Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (5266 Views)

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
So I found this impressive piece on some of the most excellently thought-out arguments for the existence of GOD. It contains for the existence of GOD:

1. The Argument from Change
2. The Argument from Efficient Causality
3. The Argument from Time and Contingency
4. The Argument from Degrees of Perfection
5. The Design Argument
6. The Kalam Argument
7. The Argument from Contingency
8. The Argument from the World as an Interacting Whole
9. The Argument from Miracles
10. The Argument from Consciousness
11. The Argument from Truth
12. The Argument from the Origin of the Idea of God
13. The Ontological Argument
14. The Moral Argument
15. The Argument from Conscience
16. The Argument from Desire
17. The Argument from Aesthetic Experience
18. The Argument from Religious Experience
19. The Common Consent Argument
20. Pascal's Wager

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
WARNING: This article contains highly intellectual material. If you know that your brain capacity cannot support/process highly critical and logical thoughts, you can forget about reading the article.

Okay ladies and gentlemen. cool Put on your thinking caps and discover 20 Arguments for the Existence of GOD.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
21) The Tom Hagen argument
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
TomHagen:
Really? I would love to read it.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
You thoughts are welcome. smiley
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 06, 2016
Most of these arguments have been bashed repeatedly by Dawkins and Co
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by yorhmienerd(m): 6:53am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:
I knew someome would bring Dawkins & Co into this, why not make your own personal research and check rather than bank on what OTHER people's opinion

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I knew someome would bring Dawkins & Co into this, why not make your own personal research and check rather than bank on what OTHER people's opinion
And did you do your own research on all the proof of God the op raised?
Did you do your own research on every God in every religion before you settled on one?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

I can almost certainly say that you did not read that article, because if you did, this would not be your answer.

Are you sure you're an atheist because you arrived at it by your own thoughts, or are you an atheist because Dawkins is an atheist?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I can almost certainly say that you did not read that article, because if you did, this would not be your answer.

Are you sure you're an atheist because you arrived at it by your own thoughts, or are you an atheist because Dawkins is an atheist?
Are you a Christian because you arrived at it or because people in your family and society were Christians. If you were born in pakistan you would be Muslim. In China Buddhist. In Japan atheist.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by McIroncock: 8:49am On Nov 06, 2016
everybody should listen to Lennycool on this thread

he giving unadulterated knowledge

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Are you a Christian because you arrived at it or because people in your family and society were Christians. If you were born in pakistan you would be Muslim. In China Buddhist. In Japan atheist.

I am a Christian today because I arrived at the fact that a GOD exists purely by thought processes. How I was able to differentiate the fake from the real is a whole new topic. I do not boast, anyway. The LORD mercifully drew me to Him.

The above bolded is a hasty generalization, especially when you consider that some people born into those countries and into those belief systems are Christians today.

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DeSepiero(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I am a Christian today because I arrived at the fact that a GOD exists purely by thought processes. How I was able to differentiate the fake from the real is a whole new topic. I do not boast, anyway. The LORD mercifully drew me to Him.

The above bolded is a hasty generalization, especially when you consider that some people born into those countries and into those belief systems are Christians today.

Lmao.
Don't you think Buddhism is the true way to God.
Why do you choose Christianity?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:01am On Nov 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Lmao. Don't you think Buddhism is the true way to God. Why do you choose Christianity?
Do you believe that GOD exists?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2016
And this God certainly needs to be YAHWEH...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2016
McIroncock:
everybody should listen to Lennycool on this thread

he giving unadulterated knowledge
Who are You? Are you new On Nl?

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DeSepiero(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Do you believe that GOD exists?

Kindly answer the question if you would. My belief doesn't change the truth. Does it?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:06am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
You mean like Changing the Argument When it Fails?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Kindly answer the question if you would. My believe doesn't change the truth. Does it?

Of what use is it if I begin to explain to anybody why Jehovah is the true GOD when such a person doesn't believe that any GOD who created and sustains this Universe exists?

Brother, do you believe that a GOD exists who created and sustains this Universe?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:
So I found this impressive piece on some of the most excellently thought-out arguments for the existence of GOD. It contains for the existence of GOD:

5. The Design Argument
6. The Kalam Argument
14. The Moral Argument
20. Pascal's Wager
May FSM the one True God be Praised...

But Really Why are Christians ashamed to call Their God YAHWEH by his Traditional Name Is it Because He is a Psychopath? And You are Ashamed of Him? grin
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:15am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Brother, do you believe that a GOD exists who created and sustains this Universe?
One Does not believe in a God One has To Have Knowledge Of it...When it Becomes Knowledge It can Be proven and Tested with the same Objective Result...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DeSepiero(m): 9:16am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Of what use is it if I begin to explain to anybody why Jehovah is the true GOD when such a person doesn't believe that any GOD who created and sustains this Universe exists?

Since its so pertinent that you know my stand, let it be known to you that I believe in a cause (God) to the universe.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

One Does not believe in a God One has To Have Knowledge Of it...When it Becomes Knowledge It can Be proven and Tested with the same Objective Result...

Are you tilting towards empiricism? What is knowledge? Is knowledge obtained only by studying physical things?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You mean like Changing the Argument When it Fails?
I don't do that. Isn't it too early for false accusations?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Since its so pertinent that you know my stand, let it be known to you that I believe in a cause (God) to the universe.

Where is that GOD?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by McIroncock: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Who are You? Are you new On Nl?
are you jealous that I endorsed Lennycool?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you tilting towards empiricism? What is knowledge? Is knowledge obtained only by studying physical things?
I don't understand what you mean by physical things? You would have to Elaborate on that...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2016
McIroncock:

are you jealous that I endorsed Lennycool?
No i saw Some of Your comment on Fp on the Thread about Christ i was impressed and besides the moniker is new...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

May FSM the one True God be Praised...

But Really Why are Christians ashamed to call Their God YAHWEH by his Traditional Name Is it Because He is a Psychopath? And You are Ashamed of Him? grin
The OP added a disclaimer that his thread is not for the intellectually deficient. Did you not read it.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
I don't do that. Isn't it too early for false accusations?
Oh please i don't have time for this... Have you forgotten johnnydon22 thread?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

5. The Design Argument
6. The Kalam Argument
14. The Moral Argument
20. Pascal's Wager

Your God does exist, BUT just that it's the very one you created with your very minute knowledge base.

Just as spiderman exist in a better scripted fictional story book, than the one that created God idea.

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by McIroncock: 9:26am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

No i saw Some of Your comment on Fp on the Thread about Christ i was impressed and besides the moniker is new...
thanks for the complement

we need to keep spreading the good news FSM sent us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Juju Real? / Spartan117 And Awesomej Vs Dalaman And Me On Biblical Views Of Slavery / Was Jesus's Physical Features Described In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.