Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,918 members, 7,835,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position (20253 Views)

Akwa-Ibom Lawyers Drag Buhari To Court Over NDDC Appointment / Saraki's Cct Trial: Finally Group Of Lawyers Drag Fg To Court, Tackles The Agf / Jibrin, Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others In Race For Speakership Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by ldpele(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2015
seunmsg:

The suit was filed by Chukwuma Nwachukwu Esq and Osita K. Nwaikpo Esq of Law Bond Solicitors, Abuja.

The people behind the suit says it all. If jealousy and hatred doesn't kill some people, nothing else will.
when it favors you, advice like don't look into the messanger but the message itself. God Abeg ooo
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by hadura29(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I wonder if lawyers no longer learn logic in the university. By inference, the lawyers are telling us that the offence for which Gbajabiamila was convicted was not enough to stop him from being a member of the House of Representatives, why then should it stop him from being the Speaker?

That's just the simple truth, they should have stopped him then and not fool us now... Who are they deceiving? Tah no be me... I jump am pass...
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by wetdspace(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2015
Stupidity in lawyers suit...
They saw d sin, den no see d judgments.
He's a confirmed free man.
Gbajabiamila my man... The most humane man for the post.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by ldpele(m): 9:04am On Jun 05, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Yes, I am a south westerner.
Yes, I am an APC supporter.
Yes, I have had personal encounters with Hon. Gbajabiamila.
But hell no, I do not support his Speaker ambition.
That man is obnoxiously arrogant and proud. Same can be said about Sen. Saraki.
I can bet that if these two men clinch the HoR Speaker and Senate President positions respectively, no common man will gain access to them, no matter how much they try. From experience, these men think all you want from them is money and they'll treat you like a dog after throwing a little sum at you. Except you are politically relevant to them of course.

That does not mean that the lawyers dragging Gbajabiamila to court have any sense in their head. They are as daft and clueless as......lipsrsealed
unfortunately, your just full with cause and abuses. Wish u av stated your reasons y the lawyers are clueless and daft, because their reasons is been placed in front of everyone to see including a court of competent juridision.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by skykenny: 9:05am On Jun 05, 2015
These are grievous allegations. It's this kind of person that makes Nigeria a laughing stock in the world. An ex convict seeking the fouth position in the country.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2015
hadura29:

That's just the simple truth, they should have stopped him then and not fool us now... Who are they deceiving? Tah no be me... I jump am pass...
I doubt if the HoR is going to consider the judgement.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by docsholz(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2015
He'll become speaker and nothing will happen
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Caseless: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2015
frankyychiji:
Address the issue at stake or you take your joke to the relevant section.
gbaja is our next speaker by God's grace. I wont pay attention to those hungry lawyers up there.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by xguy(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2015
There is something about APC that unique, like it or not. They unvailing everything... Really change is here
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by seunmsg(m): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2015
nerodenero:

I beg to differ. If he was found of wrongdoings in the past then he isn't eligible to hold public office in Nigeria. I am a fan of Gbaja but let us call a spade a spade. Sorry, I think you are the bigot here.

If you are a fan of Gbaja and you have followed his political career closely, I think you should by know be well aware of this case. The case has been discussed and trashed in the past so what's to it? He was never convicted by any court in the US or any other country. Some political enemies who are hell-bent on frustrating his emergence as the speaker of the HOR are behind this case. This are the same people that instituted so many frivolous cases against PMB before the election and they lost in all the cases.

Call me a bigot or any name, the truth must be told that a certain section in the country are against the emergence of a Yoruba man as the speaker. Calling them out is the least we can do to shut them up.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by ldpele(m): 9:15am On Jun 05, 2015
Caseless:
hag, you don't even know the name of ur co-TANdog. It is severuSnape aka severe-anus-shape and, not serveusnape.
pls someone here still need to RECEIVE SENSE
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by simplynola(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2015
And why did you not go to court then to stop him from being minority leader of the house. Stupid lawyers that contribute to the set back Nigeria is facing now.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by patpaul: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2015
LIKE tIEFNUBU, LIKE GBAJIAMILA, LIKE SARAKI, LIKE....APC ARE FULL OF EX-CRIMINALS CLAIMING TO BE SAINTS AND ATTACKING THOSE THEY SEE AS CURRENT THIEVES IN PDP.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by StOla: 9:20am On Jun 05, 2015
I'm not too sure whether Femi Gbajabiamila has a criminal conviction, or he was found liable in a civil dispute. That he was supposedly disbarred also does not amount to a criminal conviction.

I know this matter has come up many times in the past, so I'm certain that the purpose of this campaign is just to discredit him and make him back down from his speakership ambitions. I am certain the case will gain no traction in court, it is just a calculated bad publicity.

In the long run, we as a people will purge ourselves of leaders with a past negative record, be it a conviction or just a warning.

The worst of us shouldn't be leading the best of us.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by ldpele(m): 9:21am On Jun 05, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

This issue is not new. It's has been in public knowledge for years. Why didn't the lawyers use it to stop Gbajabiamila in the first place from contesting on the 28 of March? Why should it be used to stop him from being the Speaker?
it still doesn't make the case worthless, interest or no interest, he should defend himself, this is the beauty of democracy.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Williamso(m): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2015
But he has been a member of HoR since 2003, yet convicted in 2007?? Something is amiss here
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by ldpele(m): 9:25am On Jun 05, 2015
simplynola:
And why did you not go to court then to stop him from being minority leader of the house. Stupid lawyers that contribute to the set back Nigeria is facing now.
so your problem is their interest, ba? Mine is for him to defend himself, because, I don't want ex-convict been saddle with the responsibility of leading this country.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by seunmsg(m): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2015
nationwide1:

The people behind the suit don't matter as the fact behind the suit.
Jealousy and hatred! What if the allegations are true?
What would you have said if he was of the PDP fold?
Or do you mean ex-convicts can now hold public offices in Nigeria simply because he is in APC?
I hope you can now see why Nigeria cannot grow- too much sacred cows.

This as nothing to do with APC or PDP. And I think you should also try and listen to Gbajabiamila's side of the story before pronouncing him an ex convict. The only criteria for emerging as the speaker of the HOR is your membership of the house. If they have a problem with his election as a member of the house of reps they should have challenged him at the electoral tribunal or even try to get a court to disqualify him before the election. Hypocrisy, jealousy and hatred is the only reason why a group of people will ask a court to grant an injection restraining the leading candidate from contesting an election few days to the said election. What were they looking at since he got elected into the house of reps in 2007? Why dint they approach the tribunal since April 11 when he won the house of reps seat?

Let me stop here abeg, Gbaja is the next speaker and their is nothing any hater can do about it.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Keegan: 9:30am On Jun 05, 2015
seunmsg:

The suit was filed by Chukwuma Nwachukwu Esq and Osita K. Nwaikpo Esq of Law Bond Solicitors, Abuja.

The people behind the suit says it all. If jealousy and hatred doesn't kill some people, nothing else will.

They will never prosper.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by 83lagosroad(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2015
fashoo2010:
Na wa oo ....well not surprise, dats Nigeria politics for u, they will dig out ur bad past to bring u down... I'm very sure dis allegation will not even affect his chances of becoming d speaker...

I read about this about 3 years ago. Ao what do you expect from Lagos APC legislators
they all have criminal records locally and internationally. Even in Lagos where they are forced on people. Its either they have been involved in something shoddy or have criminal tendencies.
Tinunbu ==== drug related = Toronto saga
Ambode ==== money missing issues
Gbajabuamila === conviction internationally
Obanikoro===== wahala today wahala tomorrow.
A popular American tv reporter on fox I guess once described Lagos as "poverty and corruption ridden, disgrace of a city" when he was he on investigation on 419guys in Lagos. Buhari should just flush this mess once and for all. Thief, criminals should not be in top positions in this country. No morals to br learnt by young people but simply inbreeding of corruption.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by 83lagosroad(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2015
seunmsg:

This as nothing to do with APC or PDP. And I think you should also try and listen to Gbajabiamila's side of the story before pronouncing him an ex convict. The only criteria for emerging as the speaker of the HOR is your membership of the house. If they have a problem with his election as a member of the house of reps they should have challenged him at the electoral tribunal or even try to get a court to disqualify him before the election. Hypocrisy, jealousy and hatred is the only reason why a group of people will ask a court to grant an injection restraining the leading candidate from contesting an election few days to the said election. What were they looking at since he got elected into the house of reps in 2007? Why dint they approach the tribunal since April 11 when he won the house of reps seat?

Let me stop here abeg, Gbaja is the next speaker and their is nothing any hater can do about it.

My friend think straight. Don't you thing Europeans and Americans will make mockery of us in terms of the "change' we profess?. See the implication is that once these guys get to top positions all other country will laugh at our ( GMB) effort to fight corruption. You in particular will be subjected to unnecessary scrutiny at airports etc when the need arises to travel out. You will a victim of unnecessary interrogation and spy by interpol. Fbi. Cia etc. "He who must come equity must come with clean hands."

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by 1miccza: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2015
folabayo1:
Make una dey drag each other go court like say na katangowa market undecided

This weather tho cheesy

Ohh!!weather for twoooo
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by reuben79: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2015
Igbos lawyers are enemy of progress, dey did Desamething with buhari but God pass them.dey must fail again.failure is der poison
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2015
Firefire:

My sister it goes beyond the allegation. The hand behind all this revelation and accusation is Bola Tinubu all in attempt to remove Gbajabiamila from the race.

Every single element in APC have a rotten past which stinks to the high heavens. (And they are claiming Progressive)

The war against Sen. Bukola Saraki and Hon. Gbajabiamila is to have a puppet Tinubu can control at will, moreover when the other human being belongs to everyone and to nobody.

Nigeria is sick and needs divine intervention.

embarassed undecided

Don't worry, PDP will redeem us soon

In d year 4015 grin
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by justjify(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2015
hadura29:
The thunder wey go fire these lawyer still dey collect instruction. What were they doing these years while he was in the house... Now they want to tell me nonsense.

In D'banj voice "don't tell me nonsense"

Now you got me laughing.. Thunder collecting instructions? Guy try comedy walai
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by reuben79: 9:45am On Jun 05, 2015
Gbaja all d way.I like political gbajalism
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by 1miccza: 9:45am On Jun 05, 2015
Hmmm Nigeria is moving forward i can see.. Crime now pays, commit a crime and join a ruling political party then you become a saint,it started gradually with PDP but i dare say it's increasing steadily in the hearts of the common man. People today see this trend as a good move . We are changing... God bless and help Nigeria
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 05, 2015
reuben79:
Igbos lawyers are enemy of progress, dey did Desamething with buhari but God pass them.dey must fail again.failure is der poison

No pls don't insult us due to some minority cheap lawyers frm my tribe. We're not like dat. One thing u must understand is dat some of my greedy brodas are out of cheap business due to PDP's loss, so bitterness n ranting is dia lil consolation. Pity dem but don't generalize cos some of us are sane. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2015
ldpele:
unfortunately, your just full with cause and abuses. Wish u av stated your reasons y the lawyers are clueless and daft, because their reasons is been placed in front of everyone to see including a court of competent juridision.

Did they also state their evidence or just mere allegations?
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by reuben79: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2015
Keegan:

Naa dere way
They will never prosper.
Re: Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position by nigerhead(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2015
Its just funny that lawyers who should reason better are used for some of the most inane causes. If he was convicted in the US why not just challenge his election to the House of Representatives, why just challenge his aspiration to be Speaker.

I am sure this is not the first time his alleged conviction has been brought up. He failed to remit client's funds, came back to Nigeria ran for elections, then he took himself back to the US and voluntarily went to court admitted that he failed to remit the funds. He was then suspended from practicing for a short period but is allowed to practice again. If he is allowed to practice how can he be a convicted felon then?

Yes, he was being clever by half by returning the funds himself after he might have used it for his private/electioneering purposes. but he did dodge conviction and only got a suspension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Men To Pay N1m For Blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s Convoy / Makinde Suspends Curfew For Crossover Nights In Oyo / Nathaniel Samuel, Christian Bomber: Fani-kayode, CAN Lied - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.