Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

Three Arguments For God's Existence - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments For God's Existence (102673 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Joshthefirst(m): 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kay17:

The God you have in mind, is the Christian God who sent his son to die for humanity, right?
Right now the God I have in mind is the higher being of cause and the creator of humanity.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Right now the God I have in mind is the higher being of cause and the creator of humanity.

OK.

What objective standard helps you to realize that people feel unfulfilled and without meaning without God?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Joshthefirst(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kay17:

OK.

What objective standard helps you to realize that people feel unfulfilled and without meaning without God?
First, I did not claim people feel unfulfilled. I claim their lives and existences are meaningless and pointless. What they feel is secondary and basically irrelevant in this case in face of the overwhelming reality of a situation of life without God.

And unfortunately I am not up to repeating this argument in your own twist to win it.

Goodnight.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nmeri17: 6:51pm On May 19, 2016
thehomer:

I'll respond to you here and that will be my final contribution to this post.

Your very first sentence here made me conclude that you're either just too ignorant or dishonest to have this discussion with me. You're denying evidence right before your eyes of hind limbs in whales and other cetacea. You declare that known parts are unknown. That to me is like someone looking at the picture of the globe taken from space showing the African continent and saying that the structure before them is unknown. Such a level of dishonesty or ignorance I can't abide.

So, take the time to educate yourself by taking one of the free online courses on evolution. Or just stop being dishonest. Pick the one that applies best to you.

Good luck to you.
oh my! grin grin
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
Time to resurrect this thread.

@ HardMirror, cloudgoddess, hopefullandlord I'm inviting you to come and see powerful arguments for the existence of God. Just go to the first post and respond to what you see there. Even johnydon22 ran away from my response to him here cheesy
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by johnydon22(m): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
UyiIredia:
Time to resurrect this thread.

@ HardMirror, cloudgodess, hopefullandlord I'm inviting you to come and see powerful arguments for the existence of God. Just go to the first post and respond to what you see there. Even johnydon22 ran away from my response to him here cheesy

Lmao... My first response already made nonsense of your three arguments, obliging you in a childish back and forth is a total waste of my time when i already floored your post.

So you may bask in your self induced euphoria of Johnydon22 ran away to make yourself feel good, it's a free world so we are totally allowed to fantasize even about feats we cannot achieve.

Nothing more childish than delusive self glorification over feats one can't even stand up to, that's the sort of childishness you'd want me to oblige you here; Naaah i'm well above that.

It will be a waste of intellectual morsels

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
Seun:
Three more proofs of God's existence:

1. We all know that flying is impossible. If you jump off a tall building while flapping your arms like a bird, you'll fall and die. If humans cannot fly, why is it that birds which are dumber and not as strong as us are able to fly? There is only one satisfactory explanation. Birds can fly because an intelligent being with many hands grabs birds when they flap their wings, lifts them up, and takes them to their destinations.

2. We all know that breathing under water is impossible. People who can't swim tend to drown in deep water. Divers have to carry oxygen tanks so they can breath underwater. Yet fish, which not as intelligent as human beings are able to spend all their time under water and not drown. This miraculous ability must have come from an intelligent being who constantly blows fresh air into every fish's lungs.

3. We all know that sand cannot think. Sand cannot do maths. Sand cannot play chess. Yet computer chips, which are made of sand, can do all these things. There must be an intelligent being that possesses the sand during microchip production and from that moment conducts all the tasks of intelligent reasoning that computers, which are made of chips, made of sand, perform. An intelligent being who makes sand smart.

In each of the above cases the intelligent being is God. He holds birds in the sky, blows the fish, and makes sand intelligent like himself.

To think that 16 peeps actually liked this post !
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
johnydon22:

[s]Lmao... My first response already made nonsense of your three arguments, obliging you in a childish back and forth is a total waste of my time when i already floored your post.

So you may bask in your self induced euphoria of Johnydon22 ran away to make yourself feel good, it's a free world so we are totally allowed to fantasize even about feats we cannot achieve.

Nothing more childish than delusive self glorification over feats one can't even stand up to, that's the sort of childishness you'd want me to oblige you here; Naaah i'm well above that.

It will be a waste of intellectual morsels[/s]

Who adjudicated to determine if you floored his post or not ?

Its a free world so you can make yourself feel good and fantasize about feats you cannot achieve such as making nonsense of his three arguments "

You do realise it goes both ways , right ?

These atheists niggas are funny . I cachinnated while reading your post .
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
johnydon22:

Lmao... My first response already made nonsense of your three arguments, obliging you in a childish back and forth is a total waste of my time when i already floored your post.

It will be a waste of intellectual morsels

Suit yourself. I'm sure you wrote this to make yourself feel good. Nothing in your response floored what I wrote. You response in fact was whacked and amongst the weakest made here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2016
UyiIredia:

To think that 16 peeps actually liked this post !

Virtually all Nairaland atheists follow him , so they saw it and quickly liked it . Actually , the high number of likes in a post gives the semblance of approval by a majority - in reality that is not the case .
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Virtually all Nairaland atheists follow him , so they saw it and quickly liked it . Actually , the high number of likes in a post gives the semblance of approval by a majority - in reality that is not the case .

I know. I'm just surprised that people liked something that did not seriously engage the arguments I presented. Just a passing sarcasm it was and nothing more.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
UyiIredia:

Suit yourself. I'm sure you wrote this to make yourself feel good. Nothing in your response floored what I wrote. You response in fact was whacked and amongst the weakest made here.
'

Very true . And He might modify it later on sef . wink
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Oya o. cloudgoddess HardMirror where una dey. Come answer the OP. You are some of the atheists that didn't grace this thread then.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by UyiIredia(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
hopefulLandlord where u at?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2016
UyiIredia:

I know. I'm just surprised that people liked something that did not seriously engage the arguments I presented. Just a passing sarcasm it was and nothing more.

Seun 's posts get many likes no matter which side he supports in an argument or what he says just because he is popular cool cool . Some did not know it was sarcasm and not everyone knows he is an atheist - most of the "likes" came from confused people grin
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by kobosmalls: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
am yet to see a convincing rebuttal against the points op made

for johnydon22

1.if not a greater force/power/being that is existing independently of other beings or causes is responsible , then present a much better explanation .And not just 'refuting his claims'.

2. Let this explain >. http://www.ucg.org/vertical-thought/hey-hey-dna-proving-gods-existence-genetically

3. There are much more apart from consciousness ... creativity , moral values , social behavior , habitual nature ,power of decision , high intelligence , skills etc . Can you explain why man , according to you as an evolutionist , who supposedly evolved from lower life forms cannot be matched in these areas of life as mentioned by other animals who also evolved from lower life forms alongside man . Why is man so distinct in these mentioned areas?
You clearly know little about evolution. At least wikipedia will help you understand better before asking these questions.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by kobosmalls: 12:29am On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is self-existent

When "God" is said , basic descriptions of Him should come to mind

→ Supreme Being
→ Creator
→Wonder worker
→ Highly intelligent being

If these are understood , then you have no problem . Can this be proven outside the bible? Yes and BASICALLY

→Existence , Design and Complexity of life forms
→Miracles
→Effects of His Power on Nature
→Personal Experiences

I mentioned this somewhere --- https://www.nairaland.com/2285941/atheism-religion-kolooyinbo-explains/5#33380518
Someone asks for evidence and this is what you come up with. So bland. These statements you just made are empty platitudes that depict lack of constructive reasoning.
Try again cos u simply did nothing here.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by kobosmalls: 12:40am On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I started with self-existent ... so clearly I wasn't failing my argument

So clearly , others are true but you badly an amputated limb grow back

Noah's flood

give me names
Noah's flood? Really?
Some adult humans still accept this garbage as true.
You really need help.
Wait you will still come up with the language nonsense of tower of babel yet your tribe and its language cannot be traced back to that place where the fairytale supposedly happened. Penguins left Noah's ark and ended up in Antarctica without traces of their existence at mount Ararat in turkey where Noah's ark stopped. The kangaroos just up and flied to Australia leaving no traces in Europe.
What a shame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / Adult Movie Mistakenly Displays On Church Screen During Service / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.