Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother (1222 Views)

When You Chat Like This With Your Spouse Or Girlfriend / How/where Did You Meet Your Present Spouse Or Bf/gf / Sleeping With Your Wife Or Husband Is Like Sleeping With Your Sister Or Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by oginni106: 9:28pm On May 31, 2015
I recently got married......i just got employed in a company, while i was filling the form @ my house, in the next of kin section, i wrote my junior brother name (he is living with me) but as my wife saw it, she became angry.
Please help asap, who should i choose
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by agarawu23(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2015
no kids yet?
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by umar4sure(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2015
Simple. ME!
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by xpac01(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2015
My guy for the sake of trust, put your wife's name.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by oginni106: 9:36pm On May 31, 2015
agarawu23:
no kids yet?
yeah
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by jmoore(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2015
Your gateman.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2015
Will it to a charity organisation. Till you get a child
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by oginni106: 9:37pm On May 31, 2015
xpac01:
My guy for the sake of trust, put your wife's name.
what of my broda, he will hate my wife
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by ronald4lif(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2015
The can be more than one next of kin.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by agarawu23(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2015
oginni106:

yeah
your wife is the best since both of you are legally married.

blood is thicker than water people will say but you shouldnt trust nowadays boys.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by jmoore(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2015
oginni106:
Divorce your wife and marry your brother.

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Humblebloke(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2015
undecided

Use your head!
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by xpac01(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2015
oginni106:
You've clinged to your as one. Your brother should understand this.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Kasimaramma2(f): 9:44pm On May 31, 2015
oginni106:
I recently got married......i just got employed in a company, while i was filling the form @ my house, in the next of kin section, i wrote my junior brother name (he is living with me) but as my wife saw it, she became angry.
Please help asap, who should i choose
hollywood are fond of deceiving us into beleiving those superficial things they call love.i can never let down my own BLOOD for any spouse.so when i die,he attends my funeral with his new wifey
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Jayjay0(m): 9:45pm On May 31, 2015
If your married with children then it should be your wife BUT if you have plans to die soon and you married with no children then it should be your brother
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 31, 2015
CEOfalconey:

You should know better, who Deserves it
its not a matter of who deserves it.
if you are single, then your brother is your next of kin. If you are married WITHOUT kids then its your wife. As soon as you have a child, it should be your child.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by VickJames(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2015
Your wife should be your next of kin but you will change it to your son later.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by CEOfalconey: 9:49pm On May 31, 2015
sylvalord:
its not a matter of who deserves it.
if you are single, then your brother is your next of kin. If you are married WITHOUT kids then its your wife. As soon as you have a child, it should be your child.

Is it customary or tradionary? In what book? Verse?

Let leave that aside the OP has 2 options in this case, we are to advice him on whom to choose amongst the 2 of them.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by spicykev(f): 9:50pm On May 31, 2015
most Nigerian men wld choose their brother because of the absurd mentality that shl kill them and take all thev worked for away.But if uv got a free mind and you luv and trust ur wife, pls change it immediately. Besides if u don't trust a woman y marry her?

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 31, 2015
CEOfalconey:

Is it customary or tradionary? In what book? Verse?

Let leave that aside the OP has 2 options in this case, we are to advice him on whom to choose amongst the 2 of them.
That's just how it should be. Should one's bro inherit one's stuffs when one is gone and one was married before kicking the bucket?
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by papadjaji: 10:12pm On May 31, 2015
Did u say u r newly married? And u are confused at ds early stage?

I think I support d guy who said ur gateman. Or u can use d nearest ab0ki if u don't have a gateman.

Some marry 4 children. While some 4 love and/or money. Others do because the world does.

Find ur category and u will be clear onwards.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Utchgirl(f): 10:19pm On May 31, 2015
If i'm in ur shoes,i wil choose my broda.

BLOOD is THICKER dan water !
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 31, 2015
The question you should ask urself is; if you die now (God forbid) without a child, who would you want the company to pay all ur entitlements to: your wife or ur brother.

In my opinion, if they pay ur wife, she will simply take d money, flex and marry another man. If on the other hand they pay your brother, at least (all things being equal) he will make sure part of the money is used to take care of ur parents but in any case d money will benefit or remain in ur family. At d same time, ur wife retains d ability to marry another man.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 31, 2015
I'd rather choose family, maybe cos I know in case of death, my family can never deprive my spouse of any benefits.
But spouse? We could get divorced at any time or d person could even kill me to get my wealth.
Family rules over spouse for me o.
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by AfricanApple(f): 11:33pm On May 31, 2015
Jayjay0:
If your married with children then it should be your wife BUT if you have plans to die soon and you married with no children then it should be your brother
grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by AfricanApple(f): 11:35pm On May 31, 2015
your wife of course. is your brother jobless and have no plan of becoming rich himself?
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by Richiy(f): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2015
oginni106:
Are you going around trying to please everybody?
Re: Who Should Be My Next Of Kin: Spouse Or Brother by klins4213(m): 8:40am On Jun 01, 2015
None...even in death...I will be my own next of kin....

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This / Guys, Be Careful Of Who You Marry, See What Happened To A Man In Algeria / Trending Now Twitter: Video Of Sexy Girl Dancing Widly Dancing To A Hot Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.