Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships (1416 Views)

Stuck In Unhealthy Relationship / Igbo Girls Stay Away From Yoruba Guys / 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
No woman should endure any form of maltreatment from any guy.

It is sad when you find a beautiful young lady with potentials clinging to a guy who treats her badly, even hits her and feels good about it.

They give you so many reasons why they cannot leave him. Here are some sad reasons.

1. Fear: Most ladies hang on to unhealthy relationships because they are afraid of the future. They do not see any life outside being with the guy.

2. Loneliness: Most girls dread being lonely. They rather be with someone, than stay single.

3. Sympathy: Women, being nurturers tend to get convinced when the guy appeals to their motherly side.

4. Emotional and material investment: Ladies tend to hold on to unhealthy relationships, because they feel they are the ones to lose out. They begin to calculate the “body,” financial, emotional investments they have made.

5. Pressure: Sometimes, family and peer pressure make them hang on .

6. Hope: Sadly, most ladies in unhealthy relationships actually hope the guy will change.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by mekstaniac(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
FTC?
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
True. buh that guy isn't the only guy in the world.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by XavierBlue(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
When he is true with you, my dear your life and pvssy will never be the same again.

XavierBlue
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by buygala(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
7- the money.... Ask Lara Oshiomohle lipsrsealed

8- the Dicck.... Ask Rihanna why she found it hard leaving Chris Brown.... A girl who has found the best Dicck ever, will almost always find excuses to stay put in that relationship, no matter how toxic it is embarassed...... Seeing how female orgasms these days are as scarce as teeth in the mouth of a 110 year-old woman, I kinda understand their predicament embarassed

9- Choice... Funny as it may sound, some girls enjoy being beaten, shouted at, and generally treated like slime.. I guess it's some kind of Pseudo-sadomasochism.... These kind of girls might die of depression in a sane relationship embarassed
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
EroticAngelina:
True. buh that guy isn't the only guy in the world.

A lady who refuses to opt out of an abusive relationship is only encouraging the guy the more to continue with his acts. Not sure why you will receive constant slaps and blows from someone and you will still see him as your messiah...which kind love be dat
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by basholodan(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
Booked sad sad sad
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
basholodan:
Booked sad sad sad
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by tofy: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
[quote author=lolaxavier post=34489215]No woman should endure any form of maltreatment from any guy.

It is sad when you find a beautiful young lady with potentials clinging to a guy who treats her badly, even hits her and feels good about it.

They give you so many reasons why they cannot leave him. Here are some sad reasons.

1. Fear: Most ladies hang on to unhealthy relationships because they are afraid of the future. They do not see any life outside being with the guy.

2. Loneliness: Most girls dread being lonely. They rather be with someone, than stay single.

3. Sympathy: Women, being nurturers tend to get convinced when the guy appeals to their motherly side.

4. Emotional and material investment: Ladies tend to hold on to unhealthy relationships, because they feel they are the ones to lose out. They begin to calculate the “body,” financial, emotional investments they have made.

5. Pressure: Sometimes, family and peer pressure make them hang on .

6. Hope: Sadly, most ladies in unhealthy relationships actually hope the guy will change.

Your points are very correct
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by czarr(m): 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
....emotionally hooked. good or bad emotions. still emotions, still bond them.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Adaeze003(f): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Money...

Low self esteem...

Lack of parental guidance or love...

And yea choice...
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by KoredeBellosMum(f): 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
lies, lies and more lies lies, lies and more lies
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Adaeze003:
Money...

Low self esteem...

And yea choice...
such girls don't know they have the power to make the guy do silly things after they dump him.

Silly Things Guys Do After They Get Dumped By A Pretty Girl
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
KoredeBellosMum:
lies, lies and more lies lies, lies and more lies
truth,truth and more truth.truth,truth and more truth
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Adaeze003:
Money...

Low self esteem...

And yea choice...

Also very true...
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Aitee1: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
buygala:
7- the money.... Ask Lara Oshiomohle lipsrsealed

8- the Dicck.... Ask Rihanna why she found it hard leaving Chris Brown.... A girl who has found the best Dicck ever, will almost always find excuses to stay put in that relationship, no matter how toxic it is embarassed...... Seeing how female orgasms these days are as scarce as teeth in the mouth of a 110 year-old woman, I kinda understand their predicament embarassed

9- Choice... Funny as it may sound, some girls enjoy being beaten, shouted at, and generally treated like slime.. I guess it's some kind of Pseudo-sadomasochism.... These kind of girls might die of depression in a sane relationship embarassed

You again

Why have you derailed from your gala selling to the bashing crew angry angry

@topic it pays to be focused and have a choice in life.
I don't belong to the "I must have a boyfriend crew" if I'm not averagely satisfied in a relationship I'm off, sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wing.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by grad2012(f): 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
i think the fear of loneliness is 90 % reason why dey stay in such relationship.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by lolaxavier(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:

sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wing.

Not so sure if this your quote applies in this case ooo.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by buygala(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:

You again

Why have you derailed from your gala selling to the bashing crew angry angry

@topic it pays to be focused and have a choice in life.
I don't belong to the "I must have a boyfriend crew" if I'm not averagely satisfied in a relationship I'm off, sometimes those who fly solo have the strongest wing.

Don't blame me

I just like looking at things from an up-side-down perspective smiley
Re: 6 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Girls Stay In Unhealthy Relationships by Enegod(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
The grass might not be greener on the other side.

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Woman's Beauty Without Make Up / 81 Year Old Man Arrested For Having Sex With The Bush In His Own Back Yard :( / GENDER SWITCH Today We Are Going To Switch Genders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.