Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked (7119 Views)

Southwest APC Insists On True Federalism / True Federalism, Its Advantages And Implications. / Only True Federalism Can Resolve Nigeria’s Problems – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by kubba: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2015
lilflipnerd:
Osinbajo

Thank you.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by VintageCocktail(m): 10:06am On Jun 04, 2015
I've seen that most people opening up thread about Biafra and Igbo's are not even from there, these goes to show..... PANIC, RESTLESSNESS of the unknown for these set of people.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2015
Choi see finishing and wonderful comebacks... Nontheless up biafra... I'm still a learner when it comes to e-war.. The yorubash are scared they don't have what it takes to stand on their own. Biafra I want... When the time is ripe.. E go show.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by abiambo(m): 10:48am On Jun 04, 2015
yoruba , the one tribe that doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the centre save their alliances and mouth,
Dollyak:
Prominent Yoruba leaders at a Pan-Yoruba Summit yesterday in Ibadan, Oyo State, re-echoed the call for a true federal structure, where all regions in the country will develop at their own pace.
They also listed criteria for the leader that would get the vote of Yoruba people during the forthcoming general elections and distanced themselves from endorsement of any candidate.
Leading the agitators for a true federalism where every the region would be controlling its own economy and resources were frontline Yoruba leaders from Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Lagos states and their kith and kin from Kwara, Kogi, Delta and Edo and those from other geo-political zones in the country.
Convener of the summit held at the Parliament Building, General Alani Akinrinade (rtd), said the current challenges facing the Yoruba in the areas of infrastructure decay, bad governance, violence, loss of cultural values and inequality as a result of unfavorable policies and marginalisation of people of the region was the fallout of the current system of government.

Speaking on the theme, “Yoruba People: Our Aspirations and Minimum Demands from the Central Government of Nigeria”, Akinrinade maintained that the current challenges facing the Yoruba would continue if their demands were not met.
He said: “Sadly, our region is now more vulnerable to drought, pollution, spread of evasive species, receding and shifting coastal lines, deforestation and de-vegetation, biological diversity depletion, erosion, land sources degradation and urban decay.
“Our space lacks environmental governance and we appear to be getting to a stage where we may no longer have a sustainable environment to fall back on or call our own, this trend will continue unless every federating unit is opportune to achieve its highest potentials within the Nigerian nation without hindrance.”
Akinrinade, who argued that the South-West zone had what it takes to compete with countries like South Africa, Canada, Ghana and the United Kingdom, noted with dismay that the region was still lagging behind in a number of ways.
“South-West Region has vast endowments and potential to rival some standalone countries like South- Africa, Canada, Ghana and even the United Kingdom.
“We have over 40 million people, approximately twice the population of Ghana and close to that of South Africa. “As a people, we can boast of large markets in Nigeria and we are home to possibly the highest numbers of middle class in the country. Despite these, the region still lags behind on quite a numbers of developmental indices.
“The vast agricultural and industrial potential of the region remains untapped and most of states in the region still rely largely on funds from the centre to balance their budget,” he said. Akinrinade then declared that power should be decentralised to allow all regions to function effectively, saying “the Yoruba people are rightly concerned about their nation within a Nigerian construct.
The Vice Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said the Yoruba have been setting the pace for other regions since pre-independence days, noting that his party is not jittery over the coming elections. He solicited for the cooperation of the people to support his party, saying the APC would bring the desired change in the country.
Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State said the setback Yoruba have been experiencing since 1999 should be thoroughly tackled without delay, stating that it was unfortunate that members of a faction of the Odua Peoples Congress, OPC, have openly endorsed a candidate, while bearing arms and ammunitions.
He also noted that the purported endorsement of the candidate as the general elections draw nearer was unfortunate, warning the people of the zone to vote wisely. Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State said the region as a people must continue to work for their unity and continue to be a leading light in Nigeria and Africa as a whole.
He argued that Yoruba as a leading light of Africa must not be involved in factors that may undermine the race such as corruption and purported endorsement of candidates just as he opposed any move to introduce Interim Government as being insinuated since the elections were shifted some weeks ago.
He noted that the N155bn lost monthly has indicated that Nigeria needs to be restructured and ensure that states developed on their own.
He observed that the use of card readers during elections is non-negotiable since all have accepted to be using Automated Teller Machines, ATM, instead of queuing at banks. The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said it was untrue for anyone to say that Yoruba are not in support of the recently concluded national conference.
The demand for true federalism is a contrast to the stand of some Yoruba leaders following the dictates of Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo State who is also the South West campaign coordinator for President Goodluck Jonathan. Their rejection of Governor Mimiko has led to their abscence of key Yoruba leaders from activities to support Jonathan’s campaign in the South West.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/yoruba-leaders-in-ibadan-insist-on-true-federalism/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/yorubas-insist-true-federalism/
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2015
Scholes007:
I would have neglected this but I think there are things in your comment that is insulting and tribally induced due to ignorance or outright stupidity...what do you mean by " The average biafra(Nigeria Rednecks) is an incompetent, barely educated, mildy intelligent, overly emotional man and woman with little or no strategic plans or critical thought. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to listen to those noisy minorities. " ...I am very upset by your very educated, highly intelligent, mildly emotional comment born out of critical thought you could also explain too MR
It is obvious to me biafra supporters in Igbo land are the minorities. I have never met any sane Igbo person that wants biafra. Seriously, the actions of most biafra supporters on this forum says it all. Let's fight for a different cause, starting from calling for a more integration of Igbos into Nigeria politics. How are we going to be trusted if some of us keep flirting with the idea of leaving. I have also notice that everyone with a different views get attacked on this forum and on biafra radio which shows a militant behaviour. I Love my Igbo people more than life itself and I wouldn't want the innocent ones to be perished for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2015
abiambo:
yoruba , the one tribe that doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the centre save their alliances and mouth,
Let's not go there because you are not speaking with facts. The figures showing regional contribution to the federal government says otherwise. Please you guys should leave southeast for the peaceful loving sisters and brothers of mine.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by ochendo2020: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2015
If the Yoruba Elites want the federalism that is their choice and then they can still become the tools and pets of the Notherners, We Briafrans want out

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by madamoringo(f): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

It is obvious to me biafra supporters in Igbo land are the minorities. I have never met any sane Igbo person that wants biafra. Seriously, the actions of most biafra supporters on this forum says it all. Let's fight for a different cause, starting from calling for a more integration of Igbos into Nigeria politics. How are we going to be trusted if some of us keep flirting with the idea of leaving. I have also notice that everyone with a different views get attacked on this forum and on biafra radio which shows a militant behaviour. I Love my Igbo people more than life itself and I wouldn't want the innocent ones to be perished for the wrong reasons.

You are unfortunately wasting your time. The hunting dog that will get lost will never hear the hunter's whistle - so is the case of the Ibos. Let them go this very second! Ibo stop your annoying online propaganda, no one is buying your BS! Let every Ibo now return to Iboland, never come out of their region for at least 3 years, then declare Biafra and see if anyone will even bother! We will just fence off the rest of Nigeria that are not coward, positive and want to try hard to build a successful country! Don't ever try stealing any square inch of Nigeria's sovereign territory, we will never sell you food or water, no aeroplane that is coming to your country will ever fly over Nigeria's airspace otherwise it would be blown out of the sky.

Ibos please go to your BeastaFra today and stop crying like mindless zombie freaks. Go, go, go! We don't want you in the Senate or NA, never as president or VP! We don't want you snakes in any part of the SW or in Abuja. Go to Iboo land and we will come fence you in!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Don't worry God has put someone like us to guide you guys, so as not to stumble. No biafra for you ģuys until you start making sense.

My dear, don't worry, Nigeria will not break. All of them shouting Biafra will soon take cold stout and sleep. cool

BTW, you're a beautiful girl and I am happy to know you are Yoruba-Igbo. Do I have your permission to place your pix on my DP for a week? cheesy
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2015
madamoringo:

You are unfortunately wasting your time. The hunting dog that will get lost will never hear the hunter's whistle - so is the case of the Ibos. Let them go this very second! Ibo stop your annoying online propaganda, no one is buying your BS! Let every Ibo now return to Iboland, never come out of their region for at least 3 years, then declare Biafra and see if anyone will even bother! We will just fence off the rest of Nigeria that are not coward, positive and want to try hard to build a successful country! Don't ever try stealing any square inch of Nigeria's sovereign territory, we will never sell you food or water, no aeroplane that is coming to your country will ever fly over Nigeria's airspace otherwise it would be blown out of the sky.

Ibos please go to your BeastaFra today and stop crying like mindless zombie freaks. Go, go, go! We don't want you in the Senate or NA, never as president or VP! We don't want you snakes in any part of the SW or in Abuja. Go to Iboo land and we will come fence you in!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We are going no where; Igbos are Nigerians not Biafrans. cool

Will you marry me so that we can produce lovely people like Dollyak? She's Yoruba-Igbo. cool

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Don't worry God has put someone like us to guide you guys, so as not to stumble. No biafra for you ģuys until you start making sense.

That your DP ehhnn! !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 11:22am On Jun 04, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My dear, don't worry, Nigeria will not break. All of them shouting Biafra will soon take cold stout and sleep. cool

BTW, you're a beautiful girl and I am happy to know you are Yoruba-Igbo. Do I have your permission to place your pix on my DP for a week? cheesy
Hmm not sure how I feel about that, you can go ahead I guess lol. Seriously, I hope all of us can put this divisive propaganda behind us and move Igbo tribe forward. God bless
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by shineeye: 11:22am On Jun 04, 2015
harde2lah:

While you are in the SW, do not forget to pay for the air that you will breathe so that people can know a flatty is in town, who pays for everything including the air he breathes. Delusional human being. While at it, encourage all your fellow immigrants to pack out of the "shit hole" to your erosion ravaged Biafra. You'll surely not be missed. Good riddance!! can't wait
But you dirty Swaste people forget that you are telling a delta state man their resources feed your region till kingdom come to leave ur useless almajiri states that always hope on oil revenue to pay salaries and eat food.
Better start planting cocoa because more suffer heads will increase in yorubaland once your mouth has been force out from oil from his back yard and all the igbo properties better dont touch it or they might as-well destroy every thing not even a boys quarters will be left out,they no their boys quarters will be like a palace for you people at list you can poo in a decent toilets ezi..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by shineeye: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Hmm not sure how I feel about that, you can go ahead I guess lol. Seriously, I hope all of us can put this divisive propaganda behind us and move Igbo tribe forward. God bless
hahahaha stop panicking your igbo boyfriend will not leave you you are welcome to lower niger bridge..you dont look full yoruba u must be half we know most yorubas are mostly ugly creatures, just the same way their hearts look cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Since you are not sure let me not do it then. cry
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2015
Indeed

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by zendy: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

Your are like a blind bat in a cave who is using its senses to get around but can't see the obvious. Let me tell you something you may not believe. If a referendum is conducted today in Igboland asking the Igbos if they want to secede as Biafra or remain in Nigeria, not less than 90% of all Igbos will vote to leave. The other 10 percent who will vote to stay are a combination of Igbos who were born or raised outside Igboland in places like Lagos and have since been "Yorubanised",the Igbos who feeding fat off the cesspit of deciet called Nigeria and the sceptical Igbos who fear the future. Self determination is an inalienable right of man and it is the integral right of the Igbos to decide for themselves if they are Nigerian or not. The people own the land, the land never owns the people. The Igbos must be given a referendum to decide their relationship with the Nigerian state, we have outgrown seeking relevance in a failed state like Nigeria. The only future Nigeria has is referendum or war. And if it comes to war, I will be one of the first on the frontlines with my Rifle ready to defend Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Since you are not sure let me not do it then. cry
You can use it tongue
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by CSTR2: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
What a vomit inducing thread. The level of ignorance on display is shocking.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

You can use it tongue

Thank you, check my profile. cool
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Dollyak(f): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Thank you, check my profile. cool
Enjoy lol.
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by ozoebuka1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
harde2lah:

You have serious Delusion of Grandeur. We can't wait for you to leave. You want Biafra and you are still migrating to our lands in droves. You can't just do without coming into our region. Your lifeline and life support is the South West. If you're really serious about your Biafra, start telling your parasitic brothers to stay away from our region and the immigrants should start moving back to Alaibo, then we can take you serious. Am sure you are even in the SW typing this nonsense. Take the next bus to upper iweka and go and whine bout your biafla there.
relax!!! u know that truth is bitter.. if biafra decides to go into war today, won't ur brothers join d hausa to stop them from leaving? if they will join them, please don't quote me but if they will not u can quote me...tnks
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Scholes007(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Dollyak:

you have not answered my question friend... I am not a fan of getting Biafra through violence or any rebellious way but if there is any diplomatic way of achieving it , trust me I will contribute towards that even if it takes all I have got as a living being.

Do you know that a gossiper will always listen to what you say not what he/she say, then he will go out calling you names and even twisting your words to suit his or her evil agenda while he is worse than you. ie "gossiper=backstabber"... so you should be careful of such persons more than your worst enemy for they come as friends, pretending to be in support of your progress, will be filled with words that are swter than honey at first but jealousy feels in their hrts... they betray you and will always mock you at any of your downfall.

Mind you there are filled with so many words as their speech could fill a note book

thank you
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by shineeye: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We are going no where; Igbos are Nigerians not Biafrans. cool

Will you marry me so that we can produce lovely people like Dollyak? She's Yoruba-Igbo. cool
that one don see her menopause teyy teyyy better look for fresh yoruba girl to breed cheesy
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
shineeye:
that one don see her menopause teyy teyyy better look for fresh yoruba girl to breed cheesy

Are you serious? cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by shineeye: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
chowlade:

That's not preparation atall.for long we have seen u as a brother but history has shown that u r enemies 4 backyard in d SW.
if another War start SW May likely Join but we dont want ur refugee in SW again make una head to d Lagoon.
stop panicking lower niger bridge dont want the lousy one nigeria to continue anymore, they want to manage themselves we dont wan parasites specially ungrateful ones to steal from us again we want t o put a stop on hausa and yoruba parasites
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by shineeye: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you serious? cheesy cheesy
am serious that one no be young thing ooh she don click 55 and still going cheesy
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
shineeye:
am serious that one no be young thing ooh she don click 55 and still going cheesy

madamoringo, is this true? See this guy discouraging me from marrying you. What do you have to say about this? smiley
Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by MayorofLagos(m): 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
If you read what OP posted and understand it well it is obvious Yorubas are calling for several things, amongst which is...

1. The recognition that each ethnic group has capabilities which is best expressed when it faces inward and expends it internally to itself.
2. The differences between the ethnic groups are so extreme in similarities that a co-belonging and co-sharing in each others culture and customs in a cosmopolitan mesh is inefficient and benefits no one in the end.
3. The experiment of a unified Nigeria, whether under military or civilian rule is a pretense. A people must live in truth, not in pretense, as truth is what prospers the land.
4. Each ethnic group is focused on fear and suspicion of the other for access into power and control, thereby destroying its self capacity and usefullness culturally to its native domain, and broadly to everyone else.

Anyway, thanks Dollyak for your contributions.

I believe Biafra of Ojukwu would have ended in catastrophy if it had succeeded in bevoming a sovereign back then. The Biafra of today will be much diffrrent due to lessons learnt over the years and the fact the Osus are empowered now and will rebel against any attempt to return them into a social caste on their land....a feat that would be impossible in a Biafra of the 60s.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by OoduaVanguard: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
zendy:

Your are like a blind bat in a cave who is using its senses to get around but can't see the obvious. Let me tell you something you may not believe. If a referendum is conducted today in Igboland asking the Igbos if they want to secede as Biafra or remain in Nigeria, not less than 90% of all Igbos will vote to leave. The other 10 percent who will vote to stay are a combination of Igbos who were born or raised outside Igboland in places like Lagos and have since been "Yorubanised",the Igbos who feeding fat off the cesspit of deciet called Nigeria and the sceptical Igbos who fear the future. Self determination is an inalienable right of man and it is the integral right of the Igbos to decide for themselves if they are Nigerian or not. The people own the land, the land never owns the people. The Igbos must be given a referendum to decide their relationship with the Nigerian state, we have outgrown seeking relevance in a failed state like Nigeria. The only future Nigeria has is referendum or war. And if it comes to war, I will be one of the first on the frontlines with my Rifle ready to defend Biafra.

That's a lie and even you know it! You people are a pathetic lot. You blame everyone but yourselves for your problems -- it's always other people holding you back, you NEVER accept responsiblity for your own failures as a people.

For example, the Enugu International Airport till today is getting lesser and lesser patronage from your own people who still prefer to come to Lagos to board their international flights. Your travelers will give all the excuses in the world as to why they would rather FLY all the way to Lagos to catch a flight out of the country when they could easily do so via closer-by ENUGU Intl' Airport.

Before that Airport was upgraded, you people did not allow us to hear word about how its upgrade would be a game-changer and reduce your dependence on "South West" airports. And now that you've gotten it you have failed to put it to use!!!!! That right there sums up the Yiboman, he's an abject FAILURE!!!

Another example are your so-called 'billionaires', especially the Anambra ones. Upon all your noises, your 'billionaires' still prefer to build and invest in the SW. Ifeanyi Uba has only ONE petrol station in the whole of Anambra. His tangible assets are all located in Lagos. Ditto Arthur Eze, Ditto Emeka Offor, Ditto Coscharis.

Face it, your erosion infested region is simply not condusive for even your own people to remain in, let alone attract other Nigerians. No amount of lies you come here to spew will change that fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked by disumusa: 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
ozoebuka1:
naija so like biafrans... they so like them that they don't even want to hear. about letting them go.or even thinking about it... hmmm ... Yoruba in particular.
who care about biafra any time i read or hard biafra its alway funny to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Constitution Review: 7 Controversial Clauses As NASS Panel Finalises Report / Grid Challenges: Continued Efforts To Enhance Stability - TCN / The Article That Got El Rufai Into Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.