Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? (27422 Views)

Is The Father Regarded As The Head Of The Home In This Age / Someone Should Help Solve This Age Long Riddle / Is This An Appropriate Dressing At This Age? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by excellentmomma(f): 9:38am On Jun 06, 2015
superior1:
He may not eat the fattest but he will definitely have his bone ration.

Patience is still a virtue, lack of it has got destiny ruined.

Await your time.

You have a life example in President Buhari

Buhari's example doesn't apply here, his is persistence and doggedness.
He didn't wait, he fought grin
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by emmaokw(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2015
The patient dog will die of hunger
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:
'A Patient Dog eats the fattest bone'?

In my opinion, I think their is no patient in life again, expecially, this age that everything is all about race. You don't just sit around and wait for things happen do u?

Please I need radical comments and cynical minds.
. "I think there is no patience in life again"....not "i think "their" is no "patient"...though patient seems to be right,but it's safer to use patience and avoid criticism
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Omotayor123(f): 9:43am On Jun 06, 2015
The adage is not relevant at all times
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

In my opinion, I think their is no patient in life again, expecially, this age that everything is all about race. You don't just sit around and wait for things happen do u?

It does not work again in fact that why the patient does eat the BONES when all the fast dogs have eaten the MEAT
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2015
Why wait for bone, when you can hunt for meat!
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by bmsteady(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2015
Heaven helps those who help themselves. Definitely we needs to help ourselves by doing something meaningful
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Spells(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2015
It doesn't work, as a matter of fact a patient dog is gonna die of hunger. *facts*reality... Thumbs up to all realist out dere.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by upsonn(m): 9:47am On Jun 06, 2015
The greatest assassins of dreams is haste, the desire to reach things before the right time..

The moderns mans dream is having what he want right now without having to go through inconvenience to get it. Pple are alwas looking out for painless shortcuts and cheap discount to the price of success. Those who succeed are not those whose bed of roses have no thorns. They succeeded because they perserved. They succeeded because they remembered to add the ingredients of patience.

A dutch proverbs says ; handfull of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains. Any worthwhile project requires considerable time between planting and harvest. You cannot hurry the harvest. You can't sow and reap the same day.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by 9jatatafo(m): 9:48am On Jun 06, 2015
It is still very very relevant today unless you living your life on the fast lane.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Dannidom(m): 9:52am On Jun 06, 2015
Yustash001:
It still applies....that's why they say ''eegun to koko jo....iran ni yoo wo gbeyin..(the masquerade that dances first will watch others dancing in the end)....
Omo that makes no sense joor... Anyhow the masquerades go still watch themselves dance whether first or last
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 06, 2015
CrazyScientist:
He ate the fattest bone because....
The fast dogs ate the fattest meat and left the bone for him grin
@CrazyScientist you won't kill me, lol. Dogs are renowned with bones and not meat. The hasty man eats the meat, throws the bones away then comes the dog that waited patiently while others left to their fate, who knows, preamble in quest of sexual satisfaction. Patience is golden. An old adage has it that ' one who always act in a haste ends up with basketfull of blames and regrets. Most adages are not always applicable in certain cases. Take for instance, a doctor will be fast to save life will the client a patient will wait to be administered. This brings us to another topic. Why are sick people called patients?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2015
superior1:
He may not eat the fattest but he will definitely have his bone ration.

Patience is still a virtue, lack of it has got destiny ruined.

Await your time.

You have a life example in President Buhari
God bless you ...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by ndigbo: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2015
Wizzz:
It still works, depending on what you're waiting for. E.g a good husband.

But even at that, our dear runs girls still marry the rich men Omoh this adage no dey work again. angry

A good husband is never same as rich men
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by yorubaboiy: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Wizzz:
It still works, depending on what you're waiting for. E.g a good husband.

But even at that, our dear runs girls still marry the rich men. Omoh this adage no dey work again. angry
BUT THE PATIENT ONES MADE THE RICH MEN
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by peeparty(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2015
in some cases it does apply
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by ESMANIA1476(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2015
A patient dog meets no bone to eat and might starve to death grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

Like most adages, it doesn't apply everytime

There are some situations where its best to be patient, and some situations where one has to act swift, which is similar to this proverb

" a wise man knows when to fight and when to run"
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by pasun504(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2015
kiss ur idea about age and race is just the literal meaning as no perversion can counter the rule of nature
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by amanze15(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2015
Still every green.....
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by hamilton62(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

My dear, because the world is morally decaying does it justify the decay? NO!
Even the bible said that patient is a virtue and it is one of the gifts of the spirit.... Time and chance happeneth to them all is a word from the bible... But this doesn't justify you not to do the needful in sincerity if you find yourself in a retarding state of life but after the work you need to wait (patient) for your efforts to be crowned by God who is nature.
Everyone needs patient because the going must be tough someday and only then you will stand firmly on the right track or deviate from the wrong to the right.
There is nothing wrong with the oldie but a lot is wrong in the life of the present individuals in this...
Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Originalsly: 10:53am On Jun 06, 2015
[/b]"A patient dog eats the fattest bone"[b]....or do you really mean [/b]"Good things come to those who wait"[b]?
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Let me cite examples.

A salary earner needs patience till month's end to get his/her salary. You for rush go collect am now before month's end. Na sack letter you go get.
A building needs patience to be built. Everything done at the right time. Rush build am. Like Synagogue, your house will fall and kill you (no insults intended).
You need speed to think, but patience to plan. Speed to catch a new babe but patience to maintain a relationship. Speed to go to the market to purchase stuff but patience to do business even with a smart mind.
There is time for everything. Speed and Patience go side by side. Just know when to apply either...
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2015
After the greedy dog has eaten the meat and throw the bone to the patient dog who is waiting..
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Marcsolo1(m): 11:01am On Jun 06, 2015
Most adage are no longer applicable e.g "A MAN WHO RUNS FROM A FIGHT TENDS TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY"...Dats no longer applicable because if u look at the likes of Chelsea and MayWeather then u know what am talking about
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2015
Another thing.

Impatience has caused more road accidents, unwanted pregnancies, deaths, poverty, arrests and evils.

REMEMBER JANUARY 27TH BOMB BLAST

Impatience to find out where the problem was led lots of Nigerians to their untimely deaths in the waters at Pako, Isolo.

Our beloved Paul Walker died in a car accident. According to news I heard, he was driving at high speed. May God rest his soul...

The fires that gutted part of Isheri-Idimu area of Lagos state early this morning was caused by over speeding of the tanker driver, according to eyewitnesses. It crashed into a building and caught fire.

There's nothing wrong in Speed but use Wisdom while speeding.

PATIENCE.

Most people on here actually are not talking about Patience but Laziness. People confuse Patience for Laziness, Procrastination and Nonchalance.

Patience isn't stupid. It's got wisdom, it knows when and how to act. Watch a cat catch a rat. The cat knows when to ponce and catch the disturbing mice. Even the spider is patient, waiting and moving slowly before catching the juicy fly.

Like I've always said, apply wisdom while speeding or being patient

I don too write sef. Na WAEC? grin
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by morereb10: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2015
cc lalasticlala

100 kposa for my able mod
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by julybaba(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2015
CrazyScientist:
He ate the fattest bone because....

The fast dogs ate the fattest meat and left the bone for him grin
How can the fattest meat still have the fattest bone?
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2015
Laredojohn:

Yes ooo delay is dangerous....the patience dog will likely eat no bone...delay is procrastination
Oga how far na? I just received those stuffs you helped me to procure. Expect my call-i will be making more orders. Your service is top notch. We in Enugu appreciate the good work. Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by julybaba(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Patience is a great virtue. Patience means: (1.) Thinking and reasoning before acting (2.) Looking at the future prospect of any action,investment or even relationship before jumping into it. (3.)Delayed Gratification. Even if, you are smart and quick, you need patience to avoid future palaver.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

A patient dog eats the left over of the fastest dog. This is for the new century.
Re: What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2015
morereb10:

Yes, the quote is true. The patient dog eats the fattest bone BECAUSE the fastest dog has eaten up all the flesh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures / Is This The Secret Bleaching Cream? / "Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.