Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air (25432 Views)

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Bolosiye: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
softnipples:
Praise be to God!

Who else thinks buhari should just resign? grin
i agree with u softnipple. Jesssssz did i just mention softnipples, pics or i dont believe
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Tylenol: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hmm. Same thing happened to me on board Aero from Lagos to Abuja just a few weeks before the Dana Air crash.

About 20 minutes into the flight, there was a light bang. Thought I was the only person that heard it as everyone seemed normal. Less than a minute later, Captain screamed an announcement. The only thing I heard was "cabin crew..." The rest was muffled. Cabin crew that were busy selling that their yeye skysnax ran down the aisles. Next thing, oxygen masks dropped and we lost altitude. It was like a roller coaster on a downward trajectory.

I was like "this is it!" People were screaming and shouting. It was so surreal. Oxygen masks were not functional and the elastic straps had turned inelastic such that one had to hold the mask in place. Some didn't even have elastic straps. It didn't matter anyways, as there was no oxygen.

We dropped from about 30,000 feet to 7,000 in the space of 3 minutes. Captain finally announced that we would be going back to Lagos maintaining that 7,000 feet altitude.

By the grace of God, we were back in Lagos like 35 minutes later. On the runway, the plane died. As in engines shut off, lights out. We had to wait for ground crew to come to our aid.

I was so sure I was going to die that day. Guess it was not my time to go.

1 Like

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by jamillion: 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
Few amongst many has survived dis tragic moment, only the appointed time one will die. Allhamdullilah...
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by uyplus(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
B737NG:
Here we go again, the alarmist tendencies of
the Nigerian media combined with the
hysterical demeanour of the average nigerian
air passenger(when something goes wrong) and you have an overstated
incident.

A cabin depressurisation is no where near a
near death experience; oxygen masks will
drop automatically once the cabin altitude
exceeds 14000ft so that passengers can
breath, the pilot immediately commences an
emergency descent to at least 10,000ft (which explains the sudden loss of altitude)
where passengers can breath without oxygen
masks and then he proceeds to land at the
nearest suitable airport as soon as possible.
End of story

@B737NG, I will like your candid advice. I'd like to pursue a career in piloting soon. I'm 29yrs old, I'm a pharmacist, and I'm based in Abuja. Pls send me an SMS 07058074087.
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Adezy1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
AGgal:
I can only imagine the look on the faces of the passengers!

Passengers be like *Na die we dey*

O boy e no go dey funny o
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Kingsasian(m): 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hahahahahahaha. But this incident funny sha. Anyway thank God for safe landing.
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by kuchikau: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Blame the illiterate president..the duara born dullard who is bent on seeing the blood of nigerians..
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by kuchikau: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
It seems blood letting is buharis hobby...illiterate president
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by kuchikau: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
I miss GEJ
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by kuchikau: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
I miss GEJ...
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
One of my course mate was on that plane, thank God for their safety
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
GogetterMD:

I am not attacking Aero, the question is directed to all airline carriers and regulatory bodies. I fly Aero too,just that I fly Dana more often

Bros pls stop flying dana... i dont mean to spoil their biz.. But dana is really bad (ex insider report)... You want a truly standard airline with the best ratings to aviation staff and NCAA, Aero is your best bet, then arik... Not an aero staff btw
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by seunfape(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
d plane body fine like Obama but d engine na Jonathan.fly on the sky,u are on your own for me am always on d road.
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by tsdarkside(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
hehehe...buhari is working...we have to start caring about each other again...even our elite-pilots are feeling the wind of change,..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by Toks2008(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
GogetterMD:
Hmmmm. Aero. Does routine technical and mechanical inspection happen before every flight?

After watching aircraft confidential on discovery channel i have come to realize that no aircraft is safe even a brand new plane can crash.

Amytime you board a plane just pray foor safe journey at the same time prepare to meet your God.

1 Like

Re: Over 120 Escape Death As Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air by OfficialIYANU(m): 1:18am On Jun 07, 2015
Tylenol:
Hmm. Same thing happened to me on board Aero from Lagos to Abuja just a few weeks before the Dana Air crash.

About 20 minutes into the flight, there was a light bang. Thought I was the only person that heard it as everyone seemed normal. Less than a minute later, Captain screamed an announcement. The only thing I heard was "cabin crew..." The rest was muffled. Cabin crew that were busy selling that their yeye skysnax ran down the aisles. Next thing, oxygen masks dropped and we lost altitude. It was like a roller coaster on a downward trajectory.

I was like "this is it!" People were screaming and shouting. It was so surreal. Oxygen masks were not functional and the elastic straps had turned inelastic such that one had to hold the mask in place. Some didn't even have elastic straps. It didn't matter anyways, as there was no oxygen.

We dropped from about 30,000 feet to 7,000 in the space of 3 minutes. Captain finally announced that we would be going back to Lagos maintaining that 7,000 feet altitude.

By the grace of God, we were back in Lagos like 35 minutes later. On the runway, the plane died. As in engines shut off, lights out. We had to wait for ground crew to come to our aid.

I was so sure I was going to die that day. Guess it was not my time to go.

Old Age! I do not understand why a standardized airline like AERO will still be operating an a/c 20 years old plus!

I thank God for you bro... had similar experience with Associated airline. All my hair was standing, people were shouting and I thought it was over. Months later, the same airplane crashed with the body of the ex-governor and same pilot - Capt. Mohammed.

Lord help us in this country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Avoid Lokoja-Obajana Road If You Don't Want To Sleep On The Road For 3 Days / Lagos: Skytran To Build 40km Hyperloop Track / Pictures From Dana Air Inaugural Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.