Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Australia Skilled Independent Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Australia Skilled Independent Visa (15389 Views)

Working Visa to Australia 400k by Agent / Move To Australia Or Canada / 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia (2) (3) (4)

Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 10:04am On May 30, 2015
Hello all, I have a lot of travel plans, which the australia skilled worker is part of, officially am starting my application June 2015, and I will keep this thread posted as it progresses so that people who are interested can learn and those that have done this can guide to. I know there is a thread for australia visa but this is sorely for the independent skilled worker, I admire the canadian federal skilled worker thread, the australia is somewhat similar with little variations. This is the link www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx for read up.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 10:06am On May 30, 2015
The first step is the English Test, I don't have one yet, but I will do one, am going to do toefl since its acceptable instead of ielts, I checked british council no space till July, so I will take ielts instead.

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 10:07am On May 30, 2015
I pray this thread will record great successes and breakthrough,

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by olu77(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2015
ariyibioladokun:
I pray this thread will record great successes and breakthrough,

Amen
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by delishpot: 10:14am On May 30, 2015
Goodluck Sir.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by laimartins7(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2015
Okay sir
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 10:55am On May 30, 2015
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by solin: 3:22pm On May 30, 2015
Why are u writing toefl and not lelts?pls shed more light.
ariyibioladokun:
Thanks for the comments, I will be writing toefl www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?urlSource=toefl&newRegURL=&test=TOEFL&greClosed=new&greClosedCountry=China&browserType=&toeflType=&redirect=&t_country1=group_Nigeria. I will look for materials to study with or probably buy.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 4:15pm On May 30, 2015
solin:
Why are u writing toefl and not lelts?pls shed more light.
I am doing toefl because of the ff reasons:-
1. Its a recognised english test in Australia.
2. I wanted to apply for ietls but the cap for Lagos British Council is full till July 2015.
3. The occupation falls under either Accountant or Auditors/ Treasurer, and they are still accepting applications so i want to the test

Both tests qualify as acceptable.

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 4:52pm On May 30, 2015
A quick summary of my starting point.-
1. Write an English Test asap.
2. Get my skills assessed by either CPA/IPA(assess accountants) or VETASSESS(they assess auditors).
This is the link to check if they are still taking application for your profession http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx
3. Then i will apply for state nomination,i will be applying to western australia
This is the link to check if your occupation is still in demand
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-wa/occupations-in-demand.

I will keep this thread posted as i progress, but i will be off for a while so i can prepare for English test, if you have any question just post, i'll respond when am free.

Am believing God that with faith my application will scale through.

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Funto900: 8:30pm On May 30, 2015
ariyibioladokun:
A quick summary of my starting point.-
1. Write an English Test asap.
2. Get my skills assessed by either CPA/IPA(assess accountants) or VETASSESS(they assess auditors).
This is the link to check if they are still taking application for your profession http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/SkillSelect.aspx
3. Then i will apply for state nomination,i will be applying to western australia
This is the link to check if your occupation is still in demand
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-wa/occupations-in-demand.

I will keep this thread posted as i progress, but i will be off for a while so i can prepare for English test, if you have any question just post, i'll respond when am free.

Am believing God that with faith my application will scale through.

Wow, am liking this already, will check out the links and see if I can do this too, my occupation is here too

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Funto900: 8:33pm On May 30, 2015
Funto900:
Wow, am liking this already, will check out the links and see if I can do this too, my occupation is here too
I worked as an audit officer too, the accountant has ended o! Let's do this, I have ietls test 6.5. Isn't the cost too expensive lol, I saw the estimated cost of application abt 800k, what do u feel ariyibi.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 8:41pm On May 30, 2015
Funto900:
I worked as an audit officer too, the accountant has ended o! Let's do this, I have ietls test 6.5. Isn't the cost too expensive lol, I saw the estimated cost of application abt 800k, what do u feel ariyibi.
welcome on board funto, thank goodness we are in the same profession, since u have ur english test, then you can move straight to assessment, yes the accountant intake has ended but its still available to ones nominated by territories. Which body are u picking for assessment, I want to fill for the Auditor's post, the competition will be less than General Accountant, and for the money, what av discovered is either how u intend to get PR, one will still part with money. Pls posts ur steps here so that others who want to apply for this type of visa can learn
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Funto900: 8:59pm On May 30, 2015
I can feel that we will suceed in this. Okay, the assessment for auditors is www.vetassess.com.au/, while u are waiting to write english test, you can check this link www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/General-Occupations/Required-Documents, its stated that english test is not needed unlike CPA, then why don't u wait for the ielts test in July, I feel toefl more central, even if its acceptable in australia, ielts is acceptable in more places, and u can use d test to do other things, but if u can't wait lol,
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Funto900: 9:12pm On May 30, 2015
The assessment link is this http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/General-Occupations, its not even hard to fit in. Thanks ariyibi, av been very lazy abt this thing, I just read it casually, its much easier when there is knowledge sharing. The assessment cost is 810aud dollars, like 120k. This thing na money but it worths it. Let me check CPA assessment fees . Can I PM you
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 9:18pm On May 30, 2015
Funto900:
The assessment link is this http://www.vetassess.com.au/Skills-Assessment-for-Migration/General-Occupations, its not even hard to fit in. Thanks ariyibi, av been very lazy abt this thing, I just read it casually, its much easier when there is knowledge sharing. The assessment cost is 810aud dollars, like 120k. This thing na money but it worths it. Let me check CPA assessment fees . Can I PM you
thanks for the info, its expensive , but its better to take a step at a time, please don't send PM, its better to share everything here so we can all learn. Will check the CPA fees too now, so if its cheaper, we can weigh the two options and den decide right? Will go tru the two thoroughly then pick one. Thanks, once again, for joining this thread,

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by okoomoge2(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2015
My sincere advice, please why applying for
Independent PR Visa to Australia, please start looking out for opportunities.

Www.seek.com.au
Www.careerone.com.au

Jobs are very limited in Australia now.

All the best as you voyage to the best country
in the world in terms of standard of living.

My 2 cents

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by JesusDWay(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2015
Are administrative jobs considered under this scheme?
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by bossladymo1: 6:21am On Jun 01, 2015
I would advise you all toggle between this and the other Australian thread. As we have many people who have gone through the process on that thread, and who can give vital and accurate information.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Funto900: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
ariyibioladokun:
thanks for the info, its expensive , but its better to take a step at a time, please don't send PM, its better to share everything here so we can all learn. Will check the CPA fees too now, so if its cheaper, we can weigh the two options and den decide right? Will go tru the two thoroughly then pick one. Thanks, once again, for joining this thread,
hell, I sent u some msgs and mails pls check and reply, am picking CPA
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by Moana(f): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2015
All the best OP
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by olyveoyl(f): 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
ariyibioladokun:
Hello all, I have a lot of travel plans, which the australia skilled worker is part of, officially am starting my application June 2015, and I will keep this thread posted as it progresses so that people who are interested can learn and those that have done this can guide to. I know there is a thread for australia visa but this is sorely for the independent skilled worker, I admire the canadian federal skilled worker thread, the australia is somewhat similar with little variations. This is the link www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx for read up.

@ Ariyibioladokun , Please I am interested can you highlight the occupations that are eligible?, I work in a bank but studied geography
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by solin: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
What is d cost of toefl exam? And when is it going to take place?
ariyibioladokun:

I am doing toefl because of the ff reasons:-
1. Its a recognised english test in Australia.
2. I wanted to apply for ietls but the cap for Lagos British Council is full till July 2015.
3. The occupation falls under either Accountant or Auditors/ Treasurer, and they are still accepting applications so i want to the test

Both tests qualify as acceptable.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by solin: 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
Glad to know accountants are here,it will help me a lot,I observed u guys are equip with info.
ariyibioladokun:
welcome on board funto, thank goodness we are in the same profession, since u have ur english test, then you can move straight to assessment, yes the accountant intake has ended but its still available to ones nominated by territories. Which body are u picking for assessment, I want to fill for the Auditor's post, the competition will be less than General Accountant, and for the money, what av discovered is either how u intend to get PR, one will still part with money. Pls posts ur steps here so that others who want to apply for this type of visa can learn
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:16am On Jun 05, 2015
okoomoge2:
My sincere advice, please why applying for
Independent PR Visa to Australia, please start looking out for opportunities.

Www.seek.com.au
Www.careerone.com.au

Jobs are very limited in Australia now.

All the best as you voyage to the best country
in the world in terms of standard of living.

My 2 cents
thank u for the advise, av registered at both job sites, but is it not too difficult to get jobs while in Nigeria(just saying though), but av started applying. God bless you.
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2015
solin:
Glad to know accountants are here,it will help me a lot,I observed u guys are equip with info.
lol just reading and researching. Welcome on board
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:19am On Jun 05, 2015
solin:
What is d cost of toefl exam? And when is it going to take place?
Pls check the link I posted above, its 38k, diff centres in Nigeria
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:21am On Jun 05, 2015
olyveoyl:

@ Ariyibioladokun , Please I am interested can you highlight the occupations that are eligible?, I work in a bank but studied geography
there are a lot of occupations just follow the link and check
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2015
Funto900:
hell, I sent u some msgs and mails pls check and reply, am picking CPA
I replied to, let's go with CPA then, pls try to posts updates on the thread as u progress, so we can learn from others,and vice versa
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:31am On Jun 05, 2015
For those who want to apply for jobs, u can get ur resumes reviewed to meet the standards, so that prospective employers can understand and appreciate your experiences, I paid 1.95dollar to Live career for a 14days subscription, so I was able to pick diff designs, restructure and evaluate my resume. If you want an expert to rewrite it will cost more, so I just opt for editing my self, since there are a lot of templates for diff occupations, with the 1dollar I was able to download in pdf and word. They charge 1dollar for getting acess and 39dollars or so after 14days, so u can quickly opt out, by cancelling ur subscription (you will have to input ur card details) so cancel ur subscription to avoid any automatic debit. Success to all

Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by ariyibioladokun: 7:42am On Jun 05, 2015
https://www.livecareer.com/ that's the link to Resume Builder, fcmb charged me 214naira
Re: Australia Skilled Independent Visa by nna4ke: 11:13am On Jun 05, 2015
ariyibioladokun:

aribi and co thanks for this trend I'm a professional welder with AWS, pls how can I apply for this visa?
thanks.

Paying For Uk Visa Application Using Verve (powered By Mypaga) / Which Country Can I Travel To With 1 Million Naira / Student Visa Interview Frequently Asked Questions And Answers

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52