Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Mikel Applies For British Citizenship - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship (8316 Views)

Mikel Obi Becomes British Citizen / Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job / Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 2:17am On Feb 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Escape route?? Who doesn't know ILR comes before British Passport??
I know the system Akola and i am sure Ibime does.

Of course Mikel and Sauron dont know until wew lecture them.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 2:22am On Feb 21, 2009
@Sharoun

You dont even know home office website grin
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 2:49am On Feb 21, 2009
presido1:

Ibime EEC citizens don't need to work for 5 yrs before getting British pali. As EEC you get your pali if u want after being in UK for 3 yrs. Again u must be free from any criminal act.

Who says?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/10/23/arsenal-s-spanish-goalkeeper-manuel-almunia-wants-to-play-for-england-115875-20829736/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/2739845.stm
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by chyk91(m): 3:51am On Feb 21, 2009
Abeg leave mikel o
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by theboy0808(m): 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2009
Don't say nuffin!!
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by c0274309: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2009
It's obvious many don't have a clue about immigration rules in the UK. You cannot and I repeat "YOU CANNOT" be issued British Citizenship unless you have lived in the UK for 5 years on a Working Permit Visa i.e. Tier 1, HSMP, Work Permit etc and live a further one year on an Indefinite leave to remain Visa and have a clean record irrespective of how much you earn.

The Home Office makes more money than any immigrating superstar and declare profits in billions on a yearly basis so forget how much anybody earns. There is no fast track to citizenship except through Marriage which will reduce the above process to 3 years (May change in the near future with a new citizenship bill currently in progress).

Anything other wise will lead to a civil court case against the Home office of which monetary compensation will be sought. Remember the Home office like to make money not lose it by issuing quick citizenship or compensation to individuals.

"With the economic downtown on the rise has anyone heard the Home Office say they'll be laying people off". Nope cos they're still paying bonuses like mad at the detriment of immigrants who want to come to England by any means necessary.
If they issued citizenship based on how much investments people have most of the residents in Monte Carlo will have become British citizens as well. Even the likes of Madonna and Abramovich despite millions of investment in the UK (and May I say sign Mikel’s weekly cheques) haven't completely cleared this hurdle yet.

Mikel may still have issues after completing the above years as well as he's currently got a Criminal Traffic Conviction from court which will take another 4 years to be declared spent. (It’s wrong morally as it was a mere DUI but like I said the Home Office make money from such conditions)

Please if anyone is selling the idea of fast track British Citizenship to you or anyone you know pls beware!!, HE / SHE'S A FRAUDSTER.

See the www.ukresidents.co.uk forum website for more information on UK immigration. Cheers
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2009
c0274309:

It's obvious many don't have a clue about immigration rules in the UK. You cannot and I repeat "YOU CANNOT" be issued British Citizenship unless you have lived in the UK for 5 years on a Working Permit Visa i.e. Tier 1, HSMP, Work Permit etc and live a further one year on an Indefinite leave to remain Visa and have a clean record irrespective of how much you earn.

Thank you.

But there's no way Roman could get British passport as he does not live in UK.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by WarfyBoy(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2009
make God no let me drink medicine for another person headache

If Mikel like make im apply for Dutch Citizenship, if im like self make im apply for Serbian Citizenship, e no affect me in any way

by the way, whats with this topic, is his family complaining??

i tire for pipo wey kno get work oh
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by nonus: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2009
Now you can find a huge range of intimacy gadgets including: Vibrators, dildos, penis enlargement pumps, max-extenders, premature ejaculation pills, erection enhancers, delay sprays, erectile dysfunction drugs, breast enalrgers, supplements, creams, sex dolls, vibrators, dildos, games, books, and other adult products in Nigeria at Matured Health Intl. 16 Thomas Salako Street, (Suite 3, 2nd floor) Opp. Ogba B/Stop Ogba, Ikeja Ladies:01-7377189, Gentlemen: 08099702750 email: menshealthnigeria@yahoo dot com. Must be 18 and over
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Septuagenarian(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2009
All is well
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by raphy(m): 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2009
mikel go dude.
wazup! d guy dont know were d gaol is since he join chelsea how many
goals have he score he just make money in there then get red card,wht next
next for d guy nobody knows he have to sit down n think of a way of scoring
great goals before takin britsish pasport am not a chelsea fan but mikel seems to b in a hurry for d money.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by omar22(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2009
You lot are as dumb as the paper that wrote the story

Everton's Spanish player Mikel Arteta would be entitled to dual nationalty and because he hasnt played for Spain theirs a strong chance of him playing for England

Oh gosh! people need to hold fire on the swearing on the poor boy!
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by NeroPapas(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2009
Na mumu dey worry Mikel. Make im go now if im go fit bench 'English golden boys' Lampard and Gerrard. smiley
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Phemzy(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2009
Leave Mikel alone, he is confused. He only need a good headed adviser.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by sharpguy1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2009
Leave dis guy alone, i think he knows what his doing.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2009
@sharp guy

Leave dis guy alone, i think he knows what his doing.

You are correct!, who would want Nigerian nationality with all this financial crisis, landlord jacking up rent, fuel marketers have successfully lobbied to get full deregulation so that they can work their cartel to charge at least $2 per litre.
Mikel boy, u do well. there is nothing to being a Nigerian anymore, ahead ahead
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by rich4life: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2009
HEY,all this nigeria, a guy that rose from nottin to somethin, pls give the guy a chance who knows one or two of his family members even people he those not know may be depending on him
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by webprince(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
KAI! I see no reason y dis discussion is causing a lot of arguments. OVER A MERE NEWSPAPER EXTRACT. We all know newspaper is a gossip column. Did anyone hear d rumour from Mikel himself? Haba! leave story jare!

And its obvious since this is a forum where U can hide under false pretence a lot of people that doesnt know immigration rules of common Abidjan are claiming 2 know all about British Immigration Law! o mase o.

My advice is: those that knows and r sure of themselves they know more, U need not comfront d wannabes here, leave them, cos no matter how U want 2 educate them their ego will never allow them 2 admit they r wrong in d first instance. SHIKENAH!

Make we JOLI!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Arteta Is Doing A Great Job" - Arsenal Technical Director, Eduardo César / Sexy Female Appointed Coach Of Men's Football Team / Russia 2018: Nigeria, England Confirm June 2 Wembley Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.