Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! (13814 Views)

Bleeding “Jesus Christ” Spotted In Lagos (photo) / Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2006
Tight!!!! cheesy
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2006
@ Lioness,
Hmmmmmmmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by jerrymania(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2006
This really makes me wonder how so many people will actually reason with their own wisdom not with the wisdom of God or his word. I have come to know that God does not honour images or statues even if man made it for him.Then why will God manifest his power through a statue? as Christians we live by faith not by sight and not by any image. Satan knows God detest images and idols of any kind so he tries to draw peoples attention once more to these images, and the weak ones will fall for this,
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2006
Catholics una dey hear cool grin grin grin grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2006
@ Lioness,
Please, since you are the lioness, can you tell me about the Lion? wink (Off-topic)
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by whytee(f): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2006
medube:

Are you questioning the decisions of God?

Why not when He says we shouldnt worsip or bow down to any image. Is God now an author of confusion. No He is not

BlackMamba:

May I remind you all that painful death will be meted out on any protestant or non-believer that ridicules the image of Jesus, Blessed Virgin Mary or any of the Holy Saints. This is a Roman Catholic Fatwa. Be warned!!

Your reminder should have a biblical back up please because we are all learning

goodguy:

She thinks she's wise.  I am sure she didn't miss it.  She left it out deliberately, just so that the verse she put up there will be justified.
Anything in any form of any thing called statue has nothing to do with God. Satan has so many ways of deceiving if possible the elect Matt 24 vs 24

By the way why should you pay much attention to a carved work by a man instead of to God Himself. The statue has nothing to offer Isaiah17 vs 7-8
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2006
lol! Story for another thread wink
KDK:

@ Lioness,
Please, since you are the lioness, can you tell me about the Lion? wink (Off-topic)
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by favourite(f): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ goodguy
At thef first isnstance what is a statue doing in a church and u even called it the statue of Jesus Christ. Dont you read your bible where it was stated point and black that you should not make a carved image of any likeness of anything, in heaven, on earth or benaeth it. So why making a statue of Jesus Christ is it for decoration or what?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2006
BROS KDK why takeing panadol on eazyman headache?ain't talking 2 ya,oky when i'm back i must make sure you come back to waffi, cus i can't just watch you go like that ,non,non c'est ne par bien comm sa chere, bros live meoooo na me and eazyman todayooo
,@ lioness love which one u dey ? don't understand youooooooo any way Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,
cool cool lioness tell me sorry i dey cry make BROS KDK come home,
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ KDK I will tell mummy 4 you [off topic] grin grin grin grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2006
I can see reasons why Christians can never be united.

@KDK and co, this same bible u guys are qouting from was written and compiled by the catholics, hope u know that?

who also told u that catholics were denied access to the bible. I tire for una o

Talking about worshiping images or placing image in the church, i want to sit an example here.

when the children of israel murmured against God and he sent deadly serpents to deal with them, when they repented, God told Moses to erect a serpent made of bronze and whoever lthat is bitten of the serpent, when he looks at that statue of the snake will be made whole.

I guess if that scenario were to repeat itself in this our generation, a lot will be said especially since this statue was that of a snake.

pls if u dont understand the doctrines of the holy catholic church, i think its better u keep QUIET

we are talking about the statue of Jesus here. The statues are placed in churches not for the sake of worshiping it.

in your churches, why is it that you all have the sign of the cross on the building, would it be right if i say you are worshiping the cross.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Iroro,
I am sorry I interfered, never knew the 3 is a crowd rule applied. How do you propose to bring me home ma'am. Bottom power does not always apply to all men you know. wink
By the way, why you wan dey intimidate me with french. Perhaps, when next I am in France, I will holla at youas I am tired of gesticulating in the name of communications. I am mostly in Nantes sha.

@ugonna,
U want to go deep into theology abi? Do you know why the serpent was erected in the first place Numbers 21:4-9? How many times after then did Moses lift up the serpent? Did Moses say they should pray, honour or worship the serpent? Did you read what God said about the serpent? Please read it well, don't mix up things (Numbers 21:4-9). Do you know why God had to give them a visual thing to look at? I am sure if catholics were around as at the that time, we would have had images of snakes in all their churches. A systematic and expository study of Numbers will reveal more truths to you. Have you ever thought of how Jesus explained the bronze serpent? If not read John 3:14-15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

You mention crosses being in our churches. Do you know the difference between the cross we use and the ones you use? Jesus is not on the cross we use. The empty cross reminds us that Jesus was crucified for us to gain salvation and has resurrected. The cross symbolises so many things which I don't want to delve into as they may be too deep for some of our readers but amongst the things the cross signifies to us is the fact that we have to nail our flesh to the croos and carry our cross daily. Unlike you, we don't bow down / genuflect to it when we enter the church. Little or no attention is paid to it or else it would mean we are Idolising it.
I can also see that your knowledge of church history is a bit shallow (when you see comments, your first action should be to investigate it). I am sure you were not aware of the atrocities the church committed in the name of proclaiming the gospel had it been that the pope didn't apologise. Do you know that the catholic church refused to protect the jews when Hitler was persecuting them? I doubt. Study your history church history well and you will realise that at a time, only the priests were allowed access to the bible and the people only listened to the priests during mass. And once again, you make a big mistake, the bible was not written by the catholic church. You really need to know do a little research on church history. You need to know how the bible were translated, the mistakes made and adulterations (plus why it was adulterated). You will also discover how certain kings became the pope at certain periods.

Baby gurl,you are very beautiful and as such I wouldn't like to vex you or else, tongue

But the truth must be spoken. I had made up mind that I will lay my life down for the Cross if the need be. So I am please begging you to lay aside any prejudice and find out these things. Why, where and when did certain things get introduced into the church? We the protestants have our excesses as some denominations go to extreme in the legalistic and liberated mode of worship.

My dear, before I turn this into an something else. I will really like us to rub minds on this issue. We are here to learn or what do you think? I think we all need to pray the prayer that Paul said in Phillipians 3:10.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lovestinks(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2006
wafi people have come again,
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2006
KDK,
num 21:8 -then the Lord told Moses to make a metal snake and put it on a pole, so that anyone who was bitten could look at it and be healed"

thats the only thing God said about the snake. so whats ur point? Are the catholics worshipping the statue of Jesus?

You also said that IF the catholics were around as at then, they would worship the serpent. That to me is an ASSUMPTION.  Who are u to assume?

talking about the cross with Jesus or without Jesus, the bottom, line is THERE IS A CROSS.

What is the difference? Yours signifies the ressurection of Christ abi? How dare u share in the ressurection, when you dont want to be identified with his sufferings, since ours still potray Jesus still on the cross. That is the sign of our Redemption.

And pls, i would like u to give me details of the ATTROCITIES COMIITED BY THE CHURCH abi THE POPE.

If u say that its only the priest that are allowed access to the bible, i must state that u are wrong.

Pls lets try as much as possible to respect each other's belief, What did the pope say that is wrong sef? or are u supporting the moslems? Abi na because pope  talk, if to say na oyakhilome or chris okotie talk, i bet u will see no problem with the speech.

I am not saying i believe any bleeding statue stuff, all i am saying is that there is no reason to kill the catholic faith because u r not one. i am a catholic, but i dont bow to any statue, neither do i worship or pray to any statue.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2006
Ugonna,
You seem to miss my points but let me just give you a hint to one of my points :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/688537.stm

grin kiss
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by gigitte(f): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2006
ugonna please dont mind him jare
some ppl have refused to listen or to understand.
imagine someone saying that saints in heaven or mary cannot hear you? is it because they are dead? if you know anything you will know that death is simply a transition, death is the beginning adn not the end.
as for all this jesus being the sole mediator and the only way unto God, that is true yes. i believe that verse meant salvation is only from God through Jesus, also through true relationship with God is soley through jesus. i don't any catholics that ask for salvation from mary or saints. this is not analogus to honoring mary and the saints and asking them to intercede for you. this is analogus to asking your friends or prayer warriors to pray for you. is it because they are in heaven? remember the bible says death has no power over you.

what about your guardian angels and that prayer. as for mary being the mother of God. noone is suggesting God slept with mary, but she did conceive by the Holy Spirit, who is one with God the father adn God the son through the trinity. so if she is the mother of jesus how can she not be the mother of God.

that is somewhat like looking a big man and saying he could not have a mother because he is so big and powerful, is the big man not the same as the small boy that was nurtured by a mother, as the infant that was borne of her womb. anyway the analogy is not perfect because JC did not grow up to become God, but i hope you get my point

the fact is the only thing that matters is in your heart. even though you are not meant to pray to mary in the sense that you should not equate her with God, some ppl still do those ppl are practicing idolatry and that is bad, but that is not the official teaching of the church. the church should not be blamed from ppl deviating from its catchecism. that is like saying that christianity is bad because christians fornicate. sure a lot of christians fornicate, but is that what christianity teaches us? no, its say fornication is a sin, but ppl go ahead and do it. it is also like saying that a man who looks at a beautiful woman is lusting after her. that is for the man who is looking, he knows if he is lusting or merely appreciating. you on the outside can only speculate. so it is in the heart of catholics to know if they are simply honoring mary or practicing mariolatry but the fact remains that the catechism of the church says nothing about worshipping only honoring and asking for intercessions.

as for the bible, those books were picked by the church to be in the bible. and doesnt it say who so ever adds or subtracts from the bible will be in big yawa? what about martin luther and co that threw out the apocrypha, i wonder if they are in yawa now.
who translated the bible for you, tyndale and co and risked their lives so you can read what your reading now/ was it not them monks and co. so all these splitting hairs your doing is just nonsensical, because if they wanted they could rewritten all these your passages of evidence. furthermore, have you studied hebrew to know that your translation actually means what it means.

how do you know that only in hebrew means the same thing as only in english. that is a huge problem here, ppl just spin arguments based on a secondary language. that is really faulty. i was reading sophocles' antigone which was originally in greek and then made an argument based on its translation into english and it turns out i was wrong because my argument was based on a construct with had meaning in english but none in greek.

obviously somebody will come and refute all i have said
as for the catholic church and jews. they apologised, did john mark not also cut off somebody's ear and jesus corrected him, what about the little children that were making fun of a prophet and he sent hailstones after him. what about the siblings of moses who were evil towards him and his wife? ppl make mistakes, it does not diminish their message, no one is perfect or above God, even peter denied jesus. but we have apologised and we are moving on.

but really was the church the onlly demoniation around during the holocaust? i havent seen other churches in germany that openly accepted jews, all i hear is blah blah blah
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by gigitte(f): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2006
i love being catholic. it is not perfect, far from it because it is a human institution, but me i have been around in terms of other churches and denominations, if you think i will rot in hell, that one nah your own business.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by stillkay(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2006
stillkay love being catholic 2 cool
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ gigitte,
Hmmmm, I can see you are a bit knowledgeable in Church history but you are mixing certain things up and placing them wrongly (perhaps, whoever informed you , gave you wrong info). For instance you got the whole Martin Luther thing wrong because he didn't remove it like you passionately said but sandwiched it between the old and the new testament but with this preface: "Apocrypha--that is, books which are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriputres, and yet are profitable and good to read."

Since you seem to be on the research side, My sincere advise is for you to look deep into how the Roman Catholic Church came to be the church that it is today. Why is it called the Roman Catholic Church and not just the catholic Church? Why is Roman Catholicism a religion and not a way of life like christianity? When did Roman catholicism begin?Who are Clement of Alexandria (150-217 A.D.), Jerome (340-420 A.D.) & Augustine (354-420 A.D.),? What was the main objective of the THE COUNCIL OF TRENT ? Why did Tyndale (1525 A.D.) Coverdale (1535 A.D.) place the apocryphas by themselves as "uninspired" ? Why and when were the apocryphas introduced and why and when were they removed. Why did the protestants pull out of the Roman Catholic Church? Are their reasons justified? I could add more to the lists but this will be a good start and as you getting deeper, all other things will fit in.Find out this things without prejudice but rather with the hunger of finding the truth. This is a forum for rubbing minds and as such it will be very unwise to go very deep.
Can you show me a place in the canon where it is written that saints can make intercessions for you?

I don't know where you guys get this your idea of dead saints interceding for living souls all I know is that which is written Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. I will be more than glad to pray through saints if you could show me where it is written in the bible that saints intercedes for the living (I am here to learn)
I am a proud catholic. But what is the difference between me and you? I am catholic but you are Roman Catholic (that is the difference).

No church is perfect rather the church is still marching towards perfection and with this, I will hold my peace as I will say no more. lipsrsealed
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by goodguy(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2006
KDK: Like I said earlier, Even if the statue is sweating,or peeing; All I know is that it a statue and you have turned it into an idol just the way you turned images of angels and dead saints to idols all in the name of giving honour. What do you understand is an idol and what do you think the term worship means sef?
They have turned it into an idol?  I wonder how.

zebudaya: Why would God make a statue bleed?
Are you asking?

KDK:
@ Medube,
Listen to yourself. You are talking to images (both prints and otherwise) of JESUS, SAINTS AND ANGELS. What do you think the occults do with the images in their shrine, they just use it to decorate. They talk to them too you know. Please , it's like you guys need to open the dictionaries to check the meaning of worship.
When you look up to the sky and pray (to God), does it mean you're talking to the sky?  Or that you're worshipping the sky?

KDK:
God clearly said it in HIS words that he will not share HIS glory with another (Isaiah 48:11) and The bible categorically said it in 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,. Remember Jesus said He had an exclusive right to accessing the father in John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
You're right.  But what's the essence of your sermon here?  Afterall, it's not like any statue is sharing any glory with God.  And it's not like the statue is serving as a mediator between God and man.

KDK:
Is it written in your bible that mary was the mother of God?
Not at all.  But it is written in my Bible that Mary gave birth to Jesus.

KDK:
Do you really think God had sex with mary?
Not at all.  Why would such a thing cross your mind, pastor?

KDK:
If Mary was so special , do you think Jesus christ wouldn't have set out that law that we must honour her as she is the mother of GOD? (Mother of God Indeed  ).
Jesus never came to earth to give any law.  That was not his mission on earth.  Besides, he needn't set out any laws about honoring his earthly mother; just as he didn't need to set out any laws for Christians to celebrate Christmas.

KDK:
My God has no mother because  He is the beginning and the end, before all things were made (including Mary) HE already was.
We all know that.  But Jesus had a mother while he was on earth.

KDK:
Think about it, were is it written that the disciples (Who are the pillars of the Church) honoured Mary. Even Peter the 1st Pope didn't.
They didn't celebrate Christmas either.

whytee:

medube: Are you questioning the decisions of God?
Why not
Hmmmm. . So you really dare question the ways of God?  Interesting!

whytee:

when He says we shouldnt worsip or bow down to any image. Is God now an author of confusion. No He is not
Yes God said so.  And I don't think anyone has violated that commandment yet.  Please be reminded that we're talking of a bleeding statue here, not statue worshipping.

whytee:

Anything in any form of any thing called statue has nothing to do with God.
Including the cross you carry about?  And the one at the top of your church building?

whytee:

By the way why should you pay much attention to a carved work by a man instead of to God Himself. The statue has nothing to offer Isaiah17 vs 7-8
We are paying so much attention to it because it was bleeding.  That should get you thinking!
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Ugonna,
Enough about statues. Where did we stop? I remember, I said you were a fine babe, abi grin?  (off-topic). wink

@ Goodguy,
Abeg sir, stop calling me pastor.I no do shakara, na beg I dey beg o oo wink
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by eazyman(m): 2:00am On Sep 21, 2006
Warri i hail oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, na for warri na im i need say wey person fit fry water so tey he used the water wen him fry take fry dodo! nutting 4 diz naija wen you go find wen he no dey warri, i remeber when i dey do my IT for warri, for NGC. As i come office one morning na him the man vex come office ohh, he come tell us say that when him dey go house the previous day, as he enter refinery road , one girl stop am say abeg make he drop am for along the road, he hesisistated at first but when the girl pleaded, he opined since he was to go home thru that route, but when it reached where the girl was supposed to drop, she held this man by the shirt and started raising an alarm, before he knew what was happening, she brought out razor claiming that this man took her to the hotel and refused to pay, this is someone who occupies a big position in NNPC and wouldnt ever attamept to stoop so low that he would have no money let alone taking that girl out, but due to the shame the man tried to avaoid, he had to settle this girl with his hard earned cash,that was the price the man had to pay for giving a stranger a lift, that is warrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiii girls for you, so my people when next you get to warri and see a girl asking for help, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU ACT.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 2:40am On Sep 21, 2006
ya eazy i can see you are adding fun to the house like big brothers show or reality show like i was doing, what has your past experienced with waffi girls/women got to do with the thread BLEEDING STATUE OF JESUS AT WARRI ? there you are again lol[ OFF TOPIC] I REFUSE TO BE YOUR VICTIM IN JESUS AMEN, smiley smiley

@ MEDUBE JOHN 3:11

@KDK either it work for all girls, but i am sorry if i was rude only trying to play along with funny eazyman never meant it thou,so let's not take it personal , embarassed
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by gigitte(f): 3:01am On Sep 21, 2006
@KDK
well even if ML didnt take it out, what gave him teh right to say they are not equal to the other holy books.
im roman catholic so? i'm also a christian and catholicism is more than a religion, it is a way of life. are u saying im not a christian? shio. take it or leave. there is more than one rite in the catholic church like the eastern churches with its patriarch. the roman catholic church is simply that because it considers the pope as its head and not all rites do so.
who are tyndale and so on that they should take the apocrypha out.
as far as i know the apocrypha was there, before unsrupulous persons starting shifting stuff around
as for martin luther and protestants i wont even go into that.

as for saints, show me where in the bible it says that just because someone is dead they cant pray for you. so you saying that a dead person is less than a live being, you my friend do not understand death then and what it means to be in teh presence of christ. does the bible say you should not do cocaine, or smoke weed. please jare lol. and the church doesnt subscribe to sola scriptura which im sure you know all about.

and the catholic church started from peter, whether or not you accept that, it is alright, peter is still the first pope.
if you didnt know, other catholic rites (with the except of some wowo suspect ones) are in communion with the church. i suggest you take a look at wikipedia

i continue in my study of the catchesims of the church and its history but im not going anywhere anytime soon.
augustine was a great father of the church.
do you know who thomas more is? im sure you do. if such a person could go to such lenghts for a trivial thing like divorce, then i can go to greater lengths for serious theological issues. besides canon is church law. there is nothing forcing anyone to ask saints to intercede for them, it aint by force. dont rain my parade if i choose to do so.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2006
goodguy and gigite, pls keep it up. This KDK Pastor sef, i wonder what he's trying to do.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by 4getme1(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2006
No offences to my RCC friends, but I'm a bit concerned about some issues here -

gigitte:

the roman catholic church is simply that because it considers the pope as its head and not all rites do so.

Eph. 5:23 -- "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and He is the Saviour of the body."

gigitte:

as for saints, show me where in the bible it says that just because someone is dead they can't pray for you.

Do you have any scripture that directly says that dead people can, should and must pray for you?

1 Tim. 2:5 - "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

gigitte:

so you saying that a dead person is less than a live being, you my friend do not understand death then and what it means to be in the presence of christ.

Ecc 9:4-7
"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

"Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

"Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works." cheesy

Eph. 1:6 -
"To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the Beloved"

gigitte:

does the bible say you should not do cocaine, or smoke weed. please jare lol. and the church doesnt subscribe to sola scriptura which im sure you know all about.

1. Does the Bible say you should not do cocaine, or smoke weed?

I Cor. 3:17 - "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

I Thes 4:4 - "That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour."

Don't tell me that the Roman Catholic Church allows its members to do "weed" or "gbana"!! shocked

2. The Church Doesn't Subscribe to Sola Scriptura?

Matt. 15:3, 6 - "But He answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?. . . Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition."

Mar 7:8-9 - "For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And He said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."

I Cor. 4:6 - "And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another."

II Thes. 3:14-15 - "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother."
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by lioness(f): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2006
me sef i dey tire for some kind things oh. Abi no be the bible wey i get wey we all dey read?

Or is there another one
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KHAMILEON(m): 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2006
sciqy (m)
Delta state

Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri!
« #56 on: September 17, 2006, 06:04 PM » 

i don't blame u guys, see,  i live in warri. its really true. people came from all over the country 2 witness it .you guys just have to pray for forgiveness. especially all this top big men in these catholic churches. , who go around trading on blood money, and then transfering it to the church, like all these banzar or wht they call it i don't know, in short i don t have the pic here, but when i do, i would send even with the video if possible, i mean it ws flowing, steadily, na una know, it has happened before and its happening again, sam, warri, 08025153640

MY GUY HERE ARE SOME GOOD REASONS WHY IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!

1. NOBODY  HAS A PICTURE OF JESUS, SO U CANT REPLICATE HIS LOOKS ON A STATUE, SO WHO EVER IS ON THAT STATUE IS NOT JESUS CHRIST. IT'S  JUST LIKE TAKING A PICTURE OF MYSELF AND SAY IT'S YOU

2. GOD-JESUS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE MAKING-WORSHIPING OF STATUES SO THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD HONOR IT BY PUTTING A SIGN (LIKE BLOOD) ON IT,  THINK ABOUT THESE VERY WELL AND IT WILL HELP YOU RELAX,
SHALOM
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by ngoziu(f): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2006
may god help us in this country
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by elampiro(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2006
1. NOBODY HAS A PICTURE OF JESUS, SO U CANT REPLICATE HIS LOOKS ON A STATUE, SO WHO EVER IS ON THAT STATUE IS NOT JESUS CHRIST. IT'S JUST LIKE TAKING A PICTURE OF MYSELF AND SAY IT'S YOU

At least the apostles that were with Jesus knew how he looked. Don't forget that they passed on the faith to later generations. It is the only the catholic church that has history dated back to the apostles.

2. GOD-JESUS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE MAKING-WORSHIPING OF STATUES SO THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD HONOR IT BY PUTTING A SIGN (LIKE BLOOD) ON IT, THINK ABOUT THESE VERY WELL AND IT WILL HELP YOU RELAX,
SHALOM

God did not condemn the making of statue. It is the worshiping of it that he condemned. Nowadays we have pastors who put large photographs of themselves and their spouse on the walls of the church. Are they worshiping themselves?

Some other critics of the catholic faith have been so biased by bringing the issue of Mary to this topic. Well, if you say Mary is not the Mother of God, it means you are saying Jesus is just an ordinary man. A mother is a mother. Consider that she carried Jesus in her womb for nine months, consider she and Joseph had to protect Him in Egypt, consider she raised Jesus to adulthood, consider she raised Jesus in a Godly way presenting Him in the temple and having to look for Him when He was missing, etc.

It was at the instance of Mary that Jesus performed His first miracle of turning water into wine, even though His time had not yet come to begin His public ministry, He had to obey His mother. Also read the account of MARY visits to Elizabeth to see how powerful she is. You Will also do yourself a little good to read Rev 12 which describe Mary as the queen crown with twelve stars and as bright as the sun. In the last verse (17 i suppose) of that chapter, the bible described her children as the chosen children of God.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2006
KHAMILEON
1. NOBODY HAS A PICTURE OF JESUS, SO U CANT REPLICATE HIS LOOKS ON A STATUE, SO WHO EVER IS ON THAT STATUE IS NOT JESUS CHRIST. IT'S JUST LIKE TAKING A PICTURE OF MYSELF AND SAY IT'S YOU
At least the apostles that were with Jesus knew how he looked. Don't forget that they passed on the faith to later generations. It is the only the catholic church that has history dated back to the apostles.

KHAMILEON
2. GOD-JESUS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE MAKING-WORSHIPING OF STATUES SO THERE IS NO WAY HE WOULD HONOR IT BY PUTTING A SIGN (LIKE BLOOD) ON IT, THINK ABOUT THESE VERY WELL AND IT WILL HELP YOU RELAX,
SHALOM

God did not condemn the making of statue. It is the worshiping of it that he condemned. Nowadays we have pastors who put large photographs of themselves and their spouse on the walls of the church. Are they worshiping themselves?

Some other critics of the catholic faith have been so biased by bringing the issue of Mary to this topic. Well, if you say Mary is not the Mother of God, it means you are saying Jesus is just an ordinary man. A mother is a mother. Consider that she carried Jesus in her womb for nine months, consider she and Joseph had to protect Him in Egypt, consider she raised Jesus to adulthood, consider she raised Jesus in a Godly way presenting Him in the temple and having to look for Him when He was missing, etc.

It was at the instance of Mary that Jesus performed His first miracle of turning water into wine, even though His time had not yet come to begin His public ministry, He had to obey His mother. Also read the account of MARY visits to Elizabeth to see how powerful she is. You Will also do yourself a little good to read Rev 12 which describe Mary as the queen crown with twelve stars and as bright as the sun. In the last verse (17 i suppose) of that chapter, the bible described her children as the chosen children of God.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by zebudaya(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2006
4get_me I was very impressed with your post, it's your turn gigette!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bible Message On Divorce / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.