Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich (8856 Views)

EFCC, Army Discover Vehicle With Money In 'Ghana Must Go' Bags In Abuja / An Igbo Friend Of Mine Unfriend His Fellow Igbo Guy Cos Of Biafra Issue / Bala Mohammed Jnr's very Rich Garage. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
I saw this story online, read it, told my peeps around me... come see argument.
So I brought it here. What do you think??

Ada Okeke shared her true life story online… My
people, I need your advice… I am the one involved!
My cousin (male) came home last Christmas
looking for a wife, I told him about my girlfriend and
we agreed to invite her over so that he can see her.
At last he liked her, collected her phone number
from me, though I told her before doing that.
But here is the deal between me and him, he made
it clear to me never to disclose what he does for a
living to her now, but rather I should tell her he is a
security man living in Mushin… ( note: he is a rich
business man but he is afraid to disclose his
identity now, because according to him, he is
looking for a lady that will love him for whom he is
and not for what he is)…
They met, he told her the same thing, after
everything she came to me to know whether it’s
true, I told her yes… But she should give him a
chance, and try to know him very well… She told
me she wasn’t interested, not ready for marriage
yet, I tried all my best to convince her but to no
avail, I let go!
Later he found another lady, paid her bride price
last February, they are planning for their traditional
marriage soon..
Now, I don’t know how my girlfriend ran into him
and discovered he is a rich business guy… She
called me yesterday afternoon and gave me the
insult of my life. Her reason is that I shouldn’t have
lied to her in the first place, knowing fully well we
are friends… that a friend is not supposed to lie to a
friend… Her sisters called me and told me the same
thing. But when I tried to explain things, they hung
the phone on me..
I am planning to go over to their place today to
explain things to her sisters and apologize too, but
my own sisters are still with the opinion that I did
nothing wrong..
What do you think? Did I do the right or the wrong
thing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by mikolo80: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
You're a mumu if you go and apologise

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by DickDastardly(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
grin grin
Thats how i married. Told my wife back then i was a bricklayer and she was like ''as long as there is life there is hope''. Only for her to visit me and found out i'm an Arab prince equivalent. Naamean wink wink

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by TrishaP(f): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
You did nothing wrong. I think she is just pained now cus she lost her chances whereby trying to blame you for her indecision. It happens!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
You did nothing wrong! Gosh! She didn't even take a chance to know his kinda person...

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by lyfe(m): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
I wouldn't be interested too, If I was the lady. Imagine security man in Lagos proposing marriage where all the "rich swagger " guys are in abundance.

This is the reality most guys should embrace. Women want some sort of security and 99% of the women would fail that test.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by DickDastardly(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
TrishaP:
You did nothing wrong. I think she is just pained now cus she lost her chances whereby trying to blame you for her indecision . It happens!
GREED rather cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by adanduka: 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lying isn't the right thing to do.
When a woman is in it for money, you'll know.
But the so called rich businessman is really in a hurry to get married. How long did he date this one he's settling with?

5 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Trunaijian: 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
You are going to apologise for what? My dear, u did nothing wrong. Infact you helped your cousin. You better gather your self esteem and sit down at home and watch some tv or something. To hell with her!

16 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by TrishaP(f): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
DickDastardly:
grin grin
Thats how i married. Told my wife back then i was a bricklayer and she was like ''as long as there is life there is hope''. Only for her to visit me and found out i'm an Arab prince equivalent. Naamean wink wink
Truthful lie. Hahaha cheesy
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by donpope1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Damn not apologize to the fvcking gold digger that's wants an already made gold Di.ck to fvck. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Udmaster(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
The guy lying about his Job is a bit wrong.. How many young female graduate will love to marry a "bricklayer" or "security man"?
But I also blame the girl that turned down the proposal due to lack of foresight.

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
90% of people blaming the girl in this movie are hypocrite. Seriously, how many people/graduates will agree to get married to a bricklayer in mushin via a 3rd party? How many people will agree to marry an agbero in motor park? This is a very straightforward case. The babe never discriminated him but her choice of marriage wasn't a briklayer or capenter. It's her choice.

The friend and the dude were at fault here. I support the lady demand for apology.

But the film sha

19 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
even if I were to be the girl I won't want my friend to marry my brother cos its obvious she's marrying for the money. how long will the marriage last if all she's there for is the money?
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
90% of people blaming the girl in this movie are hypocrite. Seriously, how many people/graduates will agree to get married to a bricklayer in mushin via a 3rd party? How many people will agree to marry an agbero in motor park? This is a very straightforward case. The babe never discriminated him but her choice of marriage wasn't a briklayer or capenter. It's her choice.

The friend and the dude were at fault here. I support the lady demand for apology.

But the film sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:

But the film sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

meaning she wants an already made man abi? what now happens to the struggling men? mk dem no marry abi konji should kill them?

7 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by dlox147(m): 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
You shouldn't apologize to her, especially as you tried your best to persuade her to go ahead...after all she clearly said she was not ready for marriage at that time so why is she all worked up...smh

2 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by papoose999(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
No sir! Everybody have their choice and taste. Honestly answer these questions, what will be your reaction to see your graduate sister bring home a bricklayer that lives in Ajegunle and introduce him as her fiance? What will be your reaction should your sister bring home an Investment Banker as her fiance? What will be your reaction should your sister tell you she rejected a bricklayer that proposed to her? Pls answer

Let us not be hypocritical here. While the girl has her right to either accept or reject a bricklayer, she does no wrong if in her judgement he doesn't meet her specs. It's about choice bro!
changes1:

meaning she wants an already made man abi? what now happens to the struggling men? mk dem no marry abi konji should kill them?

3 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by dasrackhor(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
changes1:
I saw this story online, read it, told my peeps around me... come see argument.
So I brought it here. What do you think??

Ada Okeke shared her true life story online… My
people, I need your advice… I am the one involved!
My cousin (male) came home last Christmas
looking for a wife, I told him about my girlfriend and
we agreed to invite her over so that he can see her.
At last he liked her, collected her phone number
from me, though I told her before doing that.
But here is the deal between me and him, he made
it clear to me never to disclose what he does for a
living to her now, but rather I should tell her he is a
security man living in Mushin… ( note: he is a rich
business man but he is afraid to disclose his
identity now, because according to him, he is
looking for a lady that will love him for whom he is
and not for what he is)…
They met, he told her the same thing, after
everything she came to me to know whether it’s
true, I told her yes… But she should give him a
chance, and try to know him very well… She told
me she wasn’t interested, not ready for marriage
yet, I tried all my best to convince her but to no
avail, I let go!
Later he found another lady, paid her bride price
last February, they are planning for their traditional
marriage soon..
Now, I don’t know how my girlfriend ran into him
and discovered he is a rich business guy… She
called me yesterday afternoon and gave me the
insult of my life. Her reason is that I shouldn’t have
lied to her in the first place, knowing fully well we
are friends… that a friend is not supposed to lie to a
friend… Her sisters called me and told me the same
thing. But when I tried to explain things, they hung
the phone on me..
I am planning to go over to their place today to
explain things to her sisters and apologize too, but
my own sisters are still with the opinion that I did
nothing wrong..
What do you think? Did I do the right or the wrong
thing?
guy if u go dat babe side u don Bleep up b dat ooooo...u did nothing wrong jare...let her cry u an ocean..ko kan aye...
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Her response was a polite way of saying "I'm not interested in your bricklayer cousin"
dlox147:
You shouldn't apologize to her, especially as you tried your best to persuade her to go ahead...after all she clearly said she was not ready for marriage at that time so why is she all worked up...smh

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by richidinho(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
And how is diz political?

My Frnd will you take this Sh.it to romance section before I call on the spirit of HIV to do d needful to u?
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
No sir! Everybody have their choice and taste. Honestly answer these questions, what will be your reaction to see your graduate sister bring home a bricklayer that lives in Ajegunle and introduce him as her fiance? What will be your reaction should your sister bring home an Investment Banker as her fiance? What will be your reaction should your sister tell you she rejected a bricklayer that proposed to her? Pls answer

Let us not be hypocritical here. While the girl has her right to either accept or reject a bricklayer, she does no wrong if in her judgement he doesn't meet her specs. It's about choice bro!

Barca I get your point but she should have gone to check him out first. Most girls "judge a book by its cover"

2 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
I think I should adopt this method. All the girls I've dated only 'eat' my money especially when they get to know I own GoldStraw Group (GoldStraw Oil, GoldStraw Airways, GoldStraw Construction Company, GoldStraw Logistics etc) worth over $10 billion.

They tell me all manner of sweet words; Rumpel, you are the only cockroach in my cupboard. Rumpel, you are the only rat in my storeroom. embarassed I hear these things and I begin to spend money 'yanfu yanfu' until my account officer calls to warn me about my spending.

I must relocate to Mpape or Galadima and disguise as a 'vulga' that pumps air into tyres. Enough of playing the mugu/maga. angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
That is how I am planing to get married told my girl that am. Poor she left me. I told her am unemployed but I own my own business ceo that I don't have N1000 but am worth N37million naira liqiud and N60million naira fixed asserts some girls are short sighted daft and fools she broke up with me last week and gave me N800 transport not knowing I had N30k in my wallet and N2million in my diamond bank savings account I walked out of her house smiling......[]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
richidinho:
And how is diz political?

My Frnd will you take this Sh.it to romance section before I call on the spirit of HIV to do d needful to u?

What's the work of the mods?

So children of these days can't comment without insults and anger?
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Closecall:
That is how I am planing to get married told my girl that am. Poor she left me. I told her am unemployed but I own my own business ceo that I don't have N1000 but am worth N37million naira liqiud and N60million naira fixed asserts some girls are short sighted daft and fools she broke up with me last week and gave me N800 transport not knowing I had N30k in my wallet and N2million in my diamond bank savings account I walked out of her house smiling......[]

lies get grade and size shaaa

7 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by stebell(m): 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
I hav read dis story. This poo sound like a story line from Nollywood.

Too much TV.

*spit on whoever believed dis shiiit
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Cadamlk: 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
What you did was not wrong at all.Your friend is the one that is not smart enough.You only did what your brother wants you to do.Even if you had told her the truth and God forbid thing changed for that guy,will she not run away?Obviously your friend is after money not true love.This should serve as lesson to her and other young ladies who prefer to use their future husbands as boyfriends
Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Op, let her go! If she begrudges you for that then she is really not your friend! Besides, she said she wasn't ready for marriage before, even after several sessions of trying your best to persuade her. After all, another woman didn't mind to marry a security man.

She could have gotten your brother by asking the right questions about his future plans and how he would achieve them. Where a man is going is what's important, not necessarily where he is!

6 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by ERCROSS(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
lyfe:
I wouldn't be interested too, If I was the lady. Imagine security man in Lagos proposing marriage where all the "rich swagger " guys are in abundance.

This is the reality most guys should embrace. Women want some sort of security and 99% of the women would fail that test.

Then the 99% are not worthy of being married to the rich guy... I'd rather stick with the 1% who will pass the test believing that when there's life, there's hope...
That's the true love...
Not the sophisticated love u'll get from d 99%..

4 Likes

Re: Lady Rejects Guy Cos He’s ‘poor’, Only To Later Discover He’s Actually Very Rich by iamrealdeji(m): 3:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
If you go and apologize,i'll come there to give you the worst beaten of your life,you did perfectly well for not telling the gold digger about the guy,most ladies these days are too lazy to work and they'd be the same shouting what a man can do,a woman can do better,why rely on a man like you don't have arms to work? You have the same hands the man has,so wtf? And some of your fellow women are richer than men

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Text Of Speech By Adeosun On Linking Capital Markets With Affordable Housing / Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life / Sanwo-Olu Submits Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.