Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

A Nairanlander's Building Project - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Nairanlander's Building Project (29147 Views)

A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / A Nairanlander Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by princejones(m): 11:50am On Jun 29, 2015
Oga Abdul am in Aba incase you need my service
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
continuation of roofing work

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2015
Completion of the roofing wooden work. Here is the breakdown of materials
1. 2 x 4 hard wood long length of 17ft = 120nr
2. 2 x 4 hard wood of short length of 11ft = 160nr
3. 2 x 3 hard wood of short length of 11ft = 240nr
4. 1 x 12'' facial board = 26nr
5. 2 x 2'' soft nogging wood = 300nr
6. 2 bags of 4'' nail and 2 bags of 3'' nail
workmanship 120k

duration of job = 5days

2 Likes

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Empty
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Empty
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by PeoplesArmy: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
written:
Again, are builders any suitable mentor? Just 2days i went to a site, d 'engr' by virtue of d Xperiens gather over d years advice dat if i must train, that i shud start as though i neva had cert/degree ie serving- xo dat money in the pocket, then have a block setin experien, tape and settin out experiece would also come. What do u tink? Buh i knw one thing no mata d yrs of Xperiec a builda, he wouud nt be able to analys d way u hav so fa. Any advice? I jus want to knw enough to be able to carry out supervision on any small buildin project; then move on forward 4rm there. GOD bless u.

It's difficult to understand what you wrote? Show us that you truly have a certificate.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by FastShipping: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
written:
Again, are builders any suitable mentor? Just 2days i went to a site, d 'engr' by virtue of d Xperiens gather over d years advice dat if i must train, that i shud start as though i neva had cert/degree ie serving- xo dat money in the pocket, then have a block setin experien, tape and settin out experiece would also come. What do u tink? Buh i knw one thing no mata d yrs of Xperiec a builda, he wouud nt be able to analys d way u hav so fa. Any advice? I jus want to knw enough to be able to carry out supervision on any small buildin project; then move on forward 4rm there. GOD bless u.

Written indeed grin grin grin

Read your post again and do justice to English Language.

1 Like

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by mufutau55(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
FastShipping:

Written indeed grin grin grin
Read your post again and do justice to English Language.

A degree holder right? LOL!

Hajji M.
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 11, 2015
empty
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 11, 2015
ok. Long story short, i studied civil engrn.questions are? Where do i start from if i want to go into civil practice? Do u think it is worth the time learning from builders where u dont have engineers? Thanks peep. Dont mind my previous writeup '2much mucuh'.
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 11, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

It's difficult to understand what you wrote? Show us that you truly have a certificate.
. Ah ah. True, no commas,etc didnt proof read at all. Shame on me. Anyway d phone isnt any good when it comes to edity. 2devil 's damned slow.
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2015
written:
ok. Long story short, i studied civil engrn.questions are? Where do i start from if i want to go into civil start practice? Do u think it is worth the time learning from builders where u dont have engineers? Thanks peep. Dont mind my previous writeup '2much mucuh'.

Civil engineering is a very diverse and wide discipline, depending on the area you really want to specialized.
we have structures, highway engineering, foundation engineering, hydraulics, project managements, irrigation and water resources etc.

structural engineering enables you to work with architects on building and other discipline on building projects, your role depend heavily on the complexity of the job structural. The more structurally complex the job become the more your involvement.

To the main issue at hand, building construction is purely a building technology job, we structural engineers do the consultancy work but due to too much overlaps like our good understanding of materials property like concrete, steel, wood, polystyrene etc, and our better understanding in analysis and mathematics, we tends to do better as a builder if we are ready to learn.

what you really need to know are as follows:
1.Learn how to interpret architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical drawings on a building project
2. Learn how to read tape (linear measurement from measuring instrument), know the difference between 'metric' and 'imperic'
3. Learn how to do setting out with profile board
4. Learn how to batch concrete, mix ratio etc
5. Learn how to prepare quotation and bill of quantities
6. Learn how to do project schedules and job planning.

The title 'engineer' is overburden and very misleading. Learn as much as you can from artisans ( carpenters, masons, iron benders, electricians, etc). learn from other professionals like architects, civil engineers, building technologist, surveyor etc.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Civil engineering is a very diverse and wide discipline, depending on the area you really want to specialized.
we have structures, highway engineering, foundation engineering, hydraulics, project managements, irrigation and water resources etc.

structural engineering enables you to work with architects on building and other discipline on building projects, your role depend heavily on the complexity of the job structural. The more structurally complex the job become the more your involvement.

To the main issue at hand, building construction is purely a building technology job, we structural engineers do the consultancy work but due to too much overlaps like our good understanding of materials property like concrete, steel, wood, polystyrene etc, and our better understanding in analysis and mathematics, we tends to do better as a builder if we are ready to learn.

1.Learn how to interpret architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical drawings on a building project
2. Learn how to read tape (linear measurement from measuring instrument), know the difference between 'metric' and 'imperic'

The title 'engineer' is overburden and very misleading. Learn as much as you can from artisans ( carpenters, masons, iron benders, electricians, etc). learn from other professionals like architects, civil engineers, building technologist, surveyor etc.
Wow, my God, u took d time... Mehn u are kind. So i guess learning from builders isnt misplaced and it's never 2late. Thanks alot. I ll copy them right away.

1 Like

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by strongwilllead: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
Can you handle a roofing project in Ikorodu .

4 bedroom Flat Occupying half of a plot.

I need a quote for Hard wood ,not sprayed wood

And proposing Long span Aluminium

Mail detail to : strongwilllead@gmail.com
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Call Perfect Touch Aluminium for your aluminium works , we deliver with time and good quality .Tel:08153665659, 08067079715. Thanks
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Good work sir, pls you can contact us for your Aluminium works sir, thanks
abdulwastecx:

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Good evening sir/ma, we are here to introduce our service to u.. We deliver all your Aluminium works to beautify your building projects with a quality service delivery to put that smiles on your face , windows , railings , Aluminium roofings etc , pls call us on 08153665659, 08067079715.. Thanks to all our Nairaland customers

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
I have been away for some time now due to my busy schedules.... I am happy to be back here with our Chokocho project in Port harcourt
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
completed roofing work:

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
Here is the floor screed: This job was a repair job that I do not start from the foundation....
here is the screed work done instead of the over site concrete
summary of materials:
Descriptions Quantities Amounts
1. dngote cement 25bags N50,000
2. 3/8 sharp sand 2 trips
3. Workmanship sum N50,000
4. Water and other miscellaneous N2,000

Total (excluding sand ) = N102,000

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
more pictures

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Conduit pipe work and other electrical work:
materials for this stage of the electrical work cost about N49,200
the workmanship was about N25,000

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 11:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
plastering work :
materials
1.40bags of cements =N80,000
2.two trip of plaster sand = N48,000
3.Workmanship = N 93,000
4. Water and other miscellaneous = N10,000
Total for plaster ( excluding window, door and column dressing) = N241,000

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by PeoplesArmy: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:
plastering work :
materials
1.40bags of cements =N80,000
2.two trip of plaster sand = N48,000
3.Workmanship = N 93,000
4. Water and other miscellaneous = N10,000
Total for plaster ( excluding window, door and column dressing) = N241,000

OK. Following.

Is that floor screed a substitute for German floor? What is the real purpose?

At what stage will the plumbing work be done? After plastering or same time with electrical piping?

1 Like

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by abdulwastecx(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

OK. Following.

Is that floor screed a substitute for German floor? What is the real purpose?

At what stage will the plumbing work be done? After plastering or same time with electrical piping?

I didn't start work from the foundation level, I start it half way.
he wanted it as a substitute for the DPC .

I wanted the plumbing work to come before the floor screed but the client don't want it
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
abdulwastecx:

I didn't start work from the foundation level, I start it half way.
he wanted it as a substitute for the DPC .

I wanted the plumbing work to come before the floor screed but the client don't want it

Mr. Wastec, a thread on plumbing will be extremely beneficial if you have time.

For example what plumbing should be done at what stage on a bungalow to save cost.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Onuokwu: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Mr. Wastec, a thread on plumbing will be extremely beneficial if you have time.

For example what plumbing should be done at what stage on a bungalow to save cost.

Thanks.

Seconded.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Porthos: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jesus! I'm forced to be ur student……… only if we have more like u on NL…………… you are good joor!

1 Like

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Uberness: 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
abdulwastecx:
laying of block
The straightness of the blocks and the precision of laying is impeccable even for a soak away / septic tank.
Appreciations !
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
Pls sir wat will it take to construct a septic tank dat a car can drive and pack on top....tanks

1 Like

Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by lonelydora: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2017
How much is a plot of land at chokocho now?
Re: A Nairanlander's Building Project by money121(m): 7:33am On Mar 30, 2017
Ok

Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB Okays Centenary City Project / Department Of Interior Decorations / 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.