Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. (56748 Views)

6 Most Commonly Abused Drugs In Africa / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One / Common Stds And Their Symptoms And The Best HERBAL Cure In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by kells77(m): 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
AnneMomoh:
Abstinence is the Key.

You dont have to worry about such when you "zip up"
na zo e easy to zip up?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Expsbterror(m): 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
rationalmind:
Before I start, I'll have to state that my figures are majorly for heterosexuals. The probabilities are significantly higher for homosexuals. In addition these figures can be significantly higher depending on a number of factors I can't go into now.

1. Gonorrhea- It is estimated that a man has a 20% chance of contracting Gonorrhea after just one sexual encounter while a woman has between 60-80% chance of contracting it

2. Hepatitis: The risk of contracting it in one single sexual encounter is on the low side. It's about 0.3%

3. Syphilis: It is estimated that the risk of contracting syphilis is about 3%.

4. Human papilomavirus (HPV): HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases.The probability of contracting it in one sexual encounter is 20%

5. Herpes: This is another common sexually transmitted disease with a very high probability of contracting in one sexual encounter. The estimate is 75% for men and can be as high as 98% for women.

6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would have been HIV positive. cheesy The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%.

NB: Please note that just one encounter can lead to having a particular STD irrespective of how low the probability of contracting it may be. It's therefore imperative one protects his/her self at all times.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove

You have skipped the greatest MAGUN
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Expsbterror(m): 11:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
MAGUN
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Jaydee009: 12:06am On Jun 06, 2015
smileyLooking at the values for HIV, all I can say is Allahu akbar grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Bamz(m): 12:44am On Jun 06, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Knife?

kiss my new crush
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Bamz(m): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2015
LOL I may have problems, STDs ain't one of them.

We humans complicate life for ourselves most of the time. Don't fornicate, cheat et al... it just seems the whole essence of getting statutes to rule the way we behave is to actually break them.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by saintfizzo(m): 12:57am On Jun 06, 2015
AnneMomoh:
Abstinence is the Key.

"Zip up" is not an option joor.... what do U do when konji calls?
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by SisterCaro(m): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2015
mustydeen:
hey angry , Y are you stalking me angry
with your ugliness you shouldnt be displaying this much arrogance
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by baby124: 2:11am On Jun 06, 2015
You can catch all of them by simply rubbing your prick or pussy on the other person for one second sef. Always use condom before you come close to anyone or even let anyone come close to you. You can also contract all of the above from MouthAction. Including cancer sef. Trust no one till you marry. And make sure you use condom if a spouse is cheating. Except you got married to your killer, and you don't mind early death. No one has the right to take your life away without your permission, especially in marriage. Young ones, stay safe and use condom always, don't go near anyone without condom. You can also do without MouthAction till you marry

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by temifisayo(f): 2:56am On Jun 06, 2015
are those Nigerian stats or American.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by igogo2015: 3:16am On Jun 06, 2015
ABC is the best option...
A: abtinence from sexual intercourse
B: be faithful to your partner
C: constant and consistent use of condom.

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by AreaFada2: 5:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Jaydee009:
smileyLooking at the values for HIV, all I can say is Allahu akbar grin
God is great for sure.

However, as small as it is, it can be got from a single act. Someone with cuts and bruises in their private member has a higher risk. cheesy
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2015
I need nor worry over these. I'm still a virgin grin grin grin grin
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by SeverusSnape(m): 5:53am On Jun 06, 2015
kipesco:

People can be ungrateful o. For these things this man write na only two likes orna give am wetin happen.
Go check how many he has now.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by eromoko: 5:58am On Jun 06, 2015
What is the cuse of all these. Lets share the cure
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:
I need nor worry over these. I'm still a virgin grin grin grin grin
Sire, I'm sorry; But I don't believe you. grin

As for me...

cool cool

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Sire, I'm sorry; But I don't believe you. grin

As for me...

cool cool

You need not doubt or believe it! I'm still a virgin!

I tell you!

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:15am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I tell you!
Okay Boss. Me too...
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Okay Boss. Me too...

You to? I laugh! Haha haha
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by mustydeen(m): 6:40am On Jun 06, 2015
undecided What is this one saying

SisterCaro:
with your ugliness you shouldnt be displaying this much arrogance
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I tell you!

shocked shocked
Then I've never been borngrin

Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by cochexky: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
AnneMomoh:
Abstinence is the Key.

u wicked oo , why you go reason like that ? Abeg no talk impossible thing joor. grin shocked
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

shocked shocked
Then I've never been borngrin

Have faith, my lady!

In this era of numerous and almost incurable diseases, I'll still keep my virginity! Innocence is peace.
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by cochexky: 7:07am On Jun 06, 2015
6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would have been HIV positive. The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%. ,, Hahahahaha na only here sweet me oo . I been the fear since oo but now I know the probability I low hahahahaha I fit change my Name to ( NIGGA RAW) lol don't follow me oo
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by cochexky: 7:07am On Jun 06, 2015
6. HIV: I know many of you would have been expecting this. Surprisingly, it has the least probability of transmission. Were it not for the low probability of transmission, majority of us would have been HIV positive. The estimated probability of transmission from male to female is 0.08% while that of female to male transmission is 0.04%. ,,

Hahahahaha na only here sweet me oo .
I been the fear since oo but now I know the probability I low hahahahaha I fit change my Name to ( NIGGA RAW) lol don't follow me oo
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Have faith, my lady!

In this era of numerous and almost incurable diseases, I'll still keep my virginity! Innocence is peace.

But you are married nagrin
Do married people still maintain Vajaaynitycheesy
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

But you are married nagrin
Do married people still maintain Vajaaynitycheesy

All things are possible na! !! ....
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

All things are possible na! !! ....

Yes!
Yes!

You correct!grin

Especially on Saturdayssmiley
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes!
Yes!

You correct!grin

Especially on Saturdayssmiley

I agree!

Especially on Saturdays! !!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by MizMyColi(f): 7:29am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:

I agree!

Especially on Saturdays! !!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

I've a busy schedule today....My company i throwing a birthday party for all May celebrants.

You can join me.....It shall be all fun.

And then I'll travel to Berlin to give my voice in support to FCB vs Juventus! !!
Re: Probability Of Contracting 6 Most Common Stds In One Sexual Encounter. by kroosx: 7:35am On Jun 06, 2015
Iceking1:
Hmmmmm, i smell FP but any way let me jst drop dis one here =>

You add him on Facebook. He checks your
pictures. He confirms. He inboxes you. You reply,
all excited. You'll want to hook up . Set a
date. You dress up, smell good, make up on,
fresh breath & new
weave. He takes you for lunch to Primi. You two
have a good
time. He rubs your hand, makes you laugh,gives you a
looks and smiles.You fall
inlove. It's like you've known him forever. He takes you to his
apartment. He makes you feel
comfortable And lays you on his bed. He rubs it gently, kiss you
passionately. Unzip
your jeans, they're too tight but he manages to
take em' off. You love his aggresion, strength,
power &
you give in. It feels good. You know it's wrong, but it feels
good. You ask for protection, he says it's too late.
You obey & don't disturb.
He says he loves you & you don't hesitate to say
you love him too . He pulls out, go to the kitchen
to get a glass of water. He helps you drink it, ohh man.
You feel special. " He must be the one ", you
think to yourself. You'll get dressed. He takes you to the taxi rank &
kisses you on the
cheeck & say " I had a great time, you smile &
say " See you tomorrow babe ".
He stays silent. You drive away, in the taxi you
can't stop smiling. You get home & inbox him
that you got home safe. He is online, but doesn't reply. It's unlike him, so
you inbox him again . He doesn't respond.
Minutes later you can't find him on your friend
list . HE BLOCKED YOU. Days, weeks, months
passes by. You start feeling sick, weak, loose weight, act
strange with sores in your mouth. You go to the clinic. Get tested. Minutes
later, nurse walks in. " I'm sorry. You're HIV Postive". HOW? You don't
understand. Reality hits you. You walk
home. Scared. Confused. You go to the middle of
3rd Mainland Bridge. You lay, hopeless,
emotionless. You see the truck coming nearer . You look into
the sky & pray. BOOM ! That's the end of you. Don't be that girl! Live
wise! Good9t Africa....

Scissors Removed From Stomach Of Sierra Leonean Lady After 7 Years / 6 People With Extra Body Parts / 15lb Hairball Removed From Stomach Of Indian Girl Who Chews Her Hair (Graphic)