Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,655 members, 7,865,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

How Many Germs Are Exchanged Each Time You Kiss - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Germs Are Exchanged Each Time You Kiss (494 Views)

"I Regret Wasting My University Being A Virgin, Each Time I've Orgasm" - Lady / My Heart Melts Each Time I Look At Those Eyes (photos) / This Is What Happens Each Time A Man Connects With A Woman Sexually (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Many Germs Are Exchanged Each Time You Kiss by Goodplace: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
About 80 million microbes, apparently. Gross but true; that’s how many bacteria get transferred during the typical lip lock, according to a new study. Researchers were curious about why humans are the only animal species that have full-tongue mouth-to-mouth contact. One theory says that exchanging saliva helps couples determine compatibility, while another holds that sharing bacteria can boost the immune system.

Since no previous study looked into how kissing changes mouth microbes, the study authors decided to take the lead. They monitored the kissing behavior of 21 couples, finding that one 10-second French kiss transferred 80 million germs from one partner to the other. They also discovered that the more often partners reached first base, the more likely they were to have a similar microbial profile colonizing their tongues. (So apparently, you and your guy do become more alike the longer you stay together!)

Re: How Many Germs Are Exchanged Each Time You Kiss by frostland(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
so make we no da kiss again guy I can't live witout kiss o, abeg stop dis play

(1) (Reply)

Love Is Sometimes Unreciprocated! Love Is Sometimes Unreciprocated- This Is A Fa / Now I De Vex / Bathroom Slope Is Too Small

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.