Just to educate you, all presidential speeches, why may not have been written by the presidents, are their words, thoughts, ideas and intentions. Some write theirs personally and those who don't write theirs, review them to ensure the speech represents what they want.

So, in essence, a presidential speech is technically "written" by the president.

Happy now?
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by anfasa3: 7:39am On May 30, 2015
The clock is ticking....get to work baba. Especially the energy sector. Thank you sir.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 7:39am On May 30, 2015
When a PRESIDENT appoints incompetent and corrupt individuals into office.... Scream CHANGE!!!! with hate and burning vengeance in your eyes.. Over 40,000 Nigerians lost their lives and over 100 thousand are internally displaced because we stood by and let it happen. This is the last destiny train at the last bustop and in our hands we hold our last train tickets.. 50 years after and we have not started our journey. If we fail due to our deafening blissful ignorance or docility, 2015 leads into an era of irreversible chaos. We shall become the largest poorest human jungle on the continent. Remembered for being a fool at 50 in spite of the enormous potential and opportunities.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by teebaxy(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2015
Imanuelle:
Reading...

Baba, me I no gree oh! We haven't suffered for nothing.

All those that have frustrated us, and pushed us to the wall must be probed and made to face the law.
kill youtself
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by bholuwatifhe(m): 10:56am On May 30, 2015
9ice speech GMB &PMB ...More greases 2 ur elbow wen yu start performn ur duty!!
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by juman(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2015
Xbabangida:

I would like to thank the millions of our supporters who believed in us even when the cause seemed hopeless. I salute their resolve in waiting long hours in rain and hot sunshine to register and cast their votes and stay all night if necessary to protect and ensure their votes count and were counted. I thank those who tirelessly carried the campaign on the social media. At the same time, I thank our other countrymen and women who did not vote for us but contributed to make our democratic culture truly competitive, strong and definitive.

I thank all of you.

Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians.

I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.

A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores. The past is prologue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/read-president-buhari-inaugural-speech/

The bolded part reminds me of in 1999 chief bisi akande sworn just with his conscience and perform very well.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by Nobody: 11:37am On May 30, 2015
Elsewhere relations between Abuja and the States have to be clarified if we are to serve the country better.

Constitutionally there are limits to powers of each of the three tiers of government but that should not mean the Federal Government should fold its arms and close its eyes to what is going on in the states and local governments. Not least the operations of the Local Government Joint Account.

While the Federal Government can not interfere in the details of its operations it will ensure that the gross corruption at the local level is checked.

As far as the constitution allows me I will try to ensure that there is responsible and accountable governance at all levels of government in the country.
For I will not have kept my own trust with the Nigerian people if I allow others abuse theirs under my watch
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by OnimiB: 1:10pm On May 30, 2015
Kudos to nigérians, Kudos to his excellency Général Muhammed Buhari. May thé spirit of God guide u to rule thé country aright. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by marynko: 3:20pm On May 30, 2015
nerodenero:
I belong to everybody and belong to nobody grin. Sharp and precise warning cheesy grin cheesy
I belong to every ans I belong to nobody. Pls don't go there and allow your spirit to rule you rather allow the God spirit in you to rule and alway pray.
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by dokunbam(m): 6:53pm On May 31, 2015
ok
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by kodded(m): 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
iyatrustee:
Where are those people who said he wasn't literate?

Listening to the speech reaffirmed my hope in Mr. President
do you still have hope in the dulllard ?
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by kodded(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
Bright4:
I belong to everybody and nobody...

#welcome to new Nigeria! Whre stealing is now corruption.
what about now?
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by kodded(m): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
Agent8706:

The best part of the speech. Many people should be ready for a shocker from this man. Those who think The President can be manipulated by others should have this words etched permanently somewhere in their hearts. Congratulation Mr President and Congratulations Nigeria.
hmmm can you say such right now ?
Re: Read President Buhari’s Inaugural Speech by stsinner: 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
iyatrustee:
Where are those people who said he wasn't literate?

Listening to the speech reaffirmed my hope in Mr. President
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri Mock Shehu Sani Over Resignation From APC / Burial Of Onwukwe Chukwu Obiahu, NTA Staff Who Was Stoned To Death In Kogi / Wike Invites Tinubu To Commission Projects In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.