Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. (56742 Views)

6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / Common Stds And Their Symptoms And The Best HERBAL Cure In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Ojestas(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
rationalmind:

grin Hope you've been protecting yourself?

I know you've not been abstaining so there's no need asking. cheesy
Lol, i ought to ask u nah! grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by agarawu23(m): 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
StepTwo:
this message na for Agarawu 23 dem....am a monk......wetin concern Monk with STDs.
bro abeg o
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by bastien: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
DIVINE78:

Amen.
amen to dat again
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
ijechikky:
you rememba dat night I came 2yua half room apartment right?
Yea, you told me about the dream.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by kipesco(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
Iceking1:
Hmmmmm, i smell FP but any way let me jst drop dis one here =>

You add him on Facebook. He checks your
pictures. He confirms. He inboxes you. You reply,
all excited. You'll want to hook up . Set a
date. You dress up, smell good, make up on,
fresh breath & new
weave. He takes you for lunch to Primi. You two
have a good
time. He rubs your hand, makes you laugh,gives you a
looks and smiles.You fall
inlove. It's like you've known him forever. He takes you to his
apartment. He makes you feel
comfortable And lays you on his bed. He rubs it gently, kiss you
passionately. Unzip
your jeans, they're too tight but he manages to
take em' off. You love his aggresion, strength,
power &
you give in. It feels good. You know it's wrong, but it feels
good. You ask for protection, he says it's too late.
You obey & don't disturb.
He says he loves you & you don't hesitate to say
you love him too . He pulls out, go to the kitchen
to get a glass of water. He helps you drink it, ohh man.
You feel special. " He must be the one ", you
think to yourself. You'll get dressed. He takes you to the taxi rank &
kisses you on the
cheeck & say " I had a great time, you smile &
say " See you tomorrow babe ".
He stays silent. You drive away, in the taxi you
can't stop smiling. You get home & inbox him
that you got home safe. He is online, but doesn't reply. It's unlike him, so
you inbox him again . He doesn't respond.
Minutes later you can't find him on your friend
list . HE BLOCKED YOU. Days, weeks, months
passes by. You start feeling sick, weak, loose weight, act
strange with sores in your mouth. You go to the clinic. Get tested. Minutes
later, nurse walks in. " I'm sorry. You're HIV Postive". HOW? You don't
understand. Reality hits you. You walk
home. Scared. Confused. You go to the middle of
3rd Mainland Bridge. You lay, hopeless,
emotionless. You see the truck coming nearer . You look into
the sky & pray. BOOM ! That's the end of you. Don't be that girl! Live
wise! Good9t Africa....

People can be ungrateful o. For these things this man write na only two likes orna give am wetin happen.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by sunnedee: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2015
odeku457:

Dont Climb! grin
Thanks for the translation!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by ijechikky(f): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Yea, you told me about the dream.
smh...

Oloshi grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Krisddon: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
@ number 4: so Papilo na name of virus? undecided
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
ijechikky:
smh...
Oloshi grin
Ewu grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by vislabraye(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
rationalmind:
Before I start, I'll have to state that my figures are majorly for heterosexuals. The probabilities are significantly higher for homosexuals. In addition these figures can be significantly higher depending on a number of factors I can't go into now.

1. Gonorrhea- It is estimated that a man has a 20% chance of contracting Gonorrhea after just one sexual encounter while a woman has between 60-80% chance of contracting it

2. Hepatitis: The risk of contracting it in one single sexual encounter is on the low side. It's about 0.3%

3. Syphilis: It is estimated that the risk of contracting syphilis is about 3%.

4. Human papilomavirus (HPV): HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.The probability of contracting it in one sexual encounter is 20%

5. Herpes: This is another common sexually transmitted disease with a very high probability of contracting in one sexual encounter. The estimate is 75% for men and can be as high as 98% for women.

6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would have been HIV positive. cheesy The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%.

NB: Please note that just one encounter can lead to having a particular STD irrespective of how low the probability of contracting it may be. It's therefore imperative one protects his/her self at all times.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

Is this probability dependent on protection or not ? If without using condom and a man stands just 0.04, then it's very very slim. So good to be true...
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by ijechikky(f): 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Ewu grin
Aturu
Maluu
Nama
Dog
Wobbly D*ick tongue tongue
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Just fap it and feel good. Rubbing a few out cleans the pipe. If your balls are empty...... no one night stand,no stds.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by 1stola: 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
ijechikky:

I actually stpd spreadin my legs since d last time I came 2 yua house nd WE did IT cry
Oops!
I'm still a Virgin wink
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by iamsoja(m): 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
Does condom protect one against 'magun'?? grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Slimmos(m): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
visit dis two south African sites and see wonders of live on STDs... Smartsex.com and hiv360.com
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by ACM10: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
This is the height of misinformation. I blame nairaland for promoting falsehood. Any charlatan can cook any crap behind his China phone, then nairaland will push it to homepage.

1 Like

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
ijechikky:

^^^ Side effect of std grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by opedaydydx9(m): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
nellybadas:
A lot of people would read but skin to skin sweetness would still overpower their decisions.
naso one babe wan quickly, insert my raw di*ck, when I dey try grab condom, naso I quickly collect my thing hide am..... Till I get condom... Guys be wise

1 Like

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by imustsaymymindo: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
Jarchi:
I fear herpes than hiv aids
I think Aids is more dangerous. Besides, most sexually active people do have one form of herpes or the other unknown to them.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Koolwilly(m): 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Thanks God I'm a virgin. I'll zip up till wedding night. grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Moheat(m): 10:24pm On Jun 05, 2015
nellybadas:
A lot of people would read but skin to skin sweetness would still overpower their decisions.

But Mehn skin to skin na die
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by ijechikky(f): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
1stola:

Oops!
I'm still a Virgin wink
Liar!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by ijechikky(f): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
AgapeCharis:
^^^ Side effect of std grin
STD I contacted tru u ryt cry
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by 1stola: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2015
ijechikky:
Liar!
Haba! How could you... I'm still keeping myself for... that position wink grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Curvinus(m): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Add genital warts to that list man.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
AnneMomoh:
Abstinence is the Key.

You dont have to worry about such when you "zip up"

How can I adopt abstinence when I have tasted that sweet nectar called sex

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by coolzeal(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2015
Bad luck can be contracted through sexual intercourse too. Some girls get bad luck.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by denedene(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
op thanks for the info but what if the guy is a one minute man. will that reduce the probability?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
grass wey dey sweet goat na I'm dey kill am.

zip up!!!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by klodike(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
It's almost impossible to abstain
Melasam:
Good one! If only pple will regard it n abstain
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by hazvat(f): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
rationalmind:
Before I start, I'll have to state that my figures are majorly for heterosexuals. The probabilities are significantly higher for homosexuals. In addition these figures can be significantly higher depending on a number of factors I can't go into now.

1. Gonorrhea- It is estimated that a man has a 20% chance of contracting Gonorrhea after just one sexual encounter while a woman has between 60-80% chance of contracting it

2. Hepatitis: The risk of contracting it in one single sexual encounter is on the low side. It's about 0.3%

3. Syphilis: It is estimated that the risk of contracting syphilis is about 3%.

4. Human papilomavirus (HPV): HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.The probability of contracting it in one sexual encounter is 20%

5. Herpes: This is another common sexually transmitted disease with a very high probability of contracting in one sexual encounter. The estimate is 75% for men and can be as high as 98% for women.

6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would have been HIV positive. cheesy The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%.

NB: Please note that just one encounter can lead to having a particular STD irrespective of how low the probability of contracting it may be. It's therefore imperative one protects his/her self at all times.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove
7. thunderbolt/ Maagun/ don't climb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years / 6 People With Extra Body Parts / 15lb Hairball Removed From Stomach Of Indian Girl Who Chews Her Hair (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.