Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This (1217 Views)

Before And After Pics Of My Body Building ( Two Years And Counting ) / Dating A Lady Who Is Older Than You / "I Need A Husband" - A 26-Years-Old Nurse Posted On Facebook (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
Possible causes:
1. You are a feminist. Guys, especially Naija guys detest feminisim. This is Africa, and feminism almost has no place in our culture.
2. You have been heart-broken i.e. promised marriage but failed.
3. You are promiscuous. Almost every dick, tom and harry has been there. you will want to marry you?
4. You are a snub. You are rude
5. You are too financially demanding.
6. You are lazy and can't do domestic work. Some can't cook.
7. You are hideous - not your fault but not everyone can be fine.
8. You were too choosy in your earlier years. You set very steep requirements that even your father couldn't meet.
9. You are too loud-mouthed on social media
10. You are dirty and unkempt.
11. You hardly go out
12. Your dress sense is provocative and may be suggestive that you are a runs girl.
13. You are too dull a person, and boring to be with.
14. Very rarely, you have chosen not to marry. Or you are taking your time.

Possible Solutions
1. Be approachable. Learn to have a smiling face and put yourslef in positions where you can easily be approached.
2. Dress well, decently and neatly. Look attractive.
3. Learn to hang out alone sometimes. Most men will not approach a lady with company. You don't always have to shopping malls, cinemas, etc. with friends. Go alone, and see yourself being approached.
4. if possibly, drop the idea of feminism.
5. do not put money in the forefront - talking about financial demands very early in a relationship or friendship can scare away men
6. Be realistic with your expectations.
7. if you have been heartbroken, it is time to ket go of the past. past hurts have to go.
8. learn to be interesting to talk to. stop the "k, kk, fine, brb, lol," etc and say something more meaningful.
9. Go to places you will meet people. Be polite and civil.
10. never invite your friends on the first date.
11. reduce the addiction to your phone. learn to interact with real people.
11. If you do all of the above and you are still single please Pray, some situations are spiritual. As a matter of fact, prayers should always come first all the time.
12. be open-minded about it all.

others can contribute

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Flips: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
undecided
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Mixty: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by DrFunmi(f): 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2015
Eeehen. True and appreciated points.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Finally,

I hate bad breath, especially from a lady, it hots (turn off)
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by DankemzI(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2015
olowoba:
Possible causes:
1. You are a feminist. Guys, especially Naija guys detest feminisim. This is Africa, and feminism almost has no place in our culture.
2. You have been heart-broken i.e. promised marriage but failed.
3. You are promiscuous. Almost every dick, tom and harry has been there. you will want to marry you?
4. You are a snub. You are rude
5. You are too financially demanding.
6. You are lazy and can't do domestic work. Some can't cook.
7. You are hideous - not your fault but not everyone can be fine.
8. You were too choosy in your earlier years. You set very steep requirements that even your father couldn't meet.
9. You are too loud-mouthed on social media
10. You are dirty and unkempt.
11. You hardly go out
12. Your dress sense is provocative and may be suggestive that you are a runs girl.
13. You are too dull a person, and boring to be with.
14. Very rarely, you have chosen not to marry. Or you are taking your time.

Possible Solutions
1. Be approachable. Learn to have a smiling face and put yourslef in positions where you can easily be approached.
2. Dress well, decently and neatly. Look attractive.
3. Learn to hang out alone sometimes. Most men will not approach a lady with company. You don't always have to shopping malls, cinemas, etc. with friends. Go alone, and see yourself being approached.
4. if possibly, drop the idea of feminism.
5. do not put money in the forefront - talking about financial demands very early in a relationship or friendship can scare away men
6. Be realistic with your expectations.
7. if you have been heartbroken, it is time to ket go of the past. past hurts have to go.
8. learn to be interesting to talk to. stop the "k, kk, fine, brb, lol," etc and say something more meaningful.
9. Go to places you will meet people. Be polite and civil.
10. never invite your friends on the first date.
11. reduce the addiction to your phone. learn to interact with real people.
11. If you do all of the above and you are still single please Pray, some situations are spiritual. As a matter of fact, prayers should always come first all the time.
12. be open-minded about it all.

others can contribute

My brother no need, they normally end up being Baby Mamasgrin
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by ronald4lif(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ours is a society that has been structured by men to make the womenfolk feel lesser than humans and subdue their value in the society until they are married. How else can one justify piece like this and similar kinds which are geared towards piloting the lives of women and their behavioural formalism thereby ensuring men hold grip of their patriarchal dictatorial-ship.

When are we going to start seeing articles that would beseeched on the menfolk to stop being promiscuous, lazy, dirty, unkempt and whatnots. Should the Nigerian woman lifestyle be subjected to what men wants and expect of them and about getting married at a certain age before the society can regard them?.

Whilst I don't have a problem with a woman imbibing all what you listed and live by such standard, which is acceptable, I do think it's becoming nauseous and loathingly disturbing to observe men think they can control or enforce their views on women while they (men) can live theirs in whichever way they deem fit, just so these women are marriageable in their eyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Bisjosh(f): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
So ladies who are in late 20's-above and not yet married means its their fault?

Men really need to stop thinking like they don't have flaws.

Many ladies that are not married today were jilted by their supposed lovers.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Mixty: 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
ronald4lif:
Ours is a society that has been structured by men to make the womenfolk feel lesser than humans and subdue their value in the society until they are married. How else can one justify piece like this and similar kinds which are geared towards piloting the lives of women and their behavioural formalism thereby holding the grip of their patriarchal dictatorialship.

When are we going to start seeing articles that would beseeched on the menfolk to stop being promiscuous, lazy, dirty, unkempt and whatnots. Should the Nigerian woman lifestyle be subjected to what men wants and expect of them and about getting married at a certain age before the society can regard them?.

Whilst I don't have a problem with a woman imbibing all what you listed and live by such standard, which is acceptable, I do think it's becoming nauseous and loathingly disturbing to observe men think they can control or enforce their views on women while they (men) can live theirs in whichever way they deem fit, just so these women are marriageable in their eyes.
Are you in support of feminism
I am shocked this is coming from a fellow man.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by ronald4lif(m): 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2015
Mixty:

Are you in support of feminism
I am shocked this is coming from a fellow man.

Look beyond the messenger and my gender and address the message.

I'm no feminist but I'm an advocate for an egalitarian society and a firm believer of a fair-mindedness world.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
op dat is so true and the advise is nice.dis sunday is bringing in reasonable thread
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2015
OP, speak for yourself if you hate feminism. I know four Nairaland males that are in support of gender equality.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lol! Really? I'd rather be single thanks grin

#Holla_When_You_Evolve angry
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
That list up there, however well intended, is thoroughly messed up.

So, there's no singlehood by choice anymore huh?

What a load of horse sh!t.

BTW: why is it spinster sounds so much more sinister than bachelor? angry sad
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Hersexynez(f): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
nice point op
but before thinking of marriage, young girl get a life... don't be a liability to d guy.
Re: For Ladies Older Than 26 Years And Are Still Searching, Read This by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
VictoriaBee:
OP, speak for yourself if you hate feminism. I know four Nairaland males that are in support of gender equality.
Only four out of the multitude of male nairalanders? undecided undecided
I guess that's a high percentage to you.. undecided

(1) (Reply)

What A Lovely Story........pics / How To Seduce A Woman Effortlessly With These Techniques [2015 Complete Report] / Who Is The No1 Bad Girl In This Romance Section,i Want To Date Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.