Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Why People Cheat?! Why You're Pleasured But Never Satisfied. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why People Cheat?! Why You're Pleasured But Never Satisfied. (708 Views)

One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. / Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why People Cheat?! Why You're Pleasured But Never Satisfied. by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
I’m always left thinking to myself most times due to my present state of unemployment despite the fact that I have a technical profession that gets me busy and keeps me occupied but lately business has been slow and it’s all thanks to the situation of things in the country… but by GOD’s grace “Ma ri temi se loruko Jesu..” *Smiling

The title above has been debated upon over several decades into centuries sef but the truth is that Pleasure doesn't really guaranty satisfaction. Why?

You might derive pleasure from cooking and not be satisfied with what you have cooked.
You might also derive pleasure from gisting and hanging out with friends but not satisfied with wasting your time with something that isn’t financially, spiritually, socially or physically rewarding.
In the case of relationship, you might be pleasured by having a boyfriend/girlfriend whom u love so much because he/she treats you right, makes you feel special and all sorts but not satisfied by his/her financially standpoint, educational achievements, religious background, some behavioral lapses (He/she picks his/her nose in public without caution, never takes to advice that will benefit your relationship, never keeping or fulfilling promises made etc) and many more.

Many may ask why this is the case but the truth is that, the BODY wants one thing while the MIND desires something Different totally. It is until you arrive at a state of equilibrium where the MIND and the BODY desire and agree on a particular thing, idea or person, only then will you experience pleasurable satisfaction or satisfactory pleasure.

Pleasurable Satisfaction or Satisfactory Pleasure

The type of feeling you get when you get a promotion at a job and profession you love so much and to you services rendered is more like an extension of yourself… it comes effortlessly.
The type of feeling you get when you’re in bed with that special person in your life and after all said and done, he or she brings you breakfast in bed and engage you in a lengthy chitchat encased with much laughter and no drama.
The type of feeling you get when you’re locked in a sweet embrace with your son or daughter after a busy day at work not minding the pleasurable stress experienced by point No1 and you don’t have a single worry but the fact that even if you do have any point No2 will always put your worries to sleep. That is what it means to have pleasurable Satisfaction.

But in a situation where what gives you pleasure doesn't equally give you satisfaction then there is a tilt in the balance of the MIND and the BODY which tends to make one become more
Selfish, Obsessed, lacking conscience, judgemental, self righteousness and many more. For example:

You have a girlfriend/boyfriend who you know you love and care about (Pleasure) but due to some attitudinal lapses (He/She never calls, never appreciative, so self centered, stingy, doesn't clean up after His/herself, talks back at you, physically abusive etc.) then as faith would have it, you meet someone who does opposite of everything your girlfriend/boyfriend does but you don’t feel love in any way for him/her but you are Satisfied with his/her presence in your life.
As long as both Pleasure and Satisfaction aren't derivable from a single source where one’s emotions are channelled to then there is a problem and the circle will forever continue.

Visit my Handle below and read more... Thanks for sparing the time to read through.

1 Like

Re: Why People Cheat?! Why You're Pleasured But Never Satisfied. by Maczeelly(m): 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2015
OKiez

(1) (Reply)

How Is This Possible Please / To My Belove Future Wife / 5 Types Of Kisses That Sends 5 Distinct Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.