Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs (79808 Views)

Army Sacks Jonathan, Yar’adua’s Ex-adcs, 58 Others / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Nicepoker(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2015
achemedez:
See as u book space? Ur name says It all NICEbooker* grin
lol. U can join our booking committee.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Nicepoker(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2015
achemedez:
See as u book space? Ur name says It all NICEbooker* grin
lol. U can join our booking committee.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by 6fit(f): 7:30pm On May 30, 2015
I like GEJ adc, his got d carriage and look too dure of himself. Too much cash and side chiks for d guy......but nawa o, un go soon compare d two first ladies punna
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by VickyRotex(f): 7:32pm On May 30, 2015
eleko1:
One is already over bloated with $£€ stashed away in a bunker/underground tank.The new one look handsome/scheme to eat.I give Vickyrotex the first one as hubby. undecided lipsrsealed*walk away smiling

Lmao....

If I catch you ehn...

You'll walk away crying sad angry
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by omisakint: 7:39pm On May 30, 2015
sniper77:

He won't retire.he has carried out his duties as aide de camp to the president and most likely he will be promoted and assigned to another formation.

A major can't be an aide de camp to the president and he is a lieutenant colonel .His rank is higher than that of a major.he is due for promotion to the rank of a colonel.

Thanks for the gentle correction boss. My point is that he may not be able to stand the beef if he returns to the barrack. Once again thnks for the correction
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by AdeniyiA(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2015
Battery1:
Pls wat is d work of ADC
He helps In keeping quickie bribes lipsrsealed
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by AnneMomoh: 7:52pm On May 30, 2015
Princefame1:

sorry, are u from EDO?

nope
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by frank043(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2015
The PMB's ADC is in the Military Police corps,while GEJ's (former) ADC is an infantry officer. Both corps are cool to pick an ADC from. The question is can they take a bullet for the president? Former ADC to IBB took a bullet (infact,he died) for IBB during the Major Gideon Orka led 1990 coup to oust IBB. I like the ADC thing...it brings one to lime-light. I see myself there in the NEAREST future,God willing.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 30, 2015
Since I started being aware of what ADC means, honestly I've never seen an ADC with so much swag than that of GEJ.

The job has a definition and he's simply the definition.

He's such a calm, gentle but fierce-actioned guy.

I make friends with such people. cool

PMB's ADC looks too stiff, religious and unsociable for such a post. undecided

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by donphilopus: 8:09pm On May 30, 2015
donveekings:
That guy was my NYSC camp director at Asaya camp in Kogi state. He has Auchi link( maternal) and he was a very arrogant but intelligent officer.

I guess you served alongside Mr Pataki because he also said this man was his camp director during his camping days in Kogi State. He was also commended by him. I believe Buhari has chosen the right person as his ADC. BTW, are you from Edo State? Auchi is very close to my town!
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by donphilopus: 8:16pm On May 30, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

Cool.
I never wanted to comment but dis ur post pushed me to.

We are ready for whatever thing u want to bring. Let me list my co-agents of #CHANGE.

The fierce Omenka
The relentless Midolian
The ever-ready Agarawu23
The daring theVoice
Not forgetting TheDauraMallam and, the Queen herself, NgeneUkwenu,
my main G. Which is Akashi01,
this list will be incomplete if i dont add the legend himself, PassingShot, Mutuwa, Iyangbali and Ymodulus, including me, ZeezaRapture.....and all others i cant remember now.

#WeAreReady.

So, dare to say any trash against the government of PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI and you will see what will hit you by the people i mentioned.

@TANoids, dont say i didnt warn you.

Lwkmd..... I love that boss. Let him know that his followers are ready to march for Buhari. cheesy grin The piast thinks he can just insult (not criticised) Buhari without being pounced on!

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by frank043(m): 8:18pm On May 30, 2015
Bifwoli:
GEJ's man has more medals on his chest ,he has a proper green beret and is professional.

Buhari's man has no medals,red beret from Boko haram and looks unprofessional with a t-shirt showing.

There is absolutely no term like 'proper beret' in the Nigerian Military! He is an infantry officer,and that's part of their uniform...GREEN.

His RED beret tells that he is a military police by commission. The white inner-wear you see is also part of their uniform...that's how they wear it,they allow it tucked out a bit so that you can see the insignia on it.

Pls,before you post,try and authenticate your facts,ok? We learn here...people come here to learn...It won't be cool misleading them with unverified posts. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by gogodaye(m): 8:20pm On May 30, 2015
omisakint:

He will definitely retire cause am sure he won't be able to handle the "beef" waiting for him in the barrack. And am sure GEJ would have given him d rank of a major before he left office(the reason he wasn't commissioned with the rank is because a major can be an ADC).
Like all other adc he will retire and enjoy is connection and loot. Lol
I am wondering... Since when it became the tradition for a Lt. Col.....to get promoted back to a rank he last wore....before his promotion as a Lt. Col......
You guys would do well to get yourselves a little knowledge on the subject matter of discourse before putting up your posts........
It is disheartening that posters before you had effected the correction prior to your forwarding your own comments....You need not be incorrigible to change......

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by mannyiyke: 8:21pm On May 30, 2015
VickyRotex:
They look alike... undecided

They both look okay

Stop all dis comparison na angry angry embarassed
Exactly what i thought: they look alike. But some pple's hatred for GEJ wouldn't allow them to see this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by frank043(m): 8:22pm On May 30, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Since I started being aware of what ADC means, honestly I've never seen an ADC with so much swag than that of GEJ.

The job has a definition and he's simply the definition.

He's such a calm, gentle but fierce-actioned guy.

I make friends with such people. cool

PMB's ADC looks too stiff, religious and unsociable for such a post. undecided

Pls I'd like to know how you know he is a 'fierce-actioned' guy. Have you had any personal dealings with him?
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by omisakint: 8:27pm On May 30, 2015
gogodaye:

I am wondering... Since when it became the tradition for a Lt. Col.....to get promoted back to a rank he last wore....before his promotion as a Lt. Col......
You guys would do well to get yourselves a little knowledge on the subject matter of discourse before putting up your posts........
It is disheartening that posters before you had effected the correction prior to your forwarding your own comments....You need not be incorrigible to change......

My last post says it all. Thanks
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by porka: 8:32pm On May 30, 2015
omisakint:

He will definitely retire cause am sure he won't be able to handle the "beef" waiting for him in the barrack. And am sure GEJ would have given him d rank of a major before he left office(the reason he wasn't commissioned with the rank is because a major can be an ADC).
Like all other adc he will retire and enjoy is connection and loot. Lol

[size=16pt]Oga, you kept saying Major, he is a Colonel, his next rank is Brigadier General.

If they allow his to stay.

Ojogbane is a fine officer through and through.[/size]
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by gogodaye(m): 8:34pm On May 30, 2015
omisakint:

Thanks for the gentle correction boss. My point is that he may not be able to stand the beef if he returns to the barrack. Once again thnks for the correction
I am at a loss at the rationale for your 'beef in the barracks' postulations!
The officer gentleman.... is headed back to his beat.....life's not going to be any different for him.....he'll fall back to his old routine....what we are quick to speculate on is not what runs the life of military officers in the barracks.......
OBJs' ADC....after 2007.....rose to become a Brigadier- General.....and was the Head of the Public Relations Unit of the Nigerian Army until his demise in a fatal car cash whilst the on an official assignment to Kaduna along the Abuja- Kaduna Highway...........

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by RAPHOG: 8:40pm On May 30, 2015
HELLO ALL
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by porka: 8:40pm On May 30, 2015
sniper77:

He won't retire.he has carried out his duties as aide de camp to the president and most likely he will be promoted and assigned to another formation.

A major can't be an aide de camp to the president and he is a lieutenant colonel .His rank is higher than that of a major.he is due for promotion to the rank of a colonel.

[size=16pt]Oga, he is already a Colonel, he was promoted in 2013.

His next promotion is to Brigadier General.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by porka: 8:43pm On May 30, 2015
frank043:

Pls I'd like to know how you know he is a 'fierce-actioned' guy. Have you had any personal dealings with him?

Adegbe:: President’s last man standing

More often, people wonder what exactly is the role of the man who stands studiously behind the President in public, aside providing just security protection. Aide- De-Camp (ADC), as they are referred to in most countries, ordinarily serve as personal assistants to a general officer. The use of Aide-de-Camp is really an age long tradition associated with the military. Nigeria’s present democracy of course, also inherited this system.

While the President as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is entitled to a military officer as ADC, his deputy retains a police personnel in this seemingly enviable position. Typically, the responsibilities of this officer to the President cuts across; providing for the personal well-being and security, and relieving the general officer of routine and time-consuming duties; preparing and organising schedules, activities, and calendars; preparing and executing trip itineraries; coordinating protocol activities; acting as an executive assistant and performing varied duties, according to the general officer’s desires.

Colonel Ojogbane Adegbe is the ADC to President Goodluck Jonathan, the last man standing. He is really first among equals but a highly privileged officer in the military who knows where the king’s horse-tail is kept. Combined with his array of duties which are strategic, politicians see him as a powerful source to get the President’s attention. A Mathematician and a holder of a Masters degree in Intelligence and International Security, the strong built soldier is perceived within the military circle as an upright and fine gentleman combined with his ability to pick a needle with a shot. These qualities and military prowess no doubt made him the preferred choice while the search for the C-in-C’s aide de camp was on.

As then Lt. Colonel, Adegbe first showed up at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on May 6, 2010 for an interview, the day President Jonathan was sworn in as a substantive President following the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua. Besides criticisms that the President’s use of an ADC under a democratic dispensation is old fashioned, Nigeria is not alone. It is a worldwide tradition that the President’s Aide-de-Camp comes from the military.

Indeed, established democracies, and even the dictatorships, adhere to it. One interesting thing is the fact that, the relationship between presidents and their Aide-De-Camps is not different from that between a needle and the thread. As the closest aide to the president, an aide-de-camp has his ears on very important issues. Like obtained in other climes, Col. Adegbe is seen as the third eye of the president as well as his seventh sense. Standing all times on the watch behind the president in public, he cranes his eyes in all direction and in no direction in particular just to observe and give his boss feedback on the general perception about what he does.

Aside other security apparatus within the confines of the Presidential Villa such as the Brigade of Guards, men of the Department of State Security, Defence Intelligence, National Intelligence Agency (NIA), the ADC and the Chief Security Officer, every last point security for the number one citizen appears to rest on him. One thing which the present Aide De Camp to the President is known for within the Presidential Villa and to anyone who has come in contact with him on the job is his calm, friendly but principled attitude to work.

At different public functions, Col. Adegbe in the course of a speech or remark by the President is sometimes seen dropping notes to alert his boss of either an omission or merely to guard him against areas he should not afford to goof. Fortunately for Adegbe, his principal acknowledges these qualities as well.

It was therefore not a surprise with the array of top officers and politicians who converged in the President’s office last year, November 11, 2013 when the ADC was decorated with his new rank of a Colonel. Apart from ministers who attended the ceremony, former Chief of Defence Staff, Ola Ibrahim, led other Service Chiefs to the event. The National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd) did not fail to attend. President Jonathan was joined by his vice, Namadi Sambo and assisted by the officer’s wife, Oluwabukola, for the decoration. His principal said of him: “I thank the Service Chiefs for finding time to be here in this ceremony.

You are a privileged Colonel, otherwise they will not be here.” The President’s remark came during the decoration ceremony of the ADC as colonel. “When you are given higher authority, you are expected to perform according to your status. We hope that whatever you have been doing very well, you will even do more,” the President noted shortly after performing the ceremony.

Gallantly, heavy built Adegbe now wears the new rank of a Colonel, what is fondly regarded to as red neck officer. With his senior military rank, the ADC has the only privilege among several other key principal staff of the President and rides in the same limousine, sitting side by side with his boss and discusses important issues at the pleasure of his principal.

Adegbe is a 1995 graduate of the Nigerian Defence Academy NDA, Kaduna, a member of the 42 Regular Course. He also attended the Kings College, London where he obtained a Master’s degree. However, as influential as the office of ADC to the president is said to be, occupants of this prestigious office are also at risk.

In some countries, they are duty bound to die in the stead of their principal. As a true soldier who is ready to die at his duty post, the ADC must be ready to lie on top of the president or head of state and receive bullets on his behalf.

But they say, “you inhale smoke from making fire in the king’s furnace”, while the ultimate goal is to serve, the expectation exist too that the gains of being close to power, come with this distinguished privilege of ADC position which is the reason for the perception of his high influence.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/adegbe-presidents-last-man-standing/

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by umar745(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2015
U235weapongrade:
Colonel's in the Nigerian Army.
PMB's ADC looks handsome#nohomo
But I enjoyed always seeing GEJ's own behind him then.
He handled it with swag.

What even happens to him now?
Does he go to Otuoke wiv GEJ or does he continue wiv NA...
Most definitely promotion awaits him to a Major.

What are you even saying. How will he go from Conel to Major?? That's a double demotion bro

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by blackprowler: 8:54pm On May 30, 2015
hensben:
Phew! Nairaland don tire me
I go like to chop ban make i rest.

Seems the average Nairalander political section is becoming dumber and dumber. Seems the more mature and knowledgeable people have left. I've not been commenting for a long while before now.

Imagine one saying a Col would now be promoted to a Major. Another who watches TV is commenting that GEJ's ADC who has been promoted Colonel since and wearing the uniform might now be promoted Colonel because ADCs can't attain that rank. What a pity. I learnt all the Armed Forces' Officer ranks since 1986 when I was barely a teenager. Yet everyone is screaming "graduate" while they progressively get duller and duller

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by hensben(m): 9:04pm On May 30, 2015
blackprowler:

Seems the average Nairalander political section is becoming dumber and dumber. Seems the more mature and knowledgeable people have left. I've not been commenting for a long while before now.

Imagine one saying a Col would now be promoted to a Major. Another who watches TV is commenting that GEJ's ADC who has been promoted Colonel since and wearing the uniform might now be promoted Colonel because ADCs can't attain that rank. What a pity. I learnt all the Armed Forces' Officer ranks since 1986 when I was barely a teenager. Yet everyone is screaming "graduate" while they progressively get duller and duller
I call most of them educated illiterate(ignorance).

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Sogan44(m): 9:24pm On May 30, 2015
[The comparison is rili absurd. Wats U̶̲̥̅̊я point in dis
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by o434: 9:53pm On May 30, 2015
Major is not a promotion to him, its demotion because at that rank in the pix, he is already a rank ahead of major. The only difference in the two pix is that one is a military police (the one with the red beret ) and the other one is not.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by luckyman1010(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2015
Keneking:
One is on green, the other is on red.
One is senior in the army.
What is the job of adc?
they are both senior officer but Red cap is a Military Police (MP) or marshal while green is for Admin.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 30, 2015
U235weapongrade:
Colonel's in the Nigerian Army.
PMB's ADC looks handsome#nohomo
But I enjoyed always seeing GEJ's own behind him then.
He handled it with swag.

What even happens to him now?
Does he go to Otuoke wiv GEJ or does he continue wiv NA...
Most definitely promotion awaits him to a Major.

Those guys are Lieutenant Colonels (1 eagle and 1 star on their ranks). A colonel has 1 eagle and 2 stars. More so, a colonel is higher than a major. The ranking of army officers goes thus:

2nd Lieutenant < Lieutenant < captain < major < Lieutenant colonel < Colonel < Brigadier General < Major General < Lieutenant General < General < Field Marshall

1 Like

Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by zaksrocafella(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2015
GMB ADC is a military police indicated by the red colour while the other is not. Note: military police are the displinery arm of d military.... no mercy grin
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 30, 2015
neutrotoba:
cheesy I love the sound of ex-president
Na gun abi na Radio?
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by Smalles: 10:34pm On May 30, 2015
GEJ's ADC is already a Colonel by rank and a senior to PMB's , normal protocol is that he will soon be posted out of the country as a Defence Attaché and subsequent promoted to a Brigadier General . While PMB'S ADC is a lieutenant Colonel who will be due for promotion in 2 years and the C-in-C will be the one to dress him with the new rank . This is part of the selection process for the ADC is done . Bt honestly GEJ's ADC is a really galant officer by the mear look at his physic and compositor the guy is an ADC material.
Re: Comparison Of Ex-President Jonathan And President Buhari's ADCs by darkjorse: 10:45pm On May 30, 2015
What are we comparing.? OP you so shallow and stupidd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Transforms For Buhari’s Inauguration (PHOTOS) / Damian Lawani's House Vandalized 3 Weeks After Gunmen Attacked Residence (pics) / Breaking News : DSP ALAMIEYESIGHA Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.