Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force (8952 Views)

Aregbesola Lied, He Earned A Total Of N317bn From The Federal Allocation By HOS / Jagaba Threatens To Sue Lawan For Blackmail / Jagaba Denies Collecting $620,000 Bribe From Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by airmark(m): 2:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Financial Crimes, Narcotics and Drugs, Mr. Jagaba Adams Jagaba, Tuesday, visited the Special Task Force investigating the $620,000 bribe money given to Hon. Farouk Lawan, erstwhile chairman of the Subsidy Probe Committee to investigate wide scale fraud against oil marketers and insisted that he did not collect any money claimed to have been given him by Lawan.

Jagaba who arrived Force Headquarters at about 11 a.m., made straight for the Special Task Force where detectives investigating the scam grilled him for over two hours, after which he was granted bail on self recognition at about 1. 30 p.m.

Vanguard investigation revealed that Jagaba who had earlier written the Police investigators stating that he never received the said $620,000 collected by Farouk from oil magnate, Mr. Femi Otedola, was unruffled through out the duration of the interrogation, saying if Lawan is sure he gave him the money, he should show evidence to the Police.

Asked if there were other revelations that came out of Jagaba interrogation, considering the fact that Police have petitions on other bribery collections from other oil marketers, a source said Jagaba has promised to open up on what he knew when investigations into other such allegations commence.

On whether that was the end of the investigation with regards to the Jagaba angle, the source said as investigations go on, if there is need, Jagaba would be invited again.

Source : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/jagaba-refutes-farouks-claims-on-620000-bribe-money/

Farouk Lawan should resign now.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Okijajuju1(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2012
AND Again, Otedola has just scored another brilliant goal..

OTEDOLA 2: LAWAN: 0

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Okay, Now we have heard badnews from NASS today ...Any Bad news from Boko Haram ?
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Korrection(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2012
Like someone rightly said here on nairaland..We are getting tired of this drama.....
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by HighChief4(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2012
And these are people that are supposed to be calling the shots for Nigeria. Mallams and their greed, SMH
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by brabus(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Lawan: I didn't say Jagaba collected the money. I said he was notified.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by oliidell(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju: AND Again, Otedola has just scored another brilliant goal..

No Okija Juju; it's
Otedola 3
Lawan 0

1 otedola blew d whistle
2 He tendered audio and video evidence
3 Jagaba- a principal witness and fellow Representathief just denied Lawan.

Omo dem don share dat money. If na only Lawan hol am, e for don bring am out since.

4 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Wasn't this the same Jagaba that refused to cooperate with the police investigation a few days ago?

Why did it take him this long? hmmm
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by adora4u1: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2012
Dis saga go tough pass the latest James Bond movie o!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Afam4eva(m): 8:50am On Jul 11, 2012
Is this were a football match, Frouk Lawan would have been relegated to the second division by now. Which kain massacre be this?

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by igbsam(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2012
Our leaders. Show of Shame. This drama is starting to bore me out of ma skin. Criminals in high places. Am sure the money is with jonathan. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by DICKtator: 8:52am On Jul 11, 2012
Wondering what cards Fahcrook Lieman is really going to play in this imbroglio. This is despicable and a total show of shame to the Nigerian nation!

undecided undecided[sub][/sub]

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Fesisko(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2012
I am sick n tired of dis hide n seek game jor!As usual,nothing concrete is goin to come out of this media investigation.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 11, 2012
oliidell:

No Okija Juju; it's
Otedola 3
Lawan 0

1 otedola blew d whistle
[b]2 He tendered audio and video evidence
[/b]3 Jagaba- a principal witness and fellow Representathief just denied Lawan.

Omo dem don share dat money. If na only Lawan hol am, e for don bring am out since.

Have you seen the video tape?

Which audio tape? The one Otedola denie having in his possession? https://www.nairaland.com/986054/video-evidence-lawan-collecting-bribe
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Super1759: 9:06am On Jul 11, 2012
Lawal(italy) vs otedola(spain) fist half don pass.we deh second half now.kai spain too much joor

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by edicolove: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Have you seen the video tape?

Which audio tape? The one Otedola denie having in his possession? https://www.nairaland.com/986054/video-evidence-lawan-collecting-bribe

Where or when did Otedola deny having an audio recording? Na wa for you o. Are you a member of the house of reps?

5 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by idirect(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Why did it take him this long? hmmm
I wonder Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

Shege FarOok
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by habayommy: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2012
La historia continúa... grin
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Delafruita(m): 9:27am On Jul 11, 2012
if i were to be on farouk's team,i'd advise him to just keep discussing the subsudy report,take as much attention away from the bribery saga and then let otedola react.he should stop responding to the allegations especially in the press and let all his statements be that of pressuring the house of rep into implementing the subsidy report.
his advisers are doing a really bad job.his political career is at stake if this isnt handled well.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Hope2015: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2012
It is not enof for Jagaba to say he did not collect the money! Lawan was reported to have written a memo to him wherein he stated the money was "attached" (Though wonder how such money would have been attached to the memo) and the memo was said to have been acknowledged. Did he (Jagaba) or any body working for him at any time received & acknowledged the purported memo from Lawan? If Yes, then he can't claim ignorance of the money but if No, the implication is that Lawan is more than jus a crook. He committed a crime (bribe collection) and he made several attempts to cover up the crime.(1st - denial of receipt of any money, 2nd self confession to have collected the money to nail the bribe giver..3rd, circulated various purpoted memos issued by him (Lawan) notifying the house and some security agencies of bribe inducement) when in fact they are nothing but camouflag. Now Jagaba is not only denying receiving the bribe money but by implication he is also denying receiving & acknowledging any purpoted memo from lawan. By a layman interpretation, Dishonorable Lawan committed one crime of bribe taking and had committed several crimes to cover up the first crime from forgery to falsification to manipulation & distortion of facts. I just wonder why the nigerian police are still saying there is no enough evidence to try him(Lawan)! While we are not loosing focus of the bigger picture, we are also saying Lawan & Co should also be tried for their own crimes.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Silva79(f): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2012
Oloriburuku ni iya gbogbo yin...who isnt tired of dis whole drama? Imagine,SSS is yet to speak and i'm sure der side of d story wuld enlightened us.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by deshclones(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2012
Delafruita: if i were to be on farouk's team,i'd advise him to just keep discussing the subsudy report,take as much attention away from the bribery saga and then let otedola react.he should stop responding to the allegations especially in the press and let all his statements be that of pressuring the house of rep into implementing the subsidy report.
his advisers are doing a really bad job.his political career is at stake if this isnt handled well.

What is the morale of you story young man?? or are you deliberately playing the devils advocate??

Okija_juju: AND Again, Otedola has just scored another brilliant goal..

lmfao....dude you funny gan.....brilliant goal indeed....lol

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Elueme: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Now let the confessions continue!! We are all ears...............
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by ifihearam: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2012
@igbsam
You are just a compound fool for ur above statement.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Dee60: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2012
Plenty of ideas for Nollywood! And of course new words for our dictionary - Jagabized by fellow compatriots means 'where a key witness and a colleague at work suddenly makes a u-turn to deny his colleague. reps need to tell their fellows - Please do not jagabize me when I am being tried!

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by Dee60: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
Nigerian - Indeed a theatre of the absurd. So, where is the $620,000? This looks like a ploy to keep the case forever open for reason of lack of evidence. And that means that the culprits may just walk away freely.

We the people of Nigeria j=have this consolation - Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. FRAUD ULTIMATELY DOES NOT PAY!
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by shineeye1: 10:19am On Jul 11, 2012
Why are civil societies not rallying for resignation of principal actors of this scandal? Why are student groups not pushing for resignation? The answer is simple. Corruption has become a culture of our people. We are all involved in corruption at our various levels. But corruption can never take a nation forward. The dog that will perish will never hear the calling whistle of its owner. The advanced world never got to their present state by the path we are headed as a nation. Steps taken in a backward direction can never take us forward. Everyone seems to be at ease with his own corruption yet we pray for progress as one nation. We must wake up from our self inflicted delusion.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by stijjani42: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2012
dn't knw d reason behind ds waste of tym. cn sombody pls shoot ds clowns in d head
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by onatisi(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2012
stijjani42: dn't knw d reason behind ds waste of tym. cn sombody pls shoot ds clowns in d head

call the boko boys , they will just bee too happy to do the job.free of charge grin
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by question(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Facrook don chop bribe money wey hook am for long throat. He can neither vomit nor swallow the $620k.
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by tjdj: 10:46am On Jul 11, 2012
the name "JAGABAN" amongst area boys is for the Godfather, and anything that Godfather does cannot be questioned by anybody...lol
Re: Lawan Lied, He Never Gave Me Money - Hon. Jagaba Told Task Force by bejay766: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2012
These guys are jokers! So sad there is no one to pull their ears!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Nigeria Import Palm Oil From Malaysia? / Nigeria May Stop Borrowing To Fund Budget — Adeosun / Incoming Senator Of Abia-north Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Casting His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.