Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. (56727 Views)

6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / Common Stds And Their Symptoms And The Best HERBAL Cure In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 7:45am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I've a busy schedule today....My company i throwing a birthday party for all May celebrants.

You can join me.....It shall be all fun.

And then I'll travel to Berlin to give my voice in support to FCB vs Juventus! !!

Owwhhh.
Owkay.
Coool cool
Say me well to Messi and The Celebrants.

Now I feel like eating cakesad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Owwhhh.
Owkay.
Coool cool
Say me well to Messi and The Celebrants.

Now I feel like eating cakesad

I'll reserve some cake for us.....

Messi and his brethren are impatient to lift that trophy once more........
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 7:48am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I'll reserve some cake for us.....

Messi and his brethren are impatient to lift that trophy once more........

Hahahahahaha
I commented on Y arnme f orum that I will deactivate all my online forum accounts of Juve winsgringringringrin

Someone even screenshot the comment
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hahahahahaha
I commented on Y arnme f orum that I will deactivate all my accounts of Juve winsgringringringrin

You need not deactivate cos we're winning this match! I'm too sure of that. ......I'm already getting mildly tensed here. ......
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2015
cheesy
dearpreye:

You need not deactivate cos we're winning this match! I'm too sure of that. ......I'm already getting mildly tensed here. ......

Pele.
Them bad belle EPL people don't want it, but we winning this!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy

Pele.
Them bad belle EPL people don't want it, but we winning this!!!

Their beef is understood. Apart from Chelsea, a lot other teams have received some beating from barca in recent years. .....But even that won't stop the coming celebrations. Another treble in the offing. ....
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by zendy: 8:18am On Jun 06, 2015
Aside from HIV, worst on that list in Herpes because it has no cure. Just like HIV, a person, especially women, can carry Herpes for years without knowing, meanwhile they are spreading it. I pity anyone who is having unprotected sex with multiple partners.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 8:19am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Their beef is understood. Apart from Chelsea, a lot other teams have received some beating from barca in recent years. .....But even that won't stop the coming celebrations. Another treble in the offing. ....

Yes o!
Barca is the club of the most high! cool
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by acxlers2014(m): 9:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Jarchi:
I fear herpes than hiv aids
while it is highly contractable than Hiv the good thing is that it is easily treated though it still remains latent in the body and could recur at any time.especially when there is an immunocompromised state.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2015
OP, when and how did you carry out survey(s) from which you made these assertions? What's the source(s) of these claims of yours?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
That of HIV appears to be a lie. Are you saying that the sperm don't always contain HIV? How comes the percentage is low?
Are you talking about protected sex or unprotected sex?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
rationalmind:
Before I start, I'll have to state that my figures are majorly for heterosexuals. The probabilities are significantly higher for homosexuals. In addition these figures can be significantly higher depending on a number of factors I can't go into now.

1. Gonorrhea- It is estimated that a man has a 20% chance of contracting Gonorrhea after just one sexual encounter while a woman has between 60-80% chance of contracting it

2. Hepatitis: The risk of contracting it in one single sexual encounter is on the low side. It's about 0.3%

3. Syphilis: It is estimated that the risk of contracting syphilis is about 3%.

4. Human papilomavirus (HPV): HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.The probability of contracting it in one sexual encounter is 20%

5. Herpes: This is another common sexually transmitted disease with a very high probability of contracting in one sexual encounter. The estimate is 75% for men and can be as high as 98% for women.

6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would ave been HIV positive. cheesy The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%.

NB: Please note that just one encounter can lead to having a particular STD irrespective of how low the probability of contracting it may be. It's therefore imperative one protects his/her self at all times.
That of HIV appears to be a lie. Are you saying that the sperm don't always contain HIV? How comes the percentage is low?

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove
b
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by SeverusSnape(m): 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

You to? I laugh! Haha haha
Yeah. I'm serious.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
dapipson:

I would have ignored you as I've ignored those, who rather than do an independent study, label the thread a lie.

Why do you have a phone and an Internet connection? Why can't you check the figures yourself?

Though I admit there's a little mistake in the figure, it's actually 0.08 from female to male and 0.04 from male to female. I wanted to edit but before I could, it was already on frontpage. That however doesn't make my figures false.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Melasam(f): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
klodike:
It's almost impossible to abstain
almost! Nt completely impossible
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

I would have ignored you as I've ignored those, who rather than do an independent study, label the thread a lie.

Why do you have a phone and an Internet connection? Why can't you check the figures yourself?

Though I admit there's a little mistake in the figure, it's actually 0.08 from female to male and 0.04 from male to female. I wanted to edit but before I could, it was already on frontpage. That however doesn't make my figures false.
Thanks for your attention. I don't have problem with the figures but with the percentage given on HIV, it clearly shows that the chance of contracting the disease through sex is minimal. my question is ; is it that the fluids we do exchange during sex don't always have the virus? Why is it that the chance is less? i seems not agree with that one. I wish I can get some explanations on that.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 07, 2015
dapipson:
Thanks for your attention. I don't have problem with the figures but with the percentage given on HIV, it clearly shows that the chance of contracting the disease through sex is minimal. my question is ; is it that the fluids we do exchange during sex don't always have the virus? Why is it that the chance is less? i seems not agree with that one. I wish I can get some explanations on that.

Several factors can be responsible. Sperm cells don't contain HIV. It's seminal fluid that does. In addition, the virus has to be sufficient enough for transmission to occur. Low quantities of the virus present in semen may not cause transmission. That explains why those with high viral load can easily transmit it. The duration of the sex also matters.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Harkynkunle(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

Several factors can be responsible. Sperm cells don't contain HIV. It's seminal fluid that does. In addition, the virus has to be sufficient enough for transmission to occur. Low quantities of the virus present in semen may not cause transmission. That explains why those with high viral load can easily transmit it. The duration of the sex also matters.
Interesting piece... what do u think is world's most accepted window period for HIV.... I mean how long it will take for it to show up in test...with d use of rapid test.... Regards#
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

wow! this is amazing. But the sperm cells and the seminal fluids move together. "the virus has to be sufficient enough for transmission to occur. Low quantities of the virus present in semen may not cause transmission" ?? the low quantity that has been released, where will it go since it doesn't depend on the presence of others to survive but on human blood. This knowledge calls for more research on my part. Thanks for the information.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Harkynkunle:

Interesting piece... what do u think is world's most accepted window period for HIV.... I mean how long it will take for it to show up in test...with d use of rapid test.... Regards#

Three months is the widely accepted window period.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Harkynkunle(m): 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

Thanks bro..... But some policy claim It's 6 months... what about that...?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Harkynkunle(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

Thanks bro.... Thanks bro... But some says It's 6months... what about that...?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
rationalmind:

wow! this is amazing. But the sperm cells and the seminal fluids move together. "the virus has to be sufficient enough for transmission to occur. Low quantities of the virus present in semen may not cause transmission" ?? the low quantity that has been released, where will it go since it doesn't depend on the presence of others to survive but on human blood. This knowledge calls for more research on my part. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Jj222(f): 1:59am On Jun 08, 2015
Iceking1:
Hmmmmm, i smell FP but any way let me jst drop dis one here =>

You add him on Facebook. He checks your
pictures. He confirms. He inboxes you. You reply,
all excited. You'll want to hook up . Set a
date. You dress up, smell good, make up on,
fresh breath & new
weave. He takes you for lunch to Primi. You two
have a good
time. He rubs your hand, makes you laugh,gives you a
looks and smiles.You fall
inlove. It's like you've known him forever. He takes you to his
apartment. He makes you feel
comfortable And lays you on his bed. He rubs it gently, kiss you
passionately. Unzip
your jeans, they're too tight but he manages to
take em' off. You love his aggresion, strength,
power &
you give in. It feels good. You know it's wrong, but it feels
good. You ask for protection, he says it's too late.
You obey & don't disturb.
He says he loves you & you don't hesitate to say
you love him too . He pulls out, go to the kitchen
to get a glass of water. He helps you drink it, ohh man.
You feel special. " He must be the one ", you
think to yourself. You'll get dressed. He takes you to the taxi rank &
kisses you on the
cheeck & say " I had a great time, you smile &
say " See you tomorrow babe ".
He stays silent. You drive away, in the taxi you
can't stop smiling. You get home & inbox him
that you got home safe. He is online, but doesn't reply. It's unlike him, so
you inbox him again . He doesn't respond.
Minutes later you can't find him on your friend
list . HE BLOCKED YOU. Days, weeks, months
passes by. You start feeling sick, weak, loose weight, act
strange with sores in your mouth. You go to the clinic. Get tested. Minutes
later, nurse walks in. " I'm sorry. You're HIV Postive". HOW? You don't
understand. Reality hits you. You walk
home. Scared. Confused. You go to the middle of
3rd Mainland Bridge. You lay, hopeless,
emotionless. You see the truck coming nearer . You look into
the sky & pray. BOOM ! That's the end of you. Don't be that girl! Live
wise! Good9t Africa....
wow this is good; pls tell them .
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
rationalmind:

www.naijainformation.com/2015/01/gionee-pioneer-p6-price-full-features.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years / 6 People With Extra Body Parts / 15lb Hairball Removed From Stomach Of Indian Girl Who Chews Her Hair (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.