Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are (21819 Views)

Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria, The Fulanis (fulbe) Or The Igbos? / What Is The Percent Of Non-hausa Speaking Fulanis That Only Speak Fulfulde / Yorubas And Fulanis Are Isrealites (must Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
axum:

The very fact that in the video above he talks about Somalis defeating portugal, and Ethiopia and being the first to use cannons in war in africa speaks for itself.

The fact Somalis were not enslaved or controlled by any of our Arab/Turks shows that we are a strong people. We even spread Islam all the way into the heart of Ethiopia and south into Kenya and Tanzania.
You are proud of spreading islam. So you now accept that you were raped by Arabs? Is Islam an indigenious religion of somalia,you idi-iot? Is the canon from a somali origin? I was expecting things like the first to write a language. The first to build an empire. Not this sort of nonesense.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
axum:

Ethiopia colonized Somalia? How is that possible when they saw themselves as the same people.

1400 years ago, when the early followed of Islam sought refuge (Abssyinia -ethiopia) let them settle in northern Ethiopia (now northern Somallia), it is those people who became muslim and identified as Somali who later colonized Ethiopia and spread Islam.

And it was Somalis who didnt enslave Muslims, Ethiopiasn were christians and enslaved Nilotic and Negroid people
Stop claiming Ethiopia! They have a civilization,you don't. They have culture,you don't. They are smarter than you. Ethiopia colonized Somalia,why are you afraid of your history. Infact,you are the only African nation colonized by Arabs, Asians, Europeans, Africans and you never lifted a finger against them.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
axum:

What are you talking about? what is zap? and one traveler called Somalis berber.

Somalis were the first to use cannon in warfare in Africa, thus defeating Ethiopia and portugal in 1500's when your people were shipped as cattle.

Somalis had the biggest shipping boats in East Africa. Listen to your Bantu friend talk about our culture\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u6vya9mwYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr7NfuU3T1U

People came from there nations to colonize your desert and you never defeated them. You even had to borrow their language,religion and culture. Desert Cowards!
Arabs call you Zaz the Berberi! Black nomads!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Stop claiming Ethiopia! They have a civilization,you don't. They have culture,you don't. They are smarter than you. Ethiopia colonized Somalia,why are you afraid of your history. Infact,you are the only African nation colonized by Arabs, Asians, Europeans, Africans and you never lifted a finger against them.

slowpoke, if you call Ethiopia what is now the geogrphy of Ethiopia than know that half of it is inhabited by 5 Million Somalis.
If you look at the Ethiopia of 1500-1900 most of that was controlled by Somalis
If you look at the Ethiopia of pre 600 Ad (before Islam) there was no ethnic groups but Cushitic people (ancestors of Somalis, Amahara, Oromo)

So the entire History of Ethiopia was shaped by Somalis or their ancestors. But our culture and history was not shaped by Ethiopia, as it became an off shoot after Islam came to the Horn.

Again you Dumb H0e go learn history, no Ethiopian would disagree with what I said there, as it is fact.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

People came from there nations to colonize your desert and you never defeated them. You even had to borrow their language,religion and culture. Desert Cowards!
Arabs call you Zaz the Berberi! Black nomads!

We colonized Arabs before Islam, Arabs never came to the Horn to colonize anyone. Infact it was Turkey (OTTOMAN EMPIRE) and thousands of Arabs who helped Somalis fight against Ethiopia.

Every language has borrowed word, borrowed word in Somali are a couple of hundred out of millions of words.

Arabs call Somalis- AS-somaal meaning the Somalis. nothing else.

Again get your bantu head examined and make sure ur weave is not on too tight. You are nothing but a slave.

Somalis have done more than what any bantu can do. Your people couldn't even stop a couple hundred white men from taking your women and kids and raping them and enslaving them for hundreds of years.

lmao pathetic.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

slowpoke, if you call Ethiopia what is now the geogrphy of Ethiopia than know that half of it is inhabited by 5 Million Somalis.
If you look at the Ethiopia of 1500-1900 most of that was controlled by Somalis
If you look at the Ethiopia of pre 600 Ad (before Islam) there was no ethnic groups but Cushitic people (ancestors of Somalis, Amahara, Oromo)

So the entire History of Ethiopia was shaped by Somalis or their ancestors. But our culture and history was not shaped by Ethiopia, as it became an off shoot after Islam came to the Horn.

Again you Dumb H0e go learn history, no Ethiopian would disagree with what I said there, as it is fact.
Lol, Ethiopia colonized and took over Somalia. Stop bring Eth into your stupid argument. They see you as weaklings! They evolved a civilization and military warfare,while you were on your ass doing nothing. Modern Somalia is a recent creation,so they were not controlling anything at all.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

We colonized Arabs before Islam, Arabs never came to the Horn to colonize anyone. Infact it was Turkey (OTTOMAN EMPIRE) and thousands of Arabs who helped Somalis fight against Ethiopia.

Every language has borrowed word, borrowed word in Somali are a couple of hundred out of millions of words.

Again get your bantu head examined and make sure ur weave is not on too tight. You are nothing but a slave.

Somalis have done more than what any bantu can do. Your people couldn't even stop a couple hundred white men from taking your women and kids and raping them and enslaving them for hundreds of years.

lmao pathetic.
Lol,Somali did what? Somalia that was invaded by Portugal, Arabs, France ,Italy, Britian, Egypt, Ethiopia repeatedly and they never resisted any of them. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

lmao pathetic.
Slavery as it stands is as old as man. So i expect you to move out of that zone and think of another Subject. Somalis were hungry nomads that were civilized by different nations. No culture,no religion, no civilization whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2015
[url][/url][sup][/sup]
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol, Ethiopia colonized and took over Somalia. Stop bring Eth into your stupid argument. They see you as weaklings! They evolved a civilization and military warfare,while you were on your ass doing nothing. Modern Somalia is a recent creation,so they were not controlling anything at all.

1. You are clearly very ignorant of the region called the Horn of Africa.

2. Ethiopia is made of hundreds of ethnic groups - the most powerful being Oromo (muslims - cousins of Somalis), Amahara, and Somalis.

3. Somalis had kingdoms like Ajuraan, Adaal, Ifat, Ajuraan took over almost all of Ethiopia for many years. This is why half are muslim today.

4. Read the conquest of Ethiopia- which was a war where all the churches were burned and Somalis took over the whole country.

5. You have a lopsided view of Ethiopia. Ethiopia is multi ethnic and half Muslim. While Somalia is all Somali ethnicity and 100% Muslim and a member of the Arab League along with Djibouti (a majority Somali country). Eritrea (hates ethiopia, and is allied with Somalis, and is 25%muslim). Eritrea even applied to be in the Arab League but was given observer status, while Somalia and Djibouti are members.

6. Most of the geopolitics of the Horn is heavily influenced by one ethnic group (Somali), rather than the hundreds of ethnic groups in Ethiopia.

7. Even inside Ethiopia, domestically the 2nd largest state is the Ogaden(Somali inhabited) and control much of high positions.

8. Your view on Somalia and Ethiopia is more like Israel and Palestine. which is not the case. As Somalis and Ethiopia are same Origins, and have fought and controled overlapping territory for the past 1000 years. Before that their was no ethiopian or somali identity but a Cushitic identity and no Islam.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
shocked
Ihuomadinihu:

Slavery as it stands is as old as man. So i expect you to move out of that zone and think of another Subject. Somalis were hungry nomads that were civilized by different nations. No culture,no religion, no civilization whatsoever.

1. Who civilized Somalis? Because it was us who controlled Yemen, Saudi Arabia

2. It was Somalis who gave refuge to Arabs (when Muslims were getting persecuted by pagan Arabs 1400 years ago).

3. It was us who helped Arabs fight against the Portuguese in Kenya.

4. Our culture is Somali, so is our language, and our religion is Islam.

5. Arabs themelves were nomads, but just like Arabs, Somalis eventually moved to the cities where great kingdoms arose, and they became a sea faring people.

6. Our impact on the world is more than that of all bantus combined, who have been nothing more than slaves. How does another human come to your own land and take your women, and children and rape them and make them work for them for hundreds of years. And then you wear a wig on your head to look like a white woman, and the black men run after white women, and you take the religion that was forced on you. WTF
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:
[url][/url][sup][/sup]

1. You are clearly very ignorant of the region called the Horn of Africa.

2. Ethiopia is made of hundreds of ethnic groups - the most powerful being Oromo (muslims - cousins of Somalis), Amahara, and Somalis.

3. Somalis had kingdoms like Ajuraan, Adaal, Ifat, Ajuraan took over almost all of Ethiopia for many years. This is why half are muslim today.

4. Read the conquest of Ethiopia- which was a war where all the churches were burned and Somalis took over the whole country.

5. You have a lopsided view of Ethiopia. Ethiopia is multi ethnic and half Muslim. While Somalia is all Somali ethnicity and 100% Muslim and a member of the Arab League along with Djibouti (a majority Somali country). Eritrea (hates ethiopia, and is allied with Somalis, and is 25%muslim). Eritrea even applied to be in the Arab League but was given observer status, while Somalia and Djibouti are members.

6. Most of the geopolitics of the Horn is heavily influenced by one ethnic group (Somali), rather than the hundreds of ethnic groups in Ethiopia.

7. Even inside Ethiopia, domestically the 2nd largest state is the Ogaden(Somali inhabited) and control much of high positions.

8. Your view on Somalia and Ethiopia is more like Israel and Palestine. which is not the case. As Somalis and Ethiopia are same Origins, and have fought and controled overlapping territory for the past 1000 years. Before that their was no ethiopian or somali identity but a Cushitic identity and no Islam.
Somalia is a Failed Nation. I don't have to read the above nonesense to understand what your problem is. If somali existed along side Ethiopia and Egypt,what did you do with that close relationship. You have absoultely nothing to contribute to Africa apart from Regional wars, Hunger and terrorism. I expected a deeper argument not some pre historical trash!

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,Somali did what? Somalia that was invaded by Portugal, Arabs, France ,Italy, Britian, Egypt, Ethiopia repeatedly and they never resisted any of them. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

1. Egypt never invaded Somalia. They were stationed in Somalia on the west so they can go to war with Ethiopia. Egypt and Somalia have been allies for thousands of years.

2. Arabs never invaded Somalia, it was us who once controlled their land, and it was us who gave them sanctuary when they were being persecuted.

3. Ethiopia never waged a war on us, we waged a war on them, and took their land, and we won.

4. Britain never controlled northern somalia, but rather signed an agreement to use the ports

5. Italy in suthern Somalia was allied with us and we waged a war on Ethiopia

I should be very proud of all of this, and the fact you are repeating the same arguments shows you have no where to go with your logic as everything you said was debunked. You circulate the same false fallacies that you assume everyone is weak as Bantus, no one controlled or ensalved Somalis.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:
shocked

1. Who civilized Somalis? Because it was us who controlled Yemen, Saudi Arabia

2. It was Somalis who gave refuge to Arabs (when Muslims were getting persecuted by pagan Arabs 1400 years ago).

3. It was us who helped Arabs fight against the Portuguese in Kenya.

4. Our culture is Somali, so is our language, and our religion is Islam.

5. Arabs themelves were nomads, but just like Arabs, Somalis eventually moved to the cities where great kingdoms arose, and they became a sea faring people.

6. Our impact on the world is more than that of all bantus combined, who have been nothing more than slaves. How does another human come to your own land and take your women, and children and rape them and make them work for them for hundreds of years. And then you wear a wig on your head to look like a white woman, and the black men run after white women, and you take the religion that was forced on you. WTF

Lol,what impact? Nobody remembers that Somali exist in Africa. You are only trying to make yourselves relevant and important. If you mean Terrorist, wars and Unending Terrorism as impacts,then i agree.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1. Egypt never invaded Somalia. They were stationed in Somalia on the west so they can go to war with Ethiopia. Egypt and Somalia have been allies for thousands of years.

2. Arabs never invaded Somalia, it was us who once controlled their land, and it was us who gave them sanctuary when they were being persecuted.

3. Ethiopia never waged a war on us, we waged a war on them, and took their land, and we won.

4. Britain never controlled northern somalia, but rather signed an agreement to use the ports

I should be very proud of all of this, and the fact you are repeating the same arguments shows you have no where to go with your logic as everything you said was debunked. You circulate the same false fallacies that you assume everyone is weak as Bantus, no one controlled or ensalved Somalis.
Somalias were invaded and colonized by Many Nations. I've already written that before,i wouldn't write it again! You have no writing system, no international contribution,no culture and no religion. You have to rely on Arabs for an identity. You should be ashamed of your cursed Nation. I am still expecting a Superior line of argument,if you come back with the Above BS again!

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Somalia is a Failed Nation. I don't have to read the above nonesense to understand what your problem is. If somali existed along side Ethiopia and Egypt,what did you do with that close relationship. You have absoultely nothing to contribute to Africa apart from Regional wars, Hunger and terrorism. I expected a deeper argument not some pre historical trash!

1. You have a simple time understanding basic facts.

2. Much of the history of Ethiopia is Somali history. As Somalis didnt magically appear out of nowhere. Somali was an identity that arose after Islam, the eastern part of Ethiopia closest to Arabia (where arabs settled because of refuge) slowly adopted Islam and traded with Arabs. That eastern region began to identify more and more together until a Somali identity arose. This is when we Somalis invaded Ethiopia.

3. Any Ethiopian will tell you this, as they regret ever allowing Arabs to seek refugee because it led to the disintegration of Ethiopia. This is why Somalis began to brake off, eventually Eritrea and Djibouti broke off as well.

4. The entire horn (Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti) are the same people and are Cushitic people. They are closely related to Nubians in Sudan too and all the way into southern egypt, thus why we speak the same language family. We even invaded into Negroid land, and used them as slaves. Unfortunately for Ethiopia, the empire got too large and diverse and started to break up.

5. To say Somalis had no role in Ethiopian history, is like saying Americans have no ties to Europe.

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

Oh, Arabs invaded Somalia and horn of Africa. Genetically, they left their Arabic genes in Somalia. They also left their culture,prejudice, language and religion. Arab descendants!

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1. You have a simple time understanding basic facts.

2. Much of the history of Ethiopia is Somali history. As Somalis didnt magically appear out of nowhere. Somali was an identity that arose after Islam, the eastern part of Ethiopia closest to Arabia (where arabs settled because of refuge) slowly adopted Islam and traded with Arabs. That eastern region began to identify more and more together until a Somali identity arose. This is when we Somalis invaded Ethiopia.

3. Any Ethiopian will tell you this, as they regret ever allowing Arabs to seek refugee because it led to the disintegration of Ethiopia. This is why Somalis began to brake off, eventually Eritrea and Djibouti broke off as well.

4. The entire horn (Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti) are the same people and are Cushitic people. They are closely related to Nubians in Sudan too and all the way into southern egypt, thus why we speak the same language family. We even invaded into Negroid land, and used them as slaves. Unfortunately for Ethiopia, the empire got too large and diverse and started to break up.

5. To say Somalis had no role in Ethiopian history, is like saying Americans have no ties to Europe.

And what did you do with your role?
Ethiopians are way civilized than all of Somali put together. Still hammering on Slavery? That is really old. I have explained reasons for somalia involvement in slavery. Try another topic,my friend!

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Somalias were invaded and colonized by Many Nations. I've already written that before,i wouldn't write it again! You have no writing system, no international contribution,no culture and no religion. You have to rely on Arabs for an identity. You should be ashamed of your cursed Nation. I am still expecting a Superior line of argument,if you come back with the Above BS again!

1. Somalis domesticated camels
2. Somalis were the first to use cannons in war
3. Somalis invented the beed, the largest sailing ship in East Africa
4. Somalis traded with ancient Egypt
5. Somalis control the most and by any ethnicity in Africa
6. Somalis were the first to become muslim outside of Saudi Arabia
7. Somalis were the first Africans to defeat a European power
8. Somalis were the only people to defeat Ethiopia and conquer it for hundreds of years
9. Somali langauge is one of the oldest in the world
10. Somalis were never enslaved, nor conquered
11. Somali society is one of the only in Africa where standing Army was part of the culture- (men were either religious, or warriors)
12. Somalis supplied the world with Mhyr and frankstin
13. Somalia was the first country outside of Europe to be bombed
14. Somalia fought the most longest and intest colonial war
15. Somalia has the longest coast line in Afria
16. Somalia was the only country to Kick out peacekeepers from U.N, USA, EU by force- because they knew every man and child would die to the end
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

And what did you do with your role?
Ethiopians are way civilized than all of Somali put together. Still hammering on Slavery? That is really old. I have explained reasons for somalia involvement in slavery. Try another topic,my friend!

1. What do you mean when you say Ethiopian? Ethiopian is a multi ethnic country- and Somalis are the 3rd largest ethnicity in it.

2. If "Ethiopia was civilized' than so was Somalis as we ran it for hundreds of years and took it over until 1900's.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

There is no concept of National identity prior to independence in Somalia. So your rants about somalia does not make meaning. What you have are mere clans that continue to Kill and destroy one another. Next topic....

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2015
I am sure this is the most attention you have received from a man, you are probably begging for me to f0ck you.
I cant f0ck animals. You are beneath me.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

There is no concept of National identity prior to independence in Somalia. So your rants about somalia does not make meaning. What you have are mere clans that continue to Kill and destroy one another. Next topic....

1. You are an idiot

2. Somalia was named after Somali- which is an ethnicity, that existed for 1400 years before the country. This is why there were several Somali kingdoms, Adal, Ajuraan, one took over Ethiopia and the other took over Kenya.

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1. What do you mean when you say Ethiopian? Ethiopian is a multi ethnic country- and Somalis are the 3rd largest ethnicity in it.

2. If "Ethiopia was civilized' than so was Somalis as we ran it for hundreds of years and took it over until 1900's.

You keep mentioning ETH to boost your ego,right? Lol,unfortunately they have no regards for you,they took over somalia till one weak mad mulla man fought and Britian destroyed him. So concentrate on your stupid somali. Is that difficult?

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1. You are an idiot

2. Somalia was named after Somali- which is an ethnicity, that existed for 1400 years before the country. This is why there were several Somali kingdoms, Adal, Ajuraan, one took over Ethiopia and the other took over Kenya.
I don't care what you call yourselves. Clannish war is one of the problems of somalia. National identity is fluid in Somalia. Go and take several seats! And what are you? Disgrunted camel.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I don't care what you call yourselves. Clannish war is one of the problems of somalia. National identity is fluid in Somalia. Go and take several seats! And what are you? Disgrunted camel.

1. National identity is not fluid in Somalia. As people care and identify with being Somali even though they may live in Ethiopia or Kenya. So Somalis as an ethnic group have played a very large role in Ethiopian history.

2. As for clannish wars, their are only war between the federal government and Alshabaab.

3. I rather be a Somali camel herder with a proud history of self reliance and keeping my culture and protecting our land, than a Bantu who wears a wigs who comes from a people whose only acccomplishment for the past 500 years is just simply being enslaved.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You keep mentioning ETH to boost your ego,right? Lol,unfortunately they have no regards for you,they took over somalia till one weak mad mulla man fought and Britian destroyed him. So concentrate on your stupid somali. Is that difficult?

1. Again you must be learning Horn history as we speak.

2. Ethiopians history is deeply tied to Somali history, as they were controlled by us for the past couple hundred years. What part of that do you not understand? We are the same people until 1200-1400 years ago
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 9:01pm On Jun 08, 2015
Between 1529 and 1543, the Somali military leader Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi defeated several Ethiopian emperors and embarked on a conquest referred to as the Futuh Al-Habash ("Conquest of Abyssinia"wink, which brought three-quarters of Christian Abyssinia under the power of the Muslim Sultanate of Adal.[5][6] With an army mainly composed of Somalis,[7] Al-Ghazi's forces and their Ottoman allies came close to extinguishing the ancient Ethiopian kingdom.

However, the Abyssinians managed to secure the assistance of Cristóvão da Gama's Portuguese troops and maintain their domain's autonomy. Both polities in the process exhausted their resources and manpower, which resulted in the contraction of both powers and changed regional dynamics for centuries to come. Many historians trace the origins of hostility between Somalia and Ethiopia to this war.[8] Some scholars also argue that this conflict proved, through their use on both sides, the value of firearms such as the matchlock musket, cannons and the arquebus over traditional weapons.[9]

In 1529, Imam Ahmad's Adal troops defeated a larger Ethiopian contingent at the Battle of Shimbra Kure. The victory came at a heavy cost but it solidified the Somali forces' morale, providing proof that they could stand up to the sizable Ethiopian army.

The victories that gave the followers of Imam Ahmad the upper hand came in 1531. The first was at Antukyah, where cannon fire at the start of the battle panicked the Ethiopian soldiers. The second was on 28 October at Amba Sel, when troops under the Imam not only defeated but dispersed the Ethiopian army and captured items of the Imperial regalia. These victories allowed the Somalis to enter the Ethiopian highlands, where they began to sack and burn numerous churches, including Atronsa Maryam, where the remains of several Emperors had been interred.[10] The country was looted by the Ahmad's forces, who destroyed several Christian monuments and oppressed the non-Muslim Amhara and Tigray.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1. Again you must be learning Horn history as we speak.

2. Ethiopians history is deeply tied to Somali history, as they were controlled by us for the past couple hundred years. What part of that do you not understand? We are the same people until 1200-1400 years ago

I already told you they have no regards for you. They just withdrew their troops from Somalia cos UN begged them. You never controlled shi-t. They invaded you right before your eyes.

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ajuran: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
I already told you they have no regards for you. They just withdrew their troops from Somalia cos UN begged them. You never controlled shi-t. They invaded you right before your eyes.

1 Again you must be reading history on the fly

2. Somalis defeated Abyssinia and controlled 75 percent of it for many years

3. As for the war in 2000's, they left in defeat

4. As for the war in 1977, Somalia won, it became a tie after they got help from Soviet Union.
Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

Between 1529 and 1543, the Somali military leader Imam Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi defeated several Ethiopian emperors and embarked on a conquest referred to as the Futuh Al-Habash ("Conquest of Abyssinia"wink, which brought three-quarters of Christian Abyssinia under the power of the Muslim Sultanate of Adal.[5][6] With an army mainly composed of Somalis,[7] Al-Ghazi's forces and their Ottoman allies came close to extinguishing the ancient Ethiopian kingdom.

However, the Abyssinians managed to secure the assistance of Cristóvão da Gama's Portuguese troops and maintain their domain's autonomy. Both polities in the process exhausted their resources and manpower, which resulted in the contraction of both powers and changed regional dynamics for centuries to come. Many historians trace the origins of hostility between Somalia and Ethiopia to this war.[8] Some scholars also argue that this conflict proved, through their use on both sides, the value of firearms such as the matchlock musket, cannons and the arquebus over traditional weapons.[9]

In 1529, Imam Ahmad's Adal troops defeated a larger Ethiopian contingent at the Battle of Shimbra Kure. The victory came at a heavy cost but it solidified the Somali forces' morale, providing proof that they could stand up to the sizable Ethiopian army.

The victories that gave the followers of Imam Ahmad the upper hand came in 1531. The first was at Antukyah, where cannon fire at the start of the battle panicked the Ethiopian soldiers. The second was on 28 October at Amba Sel, when troops under the Imam not only defeated but dispersed the Ethiopian army and captured items of the Imperial regalia. These victories allowed the Somalis to enter the Ethiopian highlands, where they began to sack and burn numerous churches, including Atronsa Maryam, where the remains of several Emperors had been interred.[10] The country was looted by the Ahmad's forces, who destroyed several Christian monuments and oppressed the non-Muslim Amhara and Tigray.
That is for you and Ethiopians to sort out! History,concentrates on Victors not who first invaded each other. They people you reference don't give a hoot about you. You invaded them and remain backwards

1 Like

Re: I'm Here To Declare That Fulanis Are by Ihuomadinihu: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ajuran:

1 Again you must be reading history on the fly

2. Somalis defeated Abyssinia and controlled 75 percent of it for many years

3. As for the war in 2000's, they left in defeat

4. As for the war in 1977, Somalia won, it became a tie after they got help from Soviet Union.
Last ETH army left Somali just recently. And they came to fight stupi-d somali terrorist. What a pity!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Incredible MAN Of Africa / Saadu Haliru: Emir Of Lafiagi Is Dead / Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.