Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? (1539 Views)

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Why Do Some Married Women Cheat? / Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by cilifa: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ever experience trying to reach your wife on phone, either to check on her or for an urgent need and its takes forever for her to pick the phone.

it can be so annoying, have had to get her colleagues and other neighbours number just to help reach her and inform her i need to talk to her.

Is the situation same on your side?

Ladies, any reason for these?
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by tpiadotcom: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
just because someone said somebody did not pick her calls, does not give rise to a need for threads such as these?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by Stillfire: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
Your wife's issue is not a married women trait...
Reasons I can think of...
1) Some people are just not attached to their phones
2) Some just don't want to be bothered by calls...
3) Her job may have a no answering of personal phone policy, but since you mentioned neighbours, scratch that out.
You know your wife. Is she the type that is always on her phone, browsing social media, texting others etc? If she is, the truth is that she simply does not want to be bothered by your calls, because there's no way she wouldn't see your calls.

There are people that even if I'm taking a shower, I'll pick up their calls loll. The others? ...oh dear I would leave it to ring till eternity. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by yatch360: 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
She doesn't think any call is important anymore...after all no more toasters calls expected anymore and if anyone really needs to get to her she may be thinking the person can contact u . lollllll

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by kunlej2: 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
the matter tire me oooooooo, they rather spend their money on gold, beauty whatever and wares than buy airtime.
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Guilty as charged. grin

The phone sometimes dey bottom of the handbag.
By the time you rummage through your orishirishi to get to it, the call don end.
Can't be bothered eh.
If you're important, I'll call you back.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by SAMBARRY: 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
cococandy:
Guilty as charged. grin

By the time you rummage through your orishirishi to get to it, the call don end.
Can't be bothered eh.
Gbam. I experience the same thing. In fact there are some numbers i don't pick and I save such numbers with a danceable song. One number i saved with personally by psquare another one limpopo by kcee and the third one baby pull over so when they call na for me to dance. As a matter of fact i don't mind them running down my battery with calls. The phone will ring to the end of the song so I can dance wink
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by Kimoni: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Guilty as charged cool cool

If it's not an emergency, pls send a text.

I sometimes wish we could go back to the days of landlines only.
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by onegig(m): 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
Most ladies are guilty of that.

Chai...I know I can never use her number as an emergency contact else you don enter one chance.

For the married ones I guess kids and lots of distracting things they have to battle with is one reason. For the single ones the bags they carry is one reason. Most males always have their phones on their body I.e pocket but ladies? Always in the bag.

Op..Just learn to make sure you agree on the things you want her to do before leaving home so the need for important calls would be minimal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by cilifa: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
onegig:
Most ladies are guilty of that.

Chai...I know I can never use her number as an emergency contact else you don enter one chance.

For the married ones I guess kids and lots of distracting things they have to battle with is one reason. For the single ones the bags they carry is one reason. Most males always have their phones on their body I.e pocket but ladies? Always in the bag.

Op..Just learn to make sure you agree on the things you want her to do before leaving home so the need for important calls would be minimal.

Exactly, when its an emergency and you need to call your spouse.
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by teeboo: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2015
I was guilty of that too,wen I had my son,reason is dat any chance I see to sleep I don't joke with it,simply put my phone on silence and sleep b4 my son wakes up,when my husband complains I told him my reasons,so he understand,so a mssg on bbm will do if it's urgent he'll buzz me with ping on bbm d phone will vibrate and i'll respond
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by damiso(f): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Guilty as charged.. embarassed hubby is always saying 'madam they are called mobile phones for a reason ' you use your mobile like a landline.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
I love my phone too much. Everyone complains about it. I don't know why others don't pick their calls.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by bellong: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sometimes when I call my mum, it will take her 48hrs to return the call to tell me she saw a missed call. I usually get to her through my nieces.

For younger women, the handbag is the major cause and most put it on vibration.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by soopamom: 2:41am On Jun 06, 2015
cilifa:
Ever experience trying to reach your wife on phone, either to check on her or for an urgent need and its takes forever for her to pick the phone.

it can be so annoying, have had to get her colleagues and other neighbours number just to help reach her and inform her i need to talk to her.

It is not a married women thing. It is a your wife thing. Maybe she was too busy f***king her boss. Who knows?
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by Olypeppy(f): 3:21am On Jun 06, 2015
if you need something urgent don'tbother calling ma mum...OYO is ur case if u try
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by EfemenaXY: 9:08am On Jun 06, 2015
cilifa:

Your wife not picking your / her calls on time isn't enough yardstick to assume all married women act the same way. However, I too may be guilty of the same thing. smiley

I've had hubby on numerous occasions ring my mobile, then the landline, then our sons' phones just to reach me - even on weekends when I'm home. grin grin

For starters, my phone is always on "silent / viberate" mode. Secondly, I'm not joined at the hip with my phone. If it's nowhere nearby, then I won't hear it, and if I can't hear it, I won't be answering it, will I? cheesy cheesy

Thirdly, it depends on the caller, and what I'm doing at that particular moment. If I'm busy and see my phone ringing, I won't be picking just then. Even if I'm not busy, it depends on who the caller is at that particular time. Are you important enough for me to interrupt / leave whatever it is I might be doing, to answer your call? What mood am I in? Sometimes I'll pick but to say I'll call you back later, or I'll ignore then call you back later.

On the other hand, I could be seriously multitasking in the kitchen - cooking jollof rice, grilling chicken, steaming vegetables, frying plantain, laying the kitchen table, loading the washing machine, dishwasher, tumble dryer, and at the same time trying to keep my three year old toddler from getting up to mischief in the kitchen - and yet, answer the phone to briefly acknowledge your call. cool

So @op, as you can see, it's fairly complex (deciding when and how to answer a call) for us married ladies. Nor vex. grin cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
Guilty as charged. grin

Can't be bothered eh.

that must be a very big handbag ✘
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by Wendy80(f): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:
just because someone said somebody did not pick her calls, does not give rise to a need for threads such as these?

U wey de open thread anyhow de complain too. Hian smiley
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by eripecs(f): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
most times unknown to me, my kids would put it on silent mode.
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by tpiadotcom: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Wendy80:

U wey de open thread anyhow de complain too. Hian smiley

This is different, involves a known political figure.
Re: Why Does It Take Most Married Women Forever To Pick Their Calls? by afamgod(f): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
i'm soo guilty. The reason being attending to many things at the same time. The phone might be in room and i'm in the kitchen, sometimes i take them to the kitchen and forget them there. So many things to metion girey. The world of wives and mothers is soo complex. I no fit to dey carry phone about. Sometimes i get to see missed calls the next day.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Common Questions Fathers Ask Their Daughters' Boyfriends. / Apology And Update Regarding July 2015 Thread ' Paternal Grandmother' / When Your Parents Want You To Walk Fast (picx)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.