Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! (13815 Views)

Bleeding “Jesus Christ” Spotted In Lagos (photo) / Obinna Onuoha Builds Statue Of Jesus, "Biggest" In Africa / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2006
embarassed embarassed angryyou think sey diz thing nah ordinary eyes shocked :oO boy nah Powers in High places Jesus As died for our sin so abeg no more jesus dying again .okay he has shared his blood so no more blood anythingelse its out of it my man.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by b2dl(f): 1:02am On Sep 16, 2006
mazaje:

what nonsense . u guys should stop spreading cheap lies, is jesus a stature? rubbish thats an idol and its not supposed to be there in the first place so go and bring better stories and paste here this one is not interesting, nonsense.

word!!!

gigitte:

na wah oh. bush people lol
is this the first time you are hearing of a weeping statue?

anway it might be a prank or nature playing up, reports will be made to the vatican and then vatican scientists will come and check out the statue together with a devil's advocate to determine whether or not the statue is really weeping blood. usually most of them aren't but a number really do. the site if confirmed will probably become a shrine

u cudnt be more right!

besides, how in God's name is a statue supposed to bleed 4 our sins? n as 4 d end times guy, well all d signs were clearly stated in d book of revelations n i dont think i've come across any of such.
for God's sake!!!! Christ is not a statue and His 2nd coming does not include "bleeding statues". so abeg go find work do jare. tongue.

peace!!! wink
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by IroroRoyal(f): 2:34am On Sep 16, 2006
blood of jesus,blood of jesus ,Bros go sleep,
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by loma(m): 2:37am On Sep 16, 2006
Weeping statues indeed! Even Mother Nigeria dey weep sef!
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/05/1091557996497.html?from=storyrhs

Church declares weeping Virgin statue a hoax and chases the missing donations
By Mark Todd in Brisbane
August 6, 2004

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
After finding that a statue of a weeping Virgin Mary was an elaborate hoax, the Catholic Church is investigating another mystery: where is the money donated by the faithful who came to see it?

The Vietnamese Catholic Centre, in the working-class western Brisbane suburb of Inala, collected an undisclosed sum of money from thousands of visitors

The centre is raising funds for extensions and refurbishment, but Father Joseph Liem has said that much of the money went into a poverty fund to help people in Vietnam and Africa.

"I just want to find out if there was any connection between the actual phenomenon that happened there and the collections that came in at that time," the Archbishop of Brisbane, John Bathersby, said yesterday.

"There's been accusations it was driven by a money-making process and it was a phenomenon organised by someone to bring in funds for the centre. There are so many accusations and counter-accusations that I just don't know what's the truth of the matter."

Advertisement
Advertisement
The archbishop hopes to conclude the investigation soon.

Father Joseph was not available for comment yesterday.

Apart from taking in donations, the centre received money from the sale of statues, crucifixes and other religious objects. Archbishop Bathersby said the centre denied any association with souvenir DVDs offered for sale on its internet site.

After a two-month investigation using X-rays and mass sprectroscopy, the Catholic Church found that the weeping statue appeared to be a marvellous event but was no miracle.

The report suggested the oil could easily have been injected into the statue with a syringe - two tiny holes were found in the base - or rubbed in.

The oil, commercially available Rose otto (or Bulgarian rose) oil, flowed when candles or lights warmed the statue.

The statue has been removed from public veneration by order of the archbishop. It is now in a display cabinet in a hall to the side of the chapel, looking out over a model of the community centre with its proposed extensions.

At the height of the religious fervour that gripped the centre, hundreds of people - true believers and the plain curious - flocked to see the statue each day. Now the car park is almost empty and, except during evening Mass, the worshippers can be counted on two hands.

"I still believe in my heart," said one person who was there to pray. "Just because someone says it did not happen here , we still believe it was a miracle."
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by loma(m): 2:41am On Sep 16, 2006
HCMC head priests debunk weeping Virgin Mary statue

Top clergy confirmed Saturday that the Virgin Mary statue in front of a famed cathedral in Ho Chi Minh City did not “weep,” but the surrounding crowd has yet to break up.
Since Saturday night, hundreds of people flocked outside the Notre Dame Cathedral to see for themselves the “tear,” which was reportedly a white long stain, on Our Lady’s visage, causing long queues and traffic jams lasting for hours in the area.

“The statue, which stands outdoors, has not been cleaned for some time, so a stain on the Blessed Lady’s face after the rain is understandable,” Sai Gon Giai Phong newspaper quoted Huynh Cong Minh, head priest of the Notre Dame Cathedral, as saying.

Minh, along with his subordinates, showed up on the spot that night, confirming the story was a mere rumor, but still failed to disperse the credulous crowd.

“It is a wild rumor or even a lie. People did not see clearly in poor lighting at night, but they kept talking about it, and the rumor spread like wild fire,” said Nguyen Cong Danh, chairman of HCMC Catholics Uniting Committee.

“We Christians adore the Virgin Mary, but we should be extremely cautious with such claims, not circulate it and cause disorder,” he added.

Local police were deployed Sunday to stop cars and motorbikes from entering the area to ensure visitors can still have a look at the Mother Mary in good order.

Reported by Vo Khoi – Translated by Ngoc Hanh.

E-mail to a friend Print version

http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/?catid=3&newsid=10178
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by iice(f): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2006
Hmmmmmm
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by LuciferFan(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2006
Hey guys. The bleeding statue ain't a new thing. I know of a naked statue of one Mr. Nakson that discharges semen once in while in Sapele.

We sure going to have a ball on the last day. I guess a lota balls,

Remember that you need no Schengen visa to enter my kingdom grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by iice(f): 9:14am On Sep 16, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked lmfao lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by dearzi(f): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2006
Ignorance gone on rampage! where in the Bible was a bleeding statue mentioned among the signs of the end time? we know those that read their bibles, or even own one!

Dude, you need to go and get a bible and study it. Jesus' blood has been shed once and for all, and it's abnormal for a statue to bleed--that's demonic!!!! we should pray for all that believe this nonsense.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by datchild(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2006
warfi don dey represent!!! wonders shall never end!!! Jesus dey him own jeje, somebody come dey pour ketchup for him body, make una take time oh!!!
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by ikamefa(f): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2006
Lucifer:

Hey guys. The bleeding statue ain't a new thing. I know of a naked statue of one Mr. Nakson that discharges semen once in while in Sapele.

We sure going to have a ball on the last day. I guess a lota balls,

Remember that you need no Schengen visa to enter my kingdom grin

heheheheheheheheh " grin " wonder! wonder !
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by ikamefa(f): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2006
datchild:

warfi don dey represent!!! wonders shall never end!!! Jesus dey him own jeje, somebody come dey pour ketchup for him body, make una take time oh!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by elampiro(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2006
If you enter this site http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5391123/detail.html , you will see a report by NBC TV website about the weeping statue of Mary in California November last year. The statue wept tears of blood everyday for about a week. It was even beam live in CNN for about 3-5 minutes. I watched it on CNN.

I posted this because of those who think that the one claimed to be happening in Warri is a new thing.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by EmemJU(f): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2006
Hey, let's make money through tourism. Who will be my partner?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by wande(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2006
A bleeding statue would have made a sensational headlines and I am surprised that you did not try snapping the picture in this high tech age, when everybody on the street is holding a camera phone.

Next time are coming to this popular forum, make sure you have enough evidence to back up your claims or else, I will alert EFCC.

Seun, se you de hear me so ?
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by stillkay(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2006
Enough!!!

Let the sleeping dog lie angry
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by gigitte(f): 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2006
bush ppl don come again, a weeping or bleeding statue has nothing to do with the end times or jesus dying on the cross. haba it is not even all statues that weep blood, it is a miracle finish, so are appearances of mary and such.

some ppl are just so ignorant and are showing their ass (let us pray for the ppl who believe) wtf? do you even the significance of the statue's weeping or bleeding? and these are the same ppl that jump up and down for miracle night, if dont know about something, find out instead of making ignorant claims

as i said before, and has been shown in previous thread posts, vatican scientists will most likely come and investigate. it will probably be a hoax but some are not.

i detect serious anti catholicism in some posts here. schewww
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by babadee(m): 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2006
who here can tell me what faith means because it takes real faith to believe that this post is true in this our naija, a country full of ingenius geniuses. how are we sure its not a hoax by a bored grad of our great institiutions. all the same, it just might be true
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by grafikdon: 8:15pm On Sep 16, 2006
Ahhh, cut the guy some slack! My Violator action figure came to live this morning and started chasing me all over the house with a meat cleaver. I had to call 911. immediately the police knocked on the door, it droped the cleaver and became a lifeless statue again. Yup, they doubted my genuine story and recommended a shrink. wink
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by iberi(f): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2006
@ Goodguy, thanks for the links. Thosepictures'll give pips a clear picture of what this is all about. Don't fail to check them out.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Bhola(f): 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2006
cheesy cheesy grin grin
grafikdon:

Ahhh, cut the guy some slack! My Violator action figure came to live this morning and started chasing me all over the house with a meat cleaver. I had to call 911. immediately the police knocked on the door, it droped the cleaver and became a lifeless statue again. Yup, they doubted my genuine story and recommended a shrink. wink
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by KDK(m): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You guys really crack me up. Statue ko, shadow ni !!! 
I don't care if the statue was bleeding, sweating or weeping. It is still a statue. So why pay attention to it? Are you exalting a statue over Jesus? Instead of looking up to God, you are looking up to statues of JESUS and Virgin MARY. I think I need to cast some demons out of certain statues. Satan is just using your gullible minds. Wake up now or wake up in hell simply 'because you didn't read your bible properly. I will say no more. kiss
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2006
don't mind them jare? they are always looking for a sign.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Ezecom(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2006
Anybody who believes a statue can weep or bleed is not streetwise. That person is 100% mugu and 419ners will teach the person some lessons one day. It's a pity that Nigerians are too superstitious.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by sciqy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2006
sad i dont blame u guys, see, i live in warri. its really true. people came from all over the country 2 witness it .you guys just have to pray for forgiveness. especially all this top big men in these catholic churches. , who go around trading on blood money, and then transfering it to the church, like all these banzar or wht they call it i dont know, in short i don t have the pic here, but when i do, i would send even with the video if possible, i mean it ws flowing, steadily, na una know, it has happened b4 and its happening again, sam, warri, 08025153640
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by gigitte(f): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2006
warri is not the first place where weeeping statues have been found, so your saying sthat nigerians are too superstitious is void. as for blood money and bazaars and weeping statues that is superstition right there, stupid one at that.

please go to wikipedia and search for weeping statues, this thread is really annoying
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Busta(f): 2:09am On Sep 18, 2006
naijas, Una don come again! grin
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by Oluchia(f): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2006
KDK:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You guys really crack me up. Statue ko, shadow ni !!!
I don't care if the statue was bleeding, sweating or weeping. It is still a statue. So why pay attention to it? Are you exalting a statue over Jesus? Instead of looking up to God, you are looking up to statues of JESUS and Virgin MARY. I think I need to cast some demons out of certain statues. Satan is just using your gullible minds. Wake up now or wake up in hell simply 'because you didn't read your bible properly. I will say no more. kiss
Kdk I qiute agre with u. Let us not forget that satan is a master deceiver and of course can make blood to come out of anything least of all a statue which shouldn't be there anyway as Majaze said. Read ur bible Exodus 20:4 and 5 and see what God says about Graven images.
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by twinkledew(f): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2006
if u've got stuffs to say type them out if not read and move on to another thread. it is not compulsory to leave messages on all the threads. undecided
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by whytee(f): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2006
sciqy:

sad i don't blame u guys, see, i live in warri. its really true. people came from all over the country 2 witness it .you guys just have to pray for forgiveness.

So you pray for forgiveness bc of a statue not bc of ur sins. Wonders shall never end
Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by vinna(f): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2006
meeeehn!! this so interesting.

Are u sure its not an overflow of blood shed in warri dat is gushing out in that statue tongue

On a more serious note, God is not a ritualist neither is He fetish, so all these talks of seeing Mary in the sky, blood gushing from statues (that are not supposed to be erected in the first place as sumone rightly said) are all bulls**t.

Superstitious ppl abound in Nigeria, dats is why men like the so-called 'Pastor' King have followers.

1 Like

Re: Bleeding Statue Of Jesus At Warri! by drcalux(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2006
ITS A BIG LIE BRODA, I AM IN WARRI AND THE STAIN THEY THOUGHT WAS A BLOOD IS SOMETHING ELSE THAT LOOK LIKE A RED PAINT SOMEBODY SPRINKLED ON IT TO DISCIEVE THE FOOLS AND LET UNBELIEVERS RETURN TO CHRIST
THEY ARE ONLY DISCIEVING THEMSELF
CALUX247 FROM WARRI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / Cardinal Keith O'brien Resigns As Archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.