Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! (57240 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / How Mothers Handle Kids When They Refuse To Brush Their Teeth / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by ireneidiva(f): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
Unikbeau:
It just shows how shallow minded some people are,u can drive home your points without being insultive.
Hello? You are the one who insulted!
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
ireneidiva:

Hello? You are the one who insulted!
I was actually supporting u,sory.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by topshore(f): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
OLUWAMISIMI
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by ireneidiva(f): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Unikbeau:
I was actually supporting u,sory.
Ohh. Sorry about that.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nmeri17: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
Having gone through the comments and see that most people here prefer foreign names to our native names, it's safe to conclude that the black race would forever remain slaves to imperialism.

Should a Chinese or an Indian come across the comments on this thread they would have nothing but pity and sympathy for the black man for still preferring the names of our colonial masters over theirs.

The black man would forever remain in bondage until we retrace our steps and realize that native names are more admired and respected even by the imperialists. Our identity/heritage would keep going deep down the pit until we start taking up our native names and language.
so you're saying I shouldn't name my son Collins but gbajabiamilla undecided

1 Like

Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Gamesmart: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Some of you should continue abandoning your identity for some idiotic desperation to be something else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33060450

"Far from serving as a model for cultural change in Greenland, the children ended up as a small, rootless and marginalised group on the periphery of their own society. Several of them became alcoholics and died young."

"Some of them became homeless and some just broke down. They lost their identity and they lost their ability to speak their mother tongue and with that, they lost their sense of purpose in life"

"Their well-being was set aside in favour of a project. They meant well, but it all went terribly wrong. I suppose the thinking at the time was that they wanted to educate and improve Greenlanders to give them a better future"

This shows what happens in extreme cases of eliminating one's identity from childhood. You cases might not be extreme, but there is a degree of the extreme in it and the outcomes would be a degree of the extremes' outcomes.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by ibrokola(m): 5:56am On Jun 28, 2015
Nebila:
If I am married to a muslim their names will be:Nebila,Zahra,zinatu(Zina),Yusuf and Mohammed

Christian: Grace,Ruth,Solomon and Joseph

Tribal names:
If amm gettn married to an Igbo Man like mom did tongue
#Chimamanda
Chinonso
#Ekene
#Amaka

Please don't ask me for other tribes!
Hahaha. Cute
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by xzibit84(m): 6:19am On Feb 15, 2016
TORI
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 15, 2016
RYAAN(BOY)

JANNAH(GIRL)
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by LuciusX: 8:47am On Mar 18, 2020
Oluwafikemi & Folakemi. 2 kids.
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2020
LuciusX:
Oluwafikemi & Folakemi. 2 kids.
May God grant your heart desires.
So shall it be in Jesus name.
You have a very bright and beautiful future ahead of you.
Stay blessed LuciusX
Re: Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! by Sexyliciousbri: 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Chloe
Tyrese
Jayden
Beverly

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation / My Husband Is So Annoying. I'm Depress. / 16-Year-Old Girl Writes Letter/Will Before Her Death In The North. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.